MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
The ending of DMD ch3 felt like a natural end to the game, I'm not too sure where they could take ch4. I guess we'll wait and see.
IIRC they said the next bit would be her modelling career in one of the posts about DMD Chapter 4 but I could be wrong.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I mean who even cares about her modeling career after how CH3 ended ? and iirc isn't she pregnant ?
d being model is canon by sl, how she achieves that will be revealed in ch4 (or maybe on that short update to ch3 which is supposed to be out this month). pregnancy isn't confirmed yet.

Reactions: Irgendwie Irgendwo

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
d being model is canon by sl, how she achieves that will be revealed in ch4 (or maybe on that short update to ch3 which is supposed to be out this month). pregnancy isn't confirmed yet.
Eh i'm pretty sure D said she is pregnant as they where in their new home...after she lost the contest.
About canon honestly i don't care...in Melody my canon ending was her being pregnant, didn't care about superstar there either.

Reactions: JedahDohma

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
I mean who even cares about her modeling career after how CH3 ended ? and iirc isn't she pregnant ?
Idk I'm just relaying the info tbh I've not played DMD since season 1 so I a lot of catching up to do, but that is how they want to tell the rest of the DMD story.

AbrahamFroman

Jun 8, 2018
If I'm reading everything right, I assume, Mr Dots geared his game into forcing a girl to have an open relationship or breakup. The intent, I assume, was to give the mc a golden ticket. He wanted the mc to get around and not gate people from other paths.

However... it came off in a way that she was an unforgivable cunt, as such he retconned it and made her want fidelity.

Quite ironic I suppose. Narrator was trying to give us a gift: the story was geared in a way where the mc could guiltlessly cheat, but because of how it was handled it was a gift no one wanted, and now cheating in game is illegal.
A whole new world of possibilities would open up if the MC could convince Nichole to visit Sunshine Bay. Nichole and the sister would prolly become "good" friends. They both already love the MC, so there is no down side.

It would make more sense than breaking off a multiple year romance and it makes me wonder why she was introduced in the first place.

Just my two cents. I really like this game so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ursus4321

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
No DMD Season 3 is complete but they are moving to DMD Season 4 after the Feb release of SL v0.05
Yawn. DMD should have ended a long time ago. It is fun, I guess, but it has gotten so boring lately. And really, can any of us here think of a LI that is more empty with less personality than D? I certainly can't. As far as I can tell she has no interests except modeling, no hobbies, no goals other than to model so she can support herself with the MC, no conflict, and no original thoughts. I guess it is hard to give up on the Patreon financing, which I totally understand as a major factor for the development team. You've got to keep the lights on.

Sunshine Love actually has much better written characters, so I applaud Mr. Dots team for this. I really think the writing is much improved. It would be better for the fans if they would focus on SL, rather than work on 2 games at once, but I get the reason for it. At the moment, SL is more story focused then their other games, so I hope they keep it up, and even improve upon it.

I just hope that SL doesn't fall in to the same trap as DMD and Melody, where once you become fully romantically involved with the main LI, the story becomes repetitive and pointless. I hope the writing team has some plans to keep the story moving forward other than just changing up the positions each night. I think the story of a hotel on an island has a lot to work with to keep things interesting, especially with new guests showing up all the time. I think SL has a lot of potential.

Ariostebaldo

Sep 17, 2020
I just hope that SL doesn't fall in to the same trap as DMD and Melody, where once you become fully romantically involved with the main LI, the story becomes repetitive and pointless. I hope the writing team has some plans to keep the story moving forward other than just changing up the positions each night. I think the story of a hotel on an island has a lot to work with to keep things interesting, especially with new guests showing up all the time. I think SL has a lot of potential.
I actually, rather the game to have plenty sex scenes with the main LI, than the game ending shortly after the MC are romantically involved with the girl.
On "Melody", for instance, there's much content to the plot with they ex s trying ruin Melody career, even after Melody and the MC are together.

Reactions: D3ssel

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I actually, rather the game to have plenty sex scenes with the main LI, than the game ending shortly after the MC are romantically involved with the girl.
On "Melody", for instance, there's much content to the plot with they ex s trying ruin Melody career, even after Melody and the MC are together.
I agree with you. If the story remains fresh, keep it going. SL has a lot of options I think compared to the previous games. More characters for one. And the hotel lends itself to lots of interesting future characters as well, both residents of the island, and tourists arriving for a short visit. I can think of lots of interesting story lines with visiting tourists to the hotel.

Raminita

Only in madness, do you find beautiful death
GFX Designer
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
1611565212294.png

Unlocked

Hello to all my supporters!
After having some much-needed time off over Christmas and throughout January, we’re now very well-rested and looking forward to a HUGE 2021!
Before we get into the details about our plans for the next part of Sunshine Love, we just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone for your feedback and support for the past four and a bit years, but especially last year.
It was a very difficult time for everyone. My team and I persevered, however, and our only focus was making sure we delivered on our promises to keep putting updates out and working as hard as we possibly could.
And now that we’re in a new year, there’s no reason why that kind of thinking should change.
We make these games for you guys as much as we do ourselves, and we hope that they have been enjoyable enough to help get you through the more difficult times of last year. We’ll keep making these kinds of games as long as you want us to.
About Sunshine Love v.0.0.5
After having some time off, we’ve used the past few weeks to map out scenes for the next update of Sunshine Love (and some of the next update after that one as well.).
With such a big array of characters in this, our third story, we are looking to balance out screen time fairly, but also base the allotted time on fan reaction to these potential love interests as well.
Some are more favored than others, therefore, they’ll have more screen time and that will become more obvious when we get further into the game. But don’t worry, you (the MC) will have opportunities/scenes with all the main girls in the game - some more than others.
We’re aiming for SL v.0.0.5 to be released by the end of February, but we’ll confirm an actual release date in the next week or so.
A scene that we didn’t have time to add to SL v.0.0.4 was one “Shortcake” that will be included in the next release.
The scene will be on the morning of the wedding, where you go to visit her in the reception area. The only other thing we’ll say about this scene is that it’s a good chance to pick up some extra “Shortcake” points if she is one of the characters that you are interested in having more of a relationship with.
As a special thank you to all of our supporters here on our Patreon page, we have created a special render that features characters from Sunshine Love and also our second VN, “Melody”.
This image will also be featured in the game as a tablet wallpaper.
Download Sunshine Love wallpaper:
Thank you to every single one of you for signing up and helping to fund the creation of our games.
So that’s it for now guys. As per normal, we’ll have a new preview for you each and every week, leading up to the release of SL v.0.0.5.
As always, if you have any questions, problems, issues, or suggestions, send me a PM or you can ask one of my team - HearszAM, Jeff Steel or NabegoPewu - on the fan discord:
Or you can ask any of the moderators there if you have any questions/concerns.
We sincerely hope you've all had a good start to 2021, let's hope it's a much better year than 2020.
I’ll be in contact with you all again very soon!
MrDots

Last edited:

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
I agree with you. If the story remains fresh, keep it going. SL has a lot of options I think compared to the previous games. More characters for one. And the hotel lends itself to lots of interesting future characters as well, both residents of the island, and tourists arriving for a short visit. I can think of lots of interesting story lines with visiting tourists to the hotel.
Like Koko from DMD?

acurna

Apr 13, 2020
View attachment 1003179

Unlocked

Hello to all my supporters!
After having some much-needed time off over Christmas and throughout January, we’re now very well-rested and looking forward to a HUGE 2021!
Before we get into the details about our plans for the next part of Sunshine Love, we just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone for your feedback and support for the past four and a bit years, but especially last year.
It was a very difficult time for everyone. My team and I persevered, however, and our only focus was making sure we delivered on our promises to keep putting updates out and working as hard as we possibly could.
And now that we’re in a new year, there’s no reason why that kind of thinking should change.
We make these games for you guys as much as we do ourselves, and we hope that they have been enjoyable enough to help get you through the more difficult times of last year. We’ll keep making these kinds of games as long as you want us to.
About Sunshine Love v.0.0.5
After having some time off, we’ve used the past few weeks to map out scenes for the next update of Sunshine Love (and some of the next update after that one as well.).
With such a big array of characters in this, our third story, we are looking to balance out screen time fairly, but also base the allotted time on fan reaction to these potential love interests as well.
Some are more favored than others, therefore, they’ll have more screen time and that will become more obvious when we get further into the game. But don’t worry, you (the MC) will have opportunities/scenes with all the main girls in the game - some more than others.
We’re aiming for SL v.0.0.5 to be released by the end of February, but we’ll confirm an actual release date in the next week or so.
A scene that we didn’t have time to add to SL v.0.0.4 was one “Shortcake” that will be included in the next release.
The scene will be on the morning of the wedding, where you go to visit her in the reception area. The only other thing we’ll say about this scene is that it’s a good chance to pick up some extra “Shortcake” points if she is one of the characters that you are interested in having more of a relationship with.
As a special thank you to all of our supporters here on our Patreon page, we have created a special render that features characters from Sunshine Love and also our second VN, “Melody”.
This image will also be featured in the game as a tablet wallpaper.
Download Sunshine Love wallpaper:
Thank you to every single one of you for signing up and helping to fund the creation of our games.
So that’s it for now guys. As per normal, we’ll have a new preview for you each and every week, leading up to the release of SL v.0.0.5.
As always, if you have any questions, problems, issues, or suggestions, send me a PM or you can ask one of my team - HearszAM, Jeff Steel or NabegoPewu - on the fan discord:
Or you can ask any of the moderators there if you have any questions/concerns.
We sincerely hope you've all had a good start to 2021, let's hope it's a much better year than 2020.
I’ll be in contact with you all again very soon!
MrDots
looking forward to it

3.50 star(s) 269 Votes