ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
This game is getting worse and worse every update. It was already bad enough with the completely robotic dialogue where every time you have a conversation with someone they'd start reading from a wikipedia article on the given subject. With this update we get a ridiculous scenario where we have to choose between our girlfriend of 5 years getting fucked by other dudes or spend the rest of the game clicking through a snoozefest with no hope of some sex to make it even remotely worthwhile.

Now they are either seeing the feedback and realizing their mistake and gonna backtrack/change things, or this was intended as some kind of weird cheap plot twist to trigger people and then go "ha gotcha everything's actually fine" later on. Which is quite frankly just bad writing.

Oh and let's just break away from the game right when the first sex scene happens for absolutely no reason whatsoever only to show it in a flashback 5 minutes later. Way to completely ruin any shred of immersion left pointlessly.

There is only one redeeming quality in this game currently and that is the renders. It's a damn shame because this game could have been great.

LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
Put yourself in the situation. Been with a girl for 5 years and she drops that on you..
I would say we need to talk this out and if she get's caging I am ending it right there. You also seem to be forgetting that she was the one that said they need time apart so this is not out of the blue. I have been with my girls for over a decade that comes from communication and trust, this relationship has neither of those.

Reactions: Aion_Abyss

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Firstly this is about there not being a choice now not in a week or two. You are going to tell me that the MC someone trying to become a trial lawyer is unable to make a decision about his own life? So you are saying that if he was blindsided in a case he would be like 'excuse me I need a week to come up with an answer, can I get back to you than?'
a week would be the end of next update - so you may get that the decision (we already mentioned probably comming) will be sooner than that - and to be honest: waiting and thinking about such decision like break up for 1-2 days is more than common as that decision is comming out of the blue for MC
Put yourself in the situation. Been with a girl for 5 years and she drops that on you..
see above

Stylebender

Jul 11, 2020
This game is getting worse and worse every update. It was already bad enough with the completely robotic dialogue where every time you have a conversation with someone they'd start reading from a wikipedia article on the given subject. With this update we get a ridiculous scenario where we have to choose between our girlfriend of 5 years getting fucked by other dudes or spend the rest of the game clicking through a snoozefest with no hope of some sex to make it even remotely worthwhile.

Now they are either seeing the feedback and realizing their mistake and gonna backtrack/change things, or this was intended as some kind of weird cheap plot twist to trigger people and then go "ha gotcha everything's actually fine" later on. Which is quite frankly just bad writing.

Oh and let's just break away from the game right when the first sex scene happens for absolutely no reason whatsoever only to show it in a flashback 5 minutes later. Way to completely ruin any shred of immersion left pointlessly.

There is only one redeeming quality in this game currently and that is the renders. It's a damn shame because this game could have been great.
LMAO have you read anything in the thread???? Hyper JUST talked about this and Jeff (one of the devs) talked about she will more than likely not be fucking anyone with this open relationship

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
If what he says comes to pass and she is shown with someone else after breaking up with the MC I would be even less interested in this story. No, not because I would see it as NTR but because I don't care to see a sex scene that does not include the MC in some way. Take the Ashley flashback did it do anything for the story? For me the answer is, no just a waste of time.
MDots has lesbian scenes in all his works without MC present. That will never change.

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
As a Navy veteran, i am rather offended - EVERYBODY is out of uniform.

And, even if their uniforms weren't incorrectly portrayed, the two sailors shouldn't have been in whites; they ought have have been in working dress ... and the Navy - unless it's changed that since my day - does not normally wear hats indoors.

I really hope that i won't have to be constantly cringing at stuff like that - because is i DO have to, i probably won't go on with the game.

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
LOL, just realized our Discord definition has a “hall pass“ exception. Except as of right now, Nicole is talking about hall pass, but ultimately does not want a hall pass on her end. (Interesting, however, if MC were to break up with Nicole, the story would then be free to have her dalliance with another man. Which would be funny, that the only way she has sex with another dude besides MC in the VN is to break up with her ... when most players want to break up with her because they think she is going to have sex with another man.)

So here is the NTR definition (and we’ve promised we would not have NTR):

”Q: **__What is your definition of NTR?__**
```A: From Jeff Steel, the current attorney in the developing group, being told that they are not going to overpromise on these restrictions.
Netorare (寝取られ, most commonly abbreviated as NTR) comes from Notora. Notora is a Japanese term that literally translates to "taken away by sleeping with.”
Netorare is therefore being defined as: (1) the MC having a love/dating interest and (2) having another person steal that love/dating interest away via sex, sexual prowess, etc.
Thus defined, NTR would NOT include when the MC meets up with a love/dating interest that ALREADY has a different love/dating interest and the MC eventually steals her away. In fact, this would be Netori.
NTR also does not include situations of sharing, swapping, taking a break, having a hall pass, or having a threesome. NTR also does not include situation where the MC chooses not to progress with a love/dating interest and that person moves on in with life with another partner.”
Bruh thats ummm one hell of a spoiler there dont cha think? Am not pointing anything out for those the maybe missed it.

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
funny how you guys still "assume" stuff, which is never even written.
After i told you what might happen and what might not happen, you still continued...
Even after Jeff (one of the 3 devs) told you what probably will happen and what not, you still continue....
Why do you care about stuff that "MAYBE could happen in your imagination" rather than starting to listen and believe.

*irony on:
I might suggest to stop playing at all, because it might happen that all women suddenly change look like the old women on nude beach in previous game.
Also it is possible that MrDots does a time-warp forwards, and show the MC as an impotent 80 year old senile man.
Or maybe all women with no sexual interaction to MC right now (except Vicky) feel attracted to Lukas for some reason
... there are so many "theoretical possible" things that might happen...
... but when a dev tells you what really is planned, you can't believe .... ;) :unsure:
*irony off
OK, we are now being told what she meant.
It would have been so much easier if she had said she was going to give him a free / hall pass, as most people assume an open relationship is both people doing something (unless one partner states that they will not do anything but are OK if you want to)

Reactions: cib64

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
If you would be on discord rather than over here where all the complainers claim their voice, you would have noticed that that scene
a) is not even complete and there is a huge part missing
b) was planned otherwise
c) was merged extremely short to release date and absolutely not as it should be done
This is already told by one of the Developers

Reactions: Jeff Steel

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
OK, we are now being told what she meant.
It would have been so much easier if she had said she was going to give him a free / hall pass, as most people assume an open relationship is both people doing something (unless one partner states that they will not do anything but are OK if you want to)
Right now she said what she meant. That does not mean that is what she wants.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
As a Navy veteran, i am rather offended - EVERYBODY is out of uniform.

And, even if their uniforms weren't incorrectly portrayed, the two sailors shouldn't have been in whites; they ought have have been in working dress ... and the Navy - unless it's changed that since my day - does not normally wear hats indoors.

I really hope that i won't have to be constantly cringing at stuff like that - because is i DO have to, i probably won't go on with the game.
In Donutistan there is no US-Navy (or whatever country you are from) - if they would wear underpants as uniform, they would wear underpants...
If the uniform code is all you complain about, then MrDots did everything right

LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
do you have some kind of issue with lesbian scenes?

Gee, i wonder why
I am just tired of the trope/cliche at this point, also the scene doesn't do anything for me it's like watching grass grow and I don't like sharing unless under very specific conditions and if it is with a woman. I mean at this point a straight not slutty girl is a mythical creature in an AVN.

3.50 star(s) 270 Votes