Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Sure, kink isn't necessary, but I bet they have the high trust and excellent communication portion, right?
Very. They also have the security of knowing that what they have is not threatened by others. Not very common, unfortunately, to look at the reaction to sharing we see on these forums.

You personally benefited from the arrangement, but was the RELATIONSHIP saved? Not trying to argue. I'm genuinely curious. I don't know of any relationships in my circle saved by this kind of arrangement.
It did not save the marriage, but it did keep us together for an extra five years or so. We had moved in with another couple when my son was five. For the next five years, he had three parent figures. This allowed him to grow up very safe and secure. The "other dad" is still in his life even now (my son is 28). If we hadn't opened up the relationship, we probably would have split by the time he was six and things would have been much worse for him. He and his wife are polyamorous.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Very. They also have the security of knowing that what they have is not threatened by others. Not very common, unfortunately, to look at the reaction to sharing we see on these forums.

It did not save the marriage, but it did keep us together for an extra five years or so. We had moved in with another couple when my son was five. For the next five years, he had three parent figures. This allowed him to grow up very safe and secure. The "other dad" is still in his life even now (my son is 28). If we hadn't opened up the relationship, we probably would have split by the time he was six and things would have been much worse for him. He and his wife are polyamorous.
Thank you for sharing your experience. :)

Reactions: Dragon59

jabrown_9555

Jun 15, 2019
Okay, so because of a planned plot line we can’t break up with Nicole? We have to wait until some future plot point (most likely dramatic and cliche as these things usually are) before the MC is able to tell her to fuck off... I honestly don’t care if I miss out on story or content I still want to be able to tell her that the relationship is done.

If she’s in a long distance relationship for less then a month and already proposing that they be in an Open Relationship then she’s moved on. The MC and player should be able to move on from her if they so choose.

Honestly this update killed a lot of my interest in the game with that revelation. I didn’t hate Nicole as much as others do, rather I disliked the fact that the most realistic option, to call it quits, wasn’t given to the players when it makes the most sense. Instead the players must either accept that the girlfriend essentially lined up someone she wanted to fuck and then proposed an option that allowed her to do so without guilt or the player has to decline and close off any chance of the MC fucking any of the women he is now around without being a cheating asshole.

Neither are options that I’m interested in exploring right now.
That's a little close minded to say it killed a lot of your interest already, it's only the third update, who knows the reason why they made those the choices..

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience. :)
Glad it's appreciated.

Regarding one of the kinky/non-kinky couples. The kinky member was in a Truth or Dare game. She was dared to have her husband spank her. Bless his heart, he tried, but he was so awkward and it was too light for her (and she's not into pain). We all thanked him for being willing to help. We didn't vanilla shame him. ;-)

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
That's a little close minded to say it killed a lot of your interest already, it's only the third update, who knows the reason why they made those the choices..
If Dots and his team want to remove choices and tell us a story by making a Kinetic Novel I’m all on board. I’ll sit back and be entertained. However, a VN with choices, but limited so that they don’t damage the overall plot, is not as interesting to me. Especially when the break up happening doesn’t seem like an if but a when. I don’t like Nicole, I don’t believe we’re supposed to like her, and keeping her around when she proposes an open relationship just for the story is disappointing.

oysterkeeper

Oct 6, 2019
Having to give your go ahead to tell your girlfriend she can have sex with anyone no questions asked or to play the game without any non-dream sex scenes for now. Certainly making the choices difficult.

Perhaps it makes the game realistic but if that's what dots is going for I'm not sure the whole sister wearing lingerie around the brother as often as possible really goes along with that.

Surprised games are still forcing LI's on people. Especially one as bland as Nicole.

jabrown_9555

Jun 15, 2019
If Dots and his team want to remove choices and tell us a story by making a Kinetic Novel I’m all on board. I’ll sit back and be entertained. However, a VN with choices, but limited so that they don’t damage the overall plot, is not as interesting to me. Especially when the break up happening doesn’t seem like an if but a when. I don’t like Nicole, I don’t believe we’re supposed to like her, and keeping her around when she proposes an open relationship just for the story is disappointing.
That's fair, trust me I do not like her one bit either and I wish we could break up with her but I'll wait and see what the reasoning is

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Okay, so because of a planned plot line we can’t break up with Nicole? We have to wait until some future plot point (most likely dramatic and cliche as these things usually are) before the MC is able to tell her to fuck off... I honestly don’t care if I miss out on story or content I still want to be able to tell her that the relationship is done.

If she’s in a long distance relationship for less then a month and already proposing that they be in an Open Relationship then she’s moved on. The MC and player should be able to move on from her if they so choose.

Honestly this update killed a lot of my interest in the game with that revelation. I didn’t hate Nicole as much as others do, rather I disliked the fact that the most realistic option, to call it quits, wasn’t given to the players when it makes the most sense. Instead the players must either accept that the girlfriend essentially lined up someone she wanted to fuck and then proposed an option that allowed her to do so without guilt or the player has to decline and close off any chance of the MC fucking any of the women he is now around without being a cheating asshole.

