Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
During my first play through I went for power when fighting Michael for the very first time and was too soft hearted to pull through and get 80 power :-;. So I had to replay everything, just so Valravn would stop calling me a pussy... During that time the cop girl shouldn't have saved MC, should've ended with an Dead End=you lacking.

1. MC v Deryl. (The evolution trance fight was top notch)
2. MC vs Cole. (Honestly was mesmerizing, Mc using his memory trait a lot in an actual fight, and you get so into it just to see a blood surface outside Cole, hot burning neck...)
3. Kira, Elijah, Bernhardt vs Eisheth and Shen (Bernhardt kicking Eisheth's ass was satisfying, after how she acted throughot the fight with Kira and Elijah.)
Yeah the power economy to reach 80 is insane...you pretty much have to play with a guide or something because there is almost no room for error. I followed the guide and got every single power point up to the requirement including all corruption kill points and I was at 83 or 84 and there are a lot of places where one wrong click, one wrong choice, locks you out. Same with the 28 skill requirement to save Laurie. I don't know how the game will be with these things going forward but I am always trying to get every power and skill point that I can.

Reactions: -Maniackanime-

adanu

Mar 28, 2020
So I was right, yet again. We don't get to kill Cole, because that would be too satisfying to the players, and we can't have that.
Score 1 for me.

And of course, after ruining Amber and Liz, we had to have some deus-ex-machina bullshit, and "they" came back from the dead, but worse. "They" are now an some fucked up abomination. Bot Liz and Amber were used up sluts, so nothing was lost. But even they did not deserve that to happen to them, better to stay dead. Either way Score another for me.

So what is that by now? 4 to 0 in my favour in predicting the way this story will go? Including the two story notes I predicted before the twins abduction: The mc not being allowed a win and stopping the twins from being taken, because we absolutely must have more pointless melodrama, because human characters are worthless compared to superhumans, and Deryl doing jack and shit, yet again.
You know, if you're going to troll, you can at least do it well. Let's see some better lies.

Juan96

Mar 11, 2024
Cole was at the peak of level 3 and still couldn't beat the MC, he only got some advantage after evolution and even with more power he couldn't make the most of it compared to the way the MC who is at level 3 uses his powers, I hope much of Mc 4th evolution in terms of power and change in appearance, considering Cole's physical transformation.

TheOneZR

May 4, 2023
So i got to start over because i am sitting at 47 corruption not killing the cops jake or danica but i kill a lot of people still scientist, farmer, emily father loan sharks, alpha breaker, suwu, long, etc, well the thing i gotta ask by the time of sin infiltration is worth it to do a repeat of the tournament to get those extra 3 power and skill points what change if is just hero recruit i am doing it.

zandalari

May 4, 2019
Whoo baby, great update. Shit will hit the fan next update with the whole Eclipse thing and I'm all for it. Great fights, great lore, great everything.

A level 5 Strength Eater spawn will be a huge issue for anyone. Literally everything an opponent does powers them up so they can hit back harder every single time. Pretty ridiculous unless you can overload them, but good luck doing that. I hope we see the twins get there one way or another.

It's interesting that they apparently don't make spawn normally. I love that the lore has such little tidbits, makes things very interesting for me and gives something to think about.

Reactions: ARB582

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
An air for your thought's on the update?
My thought on the update is that generally it's great and a good ending to the Twins arc.
More specifically: Cole's fight was really awesome and engaging, a bit strange that we beat him while having half of his power levels but I can see it as MC being more skilled and adaptable with his

The design of Cole's 4th evolution is quite fascinating even though I like him without the jaw

The fate of Cole was particular, while from a perspective I find it deserved and perfect from another one I would've preferred having the choice to kill him, even though mid-fight I was starting to doubt it

The rest of the update is good chunk of resolve and decisions that matter just in the short end apart from probably two, not saying it's a bad thing, it's just that I think our dear MC and friends will remain in the beautiful monster world for quite a while, hopefully nurturing the powers and maybe when they get out some will hit the next evolution stage

Apart from these things there are several little things that don't really matter much and seeing as I'm not really a perfect reviewer I'll stop here.

Though the sex scenes were great

• Red Heart
Reactions: -Maniackanime-

gargamel44

May 11, 2023
I think our dear MC and friends will remain in the beautiful monster world for quite a while, hopefully nurturing the powers and maybe when they get out some will hit the next evolution stage

Though the sex scenes were great
A good ol' timeskip would do wonders tbh but knowing that other characters will get powers too (like Emily or Claudia) it probably would be best if the timeskip is done so everyone who will start off late has a chance to at least be stage 3 before MC reaches his fifth. But who knows maybe we get more than one timeskip.

gargamel44

May 11, 2023
Btw do you know if WW uses any app or AI for the early backgrounds? I feel like I've seen the same aesthetic somewhere else and it certainly feels a bit pc generated.

