Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Imma be honest.
If that's it for Ella, like, she's just dead that easily, I'm gonna be pissed. "My dissapointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined" level pissed.

That's all I have to add to the conversation.

Now back to being sick.

Reactions: TerminusPrime

statue345

Jul 29, 2022
Imma be honest.
If that's it for Ella, like, she's just dead that easily, I'm gonna be pissed. "My dissapointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined" level pissed.

That's all I have to add to the conversation.

Now back to being sick.
Ella is definitely either not really dead or coming back to life. Killing her off permanently while she still has so much left to do would be like Last Jedi levels of shitty writing to subvert expectations

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Ella is definitely either not really dead or coming back to life. Killing her off permanently while she still has so much left to do would be like Last Jedi levels of shitty writing to subvert expectations
Which is why I don't really believe she just "got got". She's arguably a scheming genius. The only reason I can see was that it gave her an easy in inside H.E.R.O.'s base as well as higher chance that her enemies would drop their guard, thinking she's dead thanks to the Death Word's power.

But with her mastermind quality, and her being lvl 5, being killed simply by a "the script says it" would be extremely off on WeirdWorld's part, given the quality of their writting.

Zorad

Nov 2, 2017
Speaking of Ella, is it confirmed that her body parts/blood actually vanish after being removed from her body? We know this happens to the MC and he as well as the other HERO members assume the same is true for Ella. But she had that vial containing the blood of the 3rd for who knows how long and that thing is intact. Maybe the "vanishing" part is somehow related to the 4th's powers rather than the 3rd's? If that is true, maybe the body at HERO could be a fake that has its own autonomy/conciousness.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Speaking of Ella, is it confirmed that her body parts/blood actually vanish after being removed from her body? We know this happens to the MC and he as well as the other HERO members assume the same is true for Ella. But she had that vial containing the blood of the 3rd for who knows how long and that thing is intact. Maybe the "vanishing" part is somehow related to the 4th's powers rather than the 3rd's? If that is true, maybe the body at HERO could be a fake that has its own autonomy/conciousness.
Yes, MC touched on this during the apartment visit with Christie and Emily. Her parts vanish like MC though they can leave residue that MC can use his Memory Trait to pick up on.

Reactions: Misalton and Zorad

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Which is why I don't really believe she just "got got". She's arguably a scheming genius. The only reason I can see was that it gave her an easy in inside H.E.R.O.'s base as well as higher chance that her enemies would drop their guard, thinking she's dead thanks to the Death Word's power.

But with her mastermind quality, and her being lvl 5, being killed simply by a "the script says it" would be extremely off on WeirdWorld's part, given the quality of their writting.
Hey, I guess Ella couldn't handle of the Negative Energy she was getting from the fans.

I swear WW was clever with calling Nyx's attack "Negative Energy".

divertox

Jul 2, 2023
The game is very good, definitely in my top 3, but I made so many saves along the way that now I'm sad about the mess it is, does anyone know how to clear all the saves?

Harrison5131

Sep 11, 2020
The game is very good, definitely in my top 3, but I made so many saves along the way that now I'm sad about the mess it is, does anyone know how to clear all the saves?
windows key+R %appdata% renpy superhuman Then you can delete them all or whichever ones you want easily

Reactions: divertox

JuAqe

Oct 14, 2020
Never seen anyone mention it --And it could have been patched out-- But back when you have the option to reveal everything about ella or not to the captains, if you choose not to your relationship with ella goes up by one, implying that she had and was using some sort of method to listen in on the conversation, and its extremely unlikely that she just didnt know what Nyx's power was-- On top of that if her regenerative power is anything like the mc's power or like how she described it "if theres even a speck of me left ill come back"so its my headcanon that theres some way for the mc and ella to circumvent this power-- as additionally the greatest power according to cave mommy is authority when used properly, and what use is that if someone can just instantly kill you? So there may actually be an underlying condition for nyx's power to work, but thats bordering into plain guesswork. Now, off to disappear again

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Never seen anyone mention it --And it could have been patched out-- But back when you have the option to reveal everything about ella or not to the captains, if you choose not to your relationship with ella goes up by one, implying that she had and was using some sort of method to listen in on the conversation, and its extremely unlikely that she just didnt know what Nyx's power was-- On top of that if her regenerative power is anything like the mc's power or like how she described it "if theres even a speck of me left ill come back"so its my headcanon that theres some way for the mc and ella to circumvent this power-- as additionally the greatest power according to cave mommy is authority when used properly, and what use is that if someone can just instantly kill you? So there may actually be an underlying condition for nyx's power to work, but thats bordering into plain guesswork. Now, off to disappear again
The operating assumption is that Ella could listen in MC's conversations through Zara's mark. Now as far as Ella's death is concerned, there exist a lot of interpretations and theories. Some of them:

She was already marked in the past in the same way that she has marked Emily and Christie.
She was marked right when Nyx showed up, by an allied monster.
Nyx marked Ella herself before killing her. (This is the one I personally think most likely)
Returning to her normal form after getting hit by the ray signifies that something sketchy is going on.
Since she new about Nyx's powers, she had some contigencies that we can't possibly know of yet.
Perhaps she even created some contigency when she healed Mia.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
That was Zara's Mark. For whatever reason, MC and Xanthe didn't think to remove it before talking about their plan lol. I feel like that was a major oversight on HERO's part or maybe they wanted Ella to know they were coming? Either way, that's how Ella gained a point. MC was still under Zara's Mark.

JuAqe

Oct 14, 2020
I forgot all about the mark ngl-- but yeah, really doubt that she just had no plan whatsoever against near instant death

Zorad

Nov 2, 2017
Finally finished my second playthrough and I can comfortably say this is one of the best games in this site. Story, characters, soundtrack, combat, etc are all very well crafted.

If I had to complain about one thing is that the character development for the MC outside of combat is lacking quite a bit. He is basically the same guy as he was at the start, the only differences being that high corruption makes killing easier for him and he has a proper goal now (power/love). With a game this long I expected him to be a bit different by now but no, he's still the same airheaded, detached, apathetic guy. It feels like the dev is holding his character arc back until he finds out about what happened to his mom.
Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the MC by any means, he's still a good protagonist in my opinion, I just think he could be a lot better by now.

Aside from that, I'm very excited to see where this story goes. Ella's return and the Black Moon arrival are the two events I am looking forward to the most. SIN infiltration is also very promising and could give us more insight on the monsters and maybe even on Ella's plans.

Side note: my hero name is Shadow and I'm happy with it since I find it very fitting considering the MC has to stay incognito for most part of the game (and now he also works as a spy so it still fits). Imagine my surprise when I read some of the old comments in this thread when it comes to that name and the dog :HideThePain: You fuckers almost ruined the name for me lol; I'm lucky I played the game two times in a row before coming here, this gave me enough time to get used to the name before getting tainted by dogclapping insanity :KEK:

Dec 21, 2017
I'm pretty sure the walkthrough from about a year ago said how to get each scene in the gallary, and the current one doesn't. In fact, I think I found a bunch of places where it says choices don't matter, but the choices trigger whether a scene happens. Is there something else I should be looking at.

XX-topic

Jul 12, 2022
on another matter...i can't tell with certainty when the next release will be...but i hope it will be Friday :p

Demandred20

Sep 12, 2019
Meh the last like I dunno 5 releases has been in the middle of the week so I´m gambling on tuesday or wednesday 31st of october or the first of november.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes