sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
Jake is just a fool manipulated by Ella wonder why everyone here want to kill him? Even if i were to play evil route this guy would be the last i'd consider on the kill list. Trashes like Jared, the fat fuck on Liz route, the prick wearing sunglass on Tiffany route... those would be high on the kill list.

Jan 5, 2019
Jake is just a fool manipulated by Ella wonder why everyone here want to kill him? Even if i were to play evil route this guy would be the last i'd consider on the kill list. Trashes like Jared, the fat fuck on Liz route, the prick wearing sunglass on Tiffany route... those would be high on the kill list.
Eh I gave Jake a pass cause I was planning to before the update dropped but kinda wanna say F him at this point, you can't stop him without killing other people and the magnitude of how bad Deryl's mind control is. Hopefully Jake gets some good redemption arc before the end of the game, maybe help fix Deryl. Besides I get the sense we're gonna need a super team, I get the feeling the story will wrap long before we can get to tier 5 and the MC won't be able to solve all the games problems alone.

Ashley young

Dec 4, 2017
After this update, I actually think it's more simpler than I had imagined at first, myself. Ella's Evolution lvl 5 info is throwing me for a loop as well. Not that it's shocking, but what she's saying goes for all Superhumans, not just Artificial ones. Lvl 5 really is the last.
I think its a bit deeper than that.
According to Ella, a monster gives a human its power in exchange of a favor. Once you reach your fifth evolution, the monster sees you capable enough / strong enough of doing the task he gave you the power for. At level 5, you reach your potential and you do not get more abilities. Nobody knows why the monster gave you the power until you reach level 5.
I guess that you can theoretically go higher than level 5, but for that you need to finish the task given by the monster, or you could consume the monster that created you.

Reactions: mrttao
Nov 17, 2018
Eh I gave Jake a pass cause I was planning to before the update dropped but kinda wanna say F him at this point, you can't stop him without killing other people and the magnitude of how bad Deryl's mind control is. Hopefully Jake gets some good redemption arc before the end of the game, maybe help fix Deryl. Besides I get the sense we're gonna need a super team, I get the feeling the story will wrap long before we can get to tier 5 and the MC won't be able to solve all the games problems alone.
Same, that's why I spared him. In my play through I'm not evil, I'm not a saint, I'm just a guy trying to live through this bullshit. Jake killed no one important to MC. It makes sense to me to spare super humans who no longer want to fight me. People I spare may be the ones who'll save my ass later because future isn't looking optimistic. We're between a hammer and an anvil, from one side there's this crazy bitch Ella and her team of monsters and mutants and from the other side there're rich MFs and their organization creating artificial mutants.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I think its a bit deeper than that.
According to Ella, a monster gives a human its power in exchange of a favor. Once you reach your fifth evolution, the monster sees you capable enough / strong enough of doing the task he gave you the power for. At level 5, you reach your potential and you do not get more abilities. Nobody knows why the monster gave you the power until you reach level 5.
I guess that you can theoretically go higher than level 5, but for that you need to finish the task given by the monster, or you could consume the monster that created you.
I wasn't referring to the Lvl 5 stuff being simple but what he said in the spoiler about the "already perfect stuff and the MC rather punch". I have completely different thoughts on what's going on with that whole preparation the Monsters are doing for Lvl 5 Superhumans.

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
The last update was definitely interesting.
Lots of new information.

I used to think that MC could absorb the abilities of other superhumans.
I don't think so anymore, or at least not quite.

It seems to me that MC can copy the physical characteristics of beings he touches.
He is technically able to copy some of the power of some superhumans.
For example, he should have no problem copying all the characteristics of the Oscar's body.
But he can't copy the energy of his eyes.

There seem to be three types of Superhumans.
1. Physical manipulation
2. Mental manipulation
3. Energy manipulation

MC controls physical manipulation, which focuses on strengthening one's own body and using it as a weapon. It seems that he will never control mental or energetic manipulation, because this type of power draws energy from a different source than he has. (Although who knows what type of power he will receive during his final evolution?)

Regarding the fate of Jake:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

P.S.
Given the fact that the game has been monitoring your relationship with Jake since the beginning (using a numeric value), I wonder if the content of this update would be different if the number was too low or too high.
About the batman quote made me think in Manhattan from the Watchmen.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Same, that's why I spared him. In my play through I'm not evil, I'm not a saint, I'm just a guy trying to live through this bullshit. Jake killed no one important to MC. It makes sense to me to spare super humans who no longer want to fight me. People I spare may be the ones who'll save my ass later because future isn't looking optimistic. We're between a hammer and an anvil, from one side there's this crazy bitch Ella and her team of monsters and mutants and from the other side there're rich MFs and their organization creating artificial mutants.
Hundreds of people died because of him and he was willing to sacrifice much more for the life of one girl. Even if he realized he had made a mistake and moved on to the side of the good guys, we have no guarantee that it will stay that way. His mental state is not exactly stable. He could have lied to us and he could just start building an even bigger army, but this time he would do it secretly. And even if not, the risk will always be there. He can turn our loved ones, our allies and others Superhuman against us. He has the potential to rule or exterminate the entire human race. It's simply too dangerous to leave him alive.

About the batman quote made me think in Manhattan from the Watchmen.
That's a good comparison, too.
Dr. Manhattan was good guy, but his strength was simply too big.
What if one day he decided that humanity is not worth saving?
Could we stop him? Probably not...

Its very existence is a great risk to the entire human race.

GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
Kind of hilarious that you're quoting one of the most stupid versions of Batman from one of the worst DC movies as if you were saying something deep or reasonable.
Hundreds of people died because of him and he was willing to sacrifice much more for the life of one girl.
Hundreds of people have also died from the actions of the MC and his friends just to save the life of one man.
Even if he realized he had made a mistake and moved on to the side of the good guys, we have no guarantee that it will stay that way. His mental state is not exactly stable. He could have lied to us and he could just start building an even bigger army, but this time he would do it secretly. And even if not, the risk will always be there. He can turn our loved ones, our allies and others Superhuman against us. He has the potential to rule or exterminate the entire human race. It's simply too dangerous to leave him alive.
Do not confuse paranoia with reason.

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
Hundreds of people died because of him and he was willing to sacrifice much more for the life of one girl. Even if he realized he had made a mistake and moved on to the side of the good guys, we have no guarantee that it will stay that way. His mental state is not exactly stable. He could have lied to us and he could just start building an even bigger army, but this time he would do it secretly. And even if not, the risk will always be there. He can turn our loved ones, our allies and others Superhuman against us. He has the potential to rule or exterminate the entire human race. It's simply too dangerous to leave him alive.
Ella doesn't believe in teamwork. So Maybe mc gonna need jake. My mc killed jake but who knows Micheal gonna support mc or ella

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Kind of hilarious that you're quoting one of the most stupid versions of Batman from one of the worst DC movies as if you were saying something deep or reasonable.
Point for you, those movies are really awful :ROFLMAO:
I think that quote was the only thing in the whole movie that was at least a little reasonable.

Hundreds of people have also died from the actions of the MC and his friends just to save the life of one man.
Do not confuse paranoia with reason.
As far as I know, everyone we killed was through and through evil, or attacked us first.

Do not confuse paranoia with reason?

The rules of the normal world do not apply here.
Superhumans are extremely dangerous and some much more so than others.
It is possible to prepare some preventive measures against most, but Jake is an exception, because he doesn't have to fight at all, he can stay hidden and let thousands or millions (if he controls the right leaders) of innocent people fight for him.

It's not like I hate Jake (although I hate him), and if there was a way to deprive him of his power, I'd leave him alive (in prison).

GaRbS

Apr 3, 2018
The rules of the normal world do not apply here.
Superhumans are extremely dangerous and some much more so than others.
It is possible to prepare some preventive measures against most, but Jake is an exception, because he doesn't have to fight at all, he can stay hidden and let thousands or millions (if he controls the right leaders) of innocent people fight for him.
Just because someone is powerful and potentially dangerous does not mean they should be destroyed if they currently do not present an active danger, which Jake doesn't at the moment.

The MC himself could launch some nukes with his power of shapeshifting and memory viewing, yet that's not reason enough to justify his death. What you say only leads to a slippery slope where all power must be at the control of the MC to be allowed to exist, which is just tyranny with extra steps.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes