bloodaxis

Sep 1, 2017
If you don't know what the conversation is about, then why are you butting in?

This is a conversation i had with completely different people.
I read an argument about the tree situation and I answered it, I apologise for butting in. If this argument is so important you might as well take it into pms since quibbling about dictionary definitions of words isn't particularly on topic if it doesn't pertain to the larger argument at hand.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Just for you. The aftermath of the first Klaus fight. View attachment 2677180 Alice's mansion when mc grows large.
View attachment 2677182 Choosing size+power against Klaus. View attachment 2677183
There are others, for sure, these are just a few that I remembered.
The crumbling fists is a very good argument. I will have to research it more. Hopefully there will be some similar situations. If I find a counterargument I will edit this post.

The second and the third can easily be explained with the following snippet.
"I fly high, up into the clouds, beyond even this creature's reach."
scene black with dissolve
"My body floods with power and its size is increased manifold."
"This is the first time I've tried this since my evolution, and the first time doing so with my dark armor."
"It's easier in a sense, my enormous pool of power now allowing me ample energy to maintain this huge size."
"However, doing it while keeping my armor on, covering my identity, is quite the challenge. Ordinarily it'd be difficult to even maintain my regular clothes in this size, let alone my armor."
"It takes quite a bit of control, more than I'm used to. And what's worse-"
play sound "audio/splash.mp3"
scene minyakhunt 49 with hpunch
Minyak "!!!"
"My opponent doesn't just wait for me to complete my transformation. A stream of black tar fires into the sky, nearly hitting my expanding form."
"It takes all I have to evade it, while still maintaining control over my transformation."
MC talks a lot about maintaining control. Not just power. He uses his power to transform and then he has to control it.
This language is similar to when he tries to transmute others. He pours power and then he has to control it otherwise it goes wild and creates eldritch structures, as shown during the prison segment, or just reverting to his natural state as shown when he tried to increase his size in Alice's house.

This theme is also repeated during the Kenny fight. MC says that he can't maintain a transformation and fight at the same time, especially if his body isn't familiar to him. Fighting however doesn't expend power. He is obviously talking about the mental effort of both controlling the form and fighting.

necromater

Aug 21, 2018
Fuck can now we have the grammar nazis on the forum; were the dogclappers and the furry not enough? I'm gonna Blame drako sure as hell he went to other forums to start shit XD

Reactions: bloodaxis

Fanvor

Jul 1, 2017
The crumbling fists is a very good argument. I will have to research it more. Hopefully there will be some similar situations. If I find a counterargument I will edit this post.

The second and the third can easily be explained with the following snippet.

MC talks a lot about maintaining control. Not just power. He uses his power to transform and then he has to control it.
This language is similar to when he tries to transmute others. He pours power and then he has to control it otherwise it goes wild and creates eldritch structures, as shown during the prison segment, or just reverting to his natural state as shown when he tried to increase his size in Alice's house.

This theme is also repeated during the Kenny fight. MC says that he can't maintain a transformation and fight at the same time, especially if his body isn't familiar to him. Fighting however doesn't expend power. He is obviously talking about the mental effort of both controlling the form and fighting.
I can easily make an argument about how it is difficult to control since he both has to use his power to maintain a transformation and to do different stuff at the same time, like grow hands or fight etc. But whatever, at this point I've defended my claim enough that it's just a matter of perspective and interpretation now.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I can easily make an argument about how it is difficult to control since he both has to use his power to maintain a transformation and to do different stuff at the same time, like grow hands or fight etc. But whatever, at this point I've defended my claim enough that it's just a matter of perspective and interpretation now.
It's ok, we can agree to disagree. You are probably more tired than me since you had to answer to others too.

The game is interesting and consistent enough so we can theorize about it. All these arguments are about details and inner workings that aren't explained fully. As long as the arguments have merit they are worth posting since obviously a lot of people like taking part in the discussion.

