Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I don't typically debate with people who blatantly refuse to read what I've written and then try to poke holes at an argument when I've already answered it. None of my points are referring to what you need to beat the fight. I'm referring to requirements for an optimal fight outcome. I am literally repeating what I've said before because no one can read. I'm not going to spend more time pointing out everything you're speculating

1. That's false. If the 100 power check is for Laurie, then I should have gotten it first try on my Corruption playthrough. It's not until I have 28 Skill where you get the Laurie check. 100 power is for Deryl's Hesistate check because on my 1st playthrough I had 99 power and never got the Hesitate option. I have that evidence because I did it 2 days ago. We're not debating what you need to do to beat the fight but what it takes to get an optimal fight. The Hesitate option gives you +3 Deryl points. I already said that, so I'm not wrong

2. I already mentioned what Tiffany money is about. It's necessary if you want maximum Emily and Amber affection. If you say that's false, then you are a liar. I said that you also need it if you want to buy Monster Pincer and Spine

3. Either way that's still a loss and it proves that corruption isn't the only thing that snowballs. My point is that stats snowball because you need enough stats to pass the stat check to get more stats. Missing stat points means that you might miss out on future stat checks, which was my whole point. I'm not going to debate what snowballing means.

4. It depends on what path. You don't even bother to mention the path. If you read what I said, you'd know I clearly said you can get 100 power without horn on the corruption path. BUT you will still be short 3 Skill from being at 28 Skill. I specifically mentioned that you need Horn and Red Light monster to reach 100+ power on Purity Path. How was I wrong?

5. That's fine, but I never talked about Jake or the prison. If relationship points are not that important, then how come there's a stat check on one of Brianna's H-scenes where you need 3 or more Brianna affection? If you do the Corruption route, and you kill the cops in the mall, you'll get -2 Brianna on the 2nd TV interview. Overall the corruption path seems to also add another -1 Brianna deficit compared to the Purity path. So when you get to her promotion, you'll have 2 Brianna points, which makes you 1 short of getting her H-scene. These are the facts. I had to redo my corruption path to account for that.

I'm glad we agree, because that's the point I was making. You are SPECULATING. It's not fact. We don't know if that's significant or not. We don't know what it really means or if that monster lore is really worth a damn. My whole point was that we do know that optimal fights have historically yielded better rewards. If you're going to tell me that being rewarded with more stuff is worse than speculative lore, then I disagree
e.g. Valravn: optimal fight earns his respect and he'll actually talk to you
e.g. Deryl: optimal fight yields +3 Deryl points and saves Laurie
e.g. Nyx Heist: optimal heist yields +10 power
Ok, this is getting boring.
For the numbered points, you are right about Brianna, but nothing else. And what's that about not talking about Jake. You either care about relationship points or you don't. I'm not sure what you are getting at, considering that you bolded it.

You are wrong about the Deryl fight becase you can Hesitate if you fight the Wepwawet, you are doubly wrong because you think that getting relationship points is optimal when they are completely useless.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Before the hotfix, it was either fuck Aglaecwif or save Laurie. These two choices were mutually exclusive, because the only way to save Laurie was to kill the Wepwawet. Now you can fuck Aglaecwif and if you have 100 power and 28 skill, you can also save Laurie. You can go full power playthrough with Valravn respect, Aglaecwif and Laurie by choosing horn and asking Aglaecwif for skill.

Tiffany's money are not necessary to maximize Amber and Emily relationship or to buy the new shopkeep items. Maximizing Amber and Emily relationship points is a completely useless stat that shouldn't even be mentioned in a discussion about optimization, especially when there exists a choice that gives you 30 power instead. Emily's quest costs 40$ and Amber's 600$. You can make more than that at this point (around 1600$ while still in college iirc)

Snowball means what snowball means. I'm not in your head to understand that you simply mean "passing the checks to unlock content". Corruption content depends on corruption choices and is sacrificial in nature. For anything else, no matter if you are playing a power first, skill first or corruption first walkthrough, there is a sequence of choices that will unlock everything.

You clearly don't understand what optimal means, you argue for useless stats that are not used in the game in favor of booleans, you think that maximizing any arbitrary stat is important for some reason. It doesn't work that way. The game is in version 0.97. To unlock all the content, you don't need to max any arbitrary stat. You need to gather enough stats to pass the specific checks that exist in the game, and there is a sequence of choices that allows you to do it. From there on, it depends on the specific player to avoid certain content if he doesn't like it.

Lastly, and that's the important part because I've already said it numerous times throughout this discussion, I made it perfectly clear that I speculated on the future use of the eye from the get go. This is not what you argued against. Your point was about Laurie.

My statement about characters who can die getting less content is 100% true, it's countable and more obvious than the sun. I don't care if you think otherwise, but if that's what you try to oppose, you should stop. From there on I don't care if a player wants to keep a character alive or kill him. If they don't know how to do it I will tell them, but killing Danica and Jake give stats, and you can get more power if you ignore Laurie while passing the Asura check by prioritizing the +3 skill item from shopkeep. It's up to the player to decide if he wants to maximize power, skill, corruption, keep all characters alive or eat them all. There always exists a path that unlocks all the content.

Last edited:

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
If they don't know how to do it I will tell them, but killing Danica and Jake give stats, and you can get more power if you ignore Laurie while passing the Asura check by prioritizing the +3 skill item from shopkeep. It's up to the player to decide if he wants to maximize power, skill, corruption, keep all characters alive or eat them all. There always exists a path that unlocks all the content.
Wasn't there a screen before killing/sparing Jake where WW was like "hey this choice is important", if there is isn't that the only use of that so far?

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Wasn't there a screen before killing/sparing Jake where WW was like "hey this choice is important", if there is isn't that the only use of that so far?
I don't remember this one. Perhaps you are referring to MC's thoughts, who basically tells us that killing Jake will end all possibility for a Mia romance. I'm paraphrasing but I remember something of the sort. Of course Mia is nowhere to be found, so I'd rather ignore her alltogether and fasttrack a new playthrough if she ever becomes relevant.

If another screen existed in some previous update, it doesn't seem to exist now.

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
Hmmm, I wonder if killing Wang will have consequences in the future... We're gonna get to v0.112b and there's gonna be an update where a character kills off a love interest, but if Wang wasn't killed they end up shanking the dude before he could ever show up, saving them. I love this game, but I wish the universal ren'py mod came with a "skip already seen text until next choice/menu" button.

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
I did get the 1 corruption from Bailey. My low corruption run is a heroic run and that seemed the better choice.
Yea I was doing that same run as my main and only run through the story aswell until i realised I was missing out some bonus content with low corruption.
Too bad we couldn't just reprogram Bailey to go out there and find the other regular black slime zombie gals and lead them to us so MC could build a secret lil black slime/oil monster army/orgy ... Bailey's physical endurance is sorely missed.

Those small advantages and choices wind up making a big difference in major fight outcomes. I would not be surprised if the story's true ending, depends on getting ideal outcomes and meeting very demanding stat cutoffs.
Not to mention it is also one of the Subtle great features of the game and sets it apart from so many other's showing just how much thought and effort really went into its making which makes it all the more rewarding and worth replaying again and again to see every little diversion and path. The elusive "Replayability" that so many VNs end up trying to forceful cram into the game but here it is sewn into the story so naturally.
nobody knows what’s gonna happen so let’s just wait and see.
Saving Laurie might be important or it might not. We’ll see
Saving Laurie = Future Armor fetish content unlocked.
Maybe later on there will be entire scenes of only the ones we manage to save ? Demi and that huge boobs gym milk lady seemed to be getting friendly with each other. future threesome option ?
End game content ? Special version 1.02 bonus content.
Post Ending orgy with the Chicks we saved... jake gets to sit in the corner with a dunce cap.
Am not even entirely joking ... it would add one more playthrough to the list of all the perfectionists.
The Lord of the Dark is in fact the 7th apostle who we see in deadend3 IIRC
This game needs a gallery for the endings. So many of them are interesting and sometimes infuriating against certain factions within the game.

Aha ... So I wasn't the Only one who thought that when Shadow called the MC "beta" it was possibly gonna lead to MC switching to wolf mode and dominating the crap out of her down the road.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
I don't remember this one. Perhaps you are referring to MC's thoughts, who basically tells us that killing Jake will end all possibility for a Mia romance. I'm paraphrasing but I remember something of the sort. Of course Mia is nowhere to be found, so I'd rather ignore her alltogether and fasttrack a new playthrough if she ever becomes relevant.

If another screen existed in some previous update, it doesn't seem to exist now.
Hmm I might be thinking of the MCs thoughts towards Mia but for some reason I'm stuck with the idea that it looked just like the end screens (black screen with WW "speaking"). Maybe it was in there when that update dropped because that's a possible point where a pretty big split could occur in the narrative? Either way I think you are overall correct (with everything other than ignoring Mia :HideThePain:)

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
Hmmm, I wonder if killing Wang will have consequences in the future... We're gonna get to v0.112b and there's gonna be an update where a character kills off a love interest, but if Wang wasn't killed they end up shanking the dude before he could ever show up, saving them. I love this game, but I wish the universal ren'py mod came with a "skip already seen text until next choice/menu" button.
No wonder they called him suicide wang... by being too close to where all of the MC's human college vaginas lived he practically killed himself.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Poor Suwu, great prison pet, but too dangerous to be left near the girls. Can't take chances lol.

Hmm I might be thinking of the MCs thoughts towards Mia but for some reason I'm stuck with the idea that it looked just like the end screens (black screen with WW "speaking"). Maybe it was in there when that update dropped because that's a possible point where a pretty big split could occur in the narrative? Either way I think you are overall correct (with everything other than ignoring Mia :HideThePain:)
The end of update message is plausible and I wouldn't know about it because I wasn't following the new releases around that time. As for Mia.. the game hyped her too much throughout Jake's arc but it didn't keep up. So unless she comes back in some permanent capacity.. what can you do.

rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
Ok, this is getting boring.
For the numbered points, you are right about Brianna, but nothing else. And what's that about not talking about Jake. You either care about relationship points or you don't. I'm not sure what you are getting at, considering that you bolded it.

You are wrong about the Deryl fight becase you can Hesitate if you fight the Wepwawet, you are doubly wrong because you think that getting relationship points is optimal when they are completely useless.

Tiffany's money are not necessary to maximize Amber and Emily relationship or to buy the new shopkeep items. Maximizing Amber and Emily relationship points is a completely useless stat that shouldn't even be mentioned in a discussion about optimization, especially when there exists a choice that gives you 30 power instead.

Snowball means what snowball means. I'm not in your head to understand that you simply mean "passing the checks to unlock content". Corruption content depends on corruption choices and is sacrificial in nature. For anything else, no matter if you are playing a power first, skill first or corruption first walkthrough, there is a sequence of choices that will unlock everything.

You clearly don't understand what optimal means, you argue for useless stats that are not used in the game in favor of booleans, you think that maximizing any arbitrary stat is important for some reason. It doesn't work that way. The game is in version 0.97. To unlock all the content, you don't need to max any arbitrary stat. You need to gather enough stats to pass the specific checks that exist in the game, and there is a sequence of choices that allows you to do it. From there on, it depends on the specific player to avoid certain content if he doesn't like it.

Lastly, and that's the important part because I've already said it numerous times throughout this discussion, I made it perfectly clear that I speculated on the future use of the eye from the get go. This is not what you argued against. Your point was about Laurie.

My statement about characters who can die getting less content is 100% true, it's countable and more obvious than the sun. I don't care if you think otherwise, but if that's what you try to oppose, you should stop. From there on I don't care if a player wants to keep a character alive or kill him. If they don't know how to do it I will tell them, but killing Danica and Jake give stats, and you can get more power if you ignore Laurie while passing the Asura check by prioritizing the +3 skill item from shopkeep. It's up to the player to decide if he wants to maximize power, skill, corruption, keep all characters alive or eat them all. There always exists a path that unlocks all the content.
This is literally the definition of a straw man argument. You are attacking points that I have not even made.

Everything I've said can be fact checked from the Walkthrough by bjhbjh1234 and Ploot Ploot. I don't give a shit about what you think is true or false. I followed the walkthrough closely and have the results to show for it. You can disagree with fact, but your opinion doesn't change fact.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
This is literally the definition of a straw man argument. You are attacking points that I have not even made.
You probably infected me then.

Everything I've said can be fact checked from the Walkthrough by bjhbjh1234 and Ploot Ploot. I don't give a shit about what you think is true or false. I followed the walkthrough closely and have the results to show for it. You can disagree with fact, but your opinion doesn't change fact.
Sure, I can fact check that rainwake's optimal playthrough requires max relationship points with Emily.

Edit: Fun fact, Emily's romance is triggered during the sorority party (the one you play strip poker), and you can successfullly complete her route with as low as 7 relationship points.

Last edited:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Does anybody know what high corruption does?
As of current version:

For the first part of the game, where MC is still in college, it allows you to understand monster dreams, unlocks the "Submit" option against the Minyak and some minor dialogue changes where the MC thinks murderous thoughts before reigning himself.

For the second part of the game, allows you to understand the Hound during the tournament, the 4th during the St. Artorius massacre memory and unlocks deadend37 which is rich with lore.

Funnily enough, you don't need high corruption to get the Danica and Jake consumption dialogue. The most corrupted things do not require corruption checks!

Last edited:
Reactions: axy2

Blizzard99

Feb 11, 2021
Doubt it. Felt like Wang's storyline ended there. He probably ends up wallowing in misery for the rest of the game, apart from one cameo appearance or something.

And yeah, I agree. We really need such an option.

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
As of current version:

For the first part of the game, where MC is still in college, it allows you to understand monster dreams, unlocks the "Submit" option against the Minyak and some minor dialogue changes where the MC thinks murderous thoughts before reigning himself.
Isn't there also another deadend early on where if you are corrupted enough you just end up tentacle raping a bunch of civilians in some building which gets fire bombed by H.E.R.O. agents as they hunt you down as any another infected monster.
Remember getting it in my playthrough where I started just absorbing people brains the moment the option was presented to me. Not sure but I think it was in that shootout where you get shot at by a bunch of thugs... the same venue where Tiffany got the security tapes from.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Doubt it. Felt like Wang's storyline ended there. He probably ends up wallowing in misery for the rest of the game, apart from one cameo appearance or something.

The story of Wang WILL NEVER END

iirc you can skip to next choice by right clicking the skip button by default?

Fanvor

Jul 1, 2017

Right click the "skip" button.

Reactions: Blizzard99

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
This update shows how truly terrifying the MC is to other superhumans except the really powerful. He could be anyone at anytime. How can you trust anybody when there's a chance it could just be MC in disguise, even the people close to you just as he did with Cole and Shen. Anything secret a person says he could be there listening. Like the god damn superhuman boogeyman.
And even if you do find him he can literally tank most things. Gets lasered in half bam! just regenerates like it was nothing.
He's truly nightmare fuel.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
Can we buy all stat increase items from shoopkeep if we choose power from Tiffany ? from what i remembered it was pretty expensive last update.

4.80 star(s) 306 Votes