liberatorus

Jun 12, 2022
Hmm, looking at the reviews, I am on the fence for this one. The reviews all universally praise the visuals in this game, amazing renders etc. and the models look really nice.

But I have seen a lot of reviews that trash the writing in this game. Is this just people complaining about dev choices or is the writing that bad?

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
Hmm, looking at the reviews, I am on the fence for this one. The reviews all universally praise the visuals in this game, amazing renders etc. and the models look really nice.

But I have seen a lot of reviews that trash the writing in this game. Is this just people complaining about dev choices or is the writing that bad?
Bitching. It's hot.

liberatorus

Jun 12, 2022
Bitching. It's hot.
But that's exactly what I mean. This doesn't actually refute the bitching or tell me anyting about the writing.

I don't require good story to enjoy games. Some games have no story at all, they simply exist so that you can view hot scene after scene and get some funny moments. I enjoy those games if the visuals are good.

Then there are games where the scenes are not that hot and are quite few in number, but they have amazing story so you don't even care about the hotness anymore. I enjoy those games as well.

What I really don't enjoy are games that have walls of text with the dev wanting to tell a story, but it's so bland and annoying that it distracts from how hot the scenes are and you just have to skip text to reach the scenes.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
But that's exactly what I mean. This doesn't actually refute the bitching or tell me anyting about the writing.
story is silly but it is silly on every avn but as long as it works (even if "few" oddities pop up) it's fine.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
MY suggestion for fixing the continuity discrepancies posted Dec. 28 at 11:15 was deleted for WHAT reason now?
Lol censorship works well for useless banter, yet shouldn't be utilized when making a VALID complaint or error notification.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019

Lol no the writing really is that bad, though its true that the renders are beautiful, even some of the animation isnt choppy.

Reactions: VOYEUR

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018

Lol no the writing really is that bad, though its true that the renders are beautiful, even some of the animation isnt choppy.
the writing isnt "bad" - it's detailed.
It's still a visual NOVEL - where you are supposed to read through a story which is told by using TEXT, with some visual help by renders.

If you don't want to read text and only want to see lewd renders to fap, this game really isn't something for you.
If you want to read a nice story and asides that want to see lewds, then feel free to try.

In short: there is A LOT of textwall, but the writing isn't that bad.
(some don't know the difference between "bad writing" (grammar, style) and "lot of writing")

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021

I don't require good story to enjoy games. Some games have no story at all, they simply exist so that you can view hot scene after scene and get some funny moments. I enjoy those games if the visuals are good.

Then there are games where the scenes are not that hot and are quite few in number, but they have amazing story so you don't even care about the hotness anymore. I enjoy those games as well.

What I really don't enjoy are games that have walls of text with the dev wanting to tell a story, but it's so bland and annoying that it distracts from how hot the scenes are and you just have to skip text to reach the scenes.
Here's an example from early in the game, full of internal monologue with the MC. Granted, this particular scene is even labeled mc thinking...but this is the kind of stuff a lot of people get so frustrated with when playing MrDots games. This is an example from the game of a wall of text.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And what people are saying is bad writing is that the characters talk very robotic or as if they are quoting a technical manual at times. They have little personality. Of course, these are my opinions, but read the excerpt above and decide if you can sit through an entire game of this.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020

From your comment, I think you should like this avn.
Here, no succession of images and hot scenes, or even a narrative wall that lasts for ages, but a story, certainly a little silly, and intrigues that revolve around an Mc who, on many occasions, has the gift of annoying by his immature behavior and attitudes, but who in the end is a very lucky kinglet surrounded by fabulous creatures.
But like I always say, try it and you'll know

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
some play those textbased html games so don't see why not dots games too.

SeoSirigueijo

Dec 19, 2018
Anyone know how can i change the caracters name? I skiped the sis name on the beggining and now she is without it on the dialogs :FacePalm:

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
She even wants to know all the details of her relationships with the other girls. With whom, where, when, how... This girl is a bit nuts. We may have a final with Nicole the berserker or Nicole aka Villanelle :giggle:
yea she does, apparently that's her kink.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017

Happy New Year 2023!

A very Happy New Year to our supporters all around the world.
Even though we’re meant to be on vacation, it’s sometimes hard for us to stay completely away from doing some kind of work that relates to our games.
Over the past week, Mistress Elemental has been creating some very special New Years images, featuring characters from both Sunshine Love and Dating My Daughter.
This is our special thanks to you, all our loyal supporters, for following and funding our work during the past six years.
Our team and I have big plans for 2023 and most of that will revolve around the conclusion of Sunshine Love, the “DMD Game Fantasy Scene Collection”, and the much-anticipated release of our fourth visual novel.
We’re very much in this industry for the long haul and we will continue to create games/VN’s as long as you’re willing to continue to follow and support us.
We wish you all the best for the new year and we sincerely hope that it’s a very successful and prosperous one for you all.
Mrdots

(You can get the packs from Subscribestar for $1 US or if some other person posts them)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
so if sl finishes this year and still 6+ weeks between updates then not many updates left (compared to dmd).

3.50 star(s) 269 Votes