4.70 star(s) 39 Votes

OhDonna

Jun 9, 2018
...and this is the true definition of homophobic...
took me a while to understand what you meant lol
But isn't that how straight men should feel about it in general? Maybe I'm biased because I'm a lesbian, but I also dislike seeing men involved in the games I play because I'm not attracted to men. I rather only see people I'm attracted to in games like these. Why do straight men not feel the same then, since they're also not attracted to them? Or is it that "imagining yourself in their place" kind of thing every time?

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
But isn't that how straight men should feel about it in general? Maybe I'm biased because I'm a lesbian, but I also dislike seeing men involved in the games I play because I'm not attracted to men. I rather only see people I'm attracted to in games like these. Why do straight men not feel the same then, since they're also not attracted to them? Or is it that "imagining yourself in their place" kind of thing every time?
oh i don't know...i was trying to troll you...

Calligo

Nov 20, 2020
Just wanted to let you know I really liked this game. Characters actually felt like they had personality what with making mistakes and regretting them, and it was mercifully light on a whole lot of common but insufferable tropes and fantasies. It even seemed more or less realistic - not quite plausible in our current society, but one could easily imagine a society like this in a slightly different or future world.

Would much appreciate any recommendations for similar games. >.>

P.s. if I get the newer V5 (played 0.4b), is there a way to not have to replay everything?

Last edited:

OhDonna

Jun 9, 2018
Just wanted to let you know I really liked this game. Characters actually felt like they had personality what with making mistakes and regretting them, and it was mercifully light on a whole lot of common but insufferable tropes and fantasies. It even seemed more or less realistic - not quite plausible in our current society, but one could easily imagine a society like this in a slightly different or future world.

Would much appreciate any recommendations for similar games. >.>

P.s. if I get the newer V5 (played 0.4b), is there a way to not have to replay everything?
saves are compatible with the 0.5c version, so you'll just load your saved game normally.

Lara Snow

Feb 10, 2020
The self insertion seems ways stronger and far more common on them than us for a reason. Maybe because they always had male MCs to play as whereas we had very few female MCs to enjoy. In my case I enjoy self inserting myself in the situation, imagining myself sharing the scene with the characters in most cases other than loosing my identity and even worse stealing hers from a character to feel a thrill. Feels totally weird for me.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
The self insertion seems ways stronger and far more common on them than us for a reason. Maybe because they always had male MCs to play as whereas we had very few female MCs to enjoy. In my case I enjoy self inserting myself in the situation, imagining myself sharing the scene with the characters in most cases other than loosing my identity and even worse stealing hers from a character to feel a thrill. Feels totally weird for me.
I grew up playing RPGs, so putting myself in to the place of the MC is the only way I can play, and while I am more than capable of playing a straight woman (or gay man for that matter) in a normal game, and be flirty, or whatever the scene requires, but these are not just games to play to have fun. They are sex games, that are supposed to turn us on and get us off, and guys don't do that for me.

The more guys around in the game, the less sexy it is to me. Especially if they are involved in the sex scenes. The 'male best friend' is generally an over used trope too, always hate that in these games, like I want to spend the first 20 min of the game with some long introspection and/or conversations with some guy I don't care about.

It goes back to an old storytelling saying that most of us need to keep in mind when making our games, "Show, don't tell". You only have so much time to make a first impression to the player (or reader, or viewer, whatever), so it's best to jump right into the story, and save any background to be dispersed slowly as it progresses, once they are already invested in the characters. No one wants your life story right off the bat, let them get to know you first, a bit at a time.

Sunville did this well, there was a very short intro, but Lea gets right into her sexy hijinks, so it grabs your attention and keeps it as you learn more about her, and slowly meet her new friends. There wasn't 20 pages of preamble before you get to something interesting.

I mean, it doesn't always have to be sexy, but it does need to be interesting. You need something to grab the attention of the player, not bore them to death.

Last edited:

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
I personally don't care too much whether it's lesbian, straight, bi, whatever. My biggest thing I want to see from a female protagonist game is the women having fun and enjoying their adventures.

It's a massive turn off for me to see women coerced, blackmailed, etc. In these games, and it's unfortunate that more often than not games that have female protagonists lean heavily on these themes. It's almost as if the concept of women having a good time enjoying sex is somehow foreign.

I'm happy with the content of this game.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I personally don't care too much whether it's lesbian, straight, bi, whatever. My biggest thing I want to see from a female protagonist game is the women having fun and enjoying their adventures.

It's a massive turn off for me to see women coerced, blackmailed, etc. In these games, and it's unfortunate that more often than not games that have female protagonists lean heavily on these themes. It's almost as if the concept of women having a good time enjoying sex is somehow foreign.

True, very true.

While those themes have their uses, it has become far too much of a staple, like the dead father who married your 'landlady'.

That is what I like most about this game, it is all about the characters having fun, and enjoying themselves and not a lot of drama. Just good, clean, wholesome fun. XD

OhDonna

Jun 9, 2018
No, since I don't have a problem with LGBTQ people, particularly not with lesbians. But since I'm heterosexual, I have zero interest in seeing naked guys, lol
It took me a while but I think they meant "true definition" as in "homo means equal, phobic means 'fear/aversion to'", so you being a straight man and "disliking" straight men would be "homophobic"
or at least that is the only way I found to make it make sense as a reply to your original comment

Anyway, there is no shortage of reasons to praise this game. I hope it inspires more developers to make lighthearted fun games like this, which is unfortunately kind of rare around here.

thatguy49

Nov 6, 2020

Agreed, I'm a guy, but I'm fine with playing characters of any gender or sexuality so long as the MC is not too powerless. Unfortunately this dynamic(rape,blackmail,etc) is very heavy in female protagonist games, which is why I tend to avoid them. I'd love to play a game where you're a woman with agency that has a harem of loving boyfriends(or girlfriends, but I notice lesbian games like Sunville are bit more wholesome than straight ones), not just destined to be a "pass around slut" like many of these games tend to do. Granted I am bi, so maybe that effects my openness to the MC's romantic partners' genders, what matters is they have decent/nice personalities. Of course we'll ignore the unfair aspect of MC having a harem of faithful lovers, but it's a game lol.

thatguy49

Nov 6, 2020
True, very true.

While those themes have their uses, it has become far too much of a staple, like the dead father who married your 'landlady'.

That is what I like most about this game, it is all about the characters having fun, and enjoying themselves and not a lot of drama. Just good, clean, wholesome fun. XD
This is what I love about it as well!

After going through the stresses of real life and seeing the issues of real world news, it feels nice to relax with a wholesome narrative. Call me a softy, but sometimes I just want a cute NSFW game without the darker themes.

feierflei

Protect pretty exhibitionists at all costs!
Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Any progress?
Hey there!

I'm currently working on v0.6, which took quite a bit longer than I expected. There's an alpha ready on my Patreon that covers about half to two thirds of the content, the rest still needs some sorting out.

I can't really give you an ETA as I've been wrong about those so many times now... But v0.7 will take a lot less time, and I'll release 0.6 for the public once I release 0.7 for Patrons, which could be any time between one to three weeks from now. Probably. No promises. lol

annofrog

Jul 24, 2017
Hey there!

I'm currently working on v0.6, which took quite a bit longer than I expected. There's an alpha ready on my Patreon that covers about half to two thirds of the content, the rest still needs some sorting out.

I can't really give you an ETA as I've been wrong about those so many times now... But v0.7 will take a lot less time, and I'll release 0.6 for the public once I release 0.7 for Patrons, which could be any time between one to three weeks from now. Probably. No promises. lol
Alright, thanks!

red_faced

Jul 23, 2020
Hey there!

Looking forward to seeing the next update, feierflei.

This is one of the most promising games on the site.

jclosed

Dec 3, 2019
Hey there!

I'm looking forward to that one. Take your time and don't force yourself. I rather have a decent one later than a rushed one now.
Thanks a lot!

Ananke

Jul 28, 2018
Hi, the game seems very promising.

There's a bit of a bug when it comes to saving a game.
Apparently the game tries to write the save file to a user folder/AppData/Roaming/etc, which a way to go about it (why not the save folder withing the game folder though?)
But when a windows username contains non-english characters, the save fails, unfortunately, as it converts the symbols to their codes, it seems, and then tries to access such a folder.
See the image attached.

sunville_save_bug.JPG

Last edited:

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
Hi, the game seems very promising.

There's a bit of a bug when it comes to saving a game.
Apparently the game tries to write the save file to a user folder/AppData/Roaming/etc, which a way to go about it (why not the save folder withing the game folder though?)
But when a windows username contains non-english characters, the save fails, unfortunately, as it converts the symbols to their codes, it seems, and then tries to access such a folder.
See the image attached.

View attachment 1542434
In Windows, Renpy automatically saves each game's sabe files to a separate folder under the Users folder. This is good, because if and when you reinstall the game or install a new version, you're in no danger of overwriting and losing your saves.

If there is a character in the path that is non-English, it's highly unlikely the game put it there.

Reactions: feierflei
4.70 star(s) 39 Votes