devilsdetails

Jun 18, 2018
I already covered this point via the speed talk. In both of my posts on this subject. If she can't react, she loses. That's if her power doesn't have a safety measure built in that auto teleports her from danger. One that she doesn't control at all and is passively used.
I agree with Drako here. All the superhumans we've seen have a passive function to their power that seems focused towards keeping them alive. The MCs regeneration, Alice's durability, Jake's can't-touch-this field all are geared towards protection. For someone who can teleport the easiest protection would be to just blink out whenever they get in danger. We have no idea what scale of protection the higher level superhumans have. Deus is probably constantly watching his own future and the others probably have their own protections. It probably just boils down to whose powers effectively work on the other (given their power level being similar enough). As ella says when training Jake, if the power level difference is great enough the defensive aspect of the stronger superhuman would just crush the weaker one.
Small correction, Deryl didn't exactly break Jake's control, it just didn't work on him, as the Deryl that fought Jake and the MC was a clone created by the real Deryl. This caused Jake's commands to 'bounce' off the clone Deryl, making him unaffected by them. If Jake had commanded the real not-monster Deryl (which was impossible due to the real Deryl hiding far away) he'd most likely be affected by them.
He breaks the thing telling him to be a slave to Ella; this happens later in the apartment fight with the MC.

Reactions: DrakoGhoul

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
That still wouldn't make sense. Why would Nico stop at lvl 4, if, under the assumption, she was lvl 3 like Clark and Lexi(assumption)? Wouldn't she also take even more serums if that's the case and reach lvl 5 like her teammates? That's also assuming they weren't lvl 4 already, which I believe they were at that time of that Park fight.

No, it doesn't and probably won't at all since the MC himself stated he's building a harem. The groups of girls he's with know about each other(in their group). Alice also seems to reveal that she doesn't care if he's with other women.
But did Nico ever say that she was not going to use the Serum or did she refer to her team as her whole team(her included)?
From what i gather, she never said anything specific, she just said she wanted the real thing and not the flawed one for her team, she never excluded herself...
And it seens like the Serum is not easily obtainable and it looks like they tend to give those to people with manageable powers, hence why they don't just straight up offer it to the MC(might be because they don't trust him yet tho)...
But like i said, we can only know when the story expands more.

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
If all she could do was blink in and out, without means to attack, she'd be fairly useless to HERO aside from... basically being a taxi. So yeah it's pretty much a given she got some combat training to go with her power.
Nico can teleport your arms and legs and leave you as a paper weight...
Her skill is one of the most offensive one out there.

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
I wouldn't say that. She's still a lvl 5 so her stats would still be high, even without training. She definitely received some though.

This update revealed some limitations for her powers but even those don't really seem all that bad. The best way to stop Nico is to trap her in a space she can't teleport from or with a mental attack that gives her temporary amnesia so that she can't teleport.

I did mention speed being a possible way around her power in the past. Bernhard might fit the bill here now. It does seem like anyone with that speed could reach her but it'd have to be unbelievably fast and she can't be allowed any time to process a thought. If it's not, then she'll instantly teleport away or transport them away. She's also fast herself so you'll have to outpace her as well for it to work.

I don't mind her being this broken though. It makes them actually feel like a strong force. With more of their superhumans being revealed, I feel we're going to come across even more special abilities.
I do believe you can stop Nicos power by creating particles around your body(MC can create to chemical mechanism to release spores through his skin), that way when Nico needs to use her power, she's going to be teleporting the particles instead of the MC, hence why her power doesn't work on Val miasma(i might be wrong about how Val miasma works tho).

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
The twins are fairly romantical in their events as well, and so is Emily. All girls seem pretty much open to the idea that so long as the MC loves them, they don't care much more. To me it seems like this universe has a pretty chill view on polyamorous relationships. And the MC sure as fuck doesn't seem to have much favorites, he just likes having them all.
Theres always going to be a need for suspension of disbelief when it comes to harem scenarios, but I feel like so far it's justified rather well. Most of the girls have experience and start out wanting something more casual with the mc. And they end up getting pushed into the polyamory by more adventurous friends of theirs.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Theres always going to be a need for suspension of disbelief when it comes to harem scenarios,
Yeah. Usually, its not even adressed at all. Either all the girls are huge sluts with barely any personality aside from that, or they act like they aren't aware of anything even if they are all close friends, or it's just a "you're building a harem ? Ok. So can we fuck now ?".
Here at least it's believable if you just consider that society is more open on relationships.

bebroeater

May 7, 2022
I agree with Drako here. All the superhumans we've seen have a passive function to their power that seems focused towards keeping them alive. The MCs regeneration, Alice's durability, Jake's can't-touch-this field all are geared towards protection. For someone who can teleport the easiest protection would be to just blink out whenever they get in danger. We have no idea what scale of protection the higher level superhumans have. Deus is probably constantly watching his own future and the others probably have their own protections. It probably just boils down to whose powers effectively work on the other (given their power level being similar enough). As ella says when training Jake, if the power level difference is great enough the defensive aspect of the stronger superhuman would just crush the weaker one.

He breaks the thing telling him to be a slave to Ella; this happens later in the apartment fight with the MC.
Ah, my bad.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
But did Nico ever say that she was not going to use the Serum or did she refer to her team as her whole team(her included)?
From what i gather, she never said anything specific, she just said she wanted the real thing and not the flawed one for her team, she never excluded herself...
And it seens like the Serum is not easily obtainable and it looks like they tend to give those to people with manageable powers, hence why they don't just straight up offer it to the MC(might be because they don't trust him yet tho)...
But like i said, we can only know when the story expands more.
? I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say. Nico said she wanted the same stuff as Lexi and Clark. The serum is the only thing that fits in that context. We know they evolved to lvl 5 via that serum. She said she didn't want that flawed stuff he gave Klaus. Xanthe said he was going to give them to the rest of her team anyway. So yeah, Nico took the serum. Why wouldn't she? She's the one that brought it up as her reward for retrieving Klaus and Oscar's body.

As for the MC stuff, Xanthe said that he only gives it to those that he knows would handle the evolution process. Why would he give it to the MC as soon as he joins?

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
? I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say. Nico said she wanted the same stuff as Lexi and Clark. The serum is the only thing that fits in that context. We know they evolved to lvl 5 via that serum. She said she didn't want that flawed stuff he gave Klaus. Xanthe said he was going to give them to the rest of her team anyway. So yeah, Nico took the serum. Why wouldn't she? She's the one that brought it up as her reward for retrieving Klaus and Oscar's body.

As for the MC stuff, Xanthe said that he only gives it to those that he knows would handle the evolution process. Why would he give it to the MC as soon as he joins?
That is my point in relation to the Serum, nothing points out to what the Serum does, it doesn't even remotely tell you if it reacts as a evolution trigger or a instant lvl5 Serum, thats why i say that we will only know futher down the line, one thing is having small hints and small factual evidence to prove it, but at the moment saying what it is or is not is supposition at most.

Robotai

Dec 6, 2020
Anyone notice how, during the pause in the interview at the end of the update, that hooded guy that crashes the scene with Cole is standing in the background?
He's only there while William is on the screen, and disappears when he leaves.
I'm guessing he used his power on William, which is why he gets so hostile during the second half, and then Cole finishes William off.

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
so nico power is still unknown is teleportation, space movement i believe the second because the raven knight hold its ground is because of the pasive protection it has so interference fuck her power so maybe alice can fuck her too when she can create bigger gravity wells, if michael can create a radiation field strong enough is the same i think the gear she have can complement her skill they look like stabilizers and scanners maybe she needs to lock the shape and general size before she move the objective i mean mc is pretty small so she fuck him with that maybe with the liquefy can the MC counter her maybe she can not lock liquids nor gas. (she is still a cunt)

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
Anyone notice how, during the pause in the interview at the end of the update, that hooded guy that crashes the scene with Cole is standing in the background?
He's only there while William is on the screen, and disappears when he leaves.
I'm guessing he used his power on William, which is why he gets so hostile during the second half, and then Cole finishes William off.
Chances are that the hooded guy is the one that blowed his head off since Cole never really says what his power is or even says that it was him that did it, maybe the hooded guy power is to ignite strong emotions and because of blood circulation the head simply pops.

