OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
MC says that trying electric transformations is problematic. However this isn't the same as protecting himself from electricity.
1. Against Klaus we've seen him cut off limbs struck with tasers.
2. Against Hydra Deryl we've seen that when his flesh explodes, it actually causes damage to the surroundings so Met isn't necessarily safe in melee.
3. Against Jake we've seen that electricity increases his regeneration and his resistance to various effects.

4. Met holds his charge inside him for physical boosts. If he starts shooting, he will lose strength and mobility. MC is very good at protecting himself against projectiles, he can just sacrifice basic tentacles, he doesn't even need his heavy duty tails.
5. Without seeing it, we can't know what will happen if MC and Met engage into trading melee blows. It's possible that electricity boosted regeneration and the blowback from explosions will allow MC to trade more efficiently.
6. The last interaction is Met's heavy attacks, like his dragon form. If that's enough to erase MC, then Met wins, if not, again it depends on the efficiency of trading blows, going back to 5.

So while I think that Met has a good match up here, there are multiple ways this fight can be hard for him. If MC's weakness directly translates to inefficient trading in melee, then MC loses. But based on his track record, this weakness to electricity is far more complex than what meets the eye.

PS.
- These reasons are why there exists a long running theory that electricity is actually a blessing in disguise for MC.
- Zack stops MC from fighting with Met because "attempting to regenerate will expose him". So at the very least, it seems that even while holding back for the infiltration, MC is actually capable of at least surviving his attacks.
Some very good points. MC would probably not lose against Met easily, but the matchup is EXTREMELY bad for him. One good hit from Met which MC can't evade/sacrifice the affected limb, would likely cause what happened against Klaus' henchmen with the taser, but Met likely won't let up when seeing MC isn't doing anything. And unless the lightning isn't actually lightning speed, I don't see MC dodging the projectiles consistently, so if anyone has anti-feats for Met's lightning or lightning reaction feats for MC that'd help.

OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
Okay first of all I was talking about MC vs Evander and Met vs Evander. I already said several times how current MC will get destroyed by current Met considering the bad match-up. Second of all, it was just a fucking example, I know electricity isn't only volts, everyone knows that. I don't know how much can MC resist, I only spouted some number to get a very vague image since we haven't seen him interacting with anything electrical.

Btw saying that now it's worse because MC is stronger is so retarded that I can't even fathom a possibility to how you have come up with it. I don't want to offend so excuse me but you have to understand when you're spouting bullshits

Also you have to understand how supernatural stuff works: Met isn't simply shooting pure lightnings, he's shooting some form of lightning powered by supernatural force so it may be easily stronger or weaker than a normal lightning
I was saying it COULD be worse. It makes sense; if you have a balloon filled with air, and something makes the air crash into the balloon aggressively, the more air there is the more chance there is for the balloon to burst. But I agree its not confirmed in the slightest.

As for supernatural lightning, there is nothing saying it is NOT lightning speed (as far as I know/remember, not to mention tiffany moves at the speed of light AT LEVEL 1, so it's not far-fetched for lightning to go at lightning speeds at level 3), and I doubt Met's lightning would go faster than actual lightning before the limit breaker stage.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Some very good points. MC would probably not lose against Met easily, but the matchup is EXTREMELY bad for him. One good hit from Met which MC can't evade/sacrifice the affected limb, would likely cause what happened against Klaus' henchmen with the taser, but Met likely won't let up when seeing MC isn't doing anything. And unless the lightning isn't actually lightning speed, I don't see MC dodging the projectiles consistently, so if anyone has anti-feats for Met's lightning or lightning reaction feats for MC that'd help.
The way I see it, he doesn't need to dodge. He can just block them by keeping some tentacles between him and Met, the same way he did against Evander (although Evander could actually mow through the tentacles thanks to his power). So unless Met is such a good marksman that can consistently shoot through small gaps against a moving target, or his lightning spear is capable of penetrating multiple obstacles, chances are that he will have huge trouble landing even one.

Met will need to constantly reposition himself and shoot from blindspots, but since he has to hold the charge inside him to boost his physical attributes, I'm not sure if that's possible or sustainable past 1-2 attempts. It will leave him vulnerable and MC can adapt by just making more eyes.

PS. I just remembered that Met has an additional way to fight at range. The one that he constantly warns the others that "letting his charge inside them was a mistake". I'm not sure exactly what's up with that. I'll give it a second look.

Last edited:

OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
The way I see it, he doesn't need to dodge. He can just block them by keeping some tentacles between him and Met, the same way he did against Evander (although Evander could actually mow through the tentacles thanks to his power). So unless Met is such a good marksman that can consistently shoot through small gaps against a moving target, or his lightning spear is capable of penetrating multiple obstacles, chances are that he will have huge trouble landing even one.

Met will need to constantly reposition himself and shoot from blindspots, but since he has to hold the charge inside him to boost his physical attributes, I'm not sure if that's possible or sustainable past 1-2 attempts. It will leave him vulnerable and MC can adapt by just making more eyes.

PS. I just remembered that Met has an additional way to fight at range. The one that he constantly warns the others that "letting his charge inside them was a mistake". I'm not sure exactly what's up with that. I'll give it a second look.
I wouldn't put it past Met to be a great marksman, considering he was trained from childhood like Micheal and was a mercenary, but I don't know if he's good enough to do what you said. Regardless, I don't think he has to put all his energy into every single one of his bolts, or if he did, he can just attack melee, the electricity should still affect MC, although at lower potency over a larger amount of time, with possibly more precision.

Also I wouldn't be surprised that Met is much stronger physically than MC usually is, considering almost every physically inclined superhuman is, even if their body doesn't have to do much with their body *cough* *cough* Alice *cough*

Reactions: Gtdead

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I wouldn't put it past Met to be a great marksman, considering he was trained from childhood like Micheal and was a mercenary, but I don't know if he's good enough to do what you said. Regardless, I don't think he has to put all his energy into every single one of his bolts, or if he did, he can just attack melee, the electricity should still affect MC, although at lower potency over a larger amount of time, with possibly more precision.

Also I wouldn't be surprised that Met is much stronger physically than MC usually is, considering almost every physically inclined superhuman is, even if their body doesn't have to do much with their body *cough* *cough* Alice *cough*
Yeah, which goes back to the trading argument. Tbh, normally I wouldn't expect MC to be able to trade efficiently with Met. Even if MC has become significantly better at melee combat he still has much to learn and Met is both a great warrior and his whole body can be used for defense as long as electricity runs through it.

If it wasn't for electricity boosting his regeneration I wouldn't really entertain this. Considering how much this weakness has been teased though.. I really expect the interactions to be fully counterintuitive.

Reactions: Sayajin2205

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
That's true for base mc form but with the amount of enhancements mc gets through his transformations it isn't true.

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
Yeah, which goes back to the trading argument. Tbh, normally I wouldn't expect MC to be able to trade efficiently with Met. Even if MC has become significantly better at melee combat he still has much to learn and Met is both a great warrior and his whole body can be used for defense as long as electricity runs through it.

If it wasn't for electricity boosting his regeneration I wouldn't really entertain this. Considering how much this weakness to electricity has been teased though.. I really expect the interactions to be fully counterintuitive.
I really think in future the electricity would somehow unlock more potential for future like if I remember correctly the electricity destabilized mc cells and the cells started growing before the burst right. Electricity really might do something good for mc in the future lol.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
That's true for base mc form but with the amount of enhancements mc gets through his transformations it isn't true.
Normally I'd agree with that, the problem is that even if MC can use his best enhancements, every material he makes reacts the same way, be it heavy armor of plain flesh.. Add to it that Met is an energy Superhuman, which means that he should be physically gifted, and the smart money bet on Met being the tougher of the two, at least for this particular instance.

I really think in future the electricity would somehow unlock more potential for future like if I remember correctly the electricity destabilized mc cells and the cells started growing before the burst right. Electricity really might do something good for mc in the future lol.
Yeah that's the general sentiment. This growth that MC experiences when struck with electricity seems like a great way to support bigger transformations and faster regeneration using the Eel transformation as the "engine".

In any case, I think that this weakness is relevant to his Seahuman heritage and not really something related to his powers. It may be overwhelming for now, but eventually he will figure out some way to use it for his benefit.

Last edited:

Sayajin2205

Apr 21, 2022
Normally I'd agree with that, the problem is that even if MC can use his best enhancements, every material he makes reacts the same way, be it heavy armor of plain flesh..
No no I didn't mean winning against Met I am talking about met being physically stronger that was what the other guy was talking about not about the fight just physical ability.

OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
Normally I'd agree with that, the problem is that even if MC can use his best enhancements, every material he makes reacts the same way, be it heavy armor of plain flesh.. Add to it that Met is an energy Superhuman, which means that he should be physically gifted, and the smart money bet on Met being the tougher of the two, at least for this particular instance.

Yeah that's the general sentiment. This growth that MC experiences when struck with electricity seems like a great way to support bigger transformations and faster regeneration using the Eel transformation as the "engine".

In any case, I think that this weakness is relevant to his Seahuman heritage and not really something related to his powers. It may be overwhelming for now, but eventually he will figure out some way to use it for his benefit.
Uhh seahuman? What?

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
No no I didn't mean winning against Met I am talking about met being physically stronger that was what the other guy was talking about not about the fight just physical ability.
Perhaps. One thing to note is that we don't know how much MC can empower the materials he is using.

Superhuman bodies get naturally stronger magically. It's not just flesh anymore, it's monster energy. Is there a breakoff point where no material can possibly be stronger than a superhuman body? Can MC take any material and boost it with his energy to create something far stronger than the sum of it's parts or he is limited to his flesh, which is weaker due to his monster line?

The Eye deadend tells us that it's possible, but still it uses normal materials compressed to extreme levels, not empowered with energy.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Uhh seahuman? What?
If you visit the Vestige with Henri, it tells MC that he is the last of them. This vestige is of the Seahuman race probably, because it accepts the seahuman vertebrae MC offers and can even provide the full memory of what happened. It also mentions their great king which is a figure from Seahuman memories.

This along with some indications about Syla make it likely that they are Seahumans.

Seahumans and Skyhumans are introduced with the memories from the Shopkeep items. We still don't know much about them. I had a post summarising these memories, I'll edit with a link.

Edit: https://f95zone.to/threads/superhuman-v0-982-weirdworld.74436/post-11371537

Last edited:

OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
If you visit the Vestige with Henri, it tells MC that he is the last of them. This vestige is of the Seahuman race probably, because it accepts the seahuman vertebrae MC offers and can even provide the full memory of what happened.

This along with some indications about Syla make it likely that they are Seahumans.

Seahumans and Skyhumans are introduced with the memories from the Shopkeep items. We still don't know much about them. I had a post summarising these memories, I'll edit with a link.
Ah. Probably just didn't connect the descriptions of the items, they just didn't seem to matter. Didn't really read them with my lore glasses on.

TheShelly

Dec 20, 2020
I was saying it COULD be worse. It makes sense; if you have a balloon filled with air, and something makes the air crash into the balloon aggressively, the more air there is the more chance there is for the balloon to burst. But I agree its not confirmed in the slightest.

As for supernatural lightning, there is nothing saying it is NOT lightning speed (as far as I know/remember, not to mention tiffany moves at the speed of light AT LEVEL 1, so it's not far-fetched for lightning to go at lightning speeds at level 3), and I doubt Met's lightning would go faster than actual lightning before the limit breaker stage.
Michael's and Met's fight literally has a moment where Michael tries to use the fact that his radiation beams are faster than Met's lightning because theyre made of photons aka light particles to blast him while Met's zapping around in his lightning-bolt form, and Met literally just speeds up to outpace the beams.

Met's Lightning is clearly moving at usual speed for lightning at the very minimum, and can be proven to move faster than light with a little effort.

OnlineRando

Aug 4, 2021
Michael's and Met's fight literally has a moment where Michael tries to use the fact that his radiation beams are faster than Met's lightning because theyre made of photons aka light particles to blast him while Met's zapping around in his lightning-bolt form, and Met literally just speeds up to outpace the beams.

Met's Lightning is clearly moving at usual speed for lightning at the very minimum, and can be proven to move faster than light with a little effort.
-Which makes MC even less likely to dodge his attacks. Though, I don't think that Met can move at light-speeds, for the simple fact that he isn't at level 4 yet, so there's that. It is possible that lightning speed (or whatever speed Met was moving at) is simply fast enough for him to evade Micheal's radiation even though it is faster, as you don't necessarily need to be faster than something to dodge it.

4.80 star(s) 329 Votes