DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Likely just a difference in preferences. :p Like I said, I also get the feeling there are just typecasted chars in the game instead of characters and drama overkill just to keep things slow. There is actually no reason within the game or the characters that means bro and sis could not have slept together in the very first episode if MC just would have admitted to remembering the promise. :p Now we all know that first at least 4 or 5 unnecessary drama plots will have to be taken away before they will, but that has nothing to do with the characters or their story. Too many unneeded blockers instead of real development, where the BF and the GF are two major examples of and neither plays a real meaningful role in the game. The GF is just a bit more loving and better looking version of the father and Brody ....... It is like watching a soap and getting back to it three years later, all kinda things have happened but nothing really happened except the chars are three years older and you missed nothing and can get back into it in 5 mins.

Edit: It is a bit like with DMD, if you played the first half of chapter 1 you can basically just stop and download chapter 3, set the correct points and go on with the story. You will have missed nothing except some hot sex scenes with others, all the story and developments inbetween are just filler and fluff though. Some people do love it though, others less.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkaura

Uwe Furtmustal

Mar 16, 2018
You guys who just constantly complain about boring and bad dialogues, no sex, boring story ... nobody force you to play this game ... you can find another game here ... there are a lot of games which contains almost only sex scenes ... I know, everybody has right to have own opinion, but last few pages it's only about complaining ...

Johnysilver771

Dec 29, 2018
You guys who just constantly complain about boring and bad dialogues, no sex, boring story ... nobody force you to play this game ... you can find another game here ... there are a lot of games which contains almost only sex scenes ... I know, everybody has right to have own opinion, but last few pages it's only about complaining ...
didnt say that want only sex scenes. i like good story, charecters developments and dialogues if they are well written. There is a lot of water in the dialogs . People dont talk in real life like that.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
didnt say that want only sex scenes. i like good story, charecters developments and dialogues if they are well written. There is a lot of water in the dialogs . People dont talk in real life like that.
Yeah, the grease trap/kitchen conversation was bad. It didn't help us learn more about the character, it was just added filler. Seriously unnecessary. Could have at least put it in a serious of questions we ask which awarded relationship points for asking all of the questions. Give us something for having to stand there and read the boilerplate explanation for how a grease trap works.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
People dont talk in real life like that.
I came to make the same point - that the dialog is stilted and that no-one talks the way that the characters in Mr. Dot's games talk. I love(d) 'Melody' despite the wooden, sometimes excessive exposition but DMD and now 'Sunshine Love' takes that to a higher, even more irritating level.

I like this game, and Mr. Dot's previous games, but I think it's about time for him (or his team) to bring in an editor because there's a lot of 'word salad' that could be eliminated, letting the charm and the wit of dialog come through more clearly than it has lately.

Reactions: EZ8lt

Uwe Furtmustal

Mar 16, 2018
Yeah, the grease trap/kitchen conversation was bad. It didn't help us learn more about the character, it was just added filler. Seriously unnecessary. Could have at least put it in a serious of questions we ask which awarded relationship points for asking all of the questions. Give us something for having to stand there and read the boilerplate explanation for how a grease trap works.
I'm sorry, but everything about music in Melody was filler. Every music lessons, every concert ... I skipped all, because it was really boring ... of course there were exceptions, but most of it was boring ... in SL, it is true, that the cooking part with Vic was quite a boring too, but not so much as Melody's music theme ...

Reactions: EZ8lt and Darkaura

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I'm sorry, but everything about music in Melody was filler. Every music lessons, every concert ... I skipped all, because it was really boring ... of course there were exceptions, but most of it was boring ... in SL, it is true, that the cooking part with Vic was quite a boring too, but not so much as Melody's music theme ...
Eh, I disagree. Not that it wasn't filler but at least music, in theory, can be interesting to more people than the make up of a commercial kitchen and how a grease trap works. Unless there are a lot of avid restaurateurs and Risk Management enthusiasts spending their off hours playing this game. ;)

Reactions: darlic and Darkaura

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
"Filler" is a commonly used tool in the literature. MrDot always tries to teach us something about them, but of course it is not the most lively reading. I still find it better than the Westeros cookbook and the Slaver Gulf cookbook used in SIF.

As for the personality of the characters. I don't know how you can judge the personality of characters we barely knew.
In cause of MC and his sister, we have already reaped a little further in their personalities and their "real" character traits in the first part have garnered criticism.
What a far too formal speech. Potential business partners who do not yet know each other communicate with each other. There is a more formal expression expectable.

I myself was happier with the first part than with the 0.02. Due to 2x2 parallel sections, the story did not move so much. Perhaps now the story will continue more quickly when all LIs have been introduced. Personally, I am concerned that a large amount of LI will hamper development quite a bit.

SexyFeetLover

Feb 14, 2018
I´ll bet all you whiners never read comics by Marvel or DC. Complaining about realism and fillers over a VN based on pure fantasy. Get a grip of yourselfes and just enjoy the game for what it is. :FacePalm:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I´ll bet all you whiners never read comics by Marvel or DC. Complaining about realism and fillers over a VN based on pure fantasy. Get a grip of yourselfes and just enjoy the game for what it is. :FacePalm:
Then do not say it should be a slow burn out of realism either. For me I just hope that the overkill on the drama front will not have bored me out before the better parts of game are reached. It would be a pity if did that again as with former games of this team, since I do like the art and basic premise of the game. :p.

Basically the setup with Bro-sis, overbearing father, betrayal of her kids by sis's mom, hotel and maybe the cousin and aunt added would already have made more then enough potential drama to base a whole game around, slow or hot burn. Add all those other elements and it becomes overkill.

I do not think it is that unfair to say that a few too many chars are completely superfluous to the real story of the game and are only there to fulfill certain roles like Brody and the GF, that are roles also already played by others chars as far as it comes to the real drama. It is the father that held him back in a life that does not really suit him and the GF is just an extension of the father in game and will either be a bad end where mc stays chained to a life not suited to him as wished by his cunt of a father. She is just there to slow MC/Sis relation down but not a serious character, she will fall by the roadside somewhere just as Brody will, but it might be in a chapter 2 or 3.

Last edited:

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Is it whining, or providing feedback? Seriously...writing 400 words about opening a door sucks the fun out of damned near anything and a lot of people on Mr. Dots' Discord have mentioned this numerous times. And just to be clear - getting a "grip" on myself would be to simply skip this entirely and cancel my Patreon pledge because is frigging tedious. Perhaps you would like to cover my pledge when I take your sage advice...

Last edited:
Reactions: EZ8lt and dav121

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
This game just end when lucas guy came up
It's just 7 page of walkthrough out of 23 page can some plz explain why this is happening
On android version
Your are playing Version 1. Lucas showing up is the END of Version 1.

HalloCharlie

Mar 27, 2018
There's a reason why I love Mr. Dots games. The slow grind to get the girls are always super interesting for me, and it makes the whole story more believable. I actually like how the story is unfolding, and it kinda seems a breath of fresh air to have more than one or two girls around, giving us more to choose.
One thing Melody and DMD didn't have was a lot of characters to choose, so you kinda feel very limited there. On Melody it was notorious for me, since the only character that was good for me, was Melody.

I understand that people get impatient with not being able to fuck the characters a couple hours into the game, but for me it would ruin the experience otherwise. Just my opinion of course.

Reactions: SuperLYC

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
the boilerplate explanation for how a grease trap works.
You have GOT to be kidding.

yes you have a point, i hope next update will have more content too, but mr dots is a very good developer
The renders, animations and models are gorgeous. The coding is sold. But the interface, dialogue, pacing and story are just painful. Back when DMD was first out, Mr. Dots was the best thing on F95, but now, there are much stronger teams putting out better crafted content. The things that were fine in 2017, stand out as cringy in 2020.

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
You have GOT to be kidding.
No, I was actually being quite literally :rolleyes:

Of course, I wasn't being serious. However, the explanation was boring AF, almost as boring as the actual explanation of how a grease trap works. Which is what I was trying to convey with my post. No I wasn't trying to tell anyone that they should derive knowledge about a commercial kitchen by playing this game. Just as I wouldn't tell anyone to play this game if they want to learn the functions of law, hotel management, or how to ride a scooter.

3.50 star(s) 269 Votes