JustADude321

Feb 23, 2018
So, on one hand, Cole's fight leads me to believe that level 4 evolutions work in a similar way to One Piece's awakaned devil fruits, in that they "externalize" powers that are mostly internal and individual. Which leads me to believe that once MC evolves, he could perhaps alter the form of other people and things as well as his own... and maybe alter memories as well which would be fucked up and maybe reserved for 5. This could mean that he could help Liz and Amber separate once more.

Now, on the other hand, the fact that WW explicitly gave Liz and Amber a way to switch between one another, and hinted at them eventually being able to do it without the earring during the Shopkeeper interaction, also kinda leads me to believe that the twins' change is permanent, or at least long term. Either this means that I'm talking out of my ass and the level 4 transformation will evolve MC's powers in some other way, that even if he does evolve in such a way he won't be able to revert Tanos' procedure, or that we're a long, long way from a new evolution.

Or maybe something else entirely, I'm just speculating. Game's great though.

JustADude321

Feb 23, 2018
Btw do you know if WW uses any app or AI for the early backgrounds? I feel like I've seen the same aesthetic somewhere else and it certainly feels a bit pc generated.
Funny, I feel the same way about the latest artworks, definitively not the fight CGs or the weirder stuff but the sex scenes kinda look AI generated to me. I personally don't mind it, he seems to be using his own artwork as training data, and they're not low quality so it doesn't distract me too much aside from a note in my brain, so hey, if it means faster updates I'm all in for it.

lg545

Oct 23, 2019
Read what I wrote, that time I was talking about what he did in the fight when the twins were taken. Wich is exactly that, jack and shit. One time being useful does not negate the amount of times he was a useless waste of air or worse.
As MC said - it does not matter. Shen would fuck them up there no matter what Deryl could possibly do there

Reactions: GaRbS

gargamel44

May 11, 2023
Funny, I feel the same way about the latest artworks, definitively not the fight CGs or the weirder stuff but the sex scenes kinda look AI generated to me. I personally don't mind it, he seems to be using his own artwork as training data, and they're not low quality so it doesn't distract me too much aside from a note in my brain, so hey, if it means faster updates I'm all in for it.
It's a 50/50 situation for me. They do look authentic because yeah, he's using his own art. But at the same time all of the models look kind of the same. I did like the new Amber/Liz design after shit happened though, it actually felt different even if the make up is the same for everyone. Maybe it's the ear peeking out from the hair?

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
A good ol' timeskip would do wonders tbh but knowing that other characters will get powers too (like Emily or Claudia) it probably would be best if the timeskip is done so everyone who will start off late has a chance to at least be stage 3 before MC reaches his fifth. But who knows maybe we get more than one timeskip.
itkindadepends.jpg
A timeskip is good to make others or the same MC catch up to the strongest but it's rarely done well, not that I don't trust WW with it but it's kinda a minefield and for that reason I would prefer seeing the various individual struggles and doubts and etc.

My opinion though

gargamel44

May 11, 2023
View attachment 3791776
A timeskip is good to make others or the same MC catch up to the strongest but it's rarely done well, not that I don't trust WW with it but it's kinda a minefield and for that reason I would prefer seeing the various individual struggles and doubts and etc.

My opinion though
Honestly, most of the bad timeskips are because the series were less than decent to begin with.

While there's been a lot of controversy, timeskips shouldn't be a problem unless the author doesn't know what to do with their own story, which tends to happen with long-running series.

But to give a good example, I loved One Piece's timeskip. While I feel the next arcs dropped a bit in terms of quality, the timeskip was very much needed and helped us move forward at a faster pace. It was also refreshing to see the heroes mop the floor with a villain who would have caused a lot of problems if it weren't for the new power-ups.

If you have faith in an author, then timeskips shouldn't scare you. They aren't particularly difficult to pull off.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
I would like to point out how many theories the thread guessed right, it's amazing how almost everything people talked here actually happened.

1. Mc rage filled fighting like a beast but having a hard time without a sound mind.
2. Dominating the fight after regaining his cool despite Cole being stronger
3. Despite Cole having an OP weapon still being much inferior to Mc in terms of skill
4. Cole escaping certain death because of an evolution
5. Mc and his friends still being able to pose a threat to Cole even after his evolution
6. Amber/Liz joining the fight and being stronger than usual thanks to twin power
7. Having a different power set and Amber being the one with Strenght Eater powers
8. The whole joined twins situation

Reactions: Viniuchi

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
I kinda like how Amber seems to have the more powerful abilities (combat wise and so far at least). Subverts the previous dynamic of Liz being the naturally gifted one. Seeing how the two deal with the reversal could be interesting.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes