Bernd L

Oct 14, 2017
Renders look great. The tags however are a bit to 'mainstreamish' for me ;)
Call me if the game developes into something more lewd.

Rey Palpatine

Jan 22, 2019
If you would be on discord rather than over here where all the complainers claim their voice, you would have noticed that that scene
a) is not even complete and there is a huge part missing
b) was planned otherwise
c) was merged extremely short to release date and absolutely not as it should be done
This is already told by one of the Developers
Could you give me the discord?

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Now they are either seeing the feedback and realizing their mistake and gonna backtrack/change things, or this was intended as some kind of weird cheap plot twist to trigger people and then go "ha gotcha everything's actually fine" later on. Which is quite frankly just bad writing.
.. or ... You go back 12 hours in thread history and see that we acknowledged early that it might be better to add a "break up path".
The need for "open relationship" is also explained between the lines if you read carefully.
But crossreading the last few posts, then fast typing a complaints post was never a good choice at all.
And finally judging the plot of an ONGOING story, not knowing how it will evolve is just stupid.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
This coming from the guy who said he had the same reaction and had to go get insider info, really?
i got the insider info - then we dropped the hints over here - not our fault that nearly no one is listening

EDIT:
And YES - i had the same reaction at first, but then i listened and understood instead of continiously raging

Jeff Steel

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Just the fact that you need to explain it like this, means you didn't do a good job with it.
No, it means that people are more complex. I am a criminal law defense attorney. People for example in a domestic violence case will call the police on their spouse - then when they realize they don’t want their spouse to go to,jail for months or years, they panic and backtrack.

People break up, or file for a divorce, or make other relationship Decisions and then have regrets and try to backtrack.

The only reason I need to explain things is people freak out over things halfway thru a story - and probably I am not doing a good job because actually I’m hurting everyone’s enjoyment of the suspense by letting people know not to worry.

You are right, I’m not doing a very good job By doing that.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Just the fact that you need to explain it like this, means you didn't do a good job with it.
I believe the point is that this isn't black/white characterization or plotline alignment happening, it's more subtle than that and things can change with circumstances that bring out new thinking in the character.

That is, there may be growth from where the character is right now, so players shouldn't expect every motivation or goal is straightforward or fully projected. Look at the first episode of the game and what happened with the initial adult protagonists and their joined family over the years - this game has been all about changes in the characters from both internal and external events.

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
LMAO have you read anything in the thread???? Hyper JUST talked about this and Jeff (one of the devs) talked about she will more than likely not be fucking anyone with this open relationship
Yes I did read the thread. Did you read my post? Because as I said in the post, if she won't be fucking anyone then what was the point of this scenario even occurring in the game? The only reason I can see is to trigger your audience with a cheap plot device. So yeah, they either fucked up and are backtracking or it's just another example of awful writing.

If you would be on discord rather than over here where all the complainers claim their voice, you would have noticed that that scene
a) is not even complete and there is a huge part missing
b) was planned otherwise
c) was merged extremely short to release date and absolutely not as it should be done
This is already told by one of the Developers
Why should I be on a discord to voice my opinion on the game? That's what this forum is for.

So they didn't finish the game in time and included this scene incomplete and implemented in a terrible way. I guess you can change my criticism to that then :LUL:

KeiNineX

Aug 10, 2019
you have to read between the lines - there might be more than just words
There's nothing to read tho (imo) and I don't even care if there was tbh, I wanted to break up with her like 10 minutes into the game but we couldn't, Then you "have to" leave, she isn't very happy with the relationship (reading between the lines) and says time apart would be good for them, now would be a good time to break up, yes it would be sudden but I don't think it wouldn't make sense. Then after being apart for a week she suggests open relationship, this would be a perfect time to break up but again we can't you are either stuck with her or in an open relationship (which usually means that she's gonna fuck other people, I know that isn't the case now but MC doesn't and we didn't until the dev told us) and btw still stuck with her.

Oh and I know that there will probably be a break up path next update but this was a perfect opportunity for it.

Hyperserver

Donor
Jun 30, 2018
No, it means that people are more complex. I am a criminal law defense attorney. People for example in a domestic violence case will call the police on their spouse - then when they realize they don’t want their spouse to go to,jail for months or years, they panic and backtrack.

People break up, or file for a divorce, or make other relationship Decisions and then have regrets and try to backtrack.

The only reason I need to explain things is people freak out over things halfway thru a story - and probably I am not doing a good job because actually I’m hurting everyone’s enjoyment of the suspense by letting people know not to worry.

EXACTLY THIS!
By trying to explain the complainers, we spoil those who want to enjoy and be surprised.
Fortunately those who enjoy don't loiter around over here too much - they just enjoy....
Nonetheless i think everything has been told - no need to parrot the same stuff over and over again.
Those who want might be able to read through the thread - those who always want to complain, may complain - i have other stuff to do rather than spending the whole sunday just to explain stuff others really don't WANT to understand

So i am out (for now)

PS:
There's nothing to read tho (imo) and I don't even care if there was tbh, I wanted to break up with her like 10 minutes into the game but we couldn't, Then you "have to" leave, she isn't very happy with the relationship (reading between the lines) and says time apart would be good for them, now would be a good time to break up, yes it would be sudden but I don't think it wouldn't make sense. Then after being apart for a week she suggests open relationship, this would be a perfect time to break up but again we can't you are either stuck with her or in an open relationship (which usually means that she's gonna fuck other people, I know that isn't the case now but MC doesn't and we didn't until the dev told us) and btw still stuck with her.

Oh and I know that there will probably be a break up path next update but this was a perfect opportunity for it.
I meant "read between the lines what Jeff and i told over here" - NOT ingame, of course - the ingame stuff is well choosen and has it's sense

Reactions: Stylebender

LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018

I don't find anything about this situation suspenseful, I just want to have a not so spineless and clueless MC. I want to break up with a forced Li that I have zero interest in and have had zero interest in since the game started. Nicole and the MC's relationship is not a healthy one and I want out, it does not matter that she may or may not have a kink I am into in a future path I want nothing to do with her.

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
EXACTLY THIS!
By trying to explain the complainers, we spoil those who want to enjoy and be surprised.
Fortunately those who enjoy don't loiter around over here too much - they just enjoy....
Nonetheless i think everything is been told - no need to parrot the same stuff over and over again.
Those who want might be able to read through the thread - those who always want to complain, may complain - i have other stuff to do rather than spending the whole sunday just to explain stuff other really don't WANT to understand

So i am out (for now)

PS:

I meant "read between the lines what Jeff and i told over here" - NOT ingame, of course - the ingame stuff is well choosen and has it's sense
Like people above have said, the fact that you and one of the devs need to spend this much time trying to explain why something isn't actually bad just shows that it was poorly done in the first place. Also neither of you are remotely objective. One of you develops the game, and you are a huge fan of Mr Dots, mod their discord and have all three of their games listed as your favourite VN's. You are biased. The criticism of this game is completely warranted and should be taken on board if the devs actually want to improve their product.

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
I don't find anything about this situation suspenseful, I just want to have a not so spineless and clueless MC. I want to break up with a forced Li that I have zero interest in and have had zero interest in since the game started. Nicole and the MC's relationship is not a healthy one and I want out, it does not matter that she may or may not have a kink I am into in a future path I want nothing to do with her.
You will get your out in the next update, sorry you dont like the story so far but its not your story so either get over it or move on to something else that you will like, simple as that. I get where you are coming from but you are beating a dead horse rn and its annoying.

LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
You will get your out in the next update, sorry you dont like the story so far but its not your story so either get over it or move on to something else that you will like, simple as that. I get where you are coming from but you are beating a dead horse rn and its annoying.
That is the point of a forum to express one's opinion, if I am annoying you block me. It's as simple as that.

Stylebender

Jul 11, 2020
Like people above have said, the fact that you and one of the devs need to spend this much time trying to explain why something isn't actually bad just shows that it was poorly done in the first place. Also neither of you are remotely objective. One of you develops the game, and you are a huge fan of Mr Dots, mod their discord and have all three of their games listed as your favourite VN's. You are biased. The criticism of this game is completely warranted and should be taken on board if the devs actually want to improve their product.
Cry about it.

KeiNineX

Aug 10, 2019

EXACTLY THIS!
Nonetheless i think everything is been told - no need to parrot the same stuff over and over again.
Those who want might be able to read through the thread - those who always want to complain, may complain - i have other stuff to do rather than spending the whole sunday just to explain stuff other really don't WANT to understand

So i am out (for now)

PS:

I am gonna repeat myself but if there was a third "break up" option, this complaining midway through wouldn't have happened., because there would be a choice for everyone, if you like Nicole or not. And the fact that the "break up" option will probably be added next update makes this whole thing even more bizzare.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 270 Votes