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
so is

the inspiration for the body or the memory ?
More like Prototype where both MC's can take form and memory of people they absorb and can transform their body parts into weapons, just like the MC in this game.

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
so nico power is still unknown is teleportation, space movement i believe the second because the raven knight hold its ground is because of the pasive protection it has so interference fuck her power so maybe alice can fuck her too when she can create bigger gravity wells, if michael can create a radiation field strong enough is the same i think the gear she have can complement her skill they look like stabilizers and scanners maybe she needs to lock the shape and general size before she move the objective i mean mc is pretty small so she fuck him with that maybe with the liquefy can the MC counter her maybe she can not lock liquids nor gas. (she is still a cunt)
I think Nico power is more of a line of sight thing, so she can't really teleport Val because he has that weird miasma around him, wich means that if she uses her power she is teleporting the miasma instead of him, and since the miasma is being constantly generated she is pretty useless against him at somewhat healthy state.The MC can probably generate or even replicate the miasma, like for example a Bombardier Beetle that has organs that can in short produce the equivalent of a flamethrower gas that can temporarely blind and asphyxiate larger creatures but can instantly kill creatures of the same size.

Last edited:

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
That is my point in relation to the Serum, nothing points out to what the Serum does, it doesn't even remotely tell you if it reacts as a evolution trigger or a instant lvl5 Serum, thats why i say that we will only know futher down the line, one thing is having small hints and small factual evidence to prove it, but at the moment saying what it is or is not is supposition at most.
Let's go over this once again...

During the fight with Ella(lvl 4), Clark(lvl 4) and Lexi(lvl 4) struggled. They decided to take the serum to evolve mid fight. This is something which Ella acknowledged.

Afterwards, they're ordered by Xanthe to watch the Minyak. After Clark kills it they report back to him. It is there that it's confirmed, by Clark, that after they took the serum, their strength is "way beyond any superhuman recorded" and they can now match S Class Monsters. They reached lvl 5 via the serum and he also states that "once the rest of his team(Nico and Deus) and Cthulu receive it as well they will be able to stop the monsters". We know what the Serum does from here. No speculation needed.

Way later, after the MC beats Klaus, Xanthe tells Nico to retrieve their corpses. Nico literally tells him she wants the serum as payment, the same serum he gave to Clark and Alexis. Xanthe tells her he was going to give it to the rest of her team anyway(which mean't Deus and Her) after Zaman and Cthulu. He agrees to give it her after her job is done. She's happy and goes to get the corpses.

Lets Jump even further to Ella's and Jake Hero infiltration and you see that Clark states that "from our last encounter, you should realize we're in different leagues now. We've reached our final evolution" to Ella. So there you go, they reached lvl 5 during that first fight. The icing on the cake is his statement afterwards. "As of last night, there are twelve among us that have reached lvl 5" indicating that Nico indeed took the serum.

You might say "Well, he could be talking about Zaman and Cthulu. We don't know how many were lvl 5s were there and that doesn't mean Nico". I would then just say that Nico showed desire for the serum and Xanthe said he would give it to her after her job so it points in favor of Nico taking it after she received it. She has no reason not to and wouldn't hold onto it after asking for it in the first place.

There should be no more confusion on this. Hopefully this clears everything up. If it still doesn't, then that's fine as well and I don't plan on trying to pursue this topic any further as it's already blatant in the game. Also a small detail, the serum Ella stole to reach lvl 5 was the exact same color as the one those 2 took and it instantly gave her evolution. There's no delayed reaction, it's instant so you have the 3 people who used it on screen all evolve to lvl 5 after taking it.

Reactions: EndlessNights

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
Let's go over this once again...

