HonoredEx

May 2, 2017
Since her mom has a history of taking off, Sis taking off kind of makes sense. Kids are more like their parents than they care to admit. Connie isn't a paying customer. They offered her a place to stay, she wasn't a customer. He isn't used to women talking about their fantasies so openly. Nicole was his only real girlfriend and she didn't talk so openly about what she liked, or if she even had any. Its all new to him. I share your dismay at the lack of twin action.
Connie asks why about why isnt being led to one of the hotel rooms,even if mc didnt want her to pay, he could have just let her stay in one of the rooms, he is co-owner, left incharge when sis isnt around...the entire 'I dont know how sis will react to letting you stay in hotel' rooms is weird.

She can take off but be responsible, you have business to run, a business which we are told time and time again is very competitive here, if she had taken a few hours that would have been enough but days???

And even Mc isnt used to women talking openly can he atleast not (sigh) and stutter like some kid, This dude was in a competitive-high-stress job, improvising and banter should be normal for him.
Have some ability to speak, its all the women leading him around like a lost puppy honestly.

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Honestly I've already had issues with this game due to the lying and manipulative sister but this open relationship crap may be the final straw. This is particularly infuriating as we accept without a choice when it is proposed and it kills any interest in going forward for me. What's next? Forced sharing in Dating My Daughter...

gropax

Dec 24, 2017
Hey guys, anyone else having problems with the screen going black for a moment before starting animations? The animations do play with no problem, it's just that there's a black flash before every animation. Do I need a blazing SSD for it to work properly? I tried it on both an HDD and an SSD (both SATA).

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
The "mom"(and i'm usually not a milf guy) and the sister are some of hottest girls i've ever seen in VNs.
The other girls are pretty cool too.

The weak spot in my opinion is the MC, the game wants you to play "super duper nice guy" and that gets boring.
I've had enough of his inner thoughts of "i shouldn't be thinking/doing this" when i (and i assume 99,9% of players) just want him to get on with it.
He's too passive just waiting for the girls to make a move, hopefully he can start making his own moves pretty soon, because right now he is a horrible proxy for the player imo.

Last edited:

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Connie asks why about why isnt being led to one of the hotel rooms,even if mc didnt want her to pay, he could have just let her stay in one of the rooms, he is co-owner, left incharge when sis isnt around...the entire 'I dont know how sis will react to letting you stay in hotel' rooms is weird.
It is answered in the dialogue. Since Sis wasn't around he wasn't sure if the rooms had been cleaned. Rather than give her a dirty used room, he offered his bedroom.

She can take off but be responsible, you have business to run, a business which we are told time and time again is very competitive here, if she had taken a few hours that would have been enough but days???
Yep, she flaked out badly and I'm not defending her. Ashley flaked out so badly that she dumped a failing hotel on her daughter and took off for a few weeks. Flaking out runs in her family.

And even Mc isnt used to women talking openly can he atleast not (sigh) and stutter like some kid, This dude was in a competitive-high-stress job, improvising and banter should be normal for him.
Have some ability to speak, its all the women leading him around like a lost puppy honestly.
I'm not saying you are wrong. He was shell shocked by women speaking so openly. He isn't used to it and didn't know how to respond.

Reactions: secrettunel6969

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This is a fantasy .. nice guys never get any gurl .. gurls use them, abuse their good nature and kick them away in some dream land they never wanna hear/see/know about till the next time they need a good guy to vampire emotional strength from.
Hmm well there was some progress but kinda feeling iffy about the story elements, the entire 'She disappeared' thing..
girl you have a business to handle, atleast take your phone for important stuff..
Or the 'I will let connie stay in my room idk how sister will react if she knew I let connie stay in one of the hotel rooms'
What do you mean how she will react? its a hotel, she is a paying customer, let her stay in one of the many rooms, you dont need to 'be friends' with customers before letting them stay..
And is just me? I rather not have these "dream-sex-sequences" at all (atleast from mc side) vs having them in the story to fulfil some quota or something,
Also one of the twins + jaz tell the mc about fetishes etc and this dude who is an adult, has been in a long term relationship, isnt a recent 18yr less-confident-virgin guy... has nothing good to say, he even 'sighs' as a reponse.. like WHY..
Can we ignore the 'sister' and focus on Ashley or some other girl.... (wishful thinking)
Rip twins, the collective 'twin' vibe in the start was completely changed.
Since her mom has a history of taking off, Sis taking off kind of makes sense. Kids are more like their parents than they care to admit. Connie isn't a paying customer. They offered her a place to stay, she wasn't a customer. He isn't used to women talking about their fantasies so openly. Nicole was his only real girlfriend and she didn't talk so openly about what she liked, or if she even had any. Its all new to him. I share your dismay at the lack of twin action.

Honestly I've already had issues with this game due to the lying and manipulative sister but this open relationship crap may be the final straw. This is particularly infuriating as we accept without a choice when it is proposed and it kills any interest in going forward for me. What's next? Forced sharing in Dating My Daughter...
The "mom"(and i'm usually not a milf guy) and the sister are some of hottest girls i've ever seen in VNs.

The weak spotin my opinion is the MC, the game wants you to play "super duper nice guy" and that gets boring.
I've had enough of his inner thoughts of "i shouldn't be thinking/doing this" when i (and i assume 99,9% of players) just want him to get on with it.
He's too passive just waiting for the girls to make a move, hopefully he can start making his own moves pretty soon, because right now he is a horrible proxy for the player imo.
The game is about so many wrong choices in the life of MC ... we are here along 4 the ride.
Best we can do is get our bearings on what course of action we like to push MC towards
and then choose appropriately wheever the chance comes in the game.

Precisely like a demon posession, we can only hint, jest, encourage but never sway or
determine the fate MC will conjure every time we game.

The way this goes, whenever gurls feel confortable, they take off, they need action,
they need insecurity, they need pain to feel alive.

MC be so sweet and savior like, good riddance the toxic gurls abbandon ship.

• Angry
Reactions: Cernunnos.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Not really, all my mod did was bypass some dialogue. It was some simple IF statements and none of the games variables are altered. Saves shouldn't be affected in any way. Even if you use the mod to skip the scene, the game still believes it happened. I personally am fine with MC kissing Shortcake. I just made the mod because some people didn't want it, and it was easy to mod so they don't see it happening. You are right though, the game will need modded in future versions, which I will not be doing. It was a quick mod for the users here who didn't want it in this update. Sorry to those folks but clearly MrDots is setting up a love triangle and I'm all for it with Sis and Shortcake.
I hope you're right. I won't be installing it because I'm all about Shortcake. But for those who want it ...

Most walkthrough mods only add something to existing lines. I'm wary of anything that adds or removes lines, because I've had weird save behaviour by doing that in other games - like saves would load at a point other than where I saved. Not off by much, usually just a few frames, but definitely not the moment at which I saved. And one change I tried to make meant some old saves did not load at all. None of these changed any variables.

I don't know for sure why that should be the case. I understand coding but not the Ren'Py environment. My guess is that the saves referred to a line number rather than the content of that line. That at least would explain the saves which loaded at a slightly different point in the game.

So now I'm extra cautious about mods. If I play with one I make an agreement with myself to always wait for a mod update when a game updates, or be prepared to restart without the mod.

From what you said you changed, probably the worst that will happen is saves in that part of the game might be off by a few frames. My warning was perhaps a little over the top.

Reactions: Cernunnos.

raj100

Feb 25, 2019
Agree with some of the above posts. Typical of other Mr Dot games the points system is terrible. Like gain love points for picking the correct screwdiver. Anything but being a beta soy boy you lose points. Endless droning on with no advancement to the story... and I would never thought it possible to pack that many dream sequences into a .05 version game.

MOZ.

Engaged Member
Jul 27, 2018
Agree with some of the above posts. Typical of other Mr Dot games the points system is terrible. Like gain love points for picking the correct screwdiver. Anything but being a beta soy boy you lose points. Endless droning on with no advancement to the story... and I would never thought it possible to pack that many dream sequences into a .05 version game.

I love this game, but in all honesty, I have to admit that at times the story and characters are annoying, incomprehensible choices, there are many competing games with really well written stories, I believe that DEVs should sometimes play other people's games to get more ideas :love: :LOL:

for example "Once in a Lifetime" has a great narrative, everyone should take an example ;)

Reactions: JonasSnr

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Ideas shold not be just taken out of context and dropped into some stories.
It is answered in the dialogue. Since Sis wasn't around he wasn't sure if the rooms had been cleaned. Rather than give her a dirty used room, he offered his bedroom.

Yep, she flaked out badly and I'm not defending her. Ashley flaked out so badly that she dumped a failing hotel on her daughter and took off for a few weeks. Flaking out runs in her family.

I'm not saying you are wrong. He was shell shocked by women speaking so openly. He isn't used to it and didn't know how to respond.
I love this game, but in all honesty, I have to admit that at times the story and characters are annoying, incomprehensible choices, there are many competing games with really well written stories, I believe that DEVs should sometimes play other people's games to get more ideas :love: :LOL:

for example "Once in a Lifetime" has a great narrative, everyone should take an example ;)
The dream sequences are a trope so common in recent games, one game has
all the fun bits in dreams, some other games around here have MC just dreaming his way
into some gurls action then being bad when they really meet and have to greet them 4 real.

Games will be sidetracked by dreams, because in this story, the reality of having
it all trumps all possible dreams ... why would MC keep fantasizing about some broad,
when he has a wonderful sweet, affectionate bombshell that shares his work and wonders
every day is baffling form the start of this game.

Then he got on the island and his evey fantasy came through .. why dream at all?

HonoredEx

May 2, 2017

At first it was about 'cleaning' but then the more heavy-more important reason gets thrown, specifically this.
Screenshot (11758).png
Like 'Bruh'

Yeah ofcourse not about defending her or attacking her, just weird story choices, and super passive-mc, Sis leaves the room after kissing you and what you do...? Just stay there.... like dude go after her, atleast give a player choice to go/remain, nopes.
Kept ignoring shortcake entire game, now 'kiss'her, just implement a points check and reject her or some other way to transition away from it.

The weak spotin my opinion is the MC, the game wants you to play "super duper nice guy" and that gets boring.
Agree with most of this,While i dont mind his inner monologue, its always the same and its getting very similar after the same-type of monologue appears in all 3 games..
He is a lost puppy and the girls just lead him around, its 0.5v, presumably half of the game and not once has mc taken some agency himself...
The girls mostly self-invite themselves on dates and he just agrees to it,

Enfrize

May 9, 2018
So when will we have some actual, REAL fun with Ashley and not wet dreams/teases? It's 0.5 already for Christ's sake!

Reactions: LSC82

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017

I know. I love the game, but some of the MC's dialog is embarrassing. It's almost like it's being written by middle-schoolers or for middle-:ROFLMAO:schoolers, which maybe it is!!! :LOL: Which, I don't know!! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: HonoredEx

doyathink

Nov 3, 2019
So I've been playing the android version on my tablet and the patch doesn't work for android. Any one know when the subscribestar version will be uploaded here?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Them babes like to attract suitors through their syren songs, then dump their troubles on them.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I know. I love the game, but some of the MC's dialog is embarrassing. It's almost like it's being written by middle-schoolers or for middle-:ROFLMAO:schoolers, which maybe it is!!! :LOL: Which, I don't know!! :ROFLMAO:
The Mc is flustered by his excellent expertease that lands him so many gold doiggers,
but them bombshells just like to have fun and leave for any other fun the 1st chance they get.

HonoredEx

May 2, 2017
Honestly yes, the handholding, the way the people talk and the story choices are getting annoying..
it would be different if this was first game and new to this stuff, but this is 3rd. you are considered veterans now... act like them.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Agree with most of this,While i dont mind his inner monologue, its always the same and its getting very similar after the same-type of monologue appears in all 3 games..
He is a lost puppy and the girls just lead him around, its 0.5v, presumably half of the game and not once has mc taken some agency himself...
The girls mostly self-invite themselves on dates and he just agrees to it,
Yeah, it doesn't help that it's the same structure as the 2 previous games.
I do think this MC is the worst most passive one... the others had some reservations about fucking their "protegés", but they were still mostly in control, this one is just along for the ride.

I don't think this game will end in v10 however, going by the Hotel star rating and the fact we are week in 3 of a 3 month proposed stay... i think he wants to make this last...
Which scares me of how much more "i shouldn't be doing this with my sis/dad's ex" i'll have to listen... you don't mind, but i'm at capacity.

Reactions: EZ8lt

chainarmor

Sep 22, 2018
Want end DMD, that dev can spend more time on Sunshine love, this game more lovely, better characters, better image and OMG i love colorfulness, sooooooo goooood and i want more music, i don't know where you find it but so good, i have many compositions from the game in my car and thanks to this i'm hyperactive 24/7 no matter i have my job or my spare time, every sec i feel hot summer and spring of youth. I am fully pirate and don't pay a cent for the game but i want to believe partly that this joyness and happines is your true target from making VN. Thanks from your eternal admirer!!!!!

3.50 star(s) 269 Votes