jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Super weird because I went with Sarah also when I could not get a way of saying sister that would also work when her mom or boyfriend talk to her.....

Must be something to her "Sarah" ness

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
Super weird because I went with Sarah also when I could not get a way of saying sister that would also work when her mom or boyfriend talk to her.....

Must be something to her "Sarah" ness
Interesting but that means two for Sarah now but yeah would be funny Ashley calling her daughter Sister. :LOL:

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
The name "Sissy" would probably work in that situation.
I thought about that because Sissy Spacek made me realize it is a legit name.

But it still felt like a nickname for sister you might use when you are both 7yo (Sorry Ms. Spacek)

Reactions: pgm_01

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
If I'm reading everything right, I assume, Mr Dots geared his game into forcing a girl to have an open relationship or breakup. The intent, I assume, was to give the mc a golden ticket. He wanted the mc to get around and not gate people from other paths.

However... it came off in a way that she was an unforgivable cunt, as such he retconned it and made her want fidelity.

Quite ironic I suppose. Narrator was trying to give us a gift: the story was geared in a way where the mc could guiltlessly cheat, but because of how it was handled it was a gift no one wanted, and now cheating in game is illegal.

Ariostebaldo

Sep 17, 2020
If I'm reading everything right, I assume, Mr Dots geared his game into forcing a girl to have an open relationship or breakup. The intent, I assume, was to give the mc a golden ticket. He wanted the mc to get around and not gate people from other paths.

However... it came off in a way that she was an unforgivable cunt, as such he retconned it and made her want fidelity.

Quite ironic I suppose. Narrator was trying to give us a gift: the story was geared in a way where the mc could guiltlessly cheat, but because of how it was handled it was a gift no one wanted, and now cheating in game is illegal.
The MC and Nicole will be apart for most of the game and would hardly get much sexual intercourse, so I believe an open relationship with her is just a mean of making the main character an officially certified cuckold.
I know people will say that it's not cheating if the MC allow it, or that Nicole wouldn't even have other sex partners shown, but that's how I see it anyway...

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
The MC and Nicole will be apart for most of the game and would hardly get much sexual intercourse, so I believe an open relationship with her is just a mean of making the main character an officially certified cuckold.
I know people will say that it's not cheating if the MC allow it, or that Nicole wouldn't even have other sex partners shown, but that's how I see it anyway...
I think that's probably it from a character perspective. She as a character would do that so she could fuck others. But I assume the dev didn't intend to actually hook her up. She would get sidetracked or whatever. I don't think he's done voyeurism yet has he? If he made her a cuckqueen she could have definitely become a popular character though.

I think the intent was to somehow give the mc guiltless permission to cheat. I think that was his goal. He failed because a 5 year relationship facing that kind of ultimatum appeared to players as "either let me cuck you or break up with me." In real life it would feel shitty to go from a committed relationship and be in that kinda relationship, combined with the fact that she didn't really try to discuss it with the mc so I'd imagine most of us would drop her ass.

Reactions: Ariostebaldo

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
As I recall, the original options were "open relationship or monogamous." And it did not come across as an ultimatum. Enough players complained that they wanted to break up with her that the option for monogamy was replaced with "break up." Maybe not the best choice made by the devs but I expect they felt they had to offer the break up option. Which meant either 3 paths (and a lot more work, and complaints about how long updates would take or how much content was in an update for a player's chosen path) or drop the monogamy option. I'm not 100% sure of their thought process but read enough of what they wrote that this seems likely.

And do we really need to get into the "it's not cucking if it's an open relationship" discussion again? What is it about this that's difficult to understand? I'm amazed at the number of people happy to cheat on a female character, but who are not okay with an honest open relationship where both get to be with other people. Which is what you're actually getting here if you agree to the open relationship - the devs have been very clear that not only will there never be mention of her and anyone else, she literally will not do anything with anyone else while you get free reign. An MC that's happy with that is not invested enough in the relationship to give a damn what she wants and is as far from committed as can be.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
As I recall, the original options were "open relationship or monogamous." And it did not come across as an ultimatum. Enough players complained that they wanted to break up with her that the option for monogamy was replaced with "break up." Maybe not the best choice made by the devs but I expect they felt they had to offer the break up option. Which meant either 3 paths (and a lot more work, and complaints about how long updates would take or how much content was in an update for a player's chosen path) or drop the monogamy option. I'm not 100% sure of their thought process but read enough of what they wrote that this seems likely.
I see, so it felt like to players they'd either need to let her fuck others or be unable to fuck others.

And do we really need to get into the "it's not cucking if it's an open relationship" discussion again? What is it about this that's difficult to understand? I'm amazed at the number of people happy to cheat on a female character, but who are not okay with an honest open relationship where both get to be with other people. Which is what you're actually getting here if you agree to the open relationship
I don't really care about whether or not I'm considered a hypocrite. Feel free to judge me, I like to cheat in these games, just like I enjoy killing in grand theft auto. No, I don't do any of that in real life, so I fail to see the logic on why I shouldn't enjoy the fantasy in adult fiction.

the devs have been very clear that not only will there never be mention of her and anyone else, she literally will not do anything with anyone else while you get free reign. An MC that's happy with that is not invested enough in the relationship to give a damn what she wants and is as far from committed as can be.
Was everyone made aware of that? Or was it just something the dev posted here for those who read? Either way...

I don't see the relevance though. It's not the narrative that upset people, but rather the character herself. It doesn't matter if I am somehow given future knowledge she'd never do it. If I find out she's making an effort to sleep around, successful or not, I'd drop her ass.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Ariostebaldo

Sep 17, 2020
And do we really need to get into the "it's not cucking if it's an open relationship" discussion again? What is it about this that's difficult to understand? I'm amazed at the number of people happy to cheat on a female character, but who are not okay with an honest open relationship where both get to be with other people. Which is what you're actually getting here if you agree to the open relationship - the devs have been very clear that not only will there never be mention of her and anyone else, she literally will not do anything with anyone else while you get free reign. An MC that's happy with that is not invested enough in the relationship to give a damn what she wants and is as far from committed as can be.
If the MC is not invested enough or commited to the relationship as you said yourself, it's better for both to break up, ain't it?

Last edited:

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
When is the next release? Development cycle is so slow..
IIRC sometime in Feb and it's about every 9/10 weeks as it's 4/5 weeks for DMD then they work on SL for about 5 weeks then back to DMD for 4/5 weeks and back to SL for 5 weeks and so on, they also said they was taking a small break in Jan so we should have it by Feb.

Edit: Accidentally said 4/5 months the first time so changed it to weeks.

Last edited:

nytep

Aug 16, 2020
IIRC sometime in Feb and it's about every 9/10 weeks as it's 4/5 weeks for DMD then they work on SL for about 5 weeks then back to DMD for 4/5 weeks and back to SL for 5 weeks and so on, they also said they was taking a small break in Jan so we should have it by Feb.

Edit: Accidentally said 4/5 months the first time so changed it to weeks.
I thought DMD was complete for some reason.

3.50 star(s) 269 Votes