During the fight with Ella(lvl 4), Clark(lvl 4) and Lexi(lvl 4) struggled. They decided to take the serum to evolve mid fight. This is something which Ella acknowledged.

Afterwards, they're ordered by Xanthe to watch the Minyak. After Clark kills it they report back to him. It is there that it's confirmed, by Clark, that after they took the serum, their strength is "way beyond any superhuman recorded" and they can now match S Class Monsters. They reached lvl 5 via the serum and he also states that "once the rest of his team(Nico and Deus) and Cthulu receive it as well they will be able to stop the monsters". We know what the Serum does from here. No speculation needed.

Way later, after the MC beats Klaus, Xanthe tells Nico to retrieve their corpses. Nico literally tells him she wants the serum as payment, the same serum he gave to Clark and Alexis. Xanthe tells her he was going to give it to the rest of her team anyway(which mean't Deus and Her) after Zaman and Cthulu. He agrees to give it her after her job is done. She's happy and goes to get the corpses.

Lets Jump even further to Ella's and Jake Hero infiltration and you see that Clark states that "from our last encounter, you should realize we're in different leagues now. We've reached our final evolution" to Ella. So there you go, they reached lvl 5 during that first fight. The icing on the cake is his statement afterwards. "As of last night, there are twelve among us that have reached lvl 5" indicating that Nico indeed took the serum.

You might say "Well, he could be talking about Zaman and Cthulu. We don't know how many were lvl 5s were there and that doesn't mean Nico". I would then just say that Nico showed desire for the serum and Xanthe said he would give it to her after her job so it points in favor of Nico taking it after she received it. She has no reason not to and wouldn't hold onto it after asking for it in the first place.

There should be no more confusion on this. Hopefully this clears everything up. If it still doesn't, then that's fine as well and I don't plan on trying to pursue this topic any further as it's already blatant in the game. Also a small detail, the serum Ella stole to reach lvl 5 was the exact same color as the one those 2 took and it instantly gave her evolution. There's no delayed reaction, it's instant so you have the 3 people who used it on screen all evolve to lvl 5 after taking it.
You got me wrong on that one, i don't mean its instant activation, i mean that the Serum works as a Exp potion of sorts and not a Max level potion, like for example, we don't know that if you are a lvl 3 and you take the Serum you will go to lvl 5 because most of the people that have taken the perfect Serum were lvl 4, that was my point and i hope i cleared it as well since i also don't want to drag this topic any more than i already have...
So in short i think you're correct, but based on current game version and the fact that all that took the serum were presumably lvl 4, there is nothing pointing to the Serum being a "lvl 5 potion" but an active agent that skips the evolution process and puts you on the next lvl...

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
You got me wrong on that one, i don't mean its instant activation, i mean that the Serum works as a Exp potion of sorts and not a Max level potion, like for example, we don't know that if you are a lvl 3 and you take the Serum you will go to lvl 5 because most of the people that have taken the perfect Serum were lvl 4, that was my point and i hope i cleared it as well since i also don't want to drag this topic any more than i already have...
So in short i think you're correct, but based on current game version and the fact that all that took the serum were presumably lvl 4, there is nothing pointing to the Serum being a "lvl 5 potion" but an active agent that skips the evolution process and puts you on the next lvl...
Like I said, I laid everything I was referring to out in that post. There's no real need to dwell on it any further, for me.

Robotai

Dec 6, 2020
Chances are that the hooded guy is the one that blowed his head off since Cole never really says what his power is or even says that it was him that did it, maybe the hooded guy power is to ignite strong emotions and because of blood circulation the head simply pops.
I'm fairly certain Cole's power is pressure related, and that he used his power on William to blow his head up.
He says that he could use his power to "pop [Charlie's] head like a zit" when she uses her power on him to stop him from interrupting monster Deryl.
The question is, what power does the girl, Zara I think, have. She's there with Cole and Hoodie. Maybe she used her power on William as well, whatever it is.

4.80 star(s) 341 Votes