Reinhardo

Mar 13, 2023
To be fair, Deryl was the character that better knew MC personality and powers outside MC himself at the time. Every other real fight outside Cole was blind to him.
If we are being fair than deryl also had access to biggest archive of various sin members profile when he was working with xanthe in the lab, and Mc recently revealed info about the twin powers during his infiltration not that whole arc was of any use events still regardless ended up going pretty much how xanthe son would have wanted them to go to a level at least.

Reinhardo

Mar 13, 2023
Deryl as a monster was dangerous shit
Even as a monster, he was intelligent, even more than he is now, a greater understanding to be exact, when it comes to monsters and how to use them to get stronger, everything he did, all his preparations and even his evolution - I'm not sure, so sorry if I'm wrong - were planned so that he could get stronger, as a superhuman, he needs time, his skills are not specifically for combat, but I don't doubt that in a short time, he will become one of the strongest and most dangerous superhumans.
(Ps: I know, sorry for the text, I just wanted to talk a bit)
You make some valid point but I don't think I saw deryl using any monster world related trick during the forest fight he was pretty much relying on modern style weapons and all, I would argue even clone deryl would have shown more determination in the fight. Deryl is not about combat when he isn't prepared or given the time to prepare but he was given plenty of time to prepare for amber and Liz protection mission.

KKStrider

Mar 26, 2020
I remember writing a big ass paragraph a while ago summarising all the ways Deryl is just straight up being clowned on for most of the game and how he just can't ever seem to win. From his perspective, no matter how much he stacks the deck in his favour, no matter how much monster knowledge he has, no matter how much custom built clones he creates to exploit weaknesses or proxies he has to try risky strategies he still gets his ass beat. Almost every fight this man has ever been in has involved Apostle/Greater spawns - A.K.A some of the most busted people in the entire verse. He just can't catch a break.

Second generation spawn like Alice and Shen, operating in the low tier levels of comic book character intelligence, ruthless combat pragmatism, chaining power combos together like its fucking Devil May Cry with all his monster-based equipment and he still gets folded like an omelette due to being a glass cannon. Part of the reason why I enjoyed the Cole VS MC and Deryl fight so much is that I finally got to see the two of them work immaculately together, and Deryl finally worked out how to take a hit.

KyngC

Aug 21, 2022
I remember writing a big ass paragraph a while ago summarising all the ways Deryl is just straight up being clowned on for most of the game and how he just can't ever seem to win. From his perspective, no matter how much he stacks the deck in his favour, no matter how much monster knowledge he has, no matter how much custom built clones he creates to exploit weaknesses or proxies he has to try risky strategies he still gets his ass beat. Almost every fight this man has ever been in has involved Apostle/Greater spawns - A.K.A some of the most busted people in the entire verse. He just can't catch a break.

Second generation spawn like Alice and Shen, operating in the low tier levels of comic book character intelligence, ruthless combat pragmatism, chaining power combos together like its fucking Devil May Cry with all his monster-based equipment and he still gets folded like an omelette due to being a glass cannon. Part of the reason why I enjoyed the Cole VS MC and Deryl fight so much is that I finally got to see the two of them work immaculately together, and Deryl finally worked out how to take a hit.
Yeah I still call bull on the MC evolving during the Rebis fight. Though it does pose an interesting question. How strong would have Deryl been if he was able to defeat MC and complete his plan of becoming a Rebis.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
To be fair the twins abduction was far more a HERO's failure than anything related to Deryl, like Mc tells him in one of the choices from last update, they didn't have any chance against Devana and Evander as long as Shen was also there.
Now being beaten in a single attack was eye oppening for him and lead to creating the Mecha and all, and when fighting a lvl 4 Cole we learned that this thing can take a beating, Devana's bombs were enough to knock down Deryl but not Mc so i doubt something like that would work on Deryl again, she also doesn't seem very keen on creative use of abilities and relies on Tanos for "blueprints", her power might be "better" but i doubt Deryl will take long to surpass her.

Reinhardo

Mar 13, 2023
To be fair the twins abduction was far more a HERO's failure than anything related to Deryl, like Mc tells him in one of the choices from last update, they didn't have any chance against Devana and Evander as long as Shen was also there.
Now being beaten in a single attack was eye oppening for him and lead to creating the Mecha and all, and when fighting a lvl 4 Cole we learned that this thing can take a beating, Devana's bombs were enough to knock down Deryl but not Mc so i doubt something like that would work on Deryl again, she also doesn't seem very keen on creative use of abilities and relies on Tanos for "blueprints", her power might be "better" but i doubt Deryl will take long to surpass her.
To me how he lost matters more than him losing or winning it did not felt like it fit his character as for surpassing the twins *shrug* sure most of Mc allies are gonna do that as the story progress.

CrazyofHentai

Jan 1, 2024
Finally, let's all debate and comment on this wonderful game! And first I'd like to say: you're fucking stupid, you sons of bitches!

Kidding, kidding

You're right, and to be quite honest, Deryl is the kind of character that if he were the protagonist, the whole game would be broken. Deryl is intelligent and his power could well be considered one of the top 10 or 5 most powerful in the entire game. He's able to recreate everything he understands, whether it's organic or inorganic, which makes him one of the weakest in the game, because he needs to know his opponent, create a strategy, in order to have a chance, he's not someone made for hand-to-hand combat, as you said yourself, and as you also said at the end, it was incredible to see him fighting alongside Mc against Cole.

