Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
IDK if it's the MOD or the base game, but so far 5 different SOUND EFFECTS files have triggered tracebacks --- at least 2 are because it ends with a duplicate file extension: ".mp3.mp3" and the rest are door closing/kiss sound effects. All in Ch1 so far.
Including:
While running game code:
File "game/03_week3_01.rpy", line 4291, in script
mc "(Damn, she’s not coming back.)"
IOError: Couldn't find file 'sound effects/03/01/door_close_soft.mp3'.
Good morning. That's something on your end solely. The file IS in the proper place and works without fail unmodded AND SanchoMod doesn't include nor change the OEM sound files at all. Your install is fucked up or you did something else "cute":
1655224152103.png
The above is the sound effects archive contents to show that the file is included with the dev's distribution.

As a game developer as your tag suggests you should be able to quickly and easily look these simple errors up and find out what the issue is on your particular system.

Last edited:

egamer557

Jan 19, 2019
i literally just downloaded and tried to start the new version and had saves in my appdata folder but after starting it up they are gone

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Good morning. Those "Unlock" buttons are NOT from my mod. You have fubar'd (messed up) as it appears you are mixing mods. To quote an older post of mind regarding mixing mods:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I cannot overstate the importance of the above.
If that's what I did, then it seems I need to do so again, because it worked better for me. ;)

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
To get the best of both Scrappy and Sancho, upload the full Sancho mod, and then you can select the files from the Scrappy mod that are highlighted that give you the gallery unlock options if you want to see what you missed and that the Sancho mod doesn't give you the option to do. I played all of the prior update like this (though it was an unintentional thing at the time) and have now tested it in my current play. I suppose Sancho could sour grapes this and adjust his mod to break down if someone does this, but maybe he won't.

None of these files overwrite any Sancho files or original game files.

Untitled.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
To get the best of both Scrappy and Sancho, upload the full Sancho mod, and then you can select the files from the Scrappy mod that are highlighted that give you the gallery unlock options if you want to see what you missed and that the Sancho mod doesn't give you the option to do. I played all of the prior update like this (though it was an unintentional thing at the time) and have now tested it in my current play. I suppose Sancho could sour grapes this and adjust his mod to break down if someone does this, but maybe he won't.

None of these files overwrite any Sancho files or original game files.

View attachment 1871036
To be honest I could care less. Just as long as it's extremely clear to folks:

If you pour ketchup in your glass of milk, then don't bitch if it tastes like shit... that's on you. So, if your game gets fubar'd due to mixing mods, don't cry about it later, please.​

But just know that the entire gallery is included in SanchoGallery independently unlocked by default. PeepingTom & Donuts I only give hints at while in-game so you can work as "achievements". So, to summarize the only advantage to the above are PeepingTom & Donut unlocks if the player decides to do so. Drink your milk.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
To be honest I could care less. Just as long as it's extremely clear to folks:

If you pour ketchup in your glass of milk, then don't bitch if it tastes like shit... that's on you. So, if your game gets fubar'd due to mixing mods, don't cry about it later, please.​

But just know that the entire gallery is included in SanchoGallery independently unlocked by default. PeepingTom & Donuts I only give hints at while in-game so you can work as "achievements". So, to summarize the only advantage to the above are PeepingTom & Donut unlocks if the player decides to do so. Drink your milk.
I made chocolate milk - no ketchup involved. And it only provides an extra option after you do your playthroughs if you missed something.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
how you get the himari scene for some reason did not trigger for me
That's the nurse, right? I'm not there yet, but my understanding is you had to promise Mr. Roshi to take care of her in an earlier week, I just don't remember which one. I'm sure I must have done it in one of my saves...

If you're using the Sancho Mod, I think it's one of those things you can toggle on in the cheats to get the scene.

Xo Mo

Game Developer
Aug 12, 2020
Good morning. That's something on your end solely. The file IS in the proper place and works without fail unmodded AND SanchoMod doesn't include nor change the OEM sound files at all. Your install is fucked up or you did something else "cute":
View attachment 1870684
The above is the sound effects archive contents to show that the file is included with the dev's distribution.

As a game developer as your tag suggests you should be able to quickly and easily look these simple errors up and find out what the issue is on your particular system.
I'm a dialogue writer and animator, not a coder.
I don't like to extract other devs' game code or archives if I don't have to.

shootinstar

Jul 15, 2021
You get her scenes by not being on Yuki's line, if you have a relationship with Yuki you wont get Himari's scenes
seriously? so i have to be with yuki and that way i won't have the scene with himari? i'm not interested in both of them. the only characters that i find myself attracted to are the sister (hotel owner) and the twins. at least let me have my choice with whom i choose to do stuff with. so unnecessary.

3.50 star(s) 267 Votes