Mt78

Feb 13, 2018
Quite the interesting game. If I had a complaint it would be that sometimes it feels like the text box is covering parts of the game that should be seen. Like if everything was elevated up just a bit it would be better. Oh that and that one scene where MC is by those jail bars. For some reason that hurt my eyes and head. I have never been prone to being dizzy from games. But something felt odd there.

I think you also missed an important animal at the zoo. Something like an Octopus would be cool because they are so alien to everything. You got a couple of cool ones with the Jelly and all but an octopus has 3 hearts and they can compress body down to fit through pretty much anything their beak can fit through, like a quarter size or something. They are also the absolute best at camo! Just an idea though.

It is so different than a lot of other stuff though, kinda get used to seeing the same looking renders over and over.
if you want to see the full image press the h key to hide the text

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Why constantly toggle the whole UI when you can just hide the textbox permanently and see the whole screen all the time?
I also play VNs with the mouse only and my extra buttons are reserved for stuff like skipping.
Yeah but you might end up having text barely readable if the background image happens to have the same color, don't you ?

Reactions: noobchan51515

MaximMuster

Jul 23, 2018

Freigeschaltet
News Update 33(On Schedule?)
Hello all, not much really to say this week other than that things are mostly on schedule. Expect the update to drop sometime around the end of next week. This'll be my last post until then, so see you later

a little to late

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Not even going to lie, the thought crossed my mind when i first saw her with Ella at the house.
Yeah, with how detailed the character's art is, and the little tidbit about her apparently having some sort of special skill, it's pretty obvious she's not a one-off thing. Clearly she's meant to appear again...

• Love
Reactions: wiwem71072

Dominosaur

Nov 21, 2021
Mhmm. Also, end of next week doesn't mean 7 days from now, it means saturday, or sunday (or the end of sunday, which between upload speeds and timezones might be the early hours of monday morning)

Dreamer44

Dec 19, 2019
Mhmm. Also, end of next week doesn't mean 7 days from now, it means saturday, or sunday (or the end of sunday, which between upload speeds and timezones might be the early hours of monday morning)
That message was published on patreon eight days ago. So it should come out this weekend.

empty sides

Aug 22, 2018
Didn't think this game would have such good writing, but hey I'm happy about it being great and surpasses my expectations
Well done Dev

I went with hero name: The end
fit really nice with my character name: Death
being the end of most things and a name that is often given a negative rep due to well the final farewell to things but really it's just the end of a story and a new one to start.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As for powers I'm a bit confused about the numbered monsters and how powerful we are and are not, I know we just evolved to 2nd stage but how powerful is that?
is it that the lower numbers are more powerful? are our monsters stronger than most monsters? If that guy kill their monsters does that make them Stronger than us because he was able to kill their monsters? Is cross lady still alive? How strong is elle compared to everyone else and what happens so that natural evolutions are stronger than drugged evolutions? What was that weird moon sequence? Where do the monsters come from and can we be friends? Will Jake die? what's up with the orphanage and elle, that was wholesome yet weird?

So many questions

Last edited:

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Didn't think this game would have such good writing, but hey I'm happy about it being great and surpasses my expectations
Well done Dev

I went with hero name: The end
fit really nice with my character name: Death
being the end of most things and a name that is often given a negative rep due to well the final farewell to things but really it's just the end of a story and a new one to start.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As for powers I'm a bit confused about the numbered monsters and how powerful we are and are not, I know we just evolved to 2nd stage but how powerful is that?
is it that the lower numbers are more powerful? are our monsters stronger than most monsters? If that guy kill their monsters does that make them Stronger than us because he was able to kill their monsters? Is cross lady still alive? How strong is elle compared to everyone else and what happens so that natural evolutions are stronger than drugged evolutions? What was that weird moon sequence? Where do the monsters come from and can we be friends? Will Jake die? what's up with the orphanage and elle, that was wholesome yet weird?

So many questions
I'll try to answer some of it. Some of this will be speculation but hopefully it helps.

The Numbered Monsters are extremely powerful. If we look at Ella's power(level 4) and compare her fear of them to her fear towards Level 5 Superhumans, it's safe to say that they're at or beyond level 5 in power. That said, there seems to be differences in power between the Numbered. If we take Ella's Dead End as canon(information wise) then there's a Numbered more powerful than our parents(Male is 3rd/Female is 4th), who both are already stronger than lvl 4 and 5 at minimum.

When it comes to Oscar's monster parent, i don't think he actually killed them. After playing over, it said he passed out and woke up alone with no monster body in sight. After seeing that his parent may be a numbered(MC's visions after evolving), i highly doubt an Evo lvl 1 could kill a monster with a potential 4 evolution gap, minimum, but loses to an enhanced Human. As for Danica, we assume she's alive since Nico(teleporting chick) only retrieved 2 bodies.

With "natural" evolution, I'm of the opinion that it requires forming a mental connection to a Numbered Monster(Jake) or having one as a parent(MC). The MC heard his parent talking directly to him when evolving. Jake also heard a Numbered(the 1st apparently) talking to him as he evolved. The distinction isn't clear yet but if we take Ella's and the MC's performance into consideration, they're more powerful than an artificial evolution of the same lvl. There's also a theory that i have for Artificial Evolution capping at Lvl 5. It's because they're too far away from said Monster connection so they can't access any higher, if there's higher evolutions.

Lastly, we don't know much about the Monster origins, besides the Moon playing a part. We do know that there's thousands of Monsters roaming the world. That out of all of them, the 6 Numbered, formally 12, reign supreme but they're not structured properly so it's a free for all. Looking at the MC, in comparison to all of that and the other Organizations, he's still at the lower end of the food chain. He can crush your average monster but he'll at least need to reach lvl 3 to be on par with Hero's Superhuman teams(excluding the lvl 4 and new lvl 5 members).

That's it for the powers and monster stuff, for now. This is still mostly specutive information but hopefully it can give you some understanding or help you to form your own. I used details from the game but it's by no means absolute. Since the update will be coming soon, we may learn more about this stuff.

Dominosaur

Nov 21, 2021
I don't think you're wrong (or right) but I think there could also be more variety to the structure of monsters. Something like, the monsters who infected us and Oscar might not have been Numbered, they might have been descended from the Numbered. Ella may have been afraid of that one monster because it is something that Makes Monsters. Basically, the theory goes

12 numbered come down/up. They Make some monsters.
Monsters make superhumans which either themselves turn into monsters, or stick around, maybe joining H.E.R.O. or other such organizations.
Superhumans who Turn can then turn others into monsters.
Those 2nd generation monsters are weaker, but still trace their lineage back to the original twelve.
This process can repeat, and the things that infected us may have been 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. generation. We were still infected by two different trees, but they were small branches, which the spooky thing in the dead end demonstrates are nowhere near as powerful as the originals.

Also, I don't think the numbers that they are directly tie to their power. I think it's more likely thatthe first was literally the first, but may be weaker than some of the others, or there might even be a complex edlritch horror rock paper scissors going on, like in Eternal Darkness (Muscle beats mind, Mind beats magic, Magic beats Muscle, but 12 ways instead of 3)

Also, I like your theory for artificial evolution. I'm not sure if we know that the 12 in H.E.R.O. all had Artificial evolutions, just that Klaus did. It also sounds super recent, so I think they might Just be Wrong, and they might be able to evolve more. Like how we used to think Electrons were the smallest things.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I don't think you're wrong (or right) but I think there could also be more variety to the structure of monsters. Something like, the monsters who infected us and Oscar might not have been Numbered, they might have been descended from the Numbered. Ella may have been afraid of that one monster because it is something that Makes Monsters. Basically, the theory goes

12 numbered come down/up. They Make some monsters.
Monsters make superhumans which either themselves turn into monsters, or stick around, maybe joining H.E.R.O. or other such organizations.
Superhumans who Turn can then turn others into monsters.
Those 2nd generation monsters are weaker, but still trace their lineage back to the original twelve.
This process can repeat, and the things that infected us may have been 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. generation. We were still infected by two different trees, but they were small branches, which the spooky thing in the dead end demonstrates are nowhere near as powerful as the originals.

Also, I don't think the numbers that they are directly tie to their power. I think it's more likely thatthe first was literally the first, but may be weaker than some of the others, or there might even be a complex edlritch horror rock paper scissors going on, like in Eternal Darkness (Muscle beats mind, Mind beats magic, Magic beats Muscle, but 12 ways instead of 3)

Also, I like your theory for artificial evolution. I'm not sure if we know that the 12 in H.E.R.O. all had Artificial evolutions, just that Klaus did. It also sounds super recent, so I think they might Just be Wrong, and they might be able to evolve more. Like how we used to think Electrons were the smallest things.
Thing is we know our parent is a numbered. The fairy/pixie told us to tell them "hi" when we see them again. This changes depending on your choice in the beginning. "Mother" is the 4th and "Father" is the 3rd. It wouldn't have been mentioned that way if we just met their lesser offspring. This part also happens before evolution lvl 2 so there's really no room to say he was referring something else as those two are the only ones we met in person that wasn't tied to a dead end.

Going further, we see visions of the different powerful monsters after we evolved, which includes them. I'm almost positive that the game also said the numbered are the most powerful amongst all of their kind. Now I'm not saying that it's not possible that they're offspring of them or that there isn't non numbered Monsters who're stronger than them. I'm just going with what the game gives. There's the Crossed one(1), Bat one(2), Glowing one from dead end(3), Fairy(4) and our Parents(5 and 6)(obviously not in order). Outside of the voice, it's made pretty clear that these are the strongest, for now. Some might not be numbered and other's could yet to be shown.

As for your generation thing, i already had/have a similar thought about how they spread and stuff in an older post. There's several monsters of varying lvls roaming around and all superhumans can't have possibly been turned by a numbered(was 12 but now there's 6 left) like the MC, Alice and Danica. Some definitely turned out like Kenny and went on to turn others while evolving over time.

Lastly, for the Artificial Evolution, we know Klaus used drugs to reach Evo lvl 2 before we killed him. We also know that Hero uses an improved version(s) of said drugs. While all of them may not be artificial(Deus), we know Clark, Alexis, Nico and other members do use those drugs. There's probably unknown factors to it all so we'll have to wait and see for the others.

There's other stuff to mention but I'll wait until the update. Which should be on the way. More stuff might get revealed and might even change my current thoughts or add onto them.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Just a thougt: What if Mia gets powers? while i dont think it happens in Jakes arc, i would not rule it out that she at some point could get some.
I doubt it'll go that way. I think she's more likely going to be the key to stopping Jake, one way or another. Either the state he put her in is going to shatter his resolve, or her potential recovery and intervention will be what's going to push him to "drop his weapon" so to speak.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes