Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
love this game but sware author bumped his head or something, aint no guy on earth laughing when there gf talking about losing her virginity like she just told funniest joke he heard all day ._. doll ella n big ella need to body swap then doll ella can get punted down the road, idk if author forgot ella is the main antagonist im not sure if i missed a first game, im confused af when ppl ask if mc and ella r secretly romantically involved, bruh she was nice 2 u like twice, ur guy known ella a whole ass year doll ella u known 3 days and u have more positive interactions with doll ella
I think it is not really accurate to see Ella as the main antagonist, yes player decision can make Mc despise her but also make him like her a lot, all choices regarding their relationship are like that, something i truly enjoy since people have very different opinions of her.
Across the story Ella is often a thorn in our side, always making Mc go through insane lenghts to test his power and make sure he is getting more powerfull, but i see her a lot more like a VERY harsh mentor figure that can become a love interest or not, at least until now.
I assume that by the end of the story Mc will have a choice to oppose Ella or bring her along, of course after beating her throughly, i don't think she would agree with something other than her own plans with words alone.

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
I think it is not really accurate to see Ella as the main antagonist, yes player decision can make Mc despise her but also make him like her a lot, all choices regarding their relationship are like that, something i truly enjoy since people have very different opinions of her.
Across the story Ella is often a thorn in our side, always making Mc go through insane lenghts to test his power and make sure he is getting more powerfull, but i see her a lot more like a VERY harsh mentor figure that can become a love interest or not, at least until now.
I assume that by the end of the story Mc will have a choice to oppose Ella or bring her along, of course after beating her throughly, i don't think she would agree with something other than her own plans with words alone.
I have a feeling she is not the villian here, since its implied that she killed the student in her school due to losing control during evolution and not something intentional.

I have a sense she is grooming our MC, and I personlliy don't feel melice or ill will from her, I try to be neutral with everyone since nobody in this game shows their cards.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I have a feeling she is not the villian here, since its implied that she killed the student in her school due to losing control during evolution and not something intentional.

I have a sense she is grooming our MC, and I personlliy don't feel melice or ill will from her, I try to be neutral with everyone since nobody in this game shows their cards.
I keep seeing people try to hand wave this school thing to her being possessed. Did some of you forget that Ella knew this was going to happen beforehand? It's like you guys forgot that she told Christie not to be around for what's about to happen. She knew those students were going to die and prioritized saving her friend only. You can say it was touching and all of that but it doesn't change that she's the one who got them all killed after all.

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
I keep seeing people try to hand wave this school thing to her being possessed. Did some of you forget that Ella knew this was going to happen beforehand? It's like you guys forgot that she told Christie not to be around for what's about to happen. She knew those students were going to die and prioritized saving her friend only. You can say it was touching and all of that but it doesn't change that she's the one who got them all killed after all.
That's for sure. She just didn't want to kill someone she cared about. Just like in real life if circumstances are apt, you are just gonna care about people who are close to you or you formed a minimal emotional connection.
Btw, writing with good and evil in mind doesn't fit an eldritch horror story. Everything is different shades of gray.

Reactions: RevyTwoHands87

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
That's for sure. She just didn't want to kill someone she cared about. Just like in real life if circumstances are apt, you are just gonna care about people who are close to you or you formed a minimal emotional connection.
Btw, writing with good and evil in mind doesn't fit an eldritch horror story. Everything is different shades of gray.
I didn't mention anything about good and evil. I merely gave the full context to the scene and pointed out that she indeed did the school massacre knowing full well that they were going to die. This being an eldritch horror story has nothing to do with that fact.

