DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Wasn't there some sort of line that jake said, that he needed more control over his powers in order to properly heal mia?
I was under the impression it was a tag team deal, where MC or Ella fixed the physical damage, while Jake went about making sure there isn't any lasting mental defects.
It could be. I'll have to check the dialogue again from that part. We'll have to also wait for the update because the MC may have the ability to turn her to normal completely with his "reconstruction" thing.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Well, I'd say the things Jake did were pretty harmless so far (apart from taking over the government).
He was probably just bluffing about killing Deryl and he surely knows that MC doesn't die from a simple gunshot by now.
The whole prison fight was just a harmless dick comparison I think.

MC being able to heal Mia alone by absorbing Jake's powers also is uncertain.
Jake is becoming basically an expert on his own powers and it isn't guarenteed MC will be able to use them as well as Jake if he absorbs them, unless I forgot some lore.
Again, you keep saying that Mia's issue is only her mind. It isn't. Otherwise he wouldn't need Ella. He physically destroyed her brain. He did physical damage.

Jake is stronger than the mc though, isn't he? Jake gave the mc a simple command, "touch your nose" and the mc was completely powerless to stop him.

Jake might actually have even more potential than the mc. MC went through hell fighting a guy much stronger than him to evolve while jake just used his abilities almost casually.
Yes and no. In that same scene, the MC barely needs a few minutes to overcome the mind control. Each times Jake uses it on the MC, he manages to free himself faster and faster. Jake isn't stronger.
Especially if my theory is right and the MC's real power is Adaptation rather than Shapeshifting.

I don't see how Jake ruined MC's life, apart from taking some of Ella's attention away.
And being bullied by Ella honestly seems pretty nice.
I wish Ella would bully me as well.
I didn't say he succeeded. But he did try. Just sending him to prison and trying to blackmail him to stay there is already a lot. Sure, the game's universe isn't ours, but having done prison time isn't exactly a glowing mark.

MC just got the hang of healing large body parts.
But a face alone already has the some complexity as the rest of the body and fixing a brain must be super-complicated.
Even if MC physically fixes her brain, her mind would likely still be damaged.
In that same scene, he does state that it's not like he's making a new limb. His power fuels the body's instinct to repair itself. I doubt the MC know enough anatomy to remake an arm like he does. That's his test subjects bodies doing that part of t he work, he just needs to give the right amount of "fuel".

Maybe, but what will she think if MC says "Hey, you were in a coma, but I killed and ate your best childhood friend, and healed you with my superpowers."?
I don't think that's gonna happen.
If that's your argument to say Jake's going to live and become buddy again... I highly doubt it. I don't even know why you think the MC is going to tell everything to her. He's hiding it from the twins he's way closer with, why would he tell Mia and not them ? Doesn't make sense.

Well, yeah. It kinda depends on how you see Ella's position in the story.

I think Ella is a very clever girl, but not clever enough to play chess with the big boys (I mean Mr. Robot-hand and whatever the monsters are planning). Eventually she's going to end up cornered (like in that one Dead End where Ella dies fighting a monster and we end up dying to that same monster shortly after), and we'll get a choice to help or let her rot/die/get eaten/become a lab rat.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jake's little government take-over puts him on the radar of mr. Robot-hand, and that in turn puts Ella on the radar of mr. Robot-hand.
Hm. You make some points, but I doubt Ella's going to be going down so soon. Seeing how long and how much she's been plotting and planning, I think she's likely going to be one of the long running threats in this game. Maybe not the end-boss, but at least a few more arcs.

Wasn't there some sort of line that jake said, that he needed more control over his powers in order to properly heal mia?
I was under the impression it was a tag team deal, where MC or Ella fixed the physical damage, while Jake went about making sure there isn't any lasting mental defects.
Possible, but that's not gonna be enough anyway. It's not like he locked her mind or something. That wouldn't have causes the massive bleeding I seem to remember... That can only be physical damage. Either way, the MC is more trustworthy than Ella for the sole reason than Mia is also his friend. But Jake being the paranoïd moron he is...

Fuck me that was a long post.

empty sides

Aug 22, 2018
I wonder how the doctor will come into play to be honest where does he fit in to the story?

as far as we know he's responsible for the faster evolutions(?) or giving people powers but what other role does he play?
who is robot arm guy, I probably missed something

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I wonder how the doctor will come into play to be honest where does he fit in to the story?

as far as we know he's responsible for the faster evolutions(?) or giving people powers but what other role does he play?
who is robot arm guy, I probably missed something
Think of the doctor as someone who only cares about his research and furthering humanity. He'll help anyone as long as it can advance his work. He's officially working with Hero Organization and Tiffany's Dad(Robot Arm guy) but He'll help others if it suits his needs. An example is Klaus and his dad's mafia family. He helped them secretly and that's how Klaus was able to get a syringe.

So far, we don't know his true goals but he's on the side of humanity and will do whatever to make sure they evolve(my assumption) and beat the Monster threat out there. It's very reminiscent of the Illusive Man from the Mass Effect series or another series but I'm not able to recall the name at this moment.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
So far, we don't know his true goals but he's on the side of humanity and will do whatever to make sure they evolve(my assumption) and beat the Monster threat out there. It's very reminiscent of the Illusive Man from the Mass Effect series or another series but I'm not able to recall the name at this moment.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
Why do people dislike Jake so much?
Thinking exercise: would people hate Jake as much were he a female character?
Bonus points: Would people hate Jakette as much were he a female character, and Ella a guy, manipulating her?

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
Bonus points: Would people hate Jakette as much were he a female character, and Ella a guy, manipulating her?
Hate will be there. But will not kill them. There are better ways to "punish" them

masonwile

Dec 2, 2019
Hah, I actually like Jake, and I sincerely hope we get a choice to save him and get him together with Mia.

But, if Jake was female... it'd probably mean saving Jake sets us up to bang Jake later. Wouldn't want that. I'd save Jake because I play as pure and nice as possible, but I'd desperately hope we get to offload Mia and Jake onto each other.

Mind you, I love Ella's current character, but I'd definitely hate it if Ella was male.

DipYourFingersOnMyAss

Jan 13, 2019
Jake is stronger than the mc though, isn't he? Jake gave the mc a simple command, "touch your nose" and the mc was completely powerless to stop him.

Jake might actually have even more potential than the mc. MC went through hell fighting a guy much stronger than him to evolve while jake just used his abilities almost casually.
If you look at the stats when jake interrogate our MC the evolution level is still at level 1 while jake has evolved two times

DipYourFingersOnMyAss

Jan 13, 2019
Hah, I actually like Jake, and I sincerely hope we get a choice to save him and get him together with Mia.

But, if Jake was female... it'd probably mean saving Jake sets us up to bang Jake later. Wouldn't want that. I'd save Jake because I play as pure and nice as possible, but I'd desperately hope we get to offload Mia and Jake onto each other.

Mind you, I love Ella's current character, but I'd definitely hate it if Ella was male.
I think getting jake and mia together is a very bad idea after his rodeo with ella....
remember that jake got H.E.R.O organization all over his ass and also brainwashed son of sector"s leader
so no,him getting close to MC friend or mc would eventually lead Our vigilante persona being discovered.....

Reactions: monk_56

GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
Man, I don't understand why so many people seem to hate Jake so much. He hasn't been that bad in my playthrough, maybe it's you guys that keep antagonizing him?

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Man, I don't understand why so many people seem to hate Jake so much. He hasn't been that bad in my playthrough, maybe it's you guys that keep antagonizing him?
No, he stays the same more or less if you antagonize him or not. The only difference I can remember is if he tries to kill you or not in prison.
In all playthroughs, he still puts 1 of MC's friends in a coma, attacks another, and betrays you no matter what (those are the basic reasons many dislike Jake).

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Nothing would change on that front with Jake. If he was a girl, my desire to kill them would only intensify. I dont know why his gender even keeps being mentioned. His actions are why he should die. Speaking for myself of course.

As for Ella, if she was now a dude, it would simply go from wanting to conquer her to him being my main rival. I'd still blame everything on Female Jake. I have no sympathy for someone who has the chance to make different choices(freely, I might add) but still tries to mess with their own group. Even Ella didn't drag her bestfriends into her Monster stuff(at least at the moment).

Blaisdale

Oct 8, 2018

I was always nice to him.
He puts you in jail (I'd be fucking livid over that alone)
He mind fucks 2 people and puts them in the hospital,
He mind fucked you because someone else is using him,
You try to wise him up and point out things you didn't do and he refuses to believe you,
When you tell him is it Ella? Can switch her appearance, he admits to knowing she can do this but refuses to believe you.
Ella tells him to go kill you and get job done.
Even though hes being manipulated, he always ends up doing the wrong things.

There is the point he wont stand up for himself and always needs to be the victim,
Look at your M.C. He was short and picked on.
This is pointed out from your friend in dialog who said you almost had it as bad other than the fact,
he was dunked face first in toilets.
You fought back and in the start, they show you willing to fight (or at least those were the options I picked)

He refuses to fight and take a beating for Ella to save him, even when the punches don't phase him to where the bully and him are still standing.
He could TRY, at this point he wasn't fat but tall and possibly built.

With that being said.
He cries about everything,
Holds stuff against you because Ella said so, because reasons... No proof.
He did attack you first with his mind tricks, Ella points out he had his hooks in your mind for a while.
Attacked 2 others and hospitalized them, to make matters worse he justifies it to himself.

He's given power like our M.C. where he could do good.
Chooses though to screw people over, time and time again.
Whats worse is he always justifies his manipulation even when you call him on it.
He doesn't seem to change but rather hold guilt.

4.80 star(s) 324 Votes