DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I miss Bailey :cry:
It would be cool if the MC had at least one dedicated minion/sidekick.
I really hope she comes back.

Perhaps once we reach the next evolution, we would be able to help perfect her transformations.
I miss my faithful inky girlfriend.
To be honest, it's probably better to eat Bailey instead of letting her go during that scene. Her memories would be safely stored in the MC and he could potentially make her a new body to store her memories in when he learns more. While we don't know much about Mommy's memory power, I'm sure transferring memories around is pretty trivial.

We would probably have to get better control over our body transformation power and unlock the ability to form mental links for the transfer first, since it'll be needed. Those should comes with our 3rd Evolution. Especially stuff like, forming mental links without touching, and being able to control memories to the point that we can now transfer them around.

I actually have a lot of thoughts on how the MC's memory ability could progress over his growth to make a lot of things possible. I would go deeper into it but I'm getting sidetracked and most of it is unlikely to happen.

Back on topic, It's probably better to "save" her now and then revive her later after he becomes strong enough. There's no telling what might happen to her out there if you let her go. She could get ate, bred, or corrupted by other monsters. Hell, even worse, she could get flat out slaughtered by other monsters or even HERO members. It's too big of a risk.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
To be honest, it's probably better to eat Bailey instead of letting her go during that scene. Her memories would be safely stored in the MC and he could potentially make her a new body to store her memories in when he learns more. While we don't know much about Mommy's memory power, I'm sure transferring memories around is pretty trivial.
I'm not entirely sure if it works that way.
Personally, I think that if we eat her, Bailey will just dissolve inside MC's body.

The scene with Snow White in the prison convinced me that if not now, in the future MC should be able to create living and functioning bodies (assuming he has the biological material). I even think that even at his current level he might be able to revive people who was not dead for more than a few minutes. But I'm afraid that mind transplant might be a bit beyond his power. His specialty is transformation not mind manipulation.

Hell, even worse, she could get flat out slaughtered by other monsters or even HERO members. It's too big of a risk.
I'm pretty sure that if we meet her again she'll be doing just that! :ROFLMAO:
And I think that's a good thing because it's good way to bring her back into the story.
MC wouldn't have much motivation to look for her otherwise.

Reactions: Dysphorika

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
Personally, I think that if we eat her, Bailey will just dissolve inside MC's body.

The scene with Snow White in the prison convinced me that if not now, in the future MC should be able to create living and functioning bodies (assuming he has the biological material). I even think that even at his current level he might be able to revive people who was not dead for more than a few minutes. But I'm afraid that mind transplant might be a bit beyond his power. His specialty is transformation not mind manipulation.

And I think that's a good thing because it's good way to bring her back into the story.
I'm glad to see more people showing Bailey some affection, she gave us crazy sex scenes, awnkward humor, insight on the monster side of things and a final scene that honestly broke my heart.

Her dialogue if mc lets her go shows that she believes you will not meet again, she literally says that.

If mc absorbs her, he learns about the callings from the moon and the sea, how she would leave to the sea if refused, i think it might be a giant mass of black goo that makes the minyak and i'm not very confident on her ability to keep her memories and self if that's the case.
She also literally says that she will wait for the night when you will meet again, this gives me hope that yes, mc will be able to make a new body for her and return her memories.

Absorbing Bailey is the only corruption point on my playthrough and i only did that because i dreaded the idea of never seeing her again.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018

It does work that way. Have you did a corruption playthrough? When the MC "eats" he locks their entire everything in a corner of his head.

When Danica is killed, you see that she's bouncing around in your head as a memory later. The same happens with Jake after you devour him as well. It's entirely possible that after you ate Bailey, her everything is stored up there in a similar manner. She even said she looks forward to seeing the MC again after you eat her.

The MC's specialty is his shapeshifting trait and his memory trait. He has both. We already know he can take memories so its not out of the realm of possibility for him to eventually be able to give them. Obviously, he can't now but when his memory trait evolves further, it should be possible for him to share memories.

I'm glad to see more people showing Bailey some affection, she gave us crazy sex scenes, awnkward humor, insight on the monster side of things and a final scene that honestly broke my heart.

Her dialogue if mc lets her go shows that she believes you will not meet again, she literally says that.

