Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
She said she and the other monsters were called to the city. It COULD be that HERO is experimenting with some shit they don't understand but it could also be some super entity calling them for an event. Might be tied to the whole "they will come from the Moon" bit. Like, whatever is coming will touch down in the area of the city and wants an audience. Or emergency snacks.
I have a theory that the serum that HERO uses to trigger evolution is made of processed monsters.
That's why they need living monsters and therefore they are probably responsible for summoning them.
(We have to save Minyak!)

I also think that artificial evolution will never be as strong as natural.
The main character is only lvl 2 and was able to fight and defeat enemies who were lvl 3, maybe even lvl 4.
Because his evolution is natural, he has much more control over his power.
I think at lvl 3, he should be able to beat even some HERO lvl 5.

Zetsuko

Sep 22, 2016
I have a theory that the serum that HERO uses to trigger evolution is made of processed monsters.
That's why they need living monsters and therefore they are probably responsible for summoning them.
(We have to save Minyak!)

I also think that artificial evolution will never be as strong as natural.
The main character is only lvl 2 and was able to fight and defeat enemies who were lvl 3, maybe even lvl 4.
Because his evolution is natural, he has much more control over his power.
I think at lvl 3, he should be able to beat even some HERO lvl 5.
It's literally stated in the story that the natural evolution is FAR superior. And I mean FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR superior;
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Zetsuko
This is not always true.

Jake is lvl 2 NE (natural evolution) and can be killed by drunken hobo with rusty knife and earplugs.
Some abilities simply have much more use in actual combat and some are more tactical.

Cross power can look cool, but you can still be killed by single bullet or explosion.
Even the strongest attack is useless if you don't have a strong enough body so that the surprise attack doesn't kill you.

And even the strongest abilities have their weaknesses.
Main hero is lvl 2 NE and can by easily killed by lvl 1 AE (artificial evolution) who can shoot bolts of electricity.

BUT

What I meant to say is, that when two superhumans fight with combat powers that don't automatically negate the other, NE will almost always be stronger than AE.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
1. In the latest update you break the mental chains Jake put in your mind, you do so with the assistance of the same voice you got during the levelup. Based on the dialog (don't remember exact wording but something about refusing to be chained by [some-name]) I believe that he is the source of your powers and is refusing to have a vessel of his be bound by a vessel of a rival monster (the source of jake's powers).
2. didn't Ella say that freeform development of your powers where you diverge from your original powerset can only happen in higher evolutions with the first one giving you powers that depend on the origin of your powers rather than yourself?
3. MC did do his best training his mental powers, they never came to him as easily as jake's did.
4. MC got a completely different eye than Jake after evolution.

All of those lead me to believe Jake just has a different origin to his powers rather than being the same powerset modified by their subconscious to have a different focus.

Also speaking of levels, the superhumans in HERO seem to be using serums to levelup. And from the ultimate fight against klaus it became quite clear that such artificial levels are vastly weaker than a proper one like the MC had.
I am hypothesizing that the maximum level being 5 is actually a drawback of the artificial serum based levelup method.
Basically those guys (and gals) have crippled their cultivation. sacrificing their foundation for quick powerups.

I also am sure Ella survived because of this very same reason. Yea he is level 5 to her level 4. But I believe she earned her levels without injections.
You look to close at the end. All of the monsters and mutants have too much in common to neglect the fact they are (infected) from a single species or even a single monster. The mutants developed their powers based on their host. Sure, the direct blood- or lets say goo-line refers to the previous one or the strongest of them, but basically they all see mother in their evolution. They may have differences like black and white people or nerds and athlets, but overall its the same species and mother is either the source of all of them or it is a distant (moon) core creature of a hive mind like the borg queen from star trek that tries connect or just to contact their "people", would explain why we only see/hear her in evolution stages while the raw power outbreak overwhelms the host until he adapts and it settles down. It could also be a genetic memory about their origin, however, point is all monsters are one species and all hybrids are just family...and like every family there are some you like and some you want to burn in public. Your symbiont, the voice, whatever you want to call it managed to break of the memory block, of course it is enraged because they were there in the first place and any enraged primal insinct knows only one solution to calm down: Annihilate the reason.

Natural evolution is of course stronger and more adapted then the forced ones. It my even be a limiter. Who says the hightest possible evolution rank is 5? Those who reached it with serums and the scientists who couldnt push it further. We never saw an natural evolved one beyond level 4, but we know we can absorb power...do you think if a lvl 4 beats an other level 4 and absorbs it would stay at level 4 or level up? I dont think so...and i also dont think it would stop there.

I'm different when it comes to Mia. I'm not interested in her, sexually or romantically. She's like a little sister/friend for me.
Thats exactly why i am interested in her, sexually and romantically ^^
It's just how her character is written. A bit too innocent for my tastes.
And thats the reason why she is number one on my list. Compared to her every other girl in the game is a slut or even a whore.

I'm quite sorry we were forced to kill second Minyak. I hope we get a chance to save the first one. I feel guilty for letting her fall into the hands of H.E.R.O.
We never killed her, they fused together. Noone said they cant defuse once they have enough energy (food and time) to do so.
Guilty? No, but it pissed me off to hand my prey over...or die trying to prevent it.

Zetsuko

Sep 22, 2016
Zetsuko
This is not always true.

Jake is lvl 2 NE (natural evolution) and can be killed by drunken hobo with rusty knife and earplugs.
Some abilities simply have much more use in actual combat and some are more tactical.

Cross power can look cool, but you can still be killed by single bullet or explosion.
Even the strongest attack is useless if you don't have a strong enough body so that the surprise attack doesn't kill you.

And even the strongest abilities have their weaknesses.
Main hero is lvl 2 NE and can by easily killed by lvl 1 AE (artificial evolution) who can shoot bolts of electricity.

BUT

What I meant to say is, that when two superhumans fight with combat powers that don't automatically negate the other, NE will almost always be stronger than AE.
Actually, Cross power gives the character a real hard-ass time, just cause of the simple fact that the crosses can also protect the person.

Also, i bet you didn't, but you can ask the BLue haired woman(With the cross power) to show you her tits in a certain scene(And she will, if you're "nice" to her up to that point). She literally had a stab wound(From you) wide enough to fit your palm in it...Maybe both palms.(Image below in the spoiler) and she's still alive.

It's certainly clear that NO superpowered being in this universe has normal resistance to damage or regeneration...So no, I don't think she'd be killed by a bullet wound, probably not even in the head...Maybe WeirdWorld can clear this out. And no, jake would probably be not impervious to a hobo's attacks, but he'd definitely be able to receive about 20 stab wounds and come out alive.(Considering Blue haired woman is a lvl 1 with no regeneration or hardening powers(Since her crosses don't give her that) and Jake is a lvl 2 evolution.)

My point about some powers being absolutely more destructive and devastating also still stands. Main character's gonna probably be the strongest one out there IN THE END, but even then, a lvl 1 Jake was able to affect lvl 1(In the path to lvl 2) main character...And even when the Main character is level 2, he still doesn't break out of that power on his own(Which I repeat, was put there by level 1 jake).

In the end, best "real situation" powers are the ones that either let you end a fight without a struggle(A oneshot kill) or entirely avoid the fight itself(Jake was able to affect the level 4 red haired chick, and she didn't even notices UNTIL the gun user told her what the fuck was she doing, so that she would question it)

there

Nov 23, 2016
Actually, Cross power gives the character a real hard-ass time, just cause of the simple fact that the crosses can also protect the person.

Also, i bet you didn't, but you can ask the BLue haired woman(With the cross power) to show you her tits in a certain scene(And she will, if you're "nice" to her up to that point). She literally had a stab wound(From you) wide enough to fit your palm in it...Maybe both palms.(Image below in the spoiler) and she's still alive.

It's certainly clear that NO superpowered being in this universe has normal resistance to damage or regeneration...So no, I don't think she'd be killed by a bullet wound, probably not even in the head...Maybe WeirdWorld can clear this out. And no, jake would probably be not impervious to a hobo's attacks, but he'd definitely be able to receive about 20 stab wounds and come out alive.(Considering Blue haired woman is a lvl 1 with no regeneration or hardening powers(Since her crosses don't give her that) and Jake is a lvl 2 evolution.)

My point about some powers being absolutely more destructive and devastating also still stands. Main character's gonna probably be the strongest one out there IN THE END, but even then, a lvl 1 Jake was able to affect lvl 1(In the path to lvl 2) main character...And even when the Main character is level 2, he still doesn't break out of that power on his own(Which I repeat, was put there by level 1 jake).

In the end, best "real situation" powers are the ones that either let you end a fight without a struggle(A oneshot kill) or entirely avoid the fight itself(Jake was able to affect the level 4 red haired chick, and she didn't even notices UNTIL the gun user told her what the fuck was she doing, so that she would question it)
The red haired chick was in her final evolution.

I think, simply speaking some powers are more offensive oriented (like the cross chick), some defensive oriented (the blue plasma chick), some sort of both (pink plasma dude), some entirely tactical (Mind control dude, Jake) and some jack of all trades (like our MC). The limits to the power one has are dependent upon not only who gave them their power but also how creative they are when using it and how much latent energy they have to make use their power (via evolution stage).

It is interesting and I want to see how much our MCs power giving species is inspired by Venom (from MARVEL) as a lot of it's history sounds similar to it. Maybe we will even see a Knull equivalent in this game.

Reactions: zandalari

Zetsuko

Sep 22, 2016
The red haired chick was in her final evolution.

I think, simply speaking some powers are more offensive oriented (like the cross chick), some defensive oriented (the blue plasma chick), some sort of both (pink plasma dude), some entirely tactical (Mind control dude, Jake) and some jack of all trades (like our MC). The limits to the power one has are dependent upon not only who gave them their power but also how creative they are when using it and how much latent energy they have to make use their power (via evolution stage).

It is interesting and I want to see how much our MCs power giving species is inspired by Venom (from MARVEL) as a lot of it's history sounds similar to it. Maybe we will even see a Knull equivalent in this game.
Oh, true, the one with the 4th Evo was Ella.

Still, Jake was able to affect her until she actually found out and got mad at him.

The reason why I say that potentially the cross power and the likes of it are the most powerful;

She could just stare at about ANYONE, including the final evolution red haired girl, or the gun user...And, in the end, she'll still split them in 4 pieces with a snap of her fingers. Sure, in an actual combat she'd have no chance against one of them cause she'd get oneshotted, her cross wouldn't defend her from the buried swords, or pistol rays, etc...But like I said, she can potentially just outright kill anyone no matter the power level they're on, just cause being able to outright insta-slice someone with no ability to dodge is one of the most...Mmh...Overpowered abilities that you can probably see, ever, specially if she can do that at level 1.

Still, yeah, you've got a point in that, it depends on the enemy too, though. Cross power wouldn't do anything against the Minyak, probably, but she'd also be unable to hurt you(Since crosses would stop the spit and they're not physical, so it isn't really something she'd be able to control.

Mental powers would also be worthless against monsters like those, in which case powers like the Gravity bomb power or Neon Plasma power would be better. Realistically, in a real fight, the main character would absolutely lose that fight. There's chances in which the Minyak could have just spat at him or become gooey so the punches would go through(And control the hand after that), or more stuff like that.

I'm overthinking stuff at his point though, I like speculating with powers and stuff, you know?

I also think it's probable that because of the transformative nature of the character's power, he'll be able to consume other powers, or, most likely, imitate some of them...Maybe not though, who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: zandalari and there

there

Nov 23, 2016
Oh, true, the one with the 4th Evo was Ella.

Still, Jake was able to affect her until she actually found out and got mad at him.

The reason why I say that potentially the cross power and the likes of it are the most powerful;

She could just stare at about ANYONE, including the final evolution red haired girl, or the gun user...And, in the end, she's still split them in 4 pieces with a snap of her fingers. Sure, in an actual combat she'd have no chance against one of them cause she'd get oneshotted, her cross wouldn't defend her from the buried swords, or pistol rays, etc...But like I said, she can potentially just outright kill anyone no matter the power level they're on, just cause being able to outright insta-slice someone with no ability to dodge is one of the most...Mmh...Overpowered abilities that you can probably see, ever, specially if she can do that at level 1.

Still, yeah, you've got a point in that, it depends on the enemy too, though. Cross power wouldn't do anything against the Minyak, probably, but she'd also be unable to hurt you(Since crosses would stop the spit and they're not physical, so it isn't really something she'd be able to control.

Mental powers would also be worthless against monsters like those, in which case powers like the Gravity bomb power or Neon Plasma power would be better. Realistically, in a real fight, the main character would absolutely lose that fight. There's chances in which the Minyak could have just spat at him or become gooey so the punches would go through(And control the hand after that), or more stuff like that.

I'm overthinking stuff at his point though, I like speculating with powers and stuff, you know?

I also think it's probable that because of the transformative nature of the character's power, he'll be able to consume other powers, or, most likely, imitate some of them...Maybe not though, who knows.
I agree but let me elaborate, some powers are just ultra specifically good at doing one thing. In the case of the cross girl nobody is better than her when it comes to cutting in a cross shape pattern but is sort of limited to doing exactly just that in a smaller or larger scale unless she can somehow be creative with it.

Point being like many animals, these people with powers are great at doing somewhat specific things (like lions are ambush hunters in the land, crocodiles are the best ambush hunters of the lake, giraffe can eat from high places, cheetahs can run the fastest on land for a short while, etc) therefore a lion cannot beat a crocodile at ambush hunting in the lake and vice versa. Hence, its understandable that the Red Iron Lady was not able to fight against Yellow Mental Man (Jake) until she understood exactly what he is able to do, in which case she was able to beat him (like a hippo fighting against a lion, the lion does not stand a chance unless the lion can get lucky catch a weakened hippo by surprise). In the same sense the blue cross lady has the potential to kill absolutely anyone (like a lion) but in some cases her powers are useless. Our MC can regenerate itself from anything therefore, he is a great counter to her (like a Rhino's thick skin is a great counter to the bite of animals).

Which is why if you think about their powers like that you will notice some of them are unbeatable in some situations and very beatable in others. Which is why I like our MC. He is a jack of all trades and can use his powers, offensively, defensively, tactically (memory gain, shape change, formless, etc) and his ability to beat others are mostly dependent upon how creative he can get.

He sort of reminds me of us (humans) we are not the strongest, or the fastest, or the biggest but us as a species used the advantages we had as creatively as possible to win battles against other species. We are intelligent, but we can make and throw things (like spears), we can also communicate and teach the next generation what we have learned building upon it, we can eat nearly anything, live in large numbers and run for long distances because we can not only heat ourselves but also cool ourselves down allowing us to live anywhere. We used these advantages in combination as best we could to come out on top. Did we win all the time, NO but we learned from it and won eventually.

I want our MC in this game to be like that. I do not want him to get overpowered by absorbing powers but use his jack of all trades powers to learn through it and eventually use his powers in such a way that he becomes overpowered in nearly all situations.

Zetsuko

Sep 22, 2016
I agree but let me elaborate, some powers are just ultra specifically good at doing one thing. In the case of the cross girl nobody is better than her when it comes to cutting in a cross shape pattern but is sort of limited to doing exactly just that in a smaller or larger scale unless she can somehow be creative with it.

Point being like many animals, these people with powers are great at doing somewhat specific things (like lions are ambush hunters in the land, crocodiles are the best ambush hunters of the lake, giraffe can eat from high places, cheetahs can run the fastest on land for a short while, etc) therefore a lion cannot beat a crocodile at ambush hunting in the lake and vice versa. Hence, its understandable that the Red Iron Lady was not able to fight against Yellow Mental Man (Jake) until she understood exactly what he is able to do, in which case she was able to beat him (like a hippo fighting against a lion, the lion does not stand a chance unless the lion can get lucky catch a weakened hippo by surprise). In the same sense the blue cross lady has the potential to kill absolutely anyone (like a lion) but in some cases her powers are useless. Our MC can regenerate itself from anything therefore, he is a great counter to her (like a Rhino's thick skin is a great counter to the bite of animals).

Which is why if you think about their powers like that you will notice some of them are unbeatable in some situations and very beatable in others. Which is why I like our MC. He is a jack of all trades and can use his powers, offensively, defensively, tactically (memory gain, shape change, formless, etc) and his ability to beat others are mostly dependent upon how creative he can get.

He sort of reminds me of us (humans) we are not the strongest, or the fastest, or the biggest but us as a species used the advantages we had as creatively as possible to win battles against other species. We are intelligent, but we can make and throw things (like spears), we can also communicate and teach the next generation what we have learned building upon it, we can eat nearly anything, live in large numbers and run for long distances because we can not only heat ourselves but also cool ourselves down allowing us to live anywhere. We used these advantages in combination as best we could to come out on top. Did we win all the time, NO but we learned from it and won eventually.

I want our MC in this game to be like that. I do not want him to get overpowered by absorbing powers but use his jack of all trades powers to learn through it and eventually use his powers in such a way that he becomes overpowered in nearly all situations.
I wouldn't say our character is a Jack of all trades, he's more of a powerhouse. Let me elaborate;

He has Average to infinite defensive capabilities, normal to infinite offensive capabilities, and he has normal to infinite regenerative capabilities.

Why infinite? Well, cause the more he evolves the stronger all these things will become at the same time; Obviously it's not absolutely infinite, but he is a powerhouse cause his abilities grow exponentially, they're not at base value.

Mmh...To put it in simpler words; He can do one thing and one thing only, BUT he can do it better and better, as where Cross-woman(I actually think her name is Danica...?) and the likes of her(Red haired girl, pistol guy) are actual fighting forces. It's not the same really; Remember the fight against the giant Minyak? The way you beat it isn't by freezing it(Cause it's a slime) or something like that, or dodging till it gets tired with your speed(It's a game over, this.), you literally powerhouse the encounter, you're just a normal you with your basic abilities you have even from evolution 1, but bigger. How did you beat Kenny at the start? Powerhouse, too.

Also, cross woman's power is a counter to our character, not the other way around...He only wins cause she's overconfident and he discovers a flaw in her patterns of attack, but if you make the wrong choice(I tend to pick all choices and go back to see all the outcomes), she just splits you in 4 pieces, then proceeds to mangle your now regenerating immobile body with crosses till you run out of fuel and die. The fact that she can skip all defense and straight up mutilate is what makes her ability special, red haired girl swords can probably be tanked with enough armor(If you're equally evolved and all that), but not straight up magical disintegration.

There's also an alternate choice if you stay and talk with her when she suddenly appears where she oneshots the both of you at the same time.(Gravity power woman and you), she literally splits the both of you in 4 pieces, she obviously instantly dies and you get mangled to death, like in the other version.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
You look to close at the end. All of the monsters and mutants have too much in common to neglect the fact they are (infected) from a single species or even a single monster. The mutants developed their powers based on their host. Sure, the direct blood- or lets say goo-line refers to the previous one or the strongest of them, but basically they all see mother in their evolution. They may have differences like black and white people or nerds and athlets, but overall its the same species and mother is either the source of all of them or it is a distant (moon) core creature of a hive mind like the borg queen from star trek that tries connect or just to contact their "people", would explain why we only see/hear her in evolution stages while the raw power outbreak overwhelms the host until he adapts and it settles down. It could also be a genetic memory about their origin, however, point is all monsters are one species and all hybrids are just family...and like every family there are some you like and some you want to burn in public. Your symbiont, the voice, whatever you want to call it managed to break of the memory block, of course it is enraged because they were there in the first place and any enraged primal insinct knows only one solution to calm down: Annihilate the reason.
1. All mammals have a common ancestor. does not mean we are not different species from a tiger.

2. Being the same species does not mean there are no specific genetic inheritances. You say "but they are the same species", but how does that justify your argument? if two A blood type people have a child, the child is not going to have B type blood. even if A type blood and B type blood are both found in humans, the individual parents must have it for the child to inherit it.

Reactions: there

there

Nov 23, 2016
I wouldn't say our character is a Jack of all trades, he's more of a powerhouse. Let me elaborate;

He has Average to infinite defensive capabilities, normal to infinite offensive capabilities, and he has normal to infinite regenerative capabilities.

Why infinite? Well, cause the more he evolves the stronger all these things will become at the same time; Obviously it's not absolutely infinite, but he is a powerhouse cause his abilities grow exponentially, they're not at base value.

Mmh...To put it in simpler words; He can do one thing and one thing only, BUT he can do it better and better, as where Cross-woman(I actually think her name is Danica...?) and the likes of her(Red haired girl, pistol guy) are actual fighting forces. It's not the same really; Remember the fight against the giant Minyak? The way you beat it isn't by freezing it(Cause it's a slime) or something like that, or dodging till it gets tired with your speed(It's a game over, this.), you literally powerhouse the encounter, you're just a normal you with your basic abilities you have even from evolution 1, but bigger. How did you beat Kenny at the start? Powerhouse, too.

Also, cross woman's power is a counter to our character, not the other way around...He only wins cause she's overconfident and he discovers a flaw in her patterns of attack, but if you make the wrong choice(I tend to pick all choices and go back to see all the outcomes), she just splits you in 4 pieces, then proceeds to mangle your now regenerating immobile body with crosses till you run out of fuel and die. The fact that she can skip all defense and straight up mutilate is what makes her ability special, red haired girl swords can probably be tanked with enough armor(If you're equally evolved and all that), but not straight up magical disintegration.

There's also an alternate choice if you stay and talk with her when she suddenly appears where she oneshots the both of you at the same time.(Gravity power woman and you), she literally splits the both of you in 4 pieces, she obviously instantly dies and you get mangled to death, like in the other version.
Got it. I did not think of it like that, considering what you said, that Cross Woman (Danica) is truly an offensive powerhouse and our counter. I also did not think of our MC as a powerhouse until you mentioned the last battle but our character is of the same species as her, however a level ascended which is why the battle was like two bears fighting against one another (the bigger and slightly smarter one won).

Still, I will not disagree the fact that our character is an overall powerhouse and is capable of doing damn near everything at it's highest level. I think that there is a base level of energy required of every Powers to do what they do and our characters base power is at a higher level than most (or maybe it is more efficient in using it) which is why he looks like a powerhouse (like a Judo master throwing people like they are nothing). We will see.

My theory is that our MCs Power giving species is a progenitor from which all other magical species comes from, which is why our MC has a little bit of similar power from all other magical species we will see from now on (shape changing, mental power, energy power to change other things, strengthening, defending, etc.)

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Zetsuko
You are right that all superhumans are universally more resilient and harder to kill. If they have enough time (and in some cases a little medical help) they are able to survive almost anything that doesn't kill them immediately. But if you don't have a specific ability to keep your body out of harm (protective shield, extremely durable body like Oskar or strong regeneration) you'll still die if bullet hit you in the head or if someone pierces your heart.

Jake's power requires that you hear him or that he touch you. So everyone who can't hear him is immune. Also, his orders must not be too against the will of the person, otherwise he will defend himself. Even an ordinary person was too much for him (Mia) when he wanted to go straight against her mind. Overpower the mind of a superhuman would be even harder. Using his power in combat would be very difficult, if not almost impossible.

Cross power is definitely not THAT strong because it has a lot of limits

a) You need to see your target well.
Anything that is too fast, too small or too far away will not be affected by your power.

b) Limited reach.
You can only fight at medium range.
And you will also have a problem fighting in the dark.

c) Very limited defense.
Although she proved to have some limited defensive capabilities, they were limited to the goals she saw.
Remember that only one surprise attack was enough to defeat her. Her body was very weak.

BTW

By the way, oneshot kill power is useless when your body is so weak that almost anything can oneshot kill you. In this case, even an experienced sniper is better. A good soldier with a high caliber sniper rifle and a silencer should be able to kill most superhumans.

Last edited:

Zetsuko

Sep 22, 2016
Zetsuko
You are right that all superhumans are universally more resilient and harder to kill. If they have enough time (and in some cases a little medical help) they are able to survive almost anything that doesn't kill them immediately. But if you don't have a specific ability to keep your body out of harm (protective shield, extremely durable body like Oskar or strong regeneration) you'll still die if bullet hit you in the head or if someone pierces your heart.