Neither are options that I’m interested in exploring right now.
Once again:
We heared the complaints - it's in discussion.
There are more than good chances to correct that "mistake", by not having a chance to break up right now, at least in next update.
This will be decided (and announced) as soon as possible - probably tomorrow.
Even this is not a final statement right now, as MrDots has not decided finally as he went to bed. He will decide tomorrow.
So please stay patient.
As i said several times before: WE HEARED ALL YOUR VOICES (and even support you)
The need to have an open relationship for a good reason (a certain path) is no "blocker" to break up for another path.
So a breakup should be in there - right now. As this update is done, it can be right in the next update. We also already have some kind of story setup for that... only the very last "go" from MrDots is missing.

EDIT:
And before you, or someone else, starts to complain about waiting 2 months to break up -> just remember that it's just 1-2 ingame days (1 update = 1 week, the "open relation offer" was right before the last day of this update - so Friday ).
Just saying this right in advance, as i know people crying "I waited 6 months to be able to finally break up" (yes, but ingame MC waited just 1 week after he left his GF while saying "i love you" - always keep that in mind)

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperLYC

Macgamer

Oct 10, 2018
Ok firstly I will just express my views so far. The MC is a spineless and just looking at him makes me want to puke. He is obviously a bitch boy. Secondly right from the first scene I new he wasn't the man in charge in his relationship. But worst I new right away that this was where we were leading. But worst of all not having the ability to tell Nicole to go F herself really sucked. I haven't enjoyed the game even close to as much as Mr Dots other games and only makes me miss play Melody that much more. I'm not really sure where to go from here since this game is going into areas I don't wish to play. I can rant on so many things I don't like but I wont. Can't believe I waited to play this only to be so disappointed. I sure Hope the dev's look at the many comments and make some changes. I wanted to break up with Nicole even before the MC left for the island. Now look at this mess. I hate sharing routes and if thats how this game goes I will be out for sure. Sure wish Melody was still a thing. (sigh)

Last edited:

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
... The MC is a spineless and just looking at him makes me want to puke. He is obviously a bitch boy....
Yes, you are right, but people can grow on situations - and you will see the MC at end of this game will not be the same anymore as right now
Secondly right from the first scene I new he wasn't the man in charge in his relationship. But worst I new right away that this was where we were leading. But worst of all not having the ability to tell Nicole to go F herself really sucked.
First read the comments before this thread - we already aknowleged and working on a solution to fix that
... I'm not really sure where to go from here since this game is going into areas I don't wish to play. I can rant on so many things I don't like but I wont. Can't believe I waited to play this only to be so disappointed.
Even more a reason to be patient and don't judge too early
I sure Hope the dev's look at the many comments and make some changes. I wanted to break up with Nicole even before the MC left for the island. Now look at this mess. Sure wish Melody was still a think. (sigh)
Once again (and hopefully for the last time):
WE ALREADY DID !!!
(just read the forum posts before ranting - maybe things are already solved or at least work in progress)

Rey Palpatine

Jan 22, 2019
The girlfriend was full of red flags from the beginning. MC mentions a threesome to her right at the beginning, she says something like "me and two guys?"
At that point it was obvious something was up

Also, it was she who had the initiative to have an open relationship, she must have had it in her head for a long time, it is something that has nothing to do with the MC being on an island with sexy girls, this is just an excuse .

Macgamer

Oct 10, 2018
Yes, you are right, but people can grow on situations - and you will see the MC at end of this game will not be the same anymore as right now

First read the comments before this thread - we already aknowleged and working on a solution to fix that

WE ALREADY DID !!!
(just read the forum posts before ranting - maybe things are already solved or at least work in progress)
You can't blame people for expressing their disappointments. But if this is being changed I'd so love that as apposed to not playing this any more.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
The girlfriend was full of red flags from the beginning. MC mentions a threesome to her right at the beginning, she says something like "me and two guys?"
At that point it was obvious something was up

Also, it was she who had the initiative to have an open relationship, she must have had it in her head for a long time, it is something that has nothing to do with the MC being on an island with sexy girls, this is just an excuse .
and don't forget:
even if SHE suggested to open relation, does not mean that she was right with that decision, but maybe confused about something else (what she misinterpreted). I still refer to a possible, rare (maybe never) seen path in any VN.
You guys always see everything too mainstream - ok, i admit i even fell into that by myself until i had a talk with one of the internal team XD

Larzeranna

Jul 5, 2020
WE ALREADY DID !!!
Taking a look at the numerous reviews pointing out issues with the game - they're the same ones that showed up in both of Dots' previous ventures. (Spineless MC, Dialogue, etc.) It's not surprising that people won't believe it until they see it. It seems a little unfair to tell people to "read the forum posts" given that fact.

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018

WE ALREADY DID !!!
Hyper thank you for speaking up and letting us know about this and it is very much appreciated, though I am still mad at you for the whole Melody 2 april fools prank....J/K that was hilarious as hell and you all had everyone going!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Hyperserver

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Taking a look at the numerous reviews pointing out issues with the game - they're the same ones that showed up in both of Dots' previous ventures. (Spineless MC, Dialogue, etc.) It's not surprising that people won't believe it until they see it. It seems a little unfair to tell people to "read the forum posts" given that fact.
we were talking about the fact not to be able to break up - not more

About "spineless dialogues" - that's what MrDots does - more storytelling than other VN - it's his style - it always was, and it probably always will be.
You may love it, you may hate it - but MrDots does it - ;)

3.50 star(s) 270 Votes