MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
Yawn. DMD should have ended a long time ago. It is fun, I guess, but it has gotten so boring lately. And really, can any of us here think of a LI that is more empty with less personality than D? I certainly can't. As far as I can tell she has no interests except modeling, no hobbies, no goals other than to model so she can support herself with the MC, no conflict, and no original thoughts. I guess it is hard to give up on the Patreon financing, which I totally understand as a major factor for the development team. You've got to keep the lights on.

Sunshine Love actually has much better written characters, so I applaud Mr. Dots team for this. I really think the writing is much improved. It would be better for the fans if they would focus on SL, rather than work on 2 games at once, but I get the reason for it. At the moment, SL is more story focused then their other games, so I hope they keep it up, and even improve upon it.

I just hope that SL doesn't fall in to the same trap as DMD and Melody, where once you become fully romantically involved with the main LI, the story becomes repetitive and pointless. I hope the writing team has some plans to keep the story moving forward other than just changing up the positions each night. I think the story of a hotel on an island has a lot to work with to keep things interesting, especially with new guests showing up all the time. I think SL has a lot of potential.
Yeah, I played some of DMD Season 1 but haven't finished it yet but from what I've seen it kinda seams it should have finished at season one but yeah SL is more better story wise and other character wise plus Melody also was better than DMD for me.

Yeah hopefully it does not fall into that trap but we will see I can't wait for Gascoigne to find out the MC is working for the hotel.

Edit: A mistake I made on the last line about the sister's bf.

Last edited:

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
Kinda wondering how hard they'll lean into it. Will he be the big bad like movie Danny with a scary rep armed to the teeth with knives? He is a chef after all. They can be quite handy with a blade.

Or will he be a big pussy cat like real life Danny?
Or Danny like the character he portrays in The Flash!!

Reactions: pgm_01

rahvin

Jun 1, 2017
Were the results of the character popularity poll copied to the forum? (can't seem to find them if yes) If somebody could copy or point me to them that would be great - am curious about both the relative ranking, and which girl will get more screen time in 0.0.5. Thanks!
These were the results from their poll in June after the second update

Shortcake - 636 votes
Sis - 585 votes
Twins - 287
Kristina - 246 votes
Ashley - 244 votes
Yuki - 203 votes
Victoria - 174 votes
Jazmin - 70 votes
Trisha - 58 votes

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017

Shortcake - 636 votes
Sis - 585 votes
Twins - 287
Kristina - 246 votes
Ashley - 244 votes
Yuki - 203 votes
Victoria - 174 votes
Jazmin - 70 votes
Trisha - 58 votes
Kristina being so high is surprising, I guess it's more for her model as opposed to her character

Reactions: Ariostebaldo

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017

Shortcake - 636 votes
Sis - 585 votes
Twins - 287
Kristina - 246 votes
Ashley - 244 votes
Yuki - 203 votes
Victoria - 174 votes
Jazmin - 70 votes
Trisha - 58 votes
Poor Yuki :( As least she is not last. Also can anyone tell me who Shortcake is?

Reactions: drpavelcia

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020

Shortcake - 636 votes
Sis - 585 votes
Twins - 287
Kristina - 246 votes
Ashley - 244 votes
Yuki - 203 votes
Victoria - 174 votes
Jazmin - 70 votes
Trisha - 58 votes
I don't get Kristina being so far. Must be a lot of DMD fans as in game found her a bit boring.
Shortcake is a bit young for my tastes.

So for me, keen to see more of Sis, Ashley and Twins.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

Shortcake - 636 votes
Sis - 585 votes
Twins - 287
Kristina - 246 votes
Ashley - 244 votes
Yuki - 203 votes
Victoria - 174 votes
Jazmin - 70 votes
Trisha - 58 votes
Shortcake first?

I can still have hope in humanity!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Somnus and NukaCola

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
Oh thanks. I totally forgot I rename sister cousin to Anna :ROFLMAO:. She is the one like to surf right?
Well, in that case Yuki is my 1st and Shortcake is 2nd. The rest don't matter which order
Yes Shortcake or 'Other name here' is the one who likes to surf.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Poor Yuki :( As least she is not last. Also can anyone tell me who Shortcake is?
Yeah I agree, she's been done dirty in that poll but it was done last summer which was probably before she got any screen time beyond the initial meet and great. I'm curious what the poll would be like too.

Shortcake is the surfboarder. She's cute if a bit timid. She'll need a lot of work to get her out her shell.

Given the poll was done last summer I'm curious where Nicole would have ranked had she been in it. Given a few on here seemed to rate her highly.

Reactions: eredar321

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Kristina being so high is surprising, I guess it's more for her model as opposed to her character
I like Kristina's character. We haven't seen much of her yet but I like what we've got so far. That she also happens to be, in my estimation, one of the hottest girls in the game (way hotter, imo, than the original on which she's clearly based*) makes her my second favourite character after Shortcake.

* Not even a DMD fan, either. I played it for a bit, after I had already played Sunshine Love, but didn't finish part one. I had no idea Kristina was so similar when I first met her.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
I like Kristina's character. We haven't seen much of her yet but I like what we've got so far. That she also happens to be, in my estimation, one of the hottest girls in the game (way hotter, imo, than the original on which she's clearly based*) makes her my second favourite character after Shortcake.

* Not even a DMD fan, either. I played it for a bit, after I had already played Sunshine Love, but didn't finish part one. I had no idea Kristina was so similar when I first met her.
I'm not being critical of her, I get her attraction as a character and as of 0.4 and the wedding, she's got potential. I meant that, at the time the poll was taken in June, the only scene she was in as far as I can recall would have been the intro scene at the church. So he being rated so high suggests it was less for her as a character and more the model used. I suspect if the poll would be done again her and Yuki would probably be higher given they have been fleshed out while the twins haven't had the same level of screen time with the MC.

Reactions: quorkboy
3.50 star(s) 269 Votes