Reactions: nsfwdemanded

rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
Yeah I'm only talking about the Valravn's follow up. A lot of players don't really care about Laurie and that's to be expected, because characters who can die get very little content.
That's debatable. There's actually quite a few characters you can kill off in the Corruption path, just to gain more corruption. So far, choosing not to kill some of the characters seem to make a difference. Sparing Danica makes it possible to succeed in the B rank Hunt, and earns you Danica affection. Historically if you can build Affection on a girl, then there will eventually be H-scenes with her. Sparing Jake seems to make it possible for Mia to fully regain her memories at the Bonfire event. Not killing Christie is mandatory to avoid a Dead End. Not killing Demi keeps her path open & is required for the Clover Demi H-scene, Sparing Clover (from Death or jail) grants +2 Demi affection & is required for the Clover Demi H-scene. Not killing cops during the Mall event is required to unlock a later Brianna sex scene It's speculative, but I would not be surprised if saving Laurie, a superhuman with CC abilities, and special requirements to save, winds up paying dividends in the long run. Not unlike beating Valravn without Brianna's help.

2) If the player has not met Aglaecwif while in possession of the eye, it may become relevant the next time he meets her. Since this meeting will take place at a later time, and MC will be more powerful, I think that a +10 power / +3 skill will not cut it. So I expect that if this scenario happens, the rewards will end up being more significant, which may change the optimal path for max stats.
What you're saying is purely speculation. There are other points in the game, particularly on Corruption path, where you get a Dead End, but also a lot of interesting lore. I'm referring to the early Ella fight where you actually beat her and you encounter the monster that turned you into a Superhuman, and then an Unknown entity kills it, surprising even Ella. The other case is the Lvl 3 evolution, where it's possible to ask the Eye entity a question, get denied, then say Yes, then die and come back for a lot of interesting lore. In both cases, there's no payoff to unlocking it (aside from the exclusive Ella sex scene), because you obviously die shortly after, but it's the only way to get that lore.

Overall, I think the rewards for keeping certain characters alive and getting the best ending from fights has a bigger payoff than collecting lore. And it will probably continue to have a greater payoff moving forward. So far, the game has snowballed the effects of good choices even from early game (like the 1st Michael fight). Those small advantages and choices wind up making a big difference in major fight outcomes. I would not be surprised if the story's true ending, depends on getting ideal outcomes and meeting very demanding stat cutoffs.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
I didn't mention anything about good and evil. I merely gave the full context to the scene and pointed out that she indeed did the school massacre knowing full well that they were going to die. This being an eldritch horror story has nothing to do with that fact.
I think she indeed knew what would happen the main clue being how she asked Christie to not attend the party, i think it is important to acknowledge what characters did to understand them better. Instead of thinking that she was just minding her business and BOOM, evolution out of nowhere, no she knew it would be dangerous to her friend, she went there and killed all those people, only stopping to protect her friend.
If you can accept that and like the character or not is a personal choice.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DrakoGhoul

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
That's debatable. There's actually quite a few characters you can kill off in the Corruption path, just to gain more corruption. So far, choosing not to kill some of the characters seem to make a difference. Sparing Danica makes it possible to succeed in the B rank Hunt, and earns you Danica affection. Historically if you can build Affection on a girl, then there will eventually be H-scenes with her. Sparing Jake seems to make it possible for Mia to fully regain her memories at the Bonfire event. Not killing Christie is mandatory to avoid a Dead End. Not killing Demi keeps her path open & is required for the Clover Demi H-scene, Sparing Clover (from Death or jail) grants +2 Demi affection & is required for the Clover Demi H-scene. It's speculative, but I would not be surprised if saving Laurie, a superhuman with CC abilities, and special requirements to save, winds up paying dividends in the long run. Not unlike beating Valravn without Brianna's help.
You can beat the Gorgon without Danica, Deryl takes her place.
You can give Mia her memories back without Jake, MC uses the consumed memories.

Even if you kill Danica, it's possible to get a scene, although it's a dream sequence.
There is an indication that Bailey will make a reappearence in the future, despite MC eating her.

So generally even if you kill certain characters, the game finds a way to replace their content with something interesting, depending on how they die. It's not necessary that keeping them alive will give you better content.

Additionally the Eye forewarns that MC will not attain the heights of power if he doesn't consume. Being powerful & corrupted could be a good end, despite not being "morally good".

In any case, despite some new content, characters that can die get significantly less content than those who can't. Angelina and Demi had as much content as Liz, Amber and Emily before HERO, and they are superhumans, however their content is minimal compared to the latter 3 after HERO.

Lastly, it's not really debatable and I don't make a case for letting her die. There are many people in this forum that didn't care about Laurie at all before WW patched the game to allow for the 100 power check. Between Aglaecwif and Laurie, Laurie generally did not measure very well. Lastly, if you don't follow a walkthrough or haven't played the game multiple times, good luck saving Laurie. It's unlikely to happen.

What you're saying is purely speculation. There are other points in the game, particularly on Corruption path, where you get a Dead End, but also a lot of interesting lore. I'm referring to the early Ella fight where you actually beat her and you encounter the monster that turned you into a Superhuman, and then an Unknown entity kills it, surprising even Ella. The other case is the Lvl 3 evolution, where it's possible to ask the Eye entity a question, get denied, then say Yes, then die and come back for a lot of interesting lore. In both cases, there's no payoff to unlocking it (aside from the exclusive Ella sex scene), because you obviously die shortly after, but it's the only way to get that lore.
Anything that was speculation on my part was mentioned as speculation. For the rest of your point I'm not really sure what are you answering to. All I'm saying is that if you don't meet Aglaecwif while possessing the eye, it's probable that it will become relevant at a next meeting, giving you a bigger reward than what you'd get the first time.

Overall, I think the rewards for keeping certain characters alive and getting the best ending from fights has a bigger payoff than collecting lore. And it will probably continue to have a greater payoff moving forward. So far, the game has snowballed the effects of good choices even from early game (like the 1st Michael fight). Those small advantages and choices wind up making a difference in fight outcomes. I would not be surprised if the story's true ending, depends on getting ideal outcomes and requires meeting very demanding stat cutoffs.
This premise is very biased. You claim that the good effects snowball but this never happens in the game.
1) Why would you even categorize the Michael fight as good or bad choice? Power vs Skill is not an ethical dilemma in any shape or form.
2) You lose many opportunities for power if you don't make criminal decisions. A perfectly ethical MC will end up having notably less power than a criminal one.
3) The only stat that snowballs is corruption, because it's possible to get locked out of corruption if you don't have enough of it, and corruption gates by far the most content and has the most conditional checks.

Last edited:

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I think she indeed knew what would happen the main clue being how she asked Christie to not attend the party, i think it is important to acknowledge what characters did to understand them better. Instead of thinking that she was just minding her business and BOOM, evolution out of nowhere, no she knew it would be dangerous to her friend, she went there and killed all those people, only stopping to protect her friend.
If you can accept that and like the character or not is a personal choice.
That's pretty much what I said in my original response and my point. Some would like you to believe that Ella was possessed and wouldn't do that intentionally. Unfortunately for them, it was Ella's intention to kill them all. Only letting Christie live because they're friends. It's a fact that she went to the school knowing full well that everyone was going to die that day. She even told Christie specifically to not be there for what's about to happen.

That's why giving full context is important. If you only looked at her scene from this update, you would perceive her as being a victim of the 4th. Only, with the full context from prior scenes, you'll realize that this was all done on purpose by her. She wanted to reach Level 3 and was willing to sacrifice many people for it. Too bad her, she couldn't kill Christie and ended up as a failure. This also likely means she will never reach her full potential, since she failed an evolution requirement early on.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Young Ella pondered about murder and Christie's memories make it look like she was preparing herself for the massacre. However that doesn't necessarily mean that she wanted it to happen. It could easily be something inevitable and she was trying to rationalize it in order to not go crazy.

The best indication I have for this is the blood tears. However, despite how much I like Ella, she is a fucking criminal, so it won't surprise me if she actually wanted this.

Reactions: SquallofNight

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Love coomers getting mad that girls have sex with anybody other than them while they fuck everything they can including a character who is canonically neither/either or sex? (demi), a monster (who is called a whore by other monsters), Jared (you messed around with him as Liz early on), and a characters brain

but no her saying she enjoys pleasure it too far!!!!11!! :KEK:

The update itself was good but this cliffhanger is rougher than we've had in a while

Edit: Ella is clearly a criminal/bad person even if she felt really really bad about killing all the private school kids/was forced to do it to set things in motion (im siding with Ella as soon as the game gives me the damn choice)

Last edited:

rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
Even if you kill Danica, it's possible to get a scene, although it's a dream sequence.

In any case, despite some new content, characters that can die get significantly less content than those who can't. Angelina and Demi had as much content as Liz, Amber and Emily before HERO, and they are superhumans, however their content is minimal compared to the latter 3 after HERO.
Yeah, but you're speculating that she will never have additional scenes that require her to be alive. I literally said: "Historically girls that you could build affection on, will result in scenes". That's been true. Even if there are less scenes, Angelina and Demi still do have scenes and you'd be missing out on them by letting them die.

You're also speculating that keeping them alive will not have any bearing on future outcomes. That is a baseless speculation. Unless you know exactly how the story will go, you're just speculating out of your ass that the "killable" characters will NOT affect future outcomes.

Additionally the Eye forewarns that MC will not attain the heights of power if he doesn't consume. Being powerful & corrupted could be a good end, despite not being "morally good".
I don't know what point trying to make here. If you're trying to say Corruption route can still unlock a good end, then yes I agree. But that's not what we were discussing. The game has made it possible to consume monster parts without gaining corruption as long as we keep wearing the helmet (as seen when Xanthe gave us the monster heart). So it's equally plausible to consume to gain power, without any corruption.

Lastly, it's not really debatable and I don't make a case for letting her die. There are many people in this forum that didn't care about Laurie at all before WW patched the game to allow for the 100 power check. Between Aglaecwif and Laurie, Laurie generally did not measure very well. Lastly, if you don't follow a walkthrough or haven't played the game multiple times, good luck saving Laurie. It's unlikely to happen.
The 100 Power check is related to the Deryl fight. The 28 Skill check is related to Laurie. These are separate checks. The fact that you don't know that, tells me that you didn't meet the stat requirements. Is it so hard to admit that you might have missed some stat points on your playthrough? Either way, you don't have a leg to stand on here, because you're arguing with someone who has literally done it on both routes.
Of course it's not likely the average player will get the optimal fight for Monster Deryl, save Laurie, or even beat Valravn without Brianna help, but that doesn't mean that achieving better outcomes and rewards won't make a difference. The snowball effect I was referring to applies to small decisions like the Michael fight where misallocating even 1 point seems to make all the difference when it comes to major fight outcomes. Like when we were calculating Skill requirement for Valravn in the Corruption, assuming you picked Eye. You'd be 1 Skill short of 19 if you chose Strength approach to the Michael fight. I thought that was pretty obvious

This premise is very biased. You claim that the good effects snowball but this never happens in the game.
1) Why would you even categorize the Michael fight as good or bad choice? Power vs Skill is not an ethical dilemma in any shape or form.
2) You lose many opportunities for power if you don't make criminal decisions. A perfectly ethical MC will end up having notably less power than a criminal one.
3) The only stat that snowballs is corruption, because it's possible to get locked out of corruption if you don't have enough of it, and corruption gates by far the most content and has the most conditional checks.
You're saying that only corruption snowballs. Alright, then what about all these non-corruption examples:
- Training: Minyak fight. Choosing the correct options give (+2 power, +2 skill), other wise it's (+1 power, +1 skill). Missing out on those stats will make a difference for the Valravn fight, the Monster Deryl fight, saving Laurie and future stat checks. Don't get me wrong, you can still complete the fights, but you will miss out on (Valravn extra lore, +3 Deryl affection, and saving Laurie)
- Not picking Horn from the shopkeeper (+10 power) makes it impossible to reach 100 Power for Purity path in time for Monster Deryl fight
- Not picking "Right" to the fight Red light monster and not picking "Try to overcome it's power" means you miss out on (+5 Power +3 Skill). This and the Horn makes all the difference in the world for Purity path in the Monster Deryl fight and saving Laurie. It also affects the Corruption path because taking this path gives you the same amount of skill, but also +5 power.
- Not taking the Tiffany Money reward means you miss out on Emily and potentially Amber affection. It also makes it not possible to Buy Monster Pincer $10,000 (+10 Power) AND Monster Spine $12,000 (+3 Skill) before infiltrating the SIN recruitment ceremony. Don't know if those stats will change outcomes in the final version of that tournament
- Nyx Heist mission where we sneakily broke into SIN disguised as a woman. Failing to be sneaky results in missing out on +10 Power
- A rank mission w/ Nico: if you had less than 28 Skill, you miss out on (+1 Skill, +4 Nico, +$2000, +10 Power)

Am I getting my point across yet? Choices matter AND the advantages you get snowball. There is such a thing as a better and worse choice. And those choices DO snowball into stats and those stats matter because the game introduces stat checks. Failing to meet stat checks results in missing out on more rewards (potentially stat rewards, H-scenes, and possibly the True Ending).
So far, there has not been any concrete evidence to support the idea that prioritizing lore will yield a meaningful reward. I provided 2 examples where prioritizing lore resulted with a Dead End. So speculating that the Aglaecwif lore is more important than an optimal Monster Deryl fight, and saving Laurie is just baseless speculation. Especially since, it's the easier route.

Last edited:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Yeah, but you're speculating that she will never have additional scenes that require her to be alive. I literally said: "Historically girls that you could build affection on, will result in scenes". That's been true. Even if there are less scenes, Angelina and Demi still do have scenes and you'd be missing out on them by letting them die.
I didn't speculate anything. I said exactly what I said. That characterd who can die get diminished content. This is more obvious than the sun, not a speculation. It can be counted. It may change in the future, but considering the development cost for branches like that, I doubt it. I'm not speculating, I'm stating facts about the current state of the game, that are prominent enough to be taken into account.

You're also speculating that keeping them alive will not have any bearing on future outcomes. That is a baseless speculation. Unless you know exactly how the story will go, you're just speculating out of your ass that the "killable" characters will NOT affect future outcomes.
Again I didn't speculate anything of the sort. You are not answering to something that I said. I never told anyone how to play the game or how dead or alive characters will affect it, The only recommendation I gave was that the eye isn't the optimal choice as of current update.

Perhaps you are confused and answering to someone else.

The 100 Power check is related to the Deryl fight. The 28 Skill check is related to Laurie. These are separate checks. The fact that you don't know that, tells me that you didn't meet the stat requirements. Is it so hard to admit that you might have missed some stat points?
Look, at this point it's obvious you are missing a lot of episodes. I have some power point guides around here and various reports on optimal paths and max possible stats. I know everything related to checks and variables and that's not a flex.

The 100 power check, known as "Hesitate", was a hotfix after backlash that people couldn't both fuck Aglaecwif and save Laurie. By choosing "Hesitate" you turn on a flag that allows you to reach 3 derylwin points after evolving (evolution resets your derylwin points) which is the threshold for saving Laurie.

You're saying that only corruption snowballs. Alright, then what about these examples:
- Training: Minyak fight. Choosing the correct options give (+2 power, +2 skill), other wise it's (+1 power, +1 skill). Missing out on those stats will make a difference for the Valravn fight, the Monster Deryl fight, and saving Laurie. Don't get me wrong, you can still complete the fights, but you will miss out on Valravn extra lore, +3 Deryl affection, and saving Laurie
- Not picking Horn from the shopkeeper (+10 power) makes it impossible to reach 100 Power for Purity path in time for Monster Deryl fight
- Not picking Right to fight Red light monster means you miss out on (+5 Power +3 Skill). This and the Horn makes all the difference in the world for Purity path in the Monster Deryl fight and saving Laurie. It also affects the Corruption path because taking this path gives you the same amount of skill, but also +5 power.
- Not taking the Tiffany Money reward means you miss out on Emily and potentially Amber affection. It also makes it not possible to Buy Monster Pincer $10,000 (+10 Power) AND Monster Spine $12,000 (+3 Skill) before infiltrating the SIN recruitment ceremony. Don't know if those stats will change outcomes in the final version of that tournament
- Nyx Heist mission where we sneakily broke into SIN disguised as a woman. Failing to be sneaky results in missing out on +10 Power
- A rank mission w/ Nico: if you had less than 28 Skill, you miss out on (+1 Skill, +4 Nico, +$2000, +10 Power)

Am I getting my point across yet? Choices matter AND the advantages you get snowball. There is such a thing as a better and worse choice. And those choices DO snowball into stats and those stats matter because the game introduces stat thresholds. Of course, that means the walkthrough is important, because the game doesn't do a very good job to displaying everything that you're getting or missing out on.
Snowballing means that something becomes exponentially stronger the more you have of it.
Your only legit example is the skill check against the Asura, which requires skill and gives you skill.
There is another, power related, in the early game, where if you reach Ella's appartment with 7 power, you gain +2 power.

Corruption has more than one checks. You need to eat the thug in the dinner in order to purge Kenny. You need to eat Danica or Bailey early on and kill the idiots before Danica fight to make Minyak submit. You need high corruption in order to eat Angelina's monster. So you need corruption to gain corruption.

What you describe is how to reach your perfect playthrough. Stat checks do not lead to gameovers anymore, last time they did was during the Klaus arc.

Last edited:

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Isn't there some way to lower corruption or atleast some point where it was lowered? Has there been any situation where its best or advantageous to have specifically 0 corruption beyond just going for a pure boi play though?

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Isn't there some way to lower corruption or atleast some point where it was lowered? Has there been any situation where its best or advantageous to have specifically 0 corruption beyond just going for a pure boi play though?
There is no way to purify corruption. You can only avoid picking the choices that give you corruption and wear the helmet, which protects you from some passive corruption gain the 5 days after the third evolution, a training event and some murderous choices that would give you corruption otherwise.

Having high corruption does not force you in any different outcome. It changes a bit of dialogue here and there, where MC thinks murdery thoughts, but he reigns himself and the scene plays as it would on low corruption. As of the latest update, corruption only gives additional content. It doesn't take away anything or change any outcome.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
There is no way to purify corruption. You can only avoid picking the choices that give you corruption and wear the helmet, which protects you from some passive corruption gain the 5 days after the third evolution, a training event and some murderous choices that would give you corruption otherwise.

Having high corruption does not force you in any different outcome. It changes a bit of dialogue here and there, where MC thinks murdery thoughts, but he reigns himself and the scene plays as it would on low corruption. As of the latest update, corruption only gives additional content. It doesn't take away anything or change any outcome.
Ah the helmet preventing corruption gain is what I was thinking of. I knew that you got a bit more with corruption. I knew there was a bit more dialog with corruption but wasn't sure about without thanks for the answers.

rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
You're debating with the master of checks and script surfing.

You'll need this when the debate is over.
View attachment 3079039
Yeah no kidding, when the best counter argument you have is a meme, there is no debate. Everything I've said is factual, even if you don't like it, it doesn't change the fact that you're wrong. If he was the master of checks and scripts, then he'd know that everything I said was correct. He's main point that "lore is more important than than saving a character" is supported only by speculation. There were many instances where he's trying to spin the argument in his favor by changing the topic.

If you're so confident I'm wrong, then tell me what's wrong with what I've said, and state your evidence

Last edited:

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Yeah no kidding, when the best counter argument you have is a meme, there is no debate. Everything I've said is factual, it doesn't change the fact that you're wrong. If he was the master of checks and scripts, then he'd know that everything I said was correct. He's main point that "lore is more important than than saving a character" is supported only by speculation. There were many instances where he's trying to spin the argument in his favor by changing the topic.

If you're so confident I'm wrong, then tell me what's wrong with what I've said, and state your evidence
F-p6wipbgAEJyI2.jpg

4.80 star(s) 308 Votes