The important thing is that Ella is probably alive, which is a good thing cause she is my #1 currently ^_^.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Jake's power is not mind control, it's "Authority", based on Ella dialogue Jake might have had control over inanimate objects, but that wouldn't mean that his powers are mind control + telekinesis, it would still mean that his power is "Authority". It is the same with Mc, his power is not shapeshifting or transmutation, his power is the control of the "Body". What body? Who's body? It doesn't matter, neither is the name you give it since the power is, deliberately, very broad in potential and applications. So yeah, potato potato, since both of those powers are just the same thing.
Jake's parent is "the Authority" his powers are mindcontrol, psychokinetic arrows and some influence shield that prevents attacking him or atleast makes it much harder... And his orders only work if you can hear him, so it's a strong hypnosis.
He does say "imprint authority" when using his power though... But it's just one of his orders...

Mc can have either "the Body" or "the Memory" as parent... But both give similar powers as far we know. Don't take the parent as a literal description of your powers... Kenny's parent was "Oil" so that would pretty much mean his power is floating on water, being flammable and usable as lubricant? Alice's parent is "Ether" that's hardly a reflection of graviton powers...

But okay, you made several on point and correct observations, but the rules that apply to shapeshifting don't apply to the transmutation events... Most important is the power used when transforming the body...
Take your time reading, but there's never any mention of power needed to sustain the new form. But every single transformation needs a huge power output for the transformation... Changing into the form after that is even easy...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Another confirmation about the amount of power used...

And finally Ella transforming Duncan...

Fanvor

Jul 1, 2017
Don't take the parent as a literal description of your powers... Kenny's parent was "Oil" so that would pretty much mean his power is floating on water, being flammable and usable as lubricant? Alice's parent is "Ether" that's hardly a reflection of graviton powers...
Kenny's parent was Oil, but Oils parents or grandparents or grand grandparents were Authority, Body, and the Lord of Dark. The first 2 fit perfectly, the third... Well we don't exactly know what his deal is, so whatever.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Kenny's parent was Oil, but Oils parents or grandparents or grand grandparents were Authority, Body, and the Lord of Dark. The first 2 fit perfectly, the third... Well we don't exactly know what his deal is, so whatever.
No, there's 6 origins that are possibly the same as the 6 Arbiters, All 6 are the parent of 2 Apostles (twins).
So there is no relation to the Authority and Oil besides both being numbered monster known as Apostles.
Perhaps these Origins are related, but we don't have any information on that in the game so far.

Fanvor

Jul 1, 2017
Jake's parent is "the Authority" his powers are mindcontrol, psychokinetic arrows and some influence shield that prevents attacking him or atleast makes it much harder... And his orders only work if you can hear him, so it's a strong hypnosis.
He does say "imprint authority" when using his power though... But it's just one of his orders...

Mc can have either "the Body" or "the Memory" as parent... But both give similar powers as far we know. Don't take the parent as a literal description of your powers... Kenny's parent was "Oil" so that would pretty much mean his power is floating on water, being flammable and usable as lubricant? Alice's parent is "Ether" that's hardly a reflection of graviton powers...

But okay, you made several on point and correct observations, but the rules that apply to shapeshifting don't apply to the transmutation events... Most important is the power used when transforming the body...
Take your time reading, but there's never any mention of power needed to sustain the new form. But every single transformation needs a huge power output for the transformation... Changing into the form after that is even easy...

Another confirmation about the amount of power used...

And finally Ella transforming Duncan...

I am absolutely amazed by the amount of times i have said this, and by the amount of times you ignored it. I've already said that using normal people as an example is incorrect, the rules for them are different. And even if I'm wrong and it works the same for both, Ella will nevertheless need to feed the connection, otherwise the power already used on the transformation will be spent, while the tree man will simply produce new power. That means that if Ella spent 100 monster energy points on the tree, and Duncan currently has 0, he will just wait a little until he will get 200 and restore himself, I don't think I can explain this in any simpler way. And yes, he probably can't do that since his consciousness is fucked up, we have discussed this already.

Fanvor

Jul 1, 2017
No, there's 6 origins that are possibly the same as the 6 Arbiters, All 6 are the parent of 2 Apostles (twins).
So there is no relation to the Authority and Oil besides both being numbered monster known as Apostles.
Perhaps these Origins are related, but we don't have any information on that in the game so far.
Read the monster reports, Minyak is part Authority, part Body, part Lord of dark.

Reactions: PerpetuallyAmiss

Fanvor

Jul 1, 2017
Also, there are 12 apostles, why are talking about 6 origins?

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Also, there are 12 apostles, why are talking about 6 origins?
The Eye is an origin, he's the parent of "the Body" and "the Memory", Same like "Order" is the origin/parent of "the Authority" and "the Power"... The power of the origin is the powers of both twins combined... It's what Ella is looking for when she is talking about "perfect evolutions", she is looking for the original powers.

Aglaewif :
You "Order? What is that?"
Female "The power to command all things. To structure all things. To write the laws that govern the universe and to have both the Power and the Authority to enforce them."
Female "I've never personally met a being, human or monster that has acquired it since the origin, although..."
Female "I did, not long ago, hear talk of a potential inheritor, one your Ella had high hopes for. Though it seems to have ended in a failure. A weak mind can ruin even the greatest potential."
Female "Still, if it were possible to completely inherit the traits of both the First and the Second, to claim one of the original powers... A spawn that could fully realize that strength would be unfathomably powerful."
Female "Of course inheriting both traits from any of the twin Apostles would make a spawn quite exceptional."

Fanvor

Jul 1, 2017
The Eye is an origin, he's the parent of "the Body" and "the Memory", Same like "Order" is the origin/parent of "the Authority" and "the Power"... The power of the origin is the powers of both twins combined... It's what Ella is looking for when she is talking about "perfect evolutions", she is looking for the original powers.

Aglaewif :
You "Order? What is that?"
Female "The power to command all things. To structure all things. To write the laws that govern the universe and to have both the Power and the Authority to enforce them."
Female "I've never personally met a being, human or monster that has acquired it since the origin, although..."
Female "I did, not long ago, hear talk of a potential inheritor, one your Ella had high hopes for. Though it seems to have ended in a failure. A weak mind can ruin even the greatest potential."
Female "Still, if it were possible to completely inherit the traits of both the First and the Second, to claim one of the original powers... A spawn that could fully realize that strength would be unfathomably powerful."
Female "Of course inheriting both traits from any of the twin Apostles would make a spawn quite exceptional."
I know, why are you talking about it? It doesn't matter, the apostles, apparently, interbreed.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I know, why are you talking about it? It doesn't matter, the apostles, apparently, interbreed.
We only know they infect monsters and humans... If they're breeding they're doing it in their own dimension anyway...
They can only be on Earth temporary in the form of an avatar... Well, until Ella manages to summon them permanently using dark magic, the hearts of Apostle spawns and the kidnapped twins... ;)

bloodaxis

Sep 1, 2017
I am absolutely amazed by the amount of times i have said this, and by the amount of times you ignored it. I've already said that using normal people as an example is incorrect, the rules for them are different. And even if I'm wrong and it works the same for both, Ella will nevertheless need to feed the connection, otherwise the power already used on the transformation will be spent, while the tree man will simply produce new power. That means that if Ella spent 100 monster energy points on the tree, and Duncan currently has 0, he will just wait a little until he will get 200 and restore himself, I don't think I can explain this in any simpler way. And yes, he probably can't do that since his consciousness is fucked up, we have discussed this already.
It's very likely that he could ignore the change and no matter how much power he has it still wouldn't change him back. Everything we've seen so far about how powers interact on other people is that they're like a seal that have to be either be unravelled slowly with finesse or bruteforced through, but either case is easier said than done even if the dude happened to be much much stronger in raw power than Ella.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes