IHC

May 8, 2021
I generally disagree with all the ideas that MC is dumb. Even if he is saying dumb things at time and doesn't have a mind for academics, he is quick on the uptake and he has strokes of genius.
In all the flashbacks to his earlier years he is very sharp. The amount of self reflection is very uncharacteristic of his age and he is very savvy. He also has very good control of his emotions and knows how to survive on his own. If I had to rate him only as a kid, I'd even call him a genius. ( I also fully relate with his ability to sleep in class and get "good" grades. I was also a long haired class sleeper with good grades ^^ )

As far as post-infection intelligence is concerned:
1. Despite having 0 combat experience, he quickly adapted to the challenges without much time to prepare.
2. He is very good at applying his powers in out of combat stuff, like playing poker.
3. He managed to keep his identity hidden despite being exposed to so much publicity, as a direct result of his preparation.
4. His approach to fighting Jake was genius and he went into it with the disadvantage of not knowing the extend of his powers while Jake knew about him both from Ella and all the videos of his superhero persona.
5. His mantis punch which was catalytic against Valravn was the result of tinkering and engineering. He adapted foreign physiology to his own in a way that it's not just effective but absolutely fearsome to face.

Despite how "simple" MC may seem at times, his way of fighting is complex and he employs multiple tactics, making him a very difficult enemy to face even without the regeneration. It's technical and precise, even if he has to rely on his regeneration to overcome his lack of experience. A simple guy would just build a big fist. MC's approach was far more methodical.
The mc has the most fearsome, the most troublesome and perhaps even the most dangerous ability any living being could possibly possess: adaptability. As long as he's breathing he *will* return with a new strategy and new plans to kill you and no matter how hard you try, he *will* survive and comeback even stronger (on rare occasions, he doesn't - resulted from fucking with powerful beings). Also, adaptability is also the best weapon anyone could have since you will get better, smarter and stronger. Look at humans, we're perhaps 100k years old in evolution and yet here we are, at the top of the food chains while ancient and prehistoric species like insects, fishs and others are reduced to our food. They stay the same throughout the centuries while we evolve, develop and *adapt* to the changes.

Reactions: adanu and Viniuchi

IHC

May 8, 2021
MC was as vulnerable to lightning as any other superhuman was
It's lightning, pure and unadultered energy. Only a handful of entities are capable of fully absorbing that shit without getting drawbacks. Unless you were "born" with that ability or just strong enough to not feel a shit, otherwise not only the MC but *everyone* will get fucked up by lightning (Also fire, erosion, acid and all those stuff that the mc is weak against. What do you expect? IT'S FUCKING FIRE. It also doesn't help since the MC ability is mainly "recreate" stuff using organic material fueled by otherworld abilities + energy)

OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
It's lightning, pure and unadultered energy. Only a handful of entities are capable of fully absorbing that shit without getting drawbacks. Unless you were "born" with that ability or just strong enough to not feel a shit, otherwise not only the MC but *everyone* will get fucked up by lightning (Also fire, erosion, acid and all those stuff that the mc is weak against. What do you expect? IT'S FUCKING FIRE. It also doesn't help since the MC ability is mainly "recreate" stuff using organic material fueled by otherworld abilities + energy)
MC pretty much explodes in contact with lightning, so his weakness to it is apparent. And the worst part is, he can't transform into something lightning and electricity don't affect, since its his cells that are weak to it due to electricity messing up his control over his power. If he didn't have that happen to him, he could turn into rubber or dry wood or anything else that doesn't conduct electricity and the only thing left is the force of the lightning, which a superhuman of his level, along with his armor and maybe other things, should be able to survive handily.

OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
As for fire and acid, the continuous damage they do inhibits his regeneration, so its not a weakness in the same sense as lightning, from which even the slightest touch would either explode him or force him to focus on controlling his body for it to not explode. Even if MC was level 5, unless he figured how to fix that weakness, a level one Met would demolish MC if his lightning even touched slightly, compared to fire and acid which won't matter if they don't do damage. And the sheer speed of lightning compared to fire and acid makes it all the worse.

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
As for fire and acid, the continuous damage they do inhibits his regeneration, so its not a weakness in the same sense as lightning, from which even the slightest touch would either explode him or force him to focus on controlling his body for it to not explode. Even if MC was level 5, unless he figured how to fix that weakness, a level one Met would demolish MC if his lightning even touched slightly, compared to fire and acid which won't matter if they don't do damage. And the sheer speed of lightning compared to fire and acid makes it all the worse.
Brother, please don't just bring up the lv 1 vs lv 5 argument again. A level 1 vs a level 5 would never work in any universe even if the level 1 has the most broken power ever. The weakness to lightning will most probably be resolved at lv 4 which is the "limit breaker" stage maybe even nullified if MC is smart or willing enough. And even if the weakness still remains a level 1 or even a level 3 Met will get folded even before he can utter a word, and if he's able to use his powers they won't be powerful enough to effectively damage MC

OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
Brother, please don't just bring up the lv 1 vs lv 5 argument again. A level 1 vs a level 5 would never work in any universe even if the level 1 has the most broken power ever. The weakness to lightning will most probably be resolved at lv 4 which is the "limit breaker" stage maybe even nullified if MC is smart or willing enough. And even if the weakness still remains a level 1 or even a level 3 Met will get folded even before he can utter a word, and if he's able to use his powers they won't be powerful enough to effectively damage MC
You may be right, but you get my point; maybe at level five, even if the weakness wasn't resolved, Met's level one lightning would not be able to permanently put down MC, but it is still an incredibly huge advantage. So long as it hits MC, if he has that weakness, its pretty much either game over or MC finds a way to get away without being hit. In fact, I doubt current MC can survive level 1 Met's lightning, as EVEN IF we say Met's lighting wasn't strong enough to kill current MC at level 1, it would still stun MC by making him need to focus on controlling his body, leading to Met feeding him more lightning until MC just explodes. I don't even know if MC can dodge or react to lightning currently speed-wise, so saying he'd just dodge is questionable.

sexoffended

Oct 6, 2020
You may be right, but you get my point; maybe at level five, even if the weakness wasn't resolved, Met's level one lightning would not be able to permanently put down MC, but it is still an incredibly huge advantage. So long as it hits MC, if he has that weakness, its pretty much either game over or MC finds a way to get away without being hit. In fact, I doubt current MC can survive level 1 Met's lightning, as EVEN IF we say Met's lighting wasn't strong enough to kill current MC at level 1, it would still stun MC by making him need to focus on controlling his body, leading to Met feeding him more lightning until MC just explodes. I don't even know if MC can dodge or react to lightning currently speed-wise, so saying he'd just dodge is questionable.
I don't think you understand what lightning does to MC. If lvl1 Met hits lvl3 MC, both will probably be hurt, but at that level MC can regenerate fully from a puddle of gore.

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
A level 1, even a peak one, isn't strong enough to damage a level 3 let alone a level 5. MC has a strong weakness to lightning, so much that at level 1 he got folded by a taser, but that's level 1 and right now he probably needs several tens of thousands of volts to get damaged. Met at level 1, even if he's a special superhuman doesn't have that kind of power, not even in his dreams. As of right now maybe, just maybe a level 2 Met could be enough if he doesn't get killed first

Edit: saying that lightning from a level 1 is enough to damage MC is like saying that a level 5 MC gets fucked by a nuke 'cause there will be nothing to regenerate, that's just stupid

Reactions: SquallofNight
Apr 16, 2020
I agree mc's greatest weakness currently is lightning but saying level 1 met can kill mc at lvl 3 is something else, mc wouldn't probably even notice something hit him at that point, it'd just be dealth with, with his resistance alone or with his control. You can't underestimate MC's tenacity.

But yes maybe lvl 2 can but his already lvl 3 no point in discussing this. Met lvl 3 vs a lvl 3 mc, will end on MC's defeat, met is just to powerful and fast, be it in close range, long range his just too op and It's just a bad match up, but then again I don't really see Met and Mc fighting, Met owes him a favor and all.

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
I agree mc's greatest weakness currently is lightning but saying level 1 met can kill mc at lvl 3 is something else, mc wouldn't probably even notice something hit him at that point, it'd just be dealth with, with his resistance alone or with his control. You can't underestimate MC's tenacity.

But yes maybe lvl 2 can but his already lvl 3 no point in discussing this. Met lvl 3 vs a lvl 3 mc, will end on MC's defeat, met is just to powerful and fast, be it in close range, long range his just too op and It's just a bad match up, but then again I don't really see Met and Mc fighting, Met owes him a favor and all.
Met isn't too powerful or too fast for the mc.Met and Evander had a draw whereas mc was starting to win against the twins combined forces.Met only wins because of the match up advantage because his lightning would fuck mc up not because he is too powerful and fast which he isn't in comparison to mc or even Evander.Met wins simply because of the matchup.

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
Met isn't too powerful or too fast for the mc.Met and Evander had a draw whereas mc was starting to win against the twins combined forces.Met only wins because of the match up advantage because his lightning would fuck mc up not because he is too powerful and fast which he isn't in comparison to mc or even Evander.Met wins simply because of the matchup.
Well yeah but it's also true that while in appearance MC and Evander was a bad match-up it was quite the opposite as whatever Evander destroyed has just grew back, meanwhile Met would just waste energy without any way to gain an upper hand

OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
Well yeah but it's also true that while in appearance MC and Evander was a bad match-up it was quite the opposite as whatever Evander destroyed has just grew back, meanwhile Met would just waste energy without any way to gain an upper hand
Met would not waste energy, nor would MC survive him, for MC, even currently, is too afraid to get forms of electrifying creatures like eels, or else he would have done so already. Im not saying one bolt would kill MC, but rather that one bolt would stun him while Met continues to ramp more bolts at him until MC loses control. As for tens of thousands of volts, firstly that is not the only thing that affects electricity's power, amperage is also highly important when measuring electric power, but its also extremely low for a lightning bolt to have below 100 million volts, so yeah. Most tasers have about 10000 volts, but none of that matters against MC as the slightest of electric currents make his power run wild. And MC has never shown to be able to shrug off even the weakest of electric attacks, nor was it shown to have changed since level one. I'd even argue it might have gotten worse since his power has grown stronger by hundreds of times and there is more of it to lose control of.

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
Met would not waste energy, nor would MC survive him, for MC, even currently, is too afraid to get forms of electrifying creatures like eels, or else he would have done so already. Im not saying one bolt would kill MC, but rather that one bolt would stun him while Met continues to ramp more bolts at him until MC loses control. As for tens of thousands of volts, firstly that is not the only thing that affects electricity's power, amperage is also highly important when measuring electric power, but its also extremely low for a lightning bolt to have below 100 million volts, so yeah. Most tasers have about 10000 volts, but none of that matters against MC as the slightest of electric currents make his power run wild. And MC has never shown to be able to shrug off even the weakest of electric attacks, nor was it shown to have changed since level one. I'd even argue it might have gotten worse since his power has grown stronger by hundreds of times and there is more of it to lose control of.
Okay first of all I was talking about MC vs Evander and Met vs Evander. I already said several times how current MC will get destroyed by current Met considering the bad match-up. Second of all, it was just a fucking example, I know electricity isn't only volts, everyone knows that. I don't know how much can MC resist, I only spouted some number to get a very vague image since we haven't seen him interacting with anything electrical.

Btw saying that now it's worse because MC is stronger is so retarded that I can't even fathom a possibility to how you have come up with it. I don't want to offend so excuse me but you have to understand when you're spouting bullshits

Also you have to understand how supernatural stuff works: Met isn't simply shooting pure lightnings, he's shooting some form of lightning powered by supernatural force so it may be easily stronger or weaker than a normal lightning

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
MC says that trying electric transformations is problematic. However this isn't the same as protecting himself from electricity.
1. Against Klaus we've seen him cut off limbs struck with tasers.
2. Against Hydra Deryl we've seen that when his flesh explodes, it actually causes damage to the surroundings so Met isn't necessarily safe in melee.
3. Against Jake we've seen that electricity increases his regeneration and his resistance to various effects.

4. Met holds his charge inside him for physical boosts. If he starts shooting, he will lose strength and mobility. MC is very good at protecting himself against projectiles, he can just sacrifice basic tentacles, he doesn't even need his heavy duty tails.
5. Without seeing it, we can't know what will happen if MC and Met engage into trading melee blows. It's possible that electricity boosted regeneration and the blowback from explosions will allow MC to trade more efficiently.
6. The last interaction is Met's heavy attacks, like his dragon form. If that's enough to erase MC, then Met wins, if not, again it depends on the efficiency of trading blows, going back to 5.

So while I think that Met has a good match up here, there are multiple ways this fight can be hard for him. If MC's weakness directly translates to inefficient trading in melee, then MC loses. But based on his track record, this weakness to electricity is far more complex than what meets the eye.

PS.
- These reasons are why there exists a long running theory that electricity is actually a blessing in disguise for MC.
- Zack stops MC from fighting with Met because "attempting to regenerate will expose him". So at the very least, it seems that even while holding back for the infiltration, MC is actually capable of at least surviving his attacks.

Last edited:

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
Sure but this doesn't negate anything I said all I talked about was Mc losing because of the match up against Met due to electricity not because Met is too powerful and faster.

Reactions: Dipasimaan

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
Sure but this doesn't negate anything I said all I talked about was Mc losing because of the match up against Met due to electricity not because Met is too powerful and faster.
Oh no don't worry my dear brother I'm with you, I was just a little bit agitated by the various wrong opinions that were being thrown out

Reactions: Sayajin2205

shujuku

Oct 11, 2023
if mc is weak to lightning why does he just not make metal rods that protrude into the ground to nullify electricity? WEAK LOGIC.

TheShelly

Dec 20, 2020
if mc is weak to lightning why does he just not make metal rods that protrude into the ground to nullify electricity? WEAK LOGIC.
Because all matter made of his cells shares is weakness. MC could transform his whole body to steel, but the weakness would persist ontop of the usual characteristics steel usually would have. If its made from MC, its weak to electricity.

4.80 star(s) 329 Votes