If mc absorbs her, he learns about the callings from the moon and the sea, how she would leave to the sea if refused, i think it might be a giant mass of black goo that makes the minyak and i'm not very confident on her ability to keep her memories and self if that's the case.
She also literally says that she will wait for the night when you will meet again, this gives me hope that yes, mc will be able to make a new body for her and return her memories.

Absorbing Bailey is the only corruption point on my playthrough and i only did that because i dreaded the idea of never seeing her again.
It's the perfect solution to it all, when you think about it. Even if compatibility becomes a problem when creating a body for her, there's plenty of Minyaks out there. You could even take it further by finding the strongest one, breed them, and then put Bailey's memory inside the offspring. Not only will her power ceiling be much higher from it, being in the 4th's(or 3rd's) direct line, she'll also be able to have the MC's future kids as well. Crazy incest and potential monster grooming aside, that would grant her the complete happiness she desired.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
It does work that way. Have you did a corruption playthrough? When the MC "eats" he locks their entire everything in a corner of his head.

When Danica is killed, you see that she's bouncing around in your head as a memory later. The same happens with Jake after you devour him as well. It's entirely possible that after you ate Bailey, her everything is stored up there in a similar manner. She even said she looks forward to seeing the MC again after you eat her.
I don't think that's an entirely accurate definition.

When he reads other people's minds, he does it physically. He has to touch you and then actual physical part of his body actually physically enters your brain where he observes your brain activity. When he absorbs your mind, he actually just copies the informations in your neurons.

But there is a HUGE difference between being able to read and copy something and in between creating something yourself. This is neurosurgery on a level MC can only dream of. It is not only a question of power and ability, but also a question of his mental capacity. Plus, something like this should be even MUCH more difficult with monsters that don't even have normal brains.

I don't think weirdworld will go that route because it would open pandora's box.
MC could simply come to a herd of cows and transform them into almost invincible supersoldiers who will be completely devoted to him and that will trivialize every subsequent conflict.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017

The MC's specialty is his shapeshifting trait and his memory trait. He has both. We already know he can take memories so its not out of the realm of possibility for him to eventually be able to give them. Obviously, he can't now but when his memory trait evolves further, it should be possible for him to share memories.

It's the perfect solution to it all, when you think about it. Even if compatibility becomes a problem when creating a body for her, there's plenty of Minyaks out there. You could even take it further by finding the strongest one, breed them, and then put Bailey's memory inside the offspring. Not only will her power ceiling be much higher from it, being in the 4th's(or 3rd's) direct line, she'll also be able to have the MC's future kids as well. Crazy incest and potential monster grooming aside, that would grant her the complete happiness she desired.
That's actually very reasonable, up until now mc can't (i think) maintain parts of himself separated from his body for long, so maintaining another body apart from him for Bailey seems difficult (though an evolution could potentially change that if he could make a different body and transfer the memories).

Mc has been implying for some time that his memory abilities didn't progress much so my bet is that he will get some new power related to it on his third, maybe it could include transfering memories to others.

We saw how a minyak was able to take control over Bailey's body, so maybe if mc could inject her memories in a minyak body Bailey could take control.

Minyaks also seem to consider mc a "good catch" for breeding purposes, it would only depend on him being willing since we know superhumans apparently can reproduce with monsters, so going from boss to daddy for Bailey doesn't look that impossible.

Not gonna lie, scenes with daughter bailey, and even more being able to get her pregnant is definitly something in my area of interest.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Ddlc
That seems like too much work where a lot of still only hypothetical things have to be true.

Although the MC still isn't quite perfect in this regard, he's gotten a lot better at transforming the bodies of others, and even now he should be able to help fix Bailey's broken form. All that's left is to cut her off from the monster mommy signal.

So why make things complicated and risk things that are quite problematic for the story, when you can do it simply?

1) Let Bailey go.
2) Bailey will be found during one of the missions for HERO, or even better, she is already in one of their cells.
3) We'll help fix her form, cut her off the signal and take her with us.

I don't think HERO would object too much since Bailey is just a small fry and not even complete monster.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I don't think that's an entirely accurate definition.

When he reads other people's minds, he does it physically. He has to touch you and then actual physical part of his body actually physically enters your brain where he observes your brain activity. When he absorbs your mind, he actually just copies the informations in your neurons.

But there is a HUGE difference between being able to read and copy something and in between creating something yourself. This is neurosurgery on a level MC can only dream of. It is not only a question of power and ability, but also a question of his mental capacity. Plus, something like this should be even MUCH more difficult with monsters that don't even have normal brains.

I don't think weirdworld will go that route because it would open pandora's box.
MC could simply come to a herd of cows and transform them into almost invincible supersoldiers who will be completely devoted to him and that will trivialize every subsequent conflict.
The mistake you're making is try to use human explanation and reasoning for how his monster powers should work. Their abilities don't work that way. It's supernatural, as stated by multiple characters. You don't have to agree with it but this stuff is already in the game on the corruption route. He even tells Brianna that he has some much memories stored in his mind that he might as well be older than her. Mental capacity isn't a problem.

He also doesn't have to touch anyone "physically", If there's a mental link. He can access memories through it. We see this during his encounter with Sharon as they both looked through each other's memory without touching each other. Hell, Nyx legit can see dead people in the environment from their memories and yet you somehow believe the MC's power has to obey human logic.

I'm not even sure why you believe the MC has to be grounded with his power in the first place. His power legit comes from one of the strongest monsters in the game, with a name that's literally called "The Memory". Who is sitting in a link hidden deep within his spirit.

As far as "Pandora's box" being open, are you sure you've been playing the same game? You're a bit late for that line of thinking when we literally have characters blowing open dimensions, moving at "lightspeed", the MC getting dragged through links into one of those powerful monsters Domain, characters turning the sky dark and so on. Even with that made up hypothetical thing you created, the MC would still be at the bottom in this game. That's how high everything is already.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
That's actually very reasonable, up until now mc can't (i think) maintain parts of himself separated from his body for long, so maintaining another body apart from him for Bailey seems difficult (though an evolution could potentially change that if he could make a different body and transfer the memories).

Mc has been implying for some time that his memory abilities didn't progress much so my bet is that he will get some new power related to it on his third, maybe it could include transfering memories to others.

We saw how a minyak was able to take control over Bailey's body, so maybe if mc could inject her memories in a minyak body Bailey could take control.

Minyaks also seem to consider mc a "good catch" for breeding purposes, it would only depend on him being willing since we know superhumans apparently can reproduce with monsters, so going from boss to daddy for Bailey doesn't look that impossible.

Not gonna lie, scenes with daughter bailey, and even more being able to get her pregnant is definitly something in my area of interest.
That idea popped in my head because I haven't played an incest game in a while. My desire accidentally leaked there. :KEK:

Also, yeah, you're right for the most part. The Minyaks want the MC's seed because he's a greater spawn from one of the most powerful monsters in game. As for monster breeding, you don't have to worry about that because the Minyaks are breedable by superhumans. It's just superhuman + superhuman and superhuman + human that's not possible, breeding wise.

Anyway, the MC can't accomplish this stuff until after he evolves to the 3rd level. Hopefully his memory power gets an upgrade as well to get closer to how his Monster Mommy does it. We should see next update, if he evolves.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
The mistake you're making is try to use human explanation and reasoning for how his monster powers should work. Their abilities don't work that way. It's supernatural, as stated by multiple characters.
You're right about that, but the MC still uses a human thinking brain.

Even if what you say is possible for a monster, it is not possible for an MC because the human mind is incapable of imagining such things. Giving someone a bigger bust is easy. You just imagine the growth of tissue and increase the fat reserves in the breasts. Changing someone from male to female is more difficult, but assuming you've seen them before, know how they work, and understand them physiologically, you can create fully functional female genitalia. But can you imagine something like changing neurons in the brain? It is unthinkable for the human brain. That's why I say that MC lacks mental capacity.

He also doesn't have to touch anyone "physically", If there's a mental link. He can access memories through it. We see this during his encounter with Sharon as they both looked through each other's memory without touching each other.
That is inaccurate.
The MC can connect to an existing mental link, but cannot create it.
And he can only do it if the telepath in question is much weaker than him.

Hell, Nyx legit can see dead people in the environment from their memories and yet you somehow believe the MC's power has to obey human logic.
Personally, I think that she can only read the echo in dead tissue.
Or she is just batshit crazy from corruption :ROFLMAO:

And everything that was in the game so far could be logically explained and understood.
Although we cannot explain why some things happen, but when they happen, we know how they happen.
This is the main reason why people love this game and have long discussions like the two of us right now.
Weirdworld doesn't use the lazy "it's happening because of magic!" explanation.

As far as "Pandora's box" being open, are you sure you've been playing the same game? You're a bit late for that line of thinking when we literally have characters blowing open dimensions, moving at "lightspeed", the MC getting dragged through links into one of those powerful monsters Domain, characters turning the sky dark and so on. Even with that made up hypothetical thing you created, the MC would still be at the bottom in this game. That's how high everything is already.
Anything that has to do with mind manipulation is extremely dangerous.
Jake was only lvl 2 but he was still more dangerous than some lvl 5.

There are only a few hundred people with powers that are dangerous.
But there are countless people without powers who hold positions that make them at least as dangerous.
Giving the MC such an ability is a keg with gunpowder.

Then we could start asking the question:
"Why didn't he just take over the minister and the major world leaders to get them to give him all the military and financial support he needs?"

Like I said, this line of thinking is bad for the story.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018

Even if what you say is possible for a monster, it is not possible for an MC because the human mind is incapable of imagining such things. Giving someone a bigger bust is easy. You just imagine the growth of tissue and increase the fat reserves in the breasts. Changing someone from male to female is more difficult, but assuming you've seen them before, know how they work, and understand them physiologically, you can create fully functional female genitalia. But can you imagine something like changing neurons in the brain? It is unthinkable for the human brain. That's why I say that MC lacks mental capacity.
His mind doesn't have to imagine it. His instincts do all the work for him. That's how his and other superhumans power works.
That is inaccurate.

I never said the MC created the mental link. I said he could see memories without touching if there was a link. Which was proven in game via Sharon's encounter. That also won't be a problem in the future because he will most likely be able to form his own mental links at some point. As for Nyx, that was only to show how the game doesn't follow your way of thinking that memories can only be seen by physically touching.

But there are countless people without powers who hold positions that make them at least as dangerous.

"Why didn't he just take over the minister and the major world leaders to get them to give him all the military and financial support he needs?"

No, it wouldn't be. It really does feel like we're playing a different game because you're ignoring that there's 6 extremely powerful monsters out there that lord over monsters that can wipeout the entire planet. Monsters that outnumber superhumans by the 100s of 1000s. Monsters that could kill the current MC without trying.

You also think Jake is more dangerous than people that can wipe out all of humanity, if they wanted? Seriously?

Why would I start asking questions like that? None of that really matters. I'm not the one who thinks the MC using stored memories to later move them into other bodies is some overpowered broken thing that's going to spiral out of control somehow. In fact, that's basic compared to the stuff I think his memory abilities should actually accomplish, which actually breaks the game. That line of thinking is only bad from your point of view, if I'm being honest with you.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
not gonna lie, level 5 Jake that can control literally anyone is probably the most dangerous superhuman
Possibly, but level 2 Jake? Against level 5s, In terms of how dangerous they can be? I don't think so. As for a hypothetical level 5 Jake being the most dangerous, I disagree for the simple fact that someone with a power like Valravn's would kill Jake, if they were also level 5. Maybe even level 4 actually since none of Jake's known abilities would get around Valravn's passive.

It's also too early to say because we don't know how fights between level 5s work yet. There could be more to it then just them wielding their powers against each other.

Reactions: nsfwdemanded

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Possibly, but level 2 Jake? Against level 5s, In terms of how dangerous they can be? I don't think so. As for a hypothetical level 5 Jake being the most dangerous, I disagree for the simple fact that someone with a power like Valravn's would kill Jake, if they were also level 5. Maybe even level 4 actually since none of Jake's known abilities would get around Valravn's passive.

It's also too early to say because we don't know how fights between level 5s work yet. There could be more to it then just them wielding their powers against each other.
However a fight may go between 2 level 5s its gonna be damn destructive that's for sure (at least if that fight between Bernhardt and the class A monster and the most recent update showing off Malik's power is any indication).

Although personally I don't think there's much more to it when it comes to fighting be you a level 1 or level 5 but there could be more (and it'd be cool if fighting was a bit different the higher you go level wise)

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020

The MC's power doesn't really work with his human brain. He uses the memories that he absorbs to shapeshift for any but the most simple transformations. He could stretch out his arms longer without anyone's memories, but he was able to become a perfect copy of Amber because he absorbed her memories when their heads hit each other.

