kibaris

Mar 17, 2019
I guess if you could ask Tectonic Plates to move, Earth to stop rotating, or the Sun to stop burning, that would be fucking terrifying but it would also require terrible amounts of power that Jake clearly doesn't possess. And frankly I still think that at this level it messes with Truth's portfolio.
i think you have something here, "I lift my arms and the world trembles and cracks. " it made me think of earthquake,he could have some influence over the law of nature herself and it would fit with some natural phenomenon, after all lightning during thunderstorm, fire with wildfire , wind with tempest/tornado, ice and heat with temperature ,global warming and ice age.

and all that would fall under the 2nd , and Jake whas supposed to inerit both trait, it could be it since the law of nature is also known as the law of the strongest

Edit
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The power to structure all things, to write the laws that govern the universe, influencing nature could be that, earth by herself isnt a living beeing, Fire,Tornado,Earthquake,lightning, temperature are caused and influenced by something else and arent existing by themself.

Last edited:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
i think you have something here, "I lift my arms and the world trembles and cracks. " it made me think of earthquake,he could have some influence over the law of nature herself and it would fit with some natural phenomenon, after all lightning during thunderstorm, fire with wildfire , wind with tempest/tornado, ice and heat with temperature ,global warming and ice age.

and all that would fall under the 2nd , and Jake whas supposed to inerit both trait, it could be it.
Well sure, but since Jake doesn't seem like having manifested the Power trait at all, I'd guess that Ella was refereing to the Authority trait itself.
This particular quote "I lift my arms and the world trembles and cracks" seems a bit literal to me.

"The arm that did the deed disappears, fading into nothing once more, apparently having accomplished it's task."
scene michael156 with dissolve
"While the other, now points at Michael-"
Michael "(Fuck!!)"
play sound "audio/explodefire.mp3"
scene michael157 with vpunch
"He leaps out of the way immediately. There's no time for thinking or strategy, only acting on what he just saw moments ago, that monster being vaporized by lightning."
"But it's not lightning that fires from its finger, instead an orange beam of blistering energy, scorching a hole through earth, burning god knows how deep."
"Michael avoids it just in the nick of time, the monster not bothering to correct its aim as he dives for the floor."
"But... something is off."
He lifted his arm, threw a ray and according to the narrator it burned a hole who knows how deep. With a bit more effort, he could probably crack the Earth if he wanted to.

myst0501

May 30, 2020
Thinking about what expressions the various Traits have is a bit like changing ghosts. We also have small nuggets of info that really mess with my perception.

2. WW changed every reference to Jake to make it seem like he absolutely can't interact with Memories.

Even that ability to stop individuals from thinking about their memories seem to be a stretch for his powers.
Ella "You fucked her mind in a serious way. Messing with someone's memories like that... It's not what your powers are for. And using them on her while on the cusp of your evolution? Very dangerous move."

So it seems that the reason Mia's brain got destroyed was because Jake forced her to forget. The only way for the affected to forget is to.. destroy the brain? At least this one kinda makes sense?

3. WW seems to have deleted some old dialogue with Ella saying that her trasmutation power is something that not even the Apostles can do.

I put my hand in the fire about this. I'm certain that such a piece of dialogue existed but I can't find it anywhere. I guess it's not that important, but again I feel that transmutation kinda messes with Truth's portfolio, at least in some of the ways we've seen Ella do it. Perhaps Eisheth's domain is part of a more complex interaction, similar to Valravn's heart?
2. There is also the case of when Jake ordered Laurie to "Leave and tell no one that you found us, don't even think about what happened today." This resulted in Laurie forgetting without seeming to otherwise damage her mind.

3. That reference to them being unable to use powers is still present in the latest release. Its under label train21 in the eventstraining script.

Ella "Hehe, that's right. It's something that even the monsters that made us can't do."
You "They can't?"
Ella "No. They're transformative power is restricted solely to themselves."

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
2. There is also the case of when Jake ordered Laurie to "Leave and tell no one that you found us, don't even think about what happened today." This resulted in Laurie forgetting without seeming to otherwise damage her mind.
Kinda makes sense for Laurie to not suffer adverse effects for this (in comparison to Mia). The dialogue was changed to support that Laurie could not think about it. She tried, she knew that something happened, but her brain wouldn't allow her to think about it.

New Text:
Laurie "It's.... difficult, for me to think about. We were sent out with a bunch of others to search for Ella, the two of us found her and... she killed him."

Old Text:
Laurie "I can't remember.... We were sent out with a bunch of others to search for Ella, so I assume it was her..."

3. That reference to them being unable to use powers is still present in the latest release. Its under label train21 in the eventstraining script.
That's the one. Thanks. I thought it was during MC's visit to the orphanage because it was refering to transmuting matter. This piece of dialogue has some important exposition in my opinion that hits a bit harder since the last update. Ella mentions reading minds without knowing about MC's memory trait. It also supports a few of my newer theories.

What utility are you using to traverse the script? I have a program that combiles all days into a single file and mostly using "grep".

Last edited:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I just open all the scripts in notepad++, and use its search function there.
I'm on Linux so I can't use notepad++. Does that function search through all the different files?
If not perhaps you may get some value out of this. It's sorted by days first (number sort, not text sort), events second:

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019
Well sure, but since Jake doesn't seem like having manifested the Power trait at all, I'd guess that Ella was refereing to the Authority trait itself.
This particular quote "I lift my arms and the world trembles and cracks" seems a bit literal to me.
she could also said that because Jake should have manifested both trait but didnt,and autority is the more mental oriented trait when power is more about controling energies that's why she didnt care much about him once she didnt have any use for him.

