SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
Really?? It was about damn time. I stopped playing DMD since almost a year. It became boring AF. Forgive my laziness, but mind sharing the post where it's said next update of DMD will be the last please?
I think they're saying that they're hoping this next DMD release will be the last one. Not saying Mr.Dots said that it will be the last one.

Reactions: Kakato

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
I think they're saying that they're hoping this next DMD release will be the last one. Not saying Mr.Dots said that it will be the last one.
Ok... Put like that, it sounds totally different from what Kame-sennin wrote a few posts above.

When you read " I don't mind as long as the next release of DMD will be the last . ", it seems categorical/definite, as if the Dev himself said it. Anyway, Thanks for clearing that.

Reactions: SteveyP

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
Ok... Put like that, it sounds totally different from what Kame-sennin wrote a few posts above.

When you read " I don't mind as long as the next release of DMD will be the last . ", it seems categorical/definite, as if the Dev himself said it. Anyway, Thanks for clearing that.
That's what I read it as too, but I looked up some postings on Mr.Dots site (not a Patreon so can't verify from there) and couldn't find anything about it being the final release. So I just assumed that that's what the OP meant. Feel free to verify for yourself, as I could be wrong as well.

KanyeT

Mar 15, 2020
When you read " I don't mind as long as the next release of DMD will be the last . ", it seems categorical/definite, as if the Dev himself said it.
Nah, it's the opposite mate.

"I will x as long as you y" provides the assumption that y will potentially occur in the future, and if it does, then x becomes true. It in no way asserts that y is a definite occurrence.

To make the assertion definite, use the word since instead. "I don't mind since the next update of DMD will be the last." sounds like what you're looking for, no? Using the previous example "I will x since you will y" states that because y will occur in the future, then x will also occur. This statement asserts that that y is a definite outcome.

KanyeT

Mar 15, 2020
View attachment 1446907

View attachment 1446908
Double or Nothing
Good morning/afternoon/evening to everyone!
As you can see from today’s preview, something momentous could potentially take place with one of the twins in this next update, as long as you’re on one of the twins’ paths.
But which twin will this happen with, Ivy or Lily? Or could something possibly take place with both of them, but on their separate paths?
Are you able to tell which twin is featuring in today’s preview? Are there any obvious clues?
And what do you think that “she” or “they” have planned for you in this upcoming, brand-new scene?
All will be revealed very soon!
About v0.0.8 Release Date

We’ve unfortunately had to make the tough decision to delay the new update by a week. For those of you who have followed us since I began creating VN’s, it’s very rare for us to do this (we’ve only delayed an update around four times in five years), but we feel that this time it’s definitely warranted.
There are a few reasons that the team and I have chosen to do this, one of them being is that this will be our last update for Sunshine Love for the year, and we want to pack in as much content as possible.
Another reason for the delay is that we simply haven’t left ourselves enough time to complete the animations and bonus images for the two galleries.
HearszAM and will be using this extra week to also extend some of the existing scenes and to also add in more content, choices, images etc.
We also don’t see any point in putting out the update next weekend, especially when it’s not what we intended it to be.
We want it done right and to not leave any of you short-changed with a half-baked release.
I hope you can understand our reasons for this decision and that you will be okay with hanging one for one more week.
So Version 8 will NOW be released on Saturday, October 23rd.
Again, our sincerest apologies for the delay, and I thank you for your support over the past five years.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone,
I’ll be in touch again very soon.
Mrdots
Both twins? Have the rules changed or is he just teasing us?

It's a shame it's delayed, but I'd rather have a complete product later than a rushed product now. Take your time man, don't worry about us. A one-week delay is nothing to worry about.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Nah, it's the opposite mate.

"I will x as long as you y" provides the assumption that y will potentially occur in the future, and if it does, then x becomes true. It in no way asserts that y is a definite occurrence.

To make the assertion definite, use the word since instead. "I don't mind since the next update of DMD will be the last." sounds like what you're looking for, no? Using the previous example "I will x since you will y" states that because y will occur in the future, then x will also occur. This statement asserts that that y is a definite outcome.
Man, by dy/dx, I'm having a headache now. LOL.

Thx for the explanation though ;)

Mar 15, 2021
Both twins? Have the rules changed or is he just teasing us?

It's a shame it's delayed, but I'd rather have a complete product later than a rushed product now. Take your time man, don't worry about us. A one-week delay is nothing to worry about.
Last update of the year on October? I really hate how Dating My Daughter ruins Sunshine Love that game sucks and Sunshine Love has to be delayed because of it. I really hope in this update we see what we should have seen a long time ago with some characters , it has to be awesome because we`ll probably have to wait until march again.

Xabder

Feb 10, 2021
Last update of the year on October? I really hate how Dating My Daughter ruins Sunshine Love that game sucks and Sunshine Love has to be delayed because of it. I really hope in this update we see what we should have seen a long time ago with some characters , it has to be awesome because we`ll probably have to wait until march again.
we dont have to wait that long because the next dmd update is gonna be the last one afaik

KanyeT

Mar 15, 2020
I haven't/don't play DMD, so I agree it sucks that we have to wait so long between updates for Sunshine Love.

It is what it is though. I hope this next update is banging too.

Reactions: VOYEUR
3.50 star(s) 269 Votes