Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
In the ending scene with Victoria if you choose to go into her house -- the walkthro says you can press 'continue' or 'keep going' to get a different part of the scene, but i don't have those options. It only allows me to change the speed and position.
Yeah, the sex scene will be added later. This was one of those rare moments by MDots where a good portion was Not done in time - though you can get an idea from the flashback portion of what went on (in a highly abbreviated version.)

Reactions: Fabs93

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
so when the sister comes back with the snacks after the wedding party there is an issue with the name she says "Back [y_name] and i found something for us to eat"
In the ending scene with Victoria if you choose to go into her house -- the walkthro says you can press 'continue' or 'keep going' to get a different part of the scene, but i don't have those options. It only allows me to change the speed and position.
both known and already reportes issues - confirmed though
each way: thank you for mentioning

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
(And I don’t consider the Ashley/Gerald scene the same as Brodie/Sis. The flashback scene, they were in love, and MC was only age 9 at the time, overseas in his home country. And it gave us a chance to show young Ashley doing it.)
This whole thing sucks because young Ashley looks just so much better than the present time one. And it mighty sucks that the only way to see sex scenes with her looking like that is to watch her with main characters old man.:cry: She doesnt look older in present time anyway, just return her hairstyle to the past one and it will be much better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milflover68

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
I am probably one of the few to whom the possibility of separation at this stage does not make sense. MC (unlike the player) is not in a mental setting: I will have sex with all the LI. He considers himself in a relationship with Nicol and therefore his immediate reaction is limited to the above possibilities.
This is a classic problem of perceiving the reality of MC (settings from dev.) / MC (player options).
In this game, MC simply has an agenda, given by the developer, that we have to accept. In addition, we will be able to influence the rest of his behavior.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Oh, and isn’t the “turn down hall pass“ option wild? Because if you take that path, Week 2 still ends with you asleep and Sis taking your Hand and cupping it on her bare breast as she falls asleep.

That path is a bit more complex than it might seem.
Well that's because Sis is a huge perv who enjoys "abusing" MC in his sleep! :ROFLMAO:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
It is good to see the level of spirited debate. But if you look over on Discord, we still have a definition of NTR that still applies and that we are not going to do NTR under that definition.

in addition, while it never was NTR, we specifically did not show any sex between Sis and Brodie. That was an MDots decision. And while you could argue we scripted around them where they probably didn’t even have sex, if they had, we weren’t showing it.

(And I don’t consider the Ashley/Gerald scene the same as Brodie/Sis. The flashback scene, they were in love, and MC was only age 9 at the time, overseas in his home country. And it gave us a chance to show young Ashley doing it.)

We have in DMD had Elena have sex with others, primarily with the waiter and later with the farm boy (I am not commenting on the older doctor), so MDots has shown female characters with other men when you have forgon pursing them.

My point is we are not drafting NTR in conflict with ROEs (Rules of Engagement) posted on Discord in regards to NTR.

So there it is. There is drama because it certainly looks like Nicole is gearing toward an affair, but is that actually where she will end up? And if not, why?

However, I admit that Hearsz certainly runs the script pretty close to the edge of the NTR cliff.
Ah, okay. I didn’t know that have a definition of NTR on your Discord that you follow. Can you share it with those of us not on your server? Is it noticeably different from the NTR definition that F95 uses?

I am probably one of the few to whom the possibility of separation at this stage does not make sense. MC (unlike the player) is not in a mental setting: I will have sex with all the LI. He considers himself in a relationship with Nicol and therefore his immediate reaction is limited to the above possibilities.
This is a classic problem of perceiving the reality of MC (settings from dev.) / MC (player options).
In this game, MC simply has an agenda, given by the developer, that we have to accept. In addition, we will be able to influence the rest of his behavior.
Well, the MC did consider himself in a monogamous relationship with Nicole. Perhaps not a really satisfying one. But when she decides she wants an open relationship after such a short separation wouldn’t it be less painful in the long run to just end it? She must have someone in mind (Gerald) for her to whip that idea out there. Why would the MC agree to that idea? As you said, up to that point, he had no real thoughts of fucking anyone else. But obviously his girlfriend sure does. So why prolong the inevitable?

Reactions: kantigura

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
This whole thing sucks because young Ashley looks just so much better than the present time one. And it mighty sucks that the only way to see sex scenes with her looking like that is to watch her with main characters old man.:cry: She barely looks older in present time anyway, just return her hairstyle to the past one and it will be much better.
That would be interesting if she does reassume that old hair style. Perhaps in response to a relationship with MC. Hmmm.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Whenever I load the game first time after a while, I always laugh whenever I see the MC because he really really looks like a lawyer friend of mine. I even tried naming the MC as his name once but I just couldn't go through the game without laughing too much. #whenthegamegetstooreal :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Jeff Steel

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Well that's because Sis is a huge perv who enjoys "abusing" MC in his sleep! :ROFLMAO:
Didn’t think of it that way, but you have a point. She spent her childhood trying to smooch with MC. Now, every path you take ends up with her putting Mc’s hand in her bare breast. As long as MC is asleep, this is probably her new normal; no reason she would regress from that new normal. So for her, there is likely to just be progression.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
However, I admit that Hearsz certainly runs the script pretty close to the edge of the NTR cliff.
This is a huge potential problem for you guys though. The heart of the NTR kink is the emotion that it sparks in the the player/reader/consumer. Some love it. Some despise it. It is really, really hard to capture that in a usable definition. By flirting with the edge of the cliff, you are pretty much intentionally pissing off/triggering sections of your fanbase by sparking NTR-like emotions in them. When someone is feeling like that, they don't want to be told that "technically it isn't NTR because..."

Personally, I don't like NTR in general although I can admit that there are times when it is done well and it serves the larger narrative. However, I am irked by authors/devs who play the "it isn't really NTR" game. Maybe not, but I still FEEL like it's NTR, and I really dislike that feeling. I'm sure this is nothing new to you, but I figured I'd share my POV.

Get some rest, and then get back to work on 0.4. :devilish:

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
That would be interesting if she does reassume that old hair style. Perhaps in response to a relationship with MC. Hmmm.
Dont give me false hope.:cry: Seriously though my biggest grievance about this game is that mc cant get the best looking girl(young Ashley).

Reactions: steelsmiter

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
Well, the MC did consider himself in a monogamous relationship with Nicole. Perhaps not a really satisfying one. But when she decides she wants an open relationship after such a short separation wouldn’t it be less painful in the long run to just end it? She must have someone in mind (Gerald) for her to whip that idea out there. Why would the MC agree to that idea? As you said, up to that point, he had no real thoughts of fucking anyone else. But obviously his girlfriend sure does. So why prolong the inevitable?
MC is in a new situation now. He should first consider whether or not he wants to build a relationship with Nicol under these conditions. Only then (ie in the next updates) to end it. If he ended it right away, it would be hasty: "Are you on me like that? Then I'm breaking up with you" behavior.

tehcatsmiaw

Jul 2, 2017
wow, I've never read so much useless text. I usually don't mind, actually, scratch that, I usually enjoy a nice buildup, some background story for the characters and all that, but the problem with this game/novel is that the writing is just not very good. it's just fucking boring, uninteresting and not sexy at all. I honestly don't know what to say about all this, I would have thought he would have gotten better by now, considering this is his 3rd game, but it's the 3rd time he is telling the same fucking story, only that the models and circumstances are a bit different. writing this makes me wish the forum had a ResidentSleeper emote

LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
Didn’t think of it that way, but you have a point. She spent her childhood trying to smooch with MC. Now, every path you take ends up with her putting Mc’s hand in her bare breast. As long as MC is asleep, this is probably her new normal; no reason she would regress from that new normal. So for her, there is likely to just be progression.
Wait are we forced to do something with the Sister? I have no interest in her at all.

LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
MC is in a new situation now. He should first consider whether or not he wants to build a relationship with Nicol under these conditions. Only then (ie in the next updates) to end it. If he ended it right away, it would be hasty: "Are you on me like that? Then I'm breaking up with you" behavior.
If I have NO INTEREST in sharing at all breaking up with a girl that suggests an open relationship is not "being hasty".

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Ah, okay. I didn’t know that have a definition of NTR on your Discord that you follow. Can you share it with those of us not on your server? Is it noticeably different from the NTR definition that F95 uses?
LOL, just realized our Discord definition has a “hall pass“ exception. Except as of right now, Nicole is talking about hall pass, but ultimately does not want a hall pass on her end. (Interesting, however, if MC were to break up with Nicole, the story would then be free to have her dalliance with another man. Which would be funny, that the only way she has sex with another dude besides MC in the VN is to break up with her ... when most players want to break up with her because they think she is going to have sex with another man.)

So here is the NTR definition (and we’ve promised we would not have NTR):

”Q: **__What is your definition of NTR?__**
```A: From Jeff Steel, the current attorney in the developing group, being told that they are not going to overpromise on these restrictions.
Netorare (寝取られ, most commonly abbreviated as NTR) comes from Notora. Notora is a Japanese term that literally translates to "taken away by sleeping with.”
Netorare is therefore being defined as: (1) the MC having a love/dating interest and (2) having another person steal that love/dating interest away via sex, sexual prowess, etc.
Thus defined, NTR would NOT include when the MC meets up with a love/dating interest that ALREADY has a different love/dating interest and the MC eventually steals her away. In fact, this would be Netori.
NTR also does not include situations of sharing, swapping, taking a break, having a hall pass, or having a threesome. NTR also does not include situation where the MC chooses not to progress with a love/dating interest and that person moves on in with life with another partner.”

Stylebender

Jul 11, 2020
LOL, just realized our Discord definition has a “hall pass“ exception. Except as of right now, Nicole is talking about hall pass, but ultimately does not want a hall pass on her end. (Interesting, however, if MC were to break up with Nicole, the story would then be free to have her dalliance with another man. Which would be funny, that the only way she has sex with another dude besides MC in the VN is to break up with her ... when most players want to break up with her because they think she is going to have sex with another man.)

So here is the NTR definition (and we’ve promised we would not have NTR):

”Q: **__What is your definition of NTR?__**
```A: From Jeff Steel, the current attorney in the developing group, being told that they are not going to overpromise on these restrictions.
Netorare (寝取られ, most commonly abbreviated as NTR) comes from Notora. Notora is a Japanese term that literally translates to "taken away by sleeping with.”
Netorare is therefore being defined as: (1) the MC having a love/dating interest and (2) having another person steal that love/dating interest away via sex, sexual prowess, etc.
Thus defined, NTR would NOT include when the MC meets up with a love/dating interest that ALREADY has a different love/dating interest and the MC eventually steals her away. In fact, this would be Netori.
NTR also does not include situations of sharing, swapping, taking a break, having a hall pass, or having a threesome. NTR also does not include situation where the MC chooses not to progress with a love/dating interest and that person moves on in with life with another partner.”
That’s a plot twist if I’ve ever seen one lol

3.50 star(s) 270 Votes