Yeah I still call bull on the MC evolving during the Rebis fight. Though it does pose an interesting question. How strong would have Deryl been if he was able to defeat MC and complete his plan of becoming a Rebis.
Powerful, but above all, dangerous, because it could always become stronger and stronger, always be reborn and become more powerful, limit? I can't say, maybe he could become as strong as level 5? Difficult, but I don't doubt it

It was the revelation, basically, that even as a level 3, he can't allow himself to be "exposed"

KKStrider

Mar 26, 2020
Deryl single handedly got two draws out of Mc who isn't someone to easily give up let's remember that not to mention he also handle that glasses guy alright, right in his first encounter with him. His clone del literally change the history of the whole fucking world by revealing the identity of Mc Super hero self bringing the organization hero out in the open and beginning a whole new era and all seems like quite many wins to me.
The fight with Chimera Tertius was an unambiguous draw, but I'd argue that the first fight against the real Deryl was a draw only because the MC himself wanted it to be. If that fight went to the death the MC would have won solely based on the fact that the MC recovered faster than Deryl could, whilst Deryl needed help from the MC to just to stand. The MC was a Level 2, whilst Deryl a Level 1 after all.

Also I wouldn't really call Del exposing the MC's identity a win. He may have changed the course of history, but even he didn't actually care about that, it was just a way for him to try and reach his actual goal. Short term, Del only wanted to draw the MC and clone Deryl to satiate Chimera Tertius' ego and make Deryl-Rebis. However, long term this action has resulted in the MC and friends being bound them to H.E.R.O., and whether that's a good thing or not has always been up for debate here. Some think its worth it since their resources can accelerate MC and friends' growth, whilst others think independence from the organisation would have been better since they're just disposable tools to H.E.R.O. in the end and from the very first moment they were inducted in to put on a good show with the Valravn fight the organisation has made it known how ready they are to kill them.

I think the MC evolving in that fight was reasonable. Bramon Xanthe's serum is a carefully tailored and refined cocktail of monster material. Chimera Tertius is a carefully tailored and unrefined cocktail of monster material, so its blood having the same effect doesn't entirely surprise me. As for the question of how strong Deryl-Rebis would have been if perfected, even Deryl doesn't know. What we the audience know is that Deryl-Rebis was B+, meaning he was such an absolute menace he was edging into A rank territory, which only Level 4s and 5s are meant to deal with. So if he was perfected, he would have been strong.

Reactions: KyngC

KyngC

Aug 21, 2022
If that fight went to the death the MC would have won solely based on the fact that the MC recovered faster than Deryl could, whilst Deryl needed help from the MC to just to stand. The MC was a Level 2, whilst Deryl a Level 1 after all.
Wasn't it the opposite. I remember Deryl having to carry MC, as the MC was not able to walk at all.

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
Deryl when an enemy "hey hey Mc I have prepared a bunch a nasty shit for you take this and that and what not oh don't worry I already know your next move and the one after that" Deryl when an ally "here you go bro I put a whole forest on fire with my missiles whatever good that would do, oh no I got taken out of the sky guess that's it my big freaking bag pack mostly consist of my cool looking jet pack wings and some missiles my bad".
To be fair Superhuman has some Dragon Ball Z vibes with the evolutions where where each one feels insanely epic on its own but compared to a higher one is relatively weak. Now, granted, he probably should have put up more of a fight even if MC and Deryl were going to lose to Shen in the end regardless. But it was probably a game dev decision that making that fight an hour longer than it was would probably not be worth the effort just for the sake boosting Deryl a bit. And Deryl did redeem himself big time in the fight against Cole so it's fine. Nothing wrong with some suspension of disbelief.

Abazzaba

Sep 9, 2021
Strength Eaters can appear in any body of water, anywhere in the universe to attack their prey.
View attachment 3887534

SCP-1128 "The Aquatic Horror" has a similar ability, except it teleports its prey from any body of water to its location.
View attachment 3887537
WW did a good job with that particular monster.
It's the only one that's actually unnerving for me.
Just looking at that first image triggers something that sets me on edge.
Same reason I can't google something like "deep sea monsters" on images and scroll without feeling like I'm about to be attacked.

Dark T-Rex

Apr 8, 2023
WW did a good job with that particular monster.
It's the only one that's actually unnerving for me.
Just looking at that first image triggers something that sets me on edge.
Same reason I can't google something like "deep sea monsters" on images and scroll without feeling like I'm about to be attacked.
I think I know that feeling. It took me a few years to work up the nerve to complete this level in Super Mario 64, because that fucking eel scared the hell out of me.
Unagi.png

Last edited:
Reactions: SquallofNight

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
Why is Ella's odds going down so much?
Ever since the Battle of Diamonds when she died she's probably the character with more sex scenes lol.
I really wouldn't put any effort into understanding the guesses of whoever made up those numbers. Ella is probably close to coming back but even if she isn't I would be very surprised if at least the doll doesn't have some new scene given how involved she is with the MC and the party at the moment. Given the situation in the monster world and the fact that Alice just had two scenes this past update my guess is Ella doll, Amber, and Liz are most likely to get scenes this next update...maybe more Alice as she is kind of universally liked.

Reactions: TigerWolfe

CrazyofHentai

Jan 1, 2024
I forgot to share it here but the scene odds for a character are now out!
View attachment 3893854
Wait, is that serious? This can't be real, because what the fuck is Shadow doing there? And where the hell did Shopkeep come from?!

Apart from that, Ella is so negative is surprisingly, she's number 1 in the game

Now Cole would be interesting, I'd love to take this coward and turn him into my personal slave.
(I'm a degenerate, what do you expect from a site like this?)

Now I'd like a scene with Brianna, I like the friendship between her and Mc

4.80 star(s) 347 Votes