Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
The thing is, people don't like it when the girlfriend of a main character gets to have sex without the main character being involved. So, yeah, you don't get anything.
In my opinion, as long as it was only lesbian sex people would have been happy. I myself love reading lesbian scenes, to be honest.

But what do I know. If there is anything I learned in this forum is that people can complain about absolutely anything.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Still wittering on. Doesn't fecking matter what she does or doesn't think/know...Hyper himself told us she will not cheat. So enough with your fourth wall bollox and she doesn't know what will happen in the future...WE DO!

So knowing this information..it throws the writing, plot and logic right out of the window. I get it's an adult game...some large parts of suspension of disbelief arre required...but it still needs to be based upon some sort of logic.

Done here though...pointless. Like arguing with 7 year olds as to why they can't have ice cream before dinner. Will be back once the update drops. We shall see if/how it improves.
Do you understand how fiction works? Just because we the audience knows something doesn't mean a character does. Like, in a slasher movie. We know the killer is in a room, but the character doesn't. Should that character make the right decision and not go in that room, thereby making a slasher movie where absolutely nobody dies? Or do they go into that room, satisfying the story and being a victim. Take Robocop. We the audience knows that Murphy is going to get murdered by Clarence and his gang. Murphy makes the decision to try and arrest them even though we know that was a stupid decision and he is about to die. Superman 2. The audience knows that General Zod and his team are on Earth but Superman doesn't and gives up his powers halfway through the movie. Playing to what the audience knows, Superman wouldn't have done that. Jaws. The audience knows the shark is close by but the characters don't. If they did they would stay out of the water. The Dark Knight. We the audience know what will happen to Harvey Dent, but he doesn't. Otherwise he wouldn't have got in that car to get kidnapped and set on fire.

Just because we know Nicole won't sleep with anyone, doesn't mean she and the MC know that. Her offering the open relationship makes sense for the character at the time she suggested it.

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
None of what you said offers absolutely any logical reason why she would offer it in the first place
Aside from the stressful nature of her job, faking orgasms (red flag), him losing his job (not his fault), her having to pay the mortgage, him leaving to help his sister (her insisting they should take a break from each other... red flag), there is also (and more importantly) the slutty sister's influence at the bar. Finally, there's the divorce case she takes on - which is what really leads her to the idea of wanting an open relationship. I say "wanting" because she's the one that wants it. She's not offering it for his benefit. First words out of her mouth during their last conversation: "I think we should see other people..." Dafuq? No "I miss you" or anything like that? No wonder people want to kick her to the kerb.

Anyway, question is, why did the dev's write the story like this originally? Did they have sharing planned? Was the cuckqueen idea legit? Whatever the reason, minds have obviously changed after the clusterfuck of a shit storm they received. So now the problem seems to be that they're sitting with a bunch of writing which was originally intended to lead to something different than what they have now decided upon. I can understand why people would accuse them of bad writing at this point, but in all fairness it would probably be unreasonable to expect them to rewrite half of the script to better suit the new narrative.

My best guess as to how this open relationship is now going to play out? Well... if what Hyper says is true (no cuckqueen, no messing around with others) then I can only conclude (based on the current script) that she will eventually see the error of her ways and end up at the bay somehow, becoming another potential LI for the MC (since at the moment she is really not, though they are in a long-term relationship). Who know? MC might even include her as a third party ;) wip_01_nicole_vic_bikini-01.jpeg

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

Hammerhiem

May 7, 2020
Anyway, question is, why did the dev's write the story like this originally? Did they have sharing planned? Was the cuckqueen idea legit? Whatever the reason, minds have obviously changed after the clusterfuck of a shit storm they received. So now the problem seems to be that they're sitting with a bunch of writing which was originally intended to lead to something different than what they have now decided upon. I can understand why people would accuse them of bad writing at this point, but in all fairness it would probably be unreasonable to expect them to rewrite half of the script to better suit the new narrative.
The Fuck up was not having a third option of telling her to fuck the fuck off and when she got there fuck off again.

That allows you a guilt free way for the MC to bang the rest of the girls and allow her to come back as an antagonist later in the story, or even come crying back to him trying to rebuild the relationship. There are a ton of ways to keep her in the game if you split up, especially if she ends up working for the other team. In fact from a tension point of view having her being the opposing lawyer makes way more sense than the disinterested ex-boss that we have currently.

Reading the events up to the point of the scene in question there is no logical way to expect her not to sleep with other people, she clearly the Dom in the relationship and treat the MC pretty badly, when he talks about a threesome she assumes he means another guy "Oh, you mean doing it with you and another guy?" , she listens to another woman say she wishes she had an open relationship so she could sleep around and then her sister tells her how attractive she is and other guys would fall over themselves to sleep with her.

It's my opinion they absolutely were going to go down the route of her sleeping with other people, and panicked over the response and the thought of those sweet sweet patreon $$ disappearing. Which again in my opinion is totally unfounded.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
No, the open relationship applied to both of them. Just because you can sleep with other people, it doesn't mean you have to. Perhaps the divorce case takes up so much of her time she just doesn't have the energy to go out and meet other people. Or, perhaps she does go out but doesn't meet anyone she wants to sleep with. Or, none of the guys she meets are interested in her. Or, she just didn't want to sleep with anyone. Too many people here jumped on the "Nicole will sleep around" bandwagon and their caveman brain didn't like that despite people from the dev team telling them that wouldn't be happening.
Not quite the same, but when my wife asked to open up the relationship, I waiting over a year and a half before actually seeing someone. Since I was already polyamorous, I figured it would be better for her to experience the positive side before being tasked to worrying about me.

Regarding Nicole, it really doesn't matter if she sees anyone else during the game. She stipulated a strict Don't Ask/Don't Tell agreement (something that actually raises all sorts of yellow and red flags in RL polyamory). If she does see someone, the MC will never be told about them (and we will not be shown).

Reactions: hrimthyrs

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Still wittering on. Doesn't fecking matter what she does or doesn't think/know...Hyper himself told us she will not cheat. So enough with your fourth wall bollox and she doesn't know what will happen in the future...WE DO!
Are you sure those were Hyper's exact words?
If you're in an open relationship with a strict DA/DT rule, it's almost impossible to cheat. I think the only cheating that could be done under their rules is to imply a serious relationship is possible or to ignore contraception protocols.

Reactions: hrimthyrs

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
Release the damn thing already so MrDots can work on fixing the latest disapointing update of DmD.

But I like finding hidden donuts so I might enjoy this update for an hour or 2.

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
Are you sure those were Hyper's exact words?
If you're in an open relationship with a strict DA/DT rule, it's almost impossible to cheat. I think the only cheating that could be done under their rules is to imply a serious relationship is possible or to ignore contraception protocols.
I'm actually starting to wonder what he has said.
The only recent statement is 'YOU can fuck as much as you want to with other women, while Nicole WILL NOT DO so.'
(this could be read as she will not fuck other woman)
There is also 'i still stick to what i said' when replying
so it is possible that he is confirming that he said 'Nicole would never take advantage of it'

If it is true that Nicole will do absolutely nothing with the open-relationship, adding a comment to the OP would remove most of the drama that is happening in this thread.

Regarding Nicole, it really doesn't matter if she sees anyone else during the game. She stipulated a strict Don't Ask/Don't Tell agreement (something that actually raises all sorts of yellow and red flags in RL polyamory). If she does see someone, the MC will never be told about them (and we will not be shown).
MC would not know, but the player is already seeing Nicole's life from her point of view.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Release the damn thing already so MrDots can work on fixing the latest disapointing update of DmD.

But I like finding hidden donuts so I might enjoy this update for an hour or 2.
always amazing to find a fan of DmD wishing for more updates.
that damn game should be finished a long time ago, as the dev has better things/games to do/develop.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
I'm actually starting to wonder what he has said.
The only recent statement is 'YOU can fuck as much as you want to with other women, while Nicole WILL NOT DO so.'
(this could be read as she will not fuck other woman)
There is also 'i still stick to what i said' when replying
so it is possible that he is confirming that he said 'Nicole would never take advantage of it'

If it is true that Nicole will do absolutely nothing with the open-relationship, adding a comment to the OP would remove most of the drama that is happening in this thread.

MC would not know, but the player is already seeing Nicole's life from her point of view.
LOL (sorry) :FacePalm:
You guys still try to read between the lines where you really shouldn't.

It's easy:
- Player can sleep with other women
- Nicole COULD sleep with other women and/or men, but she will NOT do that.
- open relationship is needed for further possible path which is not quiet obvious right now

and in general:
Characters can change and sometimes it's not what it looks like on the first sight.
Just for example -> no one is born with kinks - after couriosity, you might try out a certain kink and start to like it.
Such things also can happen in a game's story.
So (except the devs, and myself for small details) no one of us (NO one) is able to know what will happen. You might assume, but you also might be wrong.
Nevertheless the 3 points above (it's easy) are valid and legit!!!

Last edited:

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
Unless I did something wrong or the OP version has changed it is not the IC version. I ended up having to go to SubscribeStar to get it.

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Unless I did something wrong or the OP version has changed it is not the IC version. I ended up having to go to SubscribeStar to get it.
I was wondering about that myself. 3.0 did not have the Incest on/off slider in the Extras menu. However, there was no real need for it anyway.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
LOL (sorry) :FacePalm:
You guys still try to read between the lines where you really shouldn't.

It's easy:
- Player can sleep with other women
- Nicole COULD sleep with other women and/or men, but she will NOT do that.
- open relationship is needed for further possible path which is not quiet obvious right now

and in general:
Characters can change and sometimes it's not what it looks like on the first sight.
Just for example -> no one is born with kinks - after couriosity, you might try out a certain kink and start to like it.
Such things also can happen in a game's story.
So (except the devs, and myself for small details) no one of us (NO one) is able to know what will happen. You might assume, but you also might be wrong.
Nevertheless the 3 points above (it's easy) are valid and legit!!!
I hope those three lines preclude any semantic challenges. I couldn't help but comment when a poster claimed you said that Nichole wouldn't cheat during the open relationship. ;-)

TheFinder

Jun 10, 2018
Like others said, the version in the op right now is not the incest one like it used to be and there isn't any link to a patch, no idea why.

• Haha
Reactions: MadMac-88

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
always amazing to find a fan of DmD wishing for more updates.
that damn game should be finished a long time ago, as the dev has better things/games to do/develop.
If Patreon didn't ban DmD at the beginning, MrDots would have finished it already. He was just forced to make Melody and Sunshine because Subscribestar only brings a fraction of Patreon's money.

3.50 star(s) 270 Votes