For the 2nd it could simply be is whay to use is power yes, it's just that line also made me think about earthquake ^^

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gtdead

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
she could also said that because Jake should have manifested both trait but didnt,and autority is the more mental oriented trait when power is more about controling energies that's why she didnt care much about him once she didnt have any use for him.

Who knows, perhaps that's the reason. I quite like the idea that Authority can somehow affect objects and not just living things. It fits more to my cosmological model of the game.

One reason why I don't put much stock in the Order ability at this point (for Jake at least) is because Aglaecwif also kinda says that you need a lot of energy to use these powers. It's in the exact previous piece of text:

Female "Perhaps Order, would be the greatest power of all, taking the energy required to make full use of it out of the equation."

I really wonder what these powers can do. Truthfully, my previous idea about the Order power looked similar to how Truth is expressed in the game. So I draw a blank when I think about it. And it's not like Evolution and Infinity are easier to grasp. I thought that perhaps MC's tail is part of the Evolution power, or at least some very primitive expression of it.

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019
the brain control the body with some electric signals send through our body, he could force people to act through that maybe, it would be the non mental part of autority.
Or with strings, forcing other body to move against their will, like the 1st did controling Jake and mc body like is puppet and they where totaly aware but couldnt do anything in Jake dream.

Edit:
Also that line about Jake power beeing more oriented made me think about what Sylla said about Mc more inclined toward body at first even if he already had both trait.

Last edited:

JackDiabrew

Oct 28, 2017
During the last update WW removed a lot of text that made it seem like Authority can affect Memories. He completely changed how people understand Jake's weight loss, he made it seem like Laurie remembers but can't think about her time with Tony against Ella. I also think that he added dialogue to Ella making a remark how Authrority isn't meant to be used for Memory manipulation.

So everything Jake did to affect other's "perception" of him was crossing into Memory's territory. He literally removed every mention of the word memory in Jake's abilities and the timing of the "retcon" coincides very well with MC learning new memory stuff. I have a post in the offtopic listing all the changes in dialogue.

edit: What are the differences anyway?
For me the difference is fairly clear. Authority works on Behavior, Memory works on Perception.
Under Authority, If A kills B, he will know what he did, but couldn't do otherwise and may not question the reasons why he did it, thinking he was in the right.
Under Memory, If A kills B, he won't exactly know what he did, either because he forgot about it or because he remembered the scene/victim differently.

The difference with Illusion is that
Under Memory, if A kills B, only A will think that something seemed wrong about B.
Under Illusion, if A kills B, everyone will agree that something seemed wrong with B.

Edit: Found it
https://f95zone.to/threads/superhuman-off-topic-discussion.174695/post-12816370
Pretty sure his name was Troy not Tony, but ah who cares he's dead anyways.

sexoffended

Oct 6, 2020
Why doesn't it make sense for the tenth to be Illusion? In the end, Shen has powers based on illusion and dream manipulation (so they exist), and Eisheth is the direct progeny of the ninth and all her powers are built around rewriting the reality to her benefit. Given the general trend of the apostles' power pairs, this seems reasonable as an assumption. Will (mental), Power (physical); Body (physical), Memory (mental); Space and Time are in clear antithesis. So the opposite of reality is illusion, or at most dreams or imagination.
Shen's power can be explained by strong Memory augmented with Authority. Ella's ritual consisted of making a connection from both points. Same happens to MC - he's being pushed into dream by power with Memory lineage and guided through the process by Syla who exists entirely within memoryscape. Also Shen's ability to manifest some of his illusions physically after 4 evolution is an additional argument for his power being a Memory mix.

My theory for 10th is Lie. Truth works by imposition of concepts and events within certain physical borders, Lie destructs/ereases things and events if they stray outside of a predetermined borders like a deal or vow. Basically it's an explanation for Shopkeep's and Charlie's power.

sexoffended

Oct 6, 2020
Superhuman powers may come from different sources/origins, but that doesn't mean they can't be applied for similar overlapping results. Jake commanding someone to forget something is a good example.

Frankly, I fail to see why the mc couldn't replicate all of the powers jake has shown so far with their own memory powers once he's become experienced enough with them.

I also dispute that memory can't change your "present". Even by the time light bounces of an object we may be looking at and enters our eyes, a small fraction of time has passed. Given that, it is entirely plausible to say everything we are looking at any given moment actually exists a fractions of a fraction of time in the past. With that in mind, there is no reason memory cannot generate real time illusions by messing with someones memories of their perceived present moment.
I didn't say changing someone's perception on the fly is impossible, but rather strenuous to the point of impracticality.

myst0501

May 30, 2020
I didn't say changing someone's perception on the fly is impossible, but rather strenuous to the point of impracticality.
Why do you say that? Have we seen an example of the mc or someone else with memory powers doing this and straining themselves?

sexoffended

Oct 6, 2020
Why do you say that? Have we seen an example of the mc or someone else with memory powers doing this and straining themselves?
So far we haven't seen any example of memories being taken out completely on the fly as soon as they are made. We've seen Shen forcing his image into Elijah's perception, but judging by how Shen is capable of ordering people into dreams, his power must have Authority component. I suspect that taking out someone's memories with this speed, precision and completeness will be almost impossible for someone stronger than MC and absolutely impractical for targets weaker.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: myst0501

Marvoch

Aug 24, 2023
My theory for 10th is Lie. Truth works by imposition of concepts and events within certain physical borders, Lie destