lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
Yeah, he probably couldn't integrate it into his base form, at least not yet. I was thinking of it as an addition to his armor. Something mostly external, so he doesn't have to worry about his organs rejecting it.
He could easily make a faraday cage with his skin or armor. Now, I don't know the levels of volts we are talking about, so the materials involved and the difficulty, I guess, would vary a lot.
Actually, any kind of extremophile ADN material would be overkill for MC.

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
It seems eletricity makes his cells multiply whitout control and then his body explodes, so by itself eletricity helps his regeneration and transformation, the real problem is that he can't stop the process. During his first evolution he was tazed but resisted the effect, according to his words it was a power out of his control because it was not his own power, my view is that with his increased power poll that amount of eletricity was just safely absorbed, i find it very relevant how Mc's power manifests as black lightning, i don't think i'ts for no reason, after all he did get in control of eletricity before safely and used to his advantage.
I forgot about the black lightning. MC definitely has something going on with the electricity

KKStrider

Mar 26, 2020
That is kryptonite levels of plot convenience and bad writing.
The in-universe logic is at least consistent. All of the things the MC uses, from his armour and weapons to his clothing, are technically a part of his weird supernatural body, and thus respond to its weaknesses no matter what form its been turned into. Anything he wears or uses will dissolve unless integrated into another source of energy to feed it, like another person's body.

It may be a plot convenience, but I wouldn't call it bad writing. It's not even entirely a weakness for the MC. Aside from it being shown that he can take more and more as he grows in power and evolves, by the time he was a peak Level 2 he'd already learned to weaponize it, violently detonating one of Chimera Tertius' heads by letting the electricity it was spewing react with a harpoon he'd launched.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
i just read the walkthrough, how much different is it between Public Hero playthrough and Public Enemy playthrough?

is it just some different flavor texts here and there, and sparsely at that, or do we get branching events between the two?

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
Aim dodging is a thing
Like Mr. Miyagi said... best way to not get hit "No be there" .

The in-universe logic is at least consistent. All of the things the MC uses, from his armour and weapons to his clothing, are technically a part of his weird supernatural body, and thus respond to its weaknesses no matter what form its been turned into.
Ya I was going to point out this same thing. Anything created from the MC's body will have all the properties of the target object but at its Core it will still stay connected to the MC and be a part of him. It comes more from the magic part of the monster abilities rather than the science part.
So no matter what he creates to insulate himself against electricity as long as it was produced from his own body it will react to the energy and explode. even if its a golden Lightening rod or a Giant Block of Dense Wood/Asbestos around his whole body.

I was also trying to think of a solution to this same issue months ago fearing we might have to face Met someday. Eels, rays or jellyfish were no help. But I also am all for MC going around absorbing Exotic Monster corpses, a little bit of corruption can't be that bad. The Lightening monster's crystals did look like they could be a useful.
Unlike kryptonite tho electricity I really think will help mc in the future.Electricity rn feels like a fuel which mc just can't control.
I also suspect the solution to the problem of electricity is MC having greater control over his body so he can in a way have absolute command over his cellular structure dominate the smallest part of his being and force it to retain its shape even while being bombarded with energy ... absorb the energy like a little bio battery so it can be reused by the MC or at the very least redirected with minimal damage.

The way electricity makes MC's cells expand and explode reminds me of how the Alien goo reacted to heat in that old "Evolution" movie. Sudden explosive growth.

Reactions: Netao_Da_Caxixola

Zeca Suez

Jun 26, 2018
i just read the walkthrough, how much different is it between Public Hero playthrough and Public Enemy playthrough?

is it just some different flavor texts here and there, and sparsely at that, or do we get branching events between the two?
So far there are no split routes, it does limit some dialogue or who likes you and who doesn't but it doesn't seem to lock you out of any content. Still would suggest making a save before making a choice there and moving on.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
So far there are no split routes, it does limit some dialogue or who likes you and who doesn't but it doesn't seem to lock you out of any content. Still would suggest making a save before making a choice there and moving on.
"by making a save there" where do you mean?
Can I ask where's the branching point between being a Public Enemy and Public Hero?
Is it when he was exposed at the mall or somewhere near there?

Apr 17, 2024
"by making a save there" where do you mean?
Can I ask where's the branching point between being a Public Enemy and Public Hero?
Is it when he was exposed at the mall or somewhere near there?
You're close. It's during the aftermath of that, when the MC is watching the news to see the public reaction. If you have 200+ Public Opinion, or 150+ Government Opinion, or both, you'll get Public Hero status. Otherwise, you're a Public Enemy. In practice, the point where you're exposed at the mall does serve as a branching point, because killing the cops costs you a ton of both type of Opinion and sparing them gives you a bunch. I know it's not possible to earn enough Opinion points that killing the cops won't guarantee you wind up a Public Enemy even if you were good, but I'm not sure if it works the other way around and sparing them will get enough to guarantee Public Hero.

sexoffended

Oct 6, 2020
He can make tendrils that produce jellyfish toxin, he used it against his first fight with Ella. Which means he can combine his own workings with specific glands or organs; it's not a single nerve or blood vessel, it's a systemic change.

Also, he can alter the chemical makeup of his skin and bodily extensions to a pretty specific degree (sword arms just as an example), making tendrils lined with organic conductors to act as lighting rods then just have an electric energy storage matrix (electric eels power comes from modified muscle) somewhere on his body is something he can do; he's done much more complex mix and matching and none of that is a micro level change.
And that's all it would take to neutralize 99% of electrical attacks.
Producing a portion of a chemical mix at a greater than regular energy cost doesn't indicate that MC is capable of making black tentacles coated in cnidocytes. Poison is being generated supernaturally, without any gland or metabolism involved.

MC's weakness to electricity comes from absorbing it to fuel growth. Both processes are uncontrollable, which produces tumor-like growth and explosion. It has nothing to do with how MC's flesh is structured.

Reactions: Zeca Suez

Dasanko

Nov 24, 2016
I hope the AI art aids aren't here to stay in the future seasons/games. I feel it smooths it all a bit too much and it ends up losing its original charm and identity, the characters end up looking too similar to each other.
I don't mind that it was experimented with a bit, but in my opinion, it's nowhere near as good as the original art.

Reactions: Viniuchi
Apr 16, 2020
I hope the AI art aids aren't here to stay in the future seasons/games. I feel it smooths it all a bit too much and it ends up losing its original charm and identity, the characters end up looking too similar to each other.
I don't mind that it was experimented with a bit, but in my opinion, it's nowhere near as good as the original art.
You and me buddy but Ai art is the future and WW's gotta adapt, and faster art, faster updates too. I mean honestly most of us, or at least I am? are just here for the story, the art also has a smaller part of it as well, but I wouldn't want him being paranoid with his art and take longer on it. As long as they look like the characters that I know, I dig it, also...

Update in the end of the month right? Any updates on delays?

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
I don’t mind it tbh.

Still has a good vibe and style.

OmegaAlpga

Mar 9, 2021
I don't mind AI-generated images, but at their current stage, I don't like them because they are so monotone and inconsistent. However, if Weird is using AI to enhance and be more productive, then I don't mind him using it, but only if the images look consistent and don't change his art style to artificial and monotone-looking AI generated images.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
In one of his first streams he said he tried AI but didn't like it and couldn't get the result to be consistent enough.

He's only using AI to draw some scenes background and a couple generic unnamed characters (like the angel guardians in Tiffany's dream scene).

Anyway, this will be my first release since I've reached the end of content. How does it work generally? Does he announce the release date beforehand? If so, how much before the actual release? Or does he just drop the update suddenly with no warning?

Reactions: Viniuchi

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
In one of his first streams he said he tried AI but didn't like it and couldn't get the result to be consistent enough.

He's only using AI to draw some scenes background and a couple generic unnamed characters (like the angel guardians in Tiffany's dream scene).

Anyway, this will be my first release since I've reached the end of content. How does it work generally? Does he announce the release date beforehand? If so, how much before the actual release? Or does he just drop the update suddenly with no warning?
He said in a patreon post a bit ago that the update should release the 29th or around that time so it's really near

Dmoll

Dec 18, 2022
If you visit the Vestige with Henri, it tells MC that he is the last of them. This vestige is of the Seahuman race probably, because it accepts the seahuman vertebrae MC offers and can even provide the full memory of what happened. It also mentions their great king which is a figure from Seahuman memories.

This along with some indications about Syla make it likely that they are Seahumans.

Seahumans and Skyhumans are introduced with the memories from the Shopkeep items. We still don't know much about them. I had a post summarising these memories, I'll edit with a link.

Edit: https://f95zone.to/threads/superhuman-v0-982-weirdworld.74436/post-11371537
Wait so seahumans are like murmaids or something?

4.80 star(s) 329 Votes