Jake's power requires that you hear him or that he touch you. So everyone who can't hear him is immune. Also, his orders must not be too against the will of the person, otherwise he will defend himself. Even an ordinary person was too much for him (Mia) when he wanted to go straight against her mind. Overpower the mind of a superhuman would be even harder. Using his power in combat would be very difficult, if not almost impossible.

Cross power is definitely not THAT strong because it has a lot of limits

a) You need to see your target well.
Anything that is too fast, too small or too far away will not be affected by your power.

b) Limited reach.
You can only fight at medium range.
And you will also have a problem fighting in the dark.

c) Very limited defense.
Although she proved to have some limited defensive capabilities, they were limited to the goals she saw.
Remember that only one surprise attack was enough to defeat her. Her body was very weak.

BTW

By the way, oneshot kill power is useless when your body is so weak that almost anything can oneshot kill you. In this case, even an experienced sniper is better. A good soldier with a high caliber sniper rifle and a silencer should be able to kill most superhumans.
I mean, what if I took the position of that same sniper, and then used a telescope to look at you real angrily and real hard and then snapped my fingers? Not to mention, the cross grows in size the more she stares at you, but the minimum bare size is enough to kill any normal person, or even a superhuman that would be killed by a headshot. Actually, anything that would be killed by a headshot, could INSTANTLY be killed by erasing a bullet sized X shaped figure from the head...And the initial size of the X is bigger than a bullet. It's also less conspicuous. You can trace bullets back to the place they come from, but with this power you can be the perfect X marks the spot hitman. You just need to give ONE look at your target(s), and then you can even wait a full day, snap your fingers, and all those targets will die.

And before you say you can't mark more than one person, she does in the game.

On another point; Very limited defense? Enough to stop your attacks and break your arms when you hit the flying crosses, so that's a good enough defense for me, far better than the Gravity defense, since this one is also harmful and harder(Even if it's not passive).

In Reality, if Danica had gone against ANYONE else other than our character, in the FIRST ever scene in which they met, she would've instantly won...Cause her power is a perfect assassination skill.

All powers except our character's have problems fighting in the dark, unless they're huge AoE powers in which case they would be dangerous for you even. Also, crosses probably illuminate the area a bit, they do look glowy at least.

All powers would have problems fighting anything faster than them...But actually, not the cross power. Remember, Danica would just need one look at you, after that you're just a finger-snap away from death. It can be while talking, or it can be while you're not fighting, but all she has to do it see you for at least one second, considering every X marks the spot would saw an X clean through you in the game. Not just a fleshwound in X shape, it was a literal X shaped hole through your body, making that effectively an autoaimed, instant bullet would every snap, and if she is able to stare at you longer, that's like a Barret-Sniper level of damage she can deal.

I do have to agree with you on Jake probably losing a fight in the end, but I doubt he would lose against a normal human almost, like, ever. In the game, you can see his first instinct when he is in danger is saying Command: Pain. Meaning any human would probably fall flat to the ground(According to himself), and that even works on superhumans, since the Ultraevolved red haired Blade-woman felt pain(But she was angry and resilient to it, since she's MUCH more evolved, otherwise it might have incapacitated or crippled her)

Edit: This is also the typical staple you face when talking about superpowers. The way you're "countering the powers" is by using gained knowledge...But if you just met Jake for a first time fight, or Danica...You'd probably never see it coming.

Last edited:

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Zetsuko
Crosses are not unstoppable.
Not only their size but also their strength increases.
MC he was able to survive a few crosses because Danica didn't have enough time to look at him.

I admit that if she has enough time and a clear view, she is able to kill anyone.
But how many enemies will give her that time and a clear view?

You don't need a stronger attack, you just need attack that is faster or hit a larger area.
She is not much faster than an ordinary person, and her body is not very resilient.
Speed, smoke, darkness, flashbang, sniper... she is not so hard to counter.

Zetsuko

Sep 22, 2016
Zetsuko
Crosses are not unstoppable.
Not only their size but also their strength increases.
MC he was able to survive a few crosses because Danica didn't have enough time to look at him.

I admit that if she has enough time and a clear view, she is able to kill anyone.
But how many enemies will give her that time and a clear view?

You don't need a stronger attack, you just need attack that is faster or hit a larger area.
She is not much faster than an ordinary person, and her body is not very resilient.
Speed, smoke, darkness, flashbang, sniper... she is not so hard to counter.
Again: She is not so hard to counter...If you know her power. You, as an all knowing god(The Player, who can see things that not even the main character sees), KNOW her power because the main character discovers how her power works AFTER BEING HIT BY IT various times.

The main character ONLY survives her because of his supernatural healing factor. Anyone else with a cross shaped hole through their whole body, is dead. In the case of a superhuman, not dead but gravely injured.

And again; She can also act as a sniper, anyone can be countered by a Flashbang, anyone can be countered by speed, and anyone can be countered by a sniper(Cept Minyak, the main character, or Ella cause they're goo.)

In reality, a tiny hole(Probably a quarter of a second of viewing you) can kill you if it's in the head. A superhuman could get severely injured by a "Bullet wound" in the head, unless it's a regenerative kind...And her cross starts off bigger than a bullet at face value...She could realistically snap her fingers straight after looking at you and you'd get a bullet wound to the forehead.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
And again; She can also act as a sniper, anyone can be countered by a Flashbang, anyone can be countered by speed, and anyone can be countered by a sniper(Cept Minyak, the main character, or Ella cause they're goo.)
Her abilities are based on visual projection through her eyes.
They cannot be used through a scope or binoculars.
Even glasses should make it impossible for her to use her ability.
All those items would shatter.

And I doubt that a miniature cross would kill an ordinary person. Oskar received several hits from her with quite large crosses and only had burns on the surface of the skin. His skin and muscles are firmer than normal humans, but I doubt they are firmer than a human skull. Not only the size but also the power of the cross increases as she looks at you longer. If she only sees you briefly, it won't do much damage.

Zetsuko

Sep 22, 2016
Her abilities are based on visual projection through her eyes.
They cannot be used through a scope or binoculars.
Even glasses should make it impossible for her to use her ability.
All those items would shatter.

And I doubt that a miniature cross would kill an ordinary person. Oskar received several hits from her with quite large crosses and only had burns on the surface of the skin. His skin and muscles are firmer than normal humans, but I doubt they are firmer than a human skull. Not only the size but also the power of the cross increases as she looks at you longer. If she only sees you briefly, it won't do much damage.
Can a human skull survive multiple shotgun blasts and grenades? Cause Oskar can, generally unscathed at that.

Besides, they didn't want to kill Oskar, she probably only used the Blue crosses, not the X marks the spot.

Last edited:

zandalari

May 4, 2019
Y'all talking about Danica's cross abilities and they are cool and all.... But imagine what the monster who made her can do. Does it control everything it can see via imaginary cross shaped vectors? I don't even know where the logical extreme of that particular powerset ends besides just "bigger. better, faster". Either way if we ever see it, I'd like to hand HERO the first shot at it. Good luck, have fun, I'll be watching through a telescope.

Zetsuko

Sep 22, 2016
Y'all talking about Danica's cross abilities and they are cool and all.... But imagine what the monster who made her can do. Does it control everything it can see via imaginary cross shaped vectors? I don't even know where the logical extreme of that particular powerset ends besides just "bigger. better, faster". Either way if we ever see it, I'd like to hand HERO the first shot at it. Good luck, have fun, I'll be watching through a telescope.
Danica's words;
She started running away from it but there was no escaping since the monster ALREADY was in the place where she was going to run...And, again, her words; She suddenly stopped feeling her legs, since they were "cut off" clean, but no blood. Meaning the creature just made a cut big enough to cut both her legs off instantly, and with no fingersnapping.

Most of the creatures are probably OP as heck; Look at the Minyak...As I stated before, the Main character shouldn't really have won that fight, her power was just over the top. Some other would have an easier time fighting her, but with the main character's powers, it would be nearly impossible.

Reactions: JDM88999
4.80 star(s) 346 Votes