Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
He's not innocent but he hardly deserves to die for being manipulated, threatened and blackmailed by Ella, which is the root of the main conflict between Jake and the MC.
So you're implying that, despite being smart enough to use critical thinking and pick up on clues, despite having multiple reasons to doubt Ella's story and even her little impersonation, Jake is justified to believe her and shouldn't be considered responsible, while all the blame should be put on Ella.
You're way to naïve for this game, friend.

Jake had multiple occasions to doubt his Goth Goddess' word. I'll only point the most blatant one : right after the little stunt Ella pulled by impersonating the MC, the real MC went to the beach with all his friends. There, he's nice to Jake. Friendly. Like he's always been.
"Yeah but Jake could think he was because there was other people around".
Not a solid argument, plus I seem to remember a point where him and the MC are alone, or nearly alone anyway. Yet the MC shows himself to be friendly and supportive.
Does that make Jake doubt anything ? Fuck no. He doubles down on pleasing Mommy Ella like a good little simp.

The guy choose his path. He choose what happened and what he did. He's not a defenseless victim. Arguably he has one of the most powerfull powers seen yet (if compairing their immediate power at their starting point), and yet he acts like he's barely able to exist around her and has to do everything she tells him to.
He was used and abused by Jared. He then got used and abused by Ella. There's no difference. He put himself in that situation, choose to never doubt any of her words, to the point of thinking one of the less trustworthy character in the whole game would actually heal Mia out the the kindness of her heart. She won't. She uses that promise to further tie him down. Two minutes of thinking would have told him that.

Jake isn't an innocent victim. He's a willing one. He has the full mental capacity to understand everything that is wrong about the situation, but choose to ignore it and to double down on that path.
He betrays the only person who put himself at risk to protect him from someone he (Jake) thought was absolutely untouchable (Jared, being the Dean's daughter's boyfriend). And in the end, that count for absolutely nothing.
No matter the amount of reasoning and kindness you throw his way. I know, I tried to reason him during the prison part. He doesn't believe a word of it, or cares, in any way. He choose to believe everything Ella told him without question.
He's a tool. He's not a defensless victim.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Yes she would? Ella has killed the MC on two occasions in the bad ends IIRC.
So Jake deserves to die because he's not the MC and doesn't have plot armor to protect him from the wrong choices, got it.
He didn't do so at first because Ella was gas lighting him about the MC being a dangerous killer that would kill Jake if he revealed himself to him, as well as tricking him into thinking the MC didn't really like him by using shapeshifting.

And now he can't do it because Ella is literally ordering him to kill the MC and will not help him save Mia if he doesn't comply.
I don't think anyone is saying Jake is being mind controlled. Jake can think for himself tho, he has said multiple times that he will try taking care of Ella if it's necessary or if she refuses to hold her end of the deal in helping Mia.

There is really no simping here, Jake doesn't particularly like Ella, rather, he fears her.
Attacking Mia was an accident, his intention was just to make her forget what she saw.
The MC himself has done worse things than force two girls to reveal their tops, such as shapeshifting to trick people into having sex with him, even using the form of one of his friends.
No, you didn't remember correctly. She kills the MC on one dead end and that's when she realized he's the perfect piece she was looking for the most. The other time was only if your were under leveled at her apartment(if I recall correctly) and at that point it was your own fault for trying to fight her while being weak. Unlike Jake, The MC doesn't sit around crying all day while blaming other people for his own choices.

And yes, Jake deserves to die. If the option is there this update, he will.

GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
So you're implying that, despite being smart enough to use critical thinking and pick up on clues, despite having multiple reasons to doubt Ella's story and even her little impersonation, Jake is justified to believe her and shouldn't be considered responsible, while all the blame should be put on Ella.
You're way to naïve for this game, friend.

Jake had multiple occasions to doubt his Goth Goddess' word. I'll only point the most blatant one : right after the little stunt Ella pulled by impersonating the MC, the real MC went to the beach with all his friends. There, he's nice to Jake. Friendly. Like he's always been.
"Yeah but Jake could think he was because there was other people around".
Not a solid argument, plus I seem to remember a point where him and the MC are alone, or nearly alone anyway. Yet the MC shows himself to be friendly and supportive.
Does that make Jake doubt anything ? Fuck no. He doubles down on pleasing Mommy Ella like a good little simp.
The impersonating is the least of Jake's troubles and is not even close to the reason why he's doing what he does. Jake also has no allegiance to Ella, he has remarked multiple times that will deal with her if it comes to that, so I don't really see where this "simping for mommy goth goddess" even comes from.
The guy choose his path. He choose what happened and what he did. He's not a defenseless victim. Arguably he has one of the most powerfull powers seen yet (if compairing their immediate power at their starting point), and yet he acts like he's barely able to exist around her and has to do everything she tells him to.
His power was resisted by the MC, who is only a level 2 in evolution. Ella is a level 4 or 5, don't remember now. If Jake tried to defy her orders she would just kill him.
He was used and abused by Jared. He then got used and abused by Ella. There's no difference. He put himself in that situation, choose to never doubt any of her words, to the point of thinking one of the less trustworthy character in the whole game would actually heal Mia out the the kindness of her heart. She won't. She uses that promise to further tie him down. Two minutes of thinking would have told him that.
She's not doing it out of the kindness of her heart at all tho? That not being the case is the only reason why she demands for Jake to kill the MC.
I know, I tried to reason him during the prison part. He doesn't believe a word of it, or cares, in any way. He choose to believe everything Ella told him without question.
He's a tool. He's not a defensless victim.
Your interactions with Jake must have been really lacking because that's not how he reacts when my MC tries to reason with him.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
She's not doing it out of the kindness of her heart at all tho? That not being the case is the only reason why she demands for Jake to kill the MC.
Which seems to show you think Ella would actually keep true to her word. Which, if that's the case, shows how naïve you are.

Reactions: DrakoGhoul

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Attacking Mia was an accident, his intention was just to make her forget what she saw.
The MC himself has done worse things than force two girls to reveal their tops, such as shapeshifting to trick people into having sex with him, even using the form of one of his friends.
His intentions do not really matter; he still attacked her and is the sole cause of her being in the coma.

Jake was also planning on raping Jess (as pointed out by DrakoGhoul). The MC is only worse than Jake if you chose him to be, so in my main playthrough, Jake is acting much worse than the MC.

GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
No, you didn't remember correctly. She kills the MC on one dead end and that's when she realized he's the perfect piece she was looking for the most. The other time was only if your were under leveled at her apartment(if I recall correctly) and at that point it was your own fault for trying to fight her while being weak.
That's still two instances of Ella killing the MC. Why would then she not kill Jake if he refused to be her tool?
The MC doesn't sit around crying all day while blaming other people for his own choices.
Might be because no one is actively manipulating the MC and holding one of his friends hostage. Oh wait, that's Jake. Luckily for the MC Jake is conveniently weak enough for the MC to deal with him himself, unlike Ella.

Which seems to show you think Ella would actually keep true to her word. Which, if that's the case, shows how naïve you are.
It doesn't matter if I believe Ella would actually do it or not, I personally believe she won't, but Jake has no other choice.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Your interactions with Jake must have been really lacking because that's not how he reacts when my MC tries to reason with him.
I think when my mc was talking to him, he asked "why'd you say all those things?"

MC said it was Ella. Then said her power was imitation.

Jake responded, "I know what her power is."

When the mc said "so you'd believe her over me?"

And he said something along the lines of "It doesn't matter. I'm the only one who can help her."

I might be misremembering it though.

Reactions: Dysphorika

Blaisdale

Oct 8, 2018
And Jake is not so an innocent victim when is suposed to plan to kill Ella himself.

Given the writing of this, that wont happen.
Hes a pure flight kinda person (fight or flight)
At this point its not likely he will try to seek help from the M.C. and he wont go toe to toe.
He will likely run into trouble and get himself killed or down right commit suicide.

I think he knows if he stays with Ella , hes going to be forced into a fight with the M.C or Ella.
That's a losing battle since he(M.C.) knows its coming.
I doubt he will be written to take his own life but....

Hes showing he needs to be a follower not a leader.
We know the guilt is eating him but hes at a point now he cant project that guilt on anyone.
. he has started to accept The M.C. done little wrong.
To put the weight of his own crimes on his head.

I think has to eat at him.
We don't know if hes working on his abilities for a fight.
Its kinda safe to assume hes not and more working on a mind game.

If he is, it might be written into play that he can force people to see things they don't and ignore his being there.
Or turning people just down right insane but that writing doesn't seem likely.
Its also being built up that the M.C. will become immune to his mind control.
With that it seems the stronger the brain control the more likely he needs to touch you.
The M.C. WONT let that happen.

• Thinking Face

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
I think when my mc was talking to him, he asked "why'd you say all those things?"

And he said something along the lines of "It doesn't matter. I'm the only one who can help her."

Pretty close. In the most "friendly" scene with Jake, he would state "Whatever, it doesn't matter to me anymore. I have bigger things to worry about, much bigger things." in response to the MC telling him it was Ella.

Edit: Also, Jake specifically says he believes Ella: "I have to. It's the only option I have."

Last edited:

Blaisdale

Oct 8, 2018

Close enough.
If I recall right though when the M.C. speaks about her ability to change.
His body language states it took him by surprise.
I am not sure if I am mixing up the art work but I recall it looking like "oh shit, I didn't know"

GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
What exactly excuses him from his crimes? Being too mentally pathetic to resist hurting people? Do people see themselves in his original form and think that is an excuse for being a little asshole?
Being manipulated, tricked and blackmailed by Ella.
He has used his powers to freely sexually assault other innocents as well.
This has little to no relevance to the conflict between Jake and the MC from their perspectives as characters.
He doesn't deserve anyone's sympathy or to get paired up with one of the best LI.

Even if there is 'repentance' arc this lil asshole doesn't deserve Mia. He wasn't man enough to protect her-
Whether or not he deserves Mia is her own prerogative.
he harmed her. Even without the hospitilization he still had every intent to mental assault her by destroying her memories.
A single accident does not dictate one's entire life.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
It doesn't matter if I believe Ella would actually do it or not, I personally believe she won't, but Jake has no other choice.
He has. It's been discussed many times already. At this point, you're just choosing to ignore arguments you can't counter in order to be right, it seems. You just want Jake to be innocent real bad for some reason or other. You want to to not be accountable for his actions and definitely not be responsible for his own choices. You're just going to repeat "It's not his fault, he's forced by Ella" over and over.

I don't see the point in furthering this conversation.

GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
He has. It's been discussed many times already. At this point, you're just choosing to ignore arguments you can't counter in order to be right, it seems.
Wut? What other choices are those then?
Ally himself with the MC?
A: they lose
A2: they die
B: they win but can't heal Mia
Not do anything?
C: Mia is still in coma

How are any of these the winning choices?
You just want Jake to be innocent real bad for some reason or other. You want to to not be accountable for his actions and definitely not be responsible for his own choices. You're just going to repeat "It's not his fault, he's forced by Ella" over and over.
You're literally doing the same but on the opposite direction, repeating over and over that being manipulated, tricked and blackmailed doesn't matter and that his choices are of his own free will.

• Angry
Reactions: Rutonat

Blaisdale

Oct 8, 2018
Wut? What other choices are those then?
Ally himself with the MC?
A: they lose
A2: they die
B: they win but can't heal Mia
Not do anything?
C: Mia is still in coma

How are any of these the winning choices?
You're literally doing the same but on the opposite direction, repeating over and over that being manipulated, tricked and blackmailed doesn't matter and that his choices are of his own free will.

The problem with thinking Mia can be/will be healed by Ella, is trusting Ella.
I can see her using Mia to control Jake.
Mia isn't coming out of that coma unless the M.C. does it or naturally, its too big of a bargaining chip.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
That's still two instances of Ella killing the MC. Why would then she not kill Jake if he refused to be her tool?
Might be because no one is actively manipulating the MC and holding one of his friends hostage. Oh wait, that's Jake. Luckily for the MC Jake is conveniently weak enough for the MC to deal with him himself, unlike Ella.

Those 2 instances are depended on the MC's choices and not Ella's. She has no intentions to kill him, herself, unless provoked by something big. That only happened in one instance. Hooray, I guess. Jake damn sure isn't big enough for Ella to care enough to kill him. He does that all on his own. So far, she hasn't actually tried to kill the MC, herself, in the actual plot.

And I can't believe you're using the hostage and manipulation card. Did you just forgot that Jake intended to do that for Ella to the MC's Friend and the only reason it didn't succeed is because Mia interfered? In fact, he manipulated an entire police station to have the MC held while he's holding Deryl hostage right now(whether it's Ella in disguise or not is irrelevant) to keep him there. If that's not active manipulation and holding your friends hostage then I don't know what to tell you.

Like, who in their right mind would just ignore their own self and allow all of this stuff to happen to them because the other guy is pitiful in their eyes. Definitely not my MC.

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Being manipulated, tricked and blackmailed by Ella.
This has little to no relevance to the conflict between Jake and the MC from their perspectives as characters.
Whether or not he deserves Mia is her own prerogative.
A single accident does not dictate one's entire life.
1) Being manipulated, tricked and blackmailed by Ella.

So.....basically none. He was under duress during a minority of his crimes.
Most of the more heinous things he has done are through his own choice. The exception would be mind fucking Deryl.

2) This has little to no relevance to the conflict between Jake and the MC from their perspectives as characters.

He has used his powers to freely sexually assault other innocents as well.

I fail to see how this is irrelevant to the discussion of if Jake deserves to be in Jail or otherwise punished. We are talking about morality- not what the M/C will do as a result of his experiences.

3) Whether or not he deserves Mia is her own prerogative.

Of course it is her fucking prerogative- but regardless what the author decides- he does not deserve her. He assaulted her. He didn't mean to fuck her up as bad as he did- but he meant to erase her memories. He assaulted her. A normal human would never forgive that large of a betrayal- I will be incredibly disappointed if W.W. follows such an unrealistic forced narrative.

4) A single accident does not dictate one's entire life.

Tell that to the people who die of manslaughter or the people with a life sentence for their crimes. Tell that to rape victims and rapists. Some things you just don't come back from bro.

You are obviously smoking a special brand of illogic.

Enjoy proverbially suckin' Jakes dick- its obvious you cannot be convinced otherwise :KEK:

Last edited:

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Those 2 instances are depended on the MC's choices and not Ella's. She has no intentions to kill him, herself, unless provoked by something big. That only happened in one instance. Hooray, I guess. Jake damn sure isn't big enough for Ella to care enough to kill him. He does that all on his own. So far, she hasn't actually tried to kill the MC, herself, in the actual plot.
I'll add (since I feel like it's gonna come as an retort to that), that both Dead Ends being Bad/Dead Ends are strictly non-canon. Which means that, as much as the actual story is concerned, she canonically didn't try to kill the MC ever.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
In the prison scene, Jake heavily implies that he is making choices under his own free will.
MC offers to help save Mia and/or look for a cure for her, but he says no: "I'm not taking that chance. I'm not taking any chance." To me, that signifies that he has thought about his choices and alternative, and he has chosen this path since it has the best chances, in his mind, of saving Mia.

GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
The problem with thinking Mia can be/will be healed by Ella, is trusting Ella.
I can see her using Mia to control Jake.
That is definitely a possibility, but so is Ella healing Mia. Either way Jake is picking the choice that he thinks is the one with the highest probability of reward.

Even if Jake doesn't trust Ella he has no knowledge of anyone else that could save Mia and might be willing to do it.
Mia isn't coming out of that coma unless the M.C. does it or naturally, its too big of a bargaining chip.
The problem with that is that Jake has no reason to believe the MC is capable of healing Mia, he barely knows anything about his powers, just that he's much weaker than Ella.

2) He has used his powers to freely sexually assault other innocents as well.

I fail to see how this is irrelevant to the discussion of if Jake deserves to be in Jail. We are talking about morality- not what the M/C will do as a result of his experiences.
I wasn't claiming that Jake should be
4) A single accident does not dictate one's entire life.

Tell that to the people who die of homicide or the people with a life sentence for their crimes. Tell that to rape victims and rapists. Some things you just don't come back from bro.
Rape is not an accident and neither is murder. Homicide can be an accident, and that's the entire reason why there's degrees to it that are judged differently when dealing a sentence.

free from serving time in prison, just not killed because of minor sexual assault.
Enjoy proverbially suckin' Jakes dick- its obvious you cannot be convinced otherwise :KEK:
No, I won't be convinced that he deserves to die, but you're free to do it in your playthroughs if it becomes possible and I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from doing it if they want to.

And yes, I will enjoy literally sucking Jake's dick if the option becomes possible to gender bend him into a futa. :KappaPride:

Last edited:

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Do you get different superpowers based on which monster you encounter at the beginning?
Also, what happens if your corruption gets high?

4.80 star(s) 324 Votes