4.70 star(s) 39 Votes

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
That's what I mean though, it's never really blackmail to begin with so why was it framed in a blackmail shell? I'm not saying you should change anything in your game because of the comments of one person. I just don't understand and blackmail leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
It's not my game, and I wasn't really fond of that part either, but she was never planning on following through, it was just a way to have the MC awaken, might not have been the best option, but it didn't last long, and easy to put in the past.

ColonelWanker

Jan 30, 2020
It's not my game, and I wasn't really fond of that part either, but she was never planning on following through, it was just a way to have the MC awaken, might not have been the best option, but it didn't last long, and easy to put in the past.
I sort of saw it more like dares than outright blackmail

red_faced

Jul 23, 2020
I sort of saw it more like dares than outright blackmail
Yeah, same. The one girl says she's "blackmailing" the MC into doing stuff, but it seems clear from the conversation around it that this is just a playful thing between them and nobody is forcing anyone to do something they really don't want to do.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yeah, same. The one girl says she's "blackmailing" the MC into doing stuff, but it seems clear from the conversation around it that this is just a playful thing between them and nobody is forcing anyone to do something they really don't want to do.
It was less clear at first, but yeah, he tried to lessen the harshness of it in later updates to where now it's just Hanna being playful, getting off on the domination aspect.

Reactions: rKnight

feierflei

Protect pretty exhibitionists at all costs!
Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
I'm going to use the terrible, ancient excuse: "It's what the character would do". LOL

Hannah isn't good at the whole "limits" business, especially when she's having fun. She sometimes goes too far, not just with the blackmail, but, for example, in the cinema as well. She doesn't do it out of maliciousness, she just doesn't realize that it's at least one step over the line of friendly teasing until she is told. And then she feels really bad about it.
Of course, that doesn't excuse anything - but for me personally, it takes a lot of the "oomph" out of the situation.

I think I could have done the whole situation differently. I still would have kept the light blackmail in, as an initial push for Lea. But I could - and should - have worded it better, and shown more of Hannah's character before that.
In my defence: English is not my native language and that scene was one of the very first ones I made, over a year before I released 0.1. :LOL:

feierflei

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Woooo, doublepost!

I just started a public on my Patreon. I'd appreciate your input!
It's been quite a while since I last did one of these, and I'd love to know how recent versions have impacted everyone's opinion of the girls.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
I'm going to use the terrible, ancient excuse: "It's what the character would do". LOL
Don't you dare call that a terrible excuse. All characters should always act according to who they are. If Hannah is someone who goes too far, then you should show her going too far. If that characteristic doesn't fit the tone of your story then changing that scene changes the character you are portraying. Which is fine if you value that more than keeping your original idea for the character. I just hate the implication in your comment that a character acting consistently is a bad thing in any way.

feierflei

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Don't you dare call that a terrible excuse. All characters should always act according to who they are. If Hannah is someone who goes too far, then you should show her going too far. If that characteristic doesn't fit the tone of your story then changing that scene changes the character you are portraying. Which is fine if you value that more than keeping your original idea for the character. I just hate the implication in your comment that a character acting consistently is a bad thing in any way.
I only used that exact wording because it is an inside joke in the D&D community. People let their chaotic neutral characters (mostly rogues lol) repeatedly do things that put the party at a major disadvantage (be it in combat, or just by randomly murdering people in town) and then, if someone complains, say "But it's what my character would do!". Basically, trying to justify erratic and destructive behaviour that kills the fun for everyone else.

Or, tl;dr: I was just memeing around, and I completely agree with you.

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
I see. I've never played D&D or any other TTRPG. I was only talking about classic storytelling. In a social game where your story affects the other players it's probably fair to make a few sacrifices.

DahliaRose

Dec 22, 2018
When does the newest update become available for a tier below 10 dollars? Sadly I can't afford 10 dollars right now..

feierflei

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
When does the newest update become available for a tier below 10 dollars? Sadly I can't afford 10 dollars right now..
The newest update is an alpha and incomplete. My full releases usually span a week (with 0.6 being the most notable exception), 0.7alpha1 only has two days at this point. I mostly released it to keep myself from reworking Monday and Tuesday over and over again.
That being said, the events are some of the largest class events yet, and from the look of things, the rest of the week will be similar because I can't stop myself from writing longer and longer scenes with every update. lol

Since I swore to never again give an ETA (they are always dramatically wrong), I'll give a rule of thumb instead: If you see an update go live for the 5$ folks, it will go public in a week or two because it's a finished version. If it's up for the 10$ guys and gals only, there is absolutely no telling when it will go public because things never go according to my plans. :HideThePain:

But - here are a few previews as an apology for being the most disorganized dev on f95 lol

red_faced

Jul 23, 2020
The newest update is an alpha and incomplete. My full releases usually span a week (with 0.6 being the most notable exception), 0.7alpha1 only has two days at this point. I mostly released it to keep myself from reworking Monday and Tuesday over and over again.
That being said, the events are some of the largest class events yet, and from the look of things, the rest of the week will be similar because I can't stop myself from writing longer and longer scenes with every update. lol

Since I swore to never again give an ETA (they are always dramatically wrong), I'll give a rule of thumb instead: If you see an update go live for the 5$ folks, it will go public in a week or two because it's a finished version. If it's up for the 10$ guys and gals only, there is absolutely no telling when it will go public because things never go according to my plans. :HideThePain:

But - here are a few previews as an apology for being the most disorganized dev on f95 lol

Pretty exhibitionists must be protected at all costs.

feierflei

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
I'll just share something I posted on my Discord yesterday...

This is the list of completed (or almost completed) school events that I scrapped and remade in 0.7 alone.
I totally dug myself into a hole once again by making events longer and longer (and one image per line), because it means I can rarely adjust something on the fly without redoing everything. Sometimes it's just stupid visual inconsistencies with clothing or the environment, sometimes it's me revamping plot points, either way it's a massive amount of work.
The worst part is that I'm pretty sure most of players wouldn't even notice, and most of those that would notice wouldn't care. Still, the thought of just saying "fuck it" and using one of those I deem unworthy really doesn't sit well with me.

All that being said, it's slowly coming together and I'm happy with the Wednesday events as well as the Thursday history class now. I've revisited my second idea for swimming class and am currently trying to get that one to work without major changes. Feeling hopeful for today's work, let's see how it goes.

Any news? In patreon there is version, Sunville v0.7alpha1, when this become public?
As I mentioned before, I will not specify ETAs to avoid giving people false hope and deepening my shame even further when I inevitably miss the deadline. :HideThePain:

JBelmont49

Jan 16, 2022
The worst part is that I'm pretty sure most of players wouldn't even notice, and most of those that would notice wouldn't care.
I replay the whole game every major update. Your efforts are noticed, and appreciated! Just got to the end of 0.6, and the yacht sequences were a wonderful introduction to expanding the world!

Your hard work is incredible!

cubba

Jul 12, 2018
Hey there. Just read on Patreon you were worried that people won't like the VR events that much (yeah I don't visit P very often).
Just wanted you to know that the VR events are what I'm most looking forward to in your game. They are really fun ;)

4.70 star(s) 39 Votes