That is inaccurate.
The MC is likely to be able to read memories from a distance. Both the 3rd and 4th were capable of telepathy at a distance, so his power should be able to replicate that. I think it's more likely that he just hasn't thought to try it yet, similar to how he didn't realize he could shapeshift into metal before Ella told him that he could. Ella doesn't have the memory part of the power, and therefore couldn't act as a mentor for that part of the ability. Also like changing to metal was difficult making a mental link to read memories will probably take some effort to master, which is likely why the MC hasn't done it on accident.

And everything that was in the game so far could be logically explained and understood.
Although we cannot explain why some things happen, but when they happen, we know how they happen.
This is the main reason why people love this game and have long discussions like the two of us right now.
Weirdworld doesn't use the lazy "it's happening because of magic!" explanation.
The power in the game also aren't really based on physical laws. Ella develops the power to warp reality around her from her power to shapeshift her body.
I agree that there is certainly a logic to the powers, but they're not the natural laws of the physical universe.
Xanthe is trying hard to figure out those laws though, and so far he seems to have a good deal of success.

I'm not sure the MC will ever develop mind manipulation powers, but reading memories is a core part of his power.
The MC also has stated that he's going to try to repair the damage that was done to Mia's memories, and he was able to remove Jake's mental block from Laurie, so he has developed some degree of memory manipulation. He also was going to try to heal Mia's mind and body himself, and only didn't have the opportunity to try because Jake and Ella did it before he had a chance to try.

I do agree that we likely won't see the plot involve the MC using his power to manipulate government leaders, but I think the biggest block there will be that the MC will likely be too busy with other things to even try.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
His mind doesn't have to imagine it. His instincts do all the work for him. That's how his and other superhumans power works.
This is not true. When he was creating the Snow White and later describing his new ability to one of the girls, he said how difficult it was, how much he had to concentrate on it and how he had to have a clear idea of what he was doing.

You also think Jake is more dangerous than people that can wipe out all of humanity, if they wanted? Seriously?
Yes.

I consider the ability to enslave all of humanity and a large portion of superhumans more dangerous than the ability to destroy humanity. Plus, you don't need superpowers to be able to destroy all of humanity. All it takes is one idiot who has access to a ton of red buttons. Have you ever played Fallout?

Jake was the most dangerous Superhuman we've met so far.
Not in terms of raw power, but in terms of the potential of what he could do with his power.

No, it wouldn't be. It really does feel like we're playing a different game because you're ignoring that there's 6 extremely powerful monsters out there that lord over monsters that can wipeout the entire planet. Monsters that outnumber superhumans by the 100s of 1000s. Monsters that could kill the current MC without trying.
This will never happen because no intelligent predator will voluntarily destroy its entire food supply.
And I highly doubt the game will take a direction where the MC will get power to create an army of super soldiers.
It would then be a completely different story than what weirworld tells.

Why would I start asking questions like that?
Because it's an obvious question.
If you put a loaded gun in the hero's hand, people will start asking why he doesn't fire it.
In order for the story to be consistent, weirworld would have to come up with a really good reason why the MC won't or can't do it.

In fact, that's basic compared to the stuff I think his memory abilities should actually accomplish, which actually breaks the game.
First of all, there is no evidence that he has any such abilities at all.
As I said, I believe he only uses physical analysis and then copies code to his core.
It's the same as with animals. He just find the part of code in thier DNA that he need and then make a copy of that code into his core. He is not mind guy, he is shapeshifter. He can't change the contents of someone's head.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
The MC is likely to be able to read memories from a distance. Both the 3rd and 4th were capable of telepathy at a distance, so his power should be able to replicate that. I think it's more likely that he just hasn't thought to try it yet, similar to how he didn't realize he could shapeshift into metal before Ella told him that he could. Ella doesn't have the memory part of the power, and therefore couldn't act as a mentor for that part of the ability. Also like changing to metal was difficult making a mental link to read memories will probably take some effort to master, which is likely why the MC hasn't done it on accident.
Which exactly confirms what I said about the biggest limit of MC's abilities being his human brain.
Or rather his human way of thinking.

I believe that even in his current state he is capable of MUCH more than we have seen so far.
But some things you just can't do by accident.

In many areas, his only limit is his imagination.
And here is the main problem, because his human imagination simply cannot imagine many things.
And in order for him to do something, he must have an exact idea of how it works and what he does.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes