Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Well mc looking weak asf still doesn't make sense his parents are tall and built lol There has got to be some superhuman fuckery going which prevented mc from being built or mc really was just the most unlucky.
This has also been my theory from the get go. MC seems like damaged goods and the best assumption I can make is that his growth was stunted somehow. I used to think that he monsterfied but now Syla's meddling is as good a theory as any.

But it's set up so nicely for MC to Evo to lv 4 and build up power from there to level 5 where the true quality change is at. From lv 3 to 4 is only about the quantity of power.
As it stands, any evolution can introduce abilities that are complete gamechangers. For example Ella got her frozen form at level 5 but this evolution isn't described as very "creative".

With MC's unique circumstances, his 4th evolution has the potential to completely alter the way he behaves.
Currently MC can do 4 things:
1. Alter his form.
2. Alter the target's form. (Weak effect)
3. Retrieve memories.
4. Plant memories.

As it stands, the only truly supernatural combination is that he implants memories into his tails, giving them limited autonomy (at least that's how Syla explained it). Everything else isn't exactly a "combination" of powers. His memory powered transformations are a series of isolated events. Learn a form by touching, mimic the form by shapeshifting, use his intuition to improve the form, repeat.

Considering that level 4 is the limit breaker, potential limits to be broken:
1. He can implant memories to tails, but tails themselves are just pieces of flesh. What if his tails can also use his powers independently? What if any cell of his body can do it independently?
In fact I think this is kinda foreshadowed. When discussing with Henri about evolution, he says that "you won't always be in control of your powers". It's one of my theories on the "requirements" for the 5th evolution.

2. The body-memory interaction has only one direction, it's always memory powering body. What about the opposite?
While I have a bit of trouble picturing this, it makes sense that Memory powers are way more nuanced than what we've seen so far. There should be a way for Memory to get stronger using Body similar to how the opposite works.

3. MC isn't good at controlling clones of him and uses his tails instead. Breaking that limit could turn him into a clone army.
Lucius has that Power and it makes some sense that he is of Body's line. When Lucius explains how his powers work, he talks about implanting some amount of his power in his clones for them to persist. This is very similar to how Ella made her doll and the subsequent training with MC, but in a more immediate way.

Any implementation of these could fundamentally alter how MC works.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020
Could just be genetics being a bitch, I know a couple that are shorter than most yet their sons are giants (apart from one but he's growing)
It could be easily explained by the fact that mc has an unresolved trauma... like how he got those beautiful eyes or idk how her mother died, wait now that I think about it, mc losing his memory is the best case scenario like, If fantasy trait can make you sleep and dream without you noticing, then how the heck does a memory trait fight? Mind fuckery I tell you

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
Could just be genetics being a bitch, I know a couple that are shorter than most yet their sons are giants (apart from one but he's growing)
Since his accident was before puberty, I'm sure MC mom blocked his growth, and how he looks now is his original appearance.
Also, I was watching the stream about the character tier list around Min 1:43:30, and WW said that Ella's body count was pretty low, and I was shocked. In comparison, consider Angelia, a medium, and she has a body count of 8, which is low as hell to be honest given how Angelica looks.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Well mc looking weak asf still doesn't make sense his parents are tall and built lol There has got to be some supernatural fuckery going which prevented mc from being built or mc really was just the most unlucky.
I mean from what we know so far MC was short when whatever went down in his past (when he got scars/transfer schools) but not like a head shorter than deryl, I would guess that whatever went down back then could explain why he didnt grow much if at all?

Thinking about it syla says something along the lines of "your showing whats inside" when commenting on the MC new appearance so that could also hint towards the same idea

Since his accident was before puberty, I'm sure MC mom blocked his growth, and how he looks now is his original appearance.
Also, I was watching the stream about the character tier list around Min 1:43:30, and WW said that Ella's body count was pretty low, and I was shocked. In comparison, consider Angelia, a medium, and she has a body count of 8, which is low as hell to be honest given how Angelica looks.
It makes sense IMO she wasnt the "same" ella before she became superhuman, then she was focused on creating the ultimate body/killing almost her whole class, then (in the games time) she comments to MC that most people who she could/would want to have sex with would rather kill her :HideThePain:

Last edited:

lg545

Oct 23, 2019
Let speak about Alice instead of MC. I mean she went threw her first serious boss fight on her lvl 2 and before that had couple months of training and fight against mafia superhuman goons...Has she any potential to improve on lvl 2 ? How much do you think it would take for her to evolve? How many boss battles would it take? Who those bosses would be (theory time)?
I suspect that she would fight against female-twin, Carl father and rematch against Michael brother (probably with evolution in process)

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Has she any potential to improve on lvl 2 ? How much do you think it would take for her to evolve? How many boss battles would it take? Who those bosses would be (theory time)?
I suspect that she would fight against female-twin, Carl father and rematch against Michael brother (probably with evolution in process)
When she evolved to level 2, during her trance, the 6th told her to eat his son (the fairy that turned Alice) and that she would make a fine chosen. So Alice vs Fairy dude is a must, but still pretty far off imo.

Reactions: Viniuchi and lg545

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Let speak about Alice instead of MC. I mean she went threw her first serious boss fight on her lvl 2 and before that had couple months of training and fight against mafia superhuman goons...Has she any potential to improve on lvl 2 ? How much do you think it would take for her to evolve? How many boss battles would it take? Who those bosses would be (theory time)?
Alice is an interesting case. While she obviously trained like a maniac, she actually didn't take part in a lot of battles, which is probably why it took so much for her to evolve.
I think we will see level 3 Alice faster than expected.

The way I see it, there is a narrative issue with MC friends, with Alice spearheading that issue. All MC's friends are supposedly pure, so they have better potential for growth, at least for the short end. This means that if any of them reaches level 3, they will probably be stronger, especially considering that they were formidable even as humans.

If MC is left behind, then the story will be about catching up, which seems a bit regressive considering the scope of the game. So I expect that MC will get a significant boost before any of his apostle/chosen spawn friends manages to evolve.

For her level 2, I think she will continue getting stronger in a very mild manner. A bit more power on her hits, a bit better efficiency on her powers, that kind of stuff. I don't expect that we will actually see the progression. Perhaps a mention here and there but no more than that.

Additionally considering that a showdown with her monster parent is a possibility and the fairy is actually a Chosen, it's unlikely that she will complete that "quest" before the party is in position to realistically take on a Chosen, unless it ends up being resolved in some other manner, like Indra killing Aos and Alice devouring his corpse or something.

Reactions: Uriel ☁

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
Alice is an interesting case. While she obviously trained like a maniac, she actually didn't take part in a lot of battles, which is probably why it took so much for her to evolve.
I think we will see level 3 Alice faster than expected.

The way I see it, there is a narrative issue with MC friends, with Alice spearheading that issue. All MC's friends are supposedly pure, so they have better potential for growth, at least for the short end. This means that if any of them reaches level 3, they will probably be stronger, especially considering that they were formidable even as humans.

If MC is left behind, then the story will be about catching up, which seems a bit regressive considering the scope of the game. So I expect that MC will get a significant boost before any of his apostle/chosen spawn friends manages to evolve.

For her level 2, I think she will continue getting stronger in a very mild manner. A bit more power on her hits, a bit better efficiency on her powers, that kind of stuff. I don't expect that we will actually see the progression. Perhaps a mention here and there but no more than that.

Additionally considering that a showdown with her monster parent is a possibility and the fairy is actually a Chosen, it's unlikely that she will complete that "quest" before the party is in position to realistically take on a Chosen, unless it ends up being resolved in some other manner, like Indra killing Aos and Alice devouring his corpse or something.
I don't think level 3 Alice would have any chance of a win against the mc neither do I think the other friends would fare any better than her against the mc.Mc had a decent time to grow in his level 3 now.Before level 3 power is capped.Whereas mc has been growing his power stats at a pretty nice rate and at level 3 even the base body becomes stronger to accommodate the no cap.So imo no way the other friends ever get stronger than the mc they might get real close tho.Now Unless Alice gains crazy amount of power each day at level 3 maybe then something would happen but I don't see it.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Gtdead

openup212

Jul 23, 2020
3. MC isn't good at controlling clones of him and uses his tails instead. Breaking that limit could turn him into a clone army.
Lucius has that Power and it makes some sense that he is of Body's line. When Lucius explains how his powers work, he talks about implanting some amount of his power in his clones for them to persist. This is very similar to how Ella made her doll and the subsequent training with MC, but in a more immediate way.

Any implementation of these could fundamentally alter how MC works.
3.5 Mc create's sentient lifeform like Jackie Estacado from Darkness. That would be awesome.
121871-126527-the-darkness.jpg

Last edited:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I don't think level 3 Alice would have any chance of a win against the mc neither do I think the other friends would fare any better than her against the mc.Mc had a decent time to grow in his level 3 now.Before level 3 power is capped.Whereas mc has been growing his power stats at a pretty nice rate and at level 3 even the base body becomes stronger to accommodate the no cap.So imo no way the other friends ever get stronger than the mc they might get real close tho.Now Unless Alice gains crazy amount of power each day at level 3 maybe then something would happen but I don't see it.
While it's hard to make actual comparisons, the game and WW himself make it seem like Alice would be stronger than MC if they were on the same level. For example I don't see how a level 1 MC would take on the Chimera, even with Clark's power in his veins. Alice is significantly more destructive as a level 1 than MC as a level 2.

It only makes sense that at highers levels, this difference on the physical side will become more pronounced. It's just how the powers are designed. Even now, MC's grasp on the Memory side isn't that great. He had some practice with the more esoteric aspects but at no point during his training he actually used Memory in a combat scenario.

Which means that at this point in time, MC is still 100% physical. Even if he has double the power level, a level 3 Alice should be able to surpass him on the physical side. Even as a level 2 she has enough raw power to threaten a level 3, at least according to Met's narration.

Due to this, I expect that MC will gain some form of edge before we see his friends evolve more just to avoid the "catching up" scenario in aspects that matter to MC.

lg545

Oct 23, 2019
1.we compare just lvl 3 Alice and lvl 3 MC (not his advanced version)?
2.Alice is handle ultimate destructive power - i mean enough power to on her current lvl present a solid threat to lvl 3 Matt (as he said - it could actually kill him and his set of power make him very hard to deal damage).
3.Lvl 3 is rapid grow in terms of power and all basic abilities. To the point where this is not even fair. If Alice already has capability to kill lvl 3 superhuman, then on lvl 3 she possibly would handle such power which would be able to vaporise MC in one strike (basicly as Male twin show - this is worst match for MC)

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
While it's hard to make actual comparisons, the game and WW himself make it seem like Alice would be stronger than MC if they were on the same level. For example I don't see how a level 1 MC would take on the Chimera, even with Clark's power in his veins. Alice is significantly more destructive as a level 1 than MC as a level 2.

It only makes sense that at highers levels, this difference on the physical side will become more pronounced. It's just how the powers are designed. Even now, MC's grasp on the Memory side isn't that great. He had some practice with the more esoteric aspects but at no point during his training he actually used Memory in a combat scenario.

Which means that at this point in time, MC is still 100% physical. Even if he has double the power level, a level 3 Alice should be able to surpass him on the physical side. Even as a level 2 she has enough raw power to threaten a level 3, at least according to Met's narration.

Due to this, I expect that MC will gain some form of edge before we see his friends evolve more just to avoid the "catching up" scenario in aspects that matter to MC.
Nah nah I get what you are saying and if mc was level 2 and Alice was level 2 alive would be stronger still tho I would think mc would best her in fight even though mc is weaker than her by stat points.But my main point was mc having a good amount of time to accumulate power at level 3 has widened the gap a lot in my eyes so as I said mc imo would always have a big lead over them when they reach level 3 and level 3 gain also constantly strengthens the base body stats..Also with MC's transformations his stats are a lot higher than your average level 3 Mc' base stats might be lower than your average physical level 3 but that argument goes out of the window when mc's base body gets stronger each day due to the no cap now.That was my thinking behind mc not losing because they wouldn't simply catch up and mc can cheat death mc has big advantage over others in that regard mc doesn't have to care about getting injured so even if mc would somehow get left behind in the power race because Alice gains power at a crazy fast levels I would think mc would still come out on top.Mc's level hasn't even been able to show it's full potential till now.Overall tho I just don't think Alice and the tiwhr should gain power at as faster rate than the mc when they reach level 3.Ofcourse all of this I want I think and expect would happen who knows what actually might happen.

Last edited:

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
1.we compare just lvl 3 Alice and lvl 3 MC (not his advanced version)?
2.Alice is handle ultimate destructive power - i mean enough power to on her current lvl present a solid threat to lvl 3 Matt (as he said - it could actually kill him and his set of power make him very hard to deal damage).
3.Lvl 3 is rapid grow in terms of power and all basic abilities. To the point where this is not even fair. If Alice already has capability to kill lvl 3 superhuman, then on lvl 3 she possibly would handle such power which would be able to vaporise MC in one strike (basicly as Male twin show - this is worst match for MC)
1. Well I didn't I am talking about the realistic scenario where the friends achieve level 3 and I am going that way by saying mc would have a lead on them.

2.Sure.But it's not the same Mc can attack Alice without getting his shit destroyed Alice sure can destroy mc no doubt about that but she needs to connect with her most devastating attacks.

3.yeah I simply don't think Alice would be capable of hitting mc.Mc with his shapeshifter abilities would be ahle to dodge most destructive strikes of Alice.I can't say anything for whatever she would gain because we don't know.As I said before my comparison is based upon on the current game scenario so Mc's base body gets strengthen each day aswell as level 3 have no caps.I don't see Alice hitting the mc with her stronger attacks mc with his transformations is a lot faster and his base body would also be easily faster.

Either way me and Gt were talking about current mc fighting a Alice who would evolve to level 3.

Last edited:

lg545

Oct 23, 2019
This is contest between raw power and versatility

lg545

Oct 23, 2019
Well I didn't I am talking about the realistic scenario where the friends achieve level 3 and I am going that way by saying mc would have a lead on them.
Well, more likely base lvl 3 MC vs base lvl 3 Alice.
I get that MC have huge advantages in terms of progressing his power lvl. Like:
1)Most obvious one - time. MC become superhuman earlier than Alice and when she got her powers, he already evolve on lvl 2 (well, soon after she get her powers)
2)Proper training - MC from very start knew how to train his powers thanks to Ella with similar powerset and her own interest in making MC stronger. Later MC get his mom. While Alice 80% of her training was forced to think something on her own (well, Xsante probably make some suggestions)
3)Convenient power - MC could eat some shit, analyse it structure and become stronger. Alice obviously cant do so
.yeah I simply don't think Alice would be capable of hitting mc.Mv with his shapeshifter abilities would be ahle to dodge most destructive strikes of Alice.I can't say anything for whatever she would gain because we don't know.As I said before my comparison is based upon on the current game scenario so Mc's base body gets strengthen each day aswell as level 3 have no caps.I don't see Alice hitting the mc with her stronger attacks mc with his transformations is a lot faster and his base body would also be easily faster.
Well, it depends on her range in AOE attacks or new set of abilities (like gravity control in certain area or something like this)

Reactions: Sayajin2205

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
yeah, but what if cole evolve mid fight, can MC still win 1v1? i think he will need help if cole evolves and MC not
Probably not, fighting someone on a higher level evolution high is pretty much suicide, the MC himself turned fights around because he evolved in the middle of them to catch up with his opponents level, it's pretty easy to imagine the MC will struggle to runaway if Cole manages to evolve mid-fight as not only he will be replenished but also at a higher level than the MC. And Cole also has a fancy new weapon too, who knows what that thing does, not many fights used equipments in the proper way yet...

Finally, let's not forget that the area is crumbling, it's the perfect excuse for both having to back off before the fight is resolved. Some straggler from Cole's group will probably come to snatch him before the dimension collapses, leaving an opening for the MC to run away.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
This is contest between raw power and versatility
Versatility is important when fighting a wide array of various enemies, but in a forced physical confrontation, raw power has the advantage.
Since her level 2, Alice became very well rounded. It's natural to assume that anything she can do now, she can do far better at level 3.

This means that:
1. She can stop MC from fleeing / kiting and restrict his mobility with her gravity pull power.
2. She can flood him with enough bombs to beat his regeneration.
3. Her Implosion ability should be able to outright kill him if he can't escape the effect.
4. Nothing has ever managed to slice through her fist orbs, so it's unlikely that any weapon MC can make could ever do it.
5. Her passive barrier should be strong enough to hold against stray tentacles. She will need to be exhausted before MC can cleanly kill her with one.
6. It's also unlikely that ranged attacks can get through her frontal active barrier. We've seen her stop lightning attacks with the orbs, stopping MC's javelins should be fairly easy for her.

MC has 3 things going for him in this fight.
1. Burrowed tentacles.
2. Plate Armor
3. Mantis Strikes.

Everything has a caveat here.
Burrowed tentacles are effective only if Alice can't maintain her passive barrier.
Plate Armor is good to tank fists and bombs, but it makes him weak to the implosion attack that almost killed Met as a level 2.
Mantris Strikes are probably good enough to slice her in half, but good luck landing one. She will just parry with her fist orbs and it's quite likely that MC's weapons will break on impact.

If MC manifests a Memory ability capable of stunning his enemies, enemies like Alice will be nothing to him. Stun -> Mantis Strike and it's game over. But I need to see some proof of concept first. Otherwise the most fair simulation wants Alice to be able to at least react to anything MC does, and she just has too much going for her in this match up even without manifesting new abilities.

TheShelly

Dec 20, 2020
Versatility is important when fighting a wide array of various enemies, but in a forced physical confrontation, raw power has the advantage.
Since her level 2, Alice became very well rounded. It's natural to assume that anything she can do now, she can do far better at level 3.

This means that:
1. She can stop MC from fleeing / kiting and restrict his mobility with her gravity pull power.
2. She can flood him with enough bombs to beat his regeneration.
3. Her Implosion ability should be able to outright kill him if he can't escape the effect.
4. Nothing has ever managed to slice through her fist orbs, so it's unlikely that any weapon MC can make could ever do it.
5. Her passive barrier should be strong enough to hold against stray tentacles. She will need to be exhausted before MC can cleanly kill her with one.
6. It's also unlikely that ranged attacks can get through her frontal active barrier. We've seen her stop lightning attacks with the orbs, stopping MC's javelins should be fairly easy for her.

MC has 3 things going for him in this fight.
1. Burrowed tentacles.
2. Plate Armor
3. Mantis Strikes.

Everything has a caveat here.
Burrowed tentacles are effective only if Alice can't maintain her passive barrier.
Plate Armor is good to tank fists and bombs, but it makes him weak to the implosion attack that almost killed Met as a level 2.
Mantris Strikes are probably good enough to slice her in half, but good luck landing one. She will just parry with her fist orbs and it's quite likely that MC's weapons will break on impact.

If MC manifests a Memory ability capable of stunning his enemies, enemies like Alice will be nothing to him. Stun -> Mantis Strike and it's game over. But I need to see some proof of concept first. Otherwise the most fair simulation wants Alice to be able to at least react to anything MC does, and she just has too much going for her in this match up even without manifesting new abilities.
What If MC uses more than 2 arms against Alice in a fight, like he did with Valravn? Two unbreakable shields wont help shit if you have more than 2 weapons. After-all, all the cephalopod memories and the multi-arm proficiency gained from the vestige would certainly mean that MC has the capability of overwhelming Alice's defenses through sheer volume of multi-directional attacks.

Last edited:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
What If MC uses more than 2 arms against Alice in a fight, like he did with Valravn? Two unbreakable shields wont help shit if you have more than 2 weapons. After-all, all the cephalopod memories and the multi-arm proficiency gained from the vestige would certainly mean that MC has the capability of overwhelming Alice's defenses through sheer volume of multi-directional attacks.
Graviton Impact?
If he can make more arms that are protected by his plate armor, then perhaps he may get an edge. He will still have to go through her orbs which are better defensively than Valravn's sword, as they can cover more area. But every time we see MC fight with multiple limbs, they are either bare tails or tentacles. Alice can easy send them flying with her Graviton Impact.

Reactions: KingBan
4.80 star(s) 324 Votes