anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
UPDATED: Added patch for v.2.1 extra (start Chapter 2)
Can you please write patches that do NOT break Ren'Py's behavior ?

You aren't alone in the world, and it's not like Mr.Dots is a totally unknown author that you'll be the only one to mod/patch. I wonder to which extend the walkthrough mod do not duplicate the original code just because you messed with the config.label_overrides dict.

Your "LabelOverridesSwitch" should have inherited from the expected dict class, instead of trying to mimic it as seen from far away.
Code:
        class LabelOverridesSwitch(__builtins__["dict"]):
            def __init__(self, passthru):
                super( LabelOverridesSwitch, self ).__init__( passthru )
                self.ipatch = set()
            def get(self, key, default=None):
                return key + "_i" if persistent.v_ipatch_enabled and key in self.ipatch else super( LabelOverridesSwitch, self ).get( key, default )
It works exactly like your actual class, except that it don't mess anymore with the rest of the world.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Can you please write patches that do NOT break Ren'Py's behavior ?

You aren't alone in the world, and it's not like Mr.Dots is a totally unknown author that you'll be the only one to mod/patch. I wonder to which extend the walkthrough mod do not duplicate the original code just because you messed with the config.label_overrides dict.

Your "LabelOverridesSwitch" should have inherited from the expected dict class, instead of trying to mimic it as seen from far away.
Code:
        class LabelOverridesSwitch(__builtins__["dict"]):
            def __init__(self, passthru):
                super( LabelOverridesSwitch, self ).__init__( passthru )
                self.ipatch = set()
            def get(self, key, default=None):
                return key + "_i" if persistent.v_ipatch_enabled and key in self.ipatch else super( LabelOverridesSwitch, self ).get( key, default )
It works exactly like your actual class, except that it don't mess anymore with the rest of the world.
before you going to snap on me, you should inform yourself!
Asides i don't say that this mod is perfect, it's nevertheless not from me.
I just provide it over here copied from our discord.
I will not alter the code in any ways - and i doubt that MrDots cares at all about how the code messes up with 3rd party codes.
The code works fine as long as you use it with the original files.
Peace out

Ysbald

Nov 1, 2018
before you going to snap on me, you should inform yourself!
Asides i don't say that this mod is perfect, it's nevertheless not from me.
I just provide it over here copied from our discord.
I will not alter the code in any ways - and i doubt that MrDots cares at all about how the code messes up with 3rd party codes.
The code works fine as long as you use it with the original files.
Peace out
Crazy, you give a file to complete a paid product for us pirates. And someone criticizes you that this file is not "perfect"

tuShua

Oct 29, 2017
Is there a fix for Vicky on chapter 1? No matter what I choose they end up having sex even if I avoid walking her home, the MC still recollects that they had sex

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Is there a fix for Vicky on chapter 1? No matter what I choose they end up having sex even if I avoid walking her home, the MC still recollects that they had sex
You have a corrupted install or a bad mod

The actual game does not do that

• Red Heart
Reactions: tuShua

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
usual update aka very nice, story advanced, had good scenes, gave few chuckles and ended on cliffhanger.

scrshots:

about auntie's workdress: she lookslike prostitute on it.
house special on kristina and mc date lookslike steak and french fries
nekkid twins: find 5 differences on them (if scrshots will work)

screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png screenshot0004.png screenshot0005.png screenshot0006.png screenshot0007.png screenshot0008.png screenshot0009.png screenshot0010.png screenshot0011.png screenshot0012.png screenshot0013.png screenshot0014.png screenshot0015.png screenshot0016.png screenshot0017.png screenshot0018.png screenshot0019.png screenshot0020.png screenshot0021.png screenshot0022.png screenshot0023.png screenshot0024.png screenshot0025.png screenshot0026.png screenshot0027.png screenshot0028.png

Last edited:

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
After trying this game a few times, I have come to find that it is just not the kind of game that really draws me in. The story is just OK, and told well enough to be interesting. The renders are ok, but nothing really sticks out for me. The audio is meh. My chief complaint though is the point system, it just leaves a lot to be desired. I realize that the developer will feel that I may be harsh about it, but there are a few places were the point system does not seem reasonable, and plays too much into a narrow black or white narrative, that leaves me feeling like I am not able to really connect with or immerse myself in the game. I wish the developer the best of luck and success with the game.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
After trying this game a few times, I have come to find that it is just not the kind of game that really draws me in. The story is just OK, and told well enough to be interesting. The renders are ok, but nothing really sticks out for me. The audio is meh. My chief complaint though is the point system, it just leaves a lot to be desired. I realize that the developer will feel that I may be harsh about it, but there are a few places were the point system does not seem reasonable, and plays too much into a narrow black or white narrative, that leaves me feeling like I am not able to really connect with or immerse myself in the game. I wish the developer the best of luck and success with the game.
Yeah i think a few choices, which let u open/close/continue a path are way better than this, often annoying, pointsystem.

MC/Kristina shopping
Kristina:do u have a favorite colour ?
MC: yes, black
Kristina: u surely mean blue, cause i like blue
MC: no i like black
Reletionship decreased.....:rolleyes:

Reactions: ILCjr

MGUltimate

Dec 12, 2021
Usually if it's the antivirus the exe file gets deleted. Norton REALLY doesn't like Renpy games, but on my system guess it's gotten used to they're fine.

3.50 star(s) 269 Votes