dav121

Oct 13, 2016
Anyone else feeling the drop off in quality or is it just me? The story is still fine don't get me wrong... But the animations... The sex scene with the church girl was so robotic feeling. No expression on faces so it just felt like 2 plastic dolls fucking.
You're not wrong. Updates for DMD use to be an EVENT, they'd drop on a weekend and people would be getting super hyped about it in the thread. Now with doughnut-simulator, the update limps in midweek and the finished product is just as lacklustre.

Reactions: slackster

Ilcoriglianese forte

Sep 7, 2023
With all due respect, he has now reached the end of the game, what did it cost him, releasing it together with this update is closing, instead of extending it just to increase a little bit, because I don't think he can add much anymore, except for a variant of the endings. but never mind, we wait for the ending

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I remembered something about the path that they were talking about on Melody so looked at the WT, and yeah, there is a path for that pretty much.
well there is path to have sex with sophie and later with sophie and melody and later with mel, fi and xi but no ending with her.

LoGyMW

Nov 21, 2022
Well done. A little more patience and you won't be spoiled on the story as I'll have the mod updated soon-ish... but that's your call. I missed the message from the dev team last week which I was supposed to test this update before release...my bad. If I had noticed that message the mod would have already been updated and the VN combed for bugs on my end... but I'm starting it now.
Ended up waiting for your mod anyway, always nice to have those extra features

Last edited:
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Sunshine Love Multi-Mod (Ch3 v0.02i Extras Update)
SL_SM_Cover.jpg
Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )
1697750790380.png 1697750776225.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v7b with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho

Special thanks to Mistress Elemental and Hyperserver for the continued trust, confidence, and collaboration. Kind regards.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
That was uh.
Anyone else feeling the drop off in quality or is it just me? The story is still fine don't get me wrong... But the animations... The sex scene with the church girl was so robotic feeling. No expression on faces so it just felt like 2 plastic dolls fucking.
Agreed. But I actually don't think the story is still fine. Here's the thing, if you compare this game against 90% of the dreck on this site, it comes off looking great no matter what, but if you compare it to even its previous chapters, its pretty clear MrDots struggles with endings. Where are the consequences for my actions (pretty sure at least four girls are having a baby in the near future)? Why isn't there a narrowing blade of tension in the final act? Instead we have a boring subplot about the saving the mayorohmygod I'm falling asleep just writing it. Even the greatest of harem enjoyers would prefer plotlines where the REAL choices we made (fucking various women and hiding it) come to a head.

Not everything needs to be direct, some plotlines can be subtle, maybe S is worried she's pregnant but refuses to tell the MC, not wanting him to feel trapped. Maybe Shortcake has some sort of secret revelation that would change the character dynamic and some interest drama could be mined from it, the sort of thing that makes a good story, rather than not addressing it or brushing past it in the epilogue. Maybe some characters actually spill the beans on the MC two timing EVERYONE making his goodbye more bittersweet.

My point is there's a least a dozen plotlines that didn't go anywhere, but instead we had this mudpuddle deep nonsense about the mayor. We had virtually every character, even women who you fucked their own DAUGHTERS basically thirsting for that Main Character Cock. I think the issue is MrDots wants semi-realism, but its very very very hard to write out the conclusions to the ideas they wanted to adress. It takes enormous talent to bridge the gap between 'character finds out you slept with their daughter and is okay with it' (which is what players want) and 'mother finds out you fucked her daugher and hates you' which is what happens in real life. You need to set up a few corruptive moments along the way or find a viable path for a character to have both. It's not easy, but its also not impossible. And there's real good story in working that variable. It's kind of like this, a story might need a line about the days weather just to set the scene. A bad writer might say 'it's cloudy', low detail and it doesn't really tell us anything. A good writer might say 'the day was dying before it even began, heavy black clouds won their war against sunshine, bathing the streets around him in shadow and rain', which tells us a lot more. But the best writers might say, why am I writing about these clouds at all? What do they tell the reader about my character? What does this setting reveal about my plot or atmosphere? In short they write ahead which lets them be efficient and creates opportunities for some divergences from 'reality'*.

* You can only pull on realism so much before it collapses, basically you establish your own rules and they try and follow them. Its why Indiana Jones can find the holy grail without losing his audience, but the minute aliens show up....

Jul 2, 2021
A majority of the threesome animations, if not all of them, weren't in this update. I assume those are actually just telling us what will be in the next update?
There was supposed to be an extended version of the Twins shower with both of the twins, but the scene was so large that there just was not enough time to finish that scene. It is still planned to add it in at some point, but it may not happen until the final update is done and it can be focused on.

• Sad
Reactions: _Gaalec_
Jul 2, 2021
This is something we are looking to correct with the next game. As you may know, trying to release as much content as we can in such a short time, can be very hard. Taking the time to focus on every little detail in the renders and animations is very time consuming, and if we did that for every scene with every update, it would take months to release the updates. You may have noticed that some of the scenes are better quality than others since I joined the team. This is something we would like to start putting effort into, by sacrificing the "set deadlines" for releases a bit, which is what I am trying to do with the scenes I make. We will provide more detail on this later, but note that starting with our fourth game, this is something you should start to see us improve on, over time.

Last edited:

Tatsuya2022

Apr 5, 2023
used to play game like a year ago, Girls were fine ,on their renders and character development, BUT THE MC was like eeeww sort of good boy/sweet boy ? ... with no option to be otherwise, he need more balls on both ways. as behavior and as physics

to much vanilla , guess for those who like the vanilla genre..

Profundus

Dec 10, 2020
I generally like MrDots Games the way they are, more storyline-oriented than just sex scenes in a row. I have loved Melody and DMD. I also enjoyed SL until this previous update. Although i found that the kidnapping story was solved a bit too easily and quickly, I enjoyed that update a lot. It was really exciting.
As I mentioned above I enjoyed the game until the update published on Wednesday. Ever since the MC got the info about his possible new job "at home", I was waiting for the possibility to choose "stay in SB!". I think the development of the story does not fit the way it was before. Shortcake all of a sudden acts so confidently as a co-owner and pops up as sis's partner instead of MC, while the MC is totally out of the game?
The fact that the MC really gets on that airplane and leaves all that was good in his life behind without any possibility for us players to stop him is highly unsatisfying and far from a "Good ending". So much trust has been destroyed by this acting. I was at the point that I never wnated to play this game again.

Reactions: LSC82

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017

WalkThrough & UI Mod focuses on visual appeal, ease of use and being practical. Enjoy!
* No File Replacements, No Code Overhauls - Only Intelligent UI layer with added Funz * :WeSmart:
https://f95zone.to/threads/sunshine...s-walkthrough-ui-mod-v0-02-00-onlyfunz.177271

Features:
  • "Donut Indication" Icon appears whenever a Doughnut/Easter Egg is on the current scene.
    • Donuts do disappear when you "Hide" the UI (H key or Eye icon). That's one way to find it.
  • Reveal and play "Replay" Scenes. (Accessible when using the In-Game Tablet Device)
    • Replays contain their own "Label" for the scene (across all Chapters :cool:)
  • Unlock Peeping Tom and Doughnut Gallery. (Accessible when using the In-Game Tablet Device)
  • UI adjustments and Clear Dialogue texts.
    • Choices moved to the right side of the screen for visual appeal.
  • Choices Highlighting - Green (Bright-White with In-Game hints) and Red.
  • Works in tandem with the In-Game Hints, when it is turned ON.
  • Keyboard Shortcuts:
    • Z - Turns Walk-Through Hints On/Off
    • X - Turns In-Game Hints On/Off
      • Must be Activated, if not - you will get prompted for the unlock code. :illuminati:

WTMOD_SLCH3_Onlyfunz_#10.jpg SLCH3_Replays_OnlyFunz.jpg WTMOD_SLCH3_Onlyfunz_#2.jpg WTMOD_SLCH3_Onlyfunz_#2_off.jpg WTMOD_SLCH3_Onlyfunz_#3_On.jpg WTMOD_SLCH3_Onlyfunz_#4.jpg SLCH3_OnlyFunz_DonutSpotting.gif

Last edited:

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
I generally like MrDots Games the way they are, more storyline-oriented than just sex scenes in a row. I have loved Melody and DMD. I also enjoyed SL until this previous update. Although i found that the kidnapping story was solved a bit too easily and quickly, I enjoyed that update a lot. It was really exciting.
As I mentioned above I enjoyed the game until the update published on Wednesday. Ever since the MC got the info about his possible new job "at home", I was waiting for the possibility to choose "stay in SB!". I think the development of the story does not fit the way it was before. Shortcake all of a sudden acts so confidently as a co-owner and pops up as sis's partner instead of MC, while the MC is totally out of the game?
The fact that the MC really gets on that airplane and leaves all that was good in his life behind without any possibility for us players to stop him is highly unsatisfying and far from a "Good ending". So much trust has been destroyed by this acting. I was at the point that I never wnated to play this game again.
you still know this is a cliffhanger and he regrets being on the plane and will return next update? ;)

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hey everyone, I haven't played for a couple of updates does Shortcake have any threesome scenes now or planned for later?

3.50 star(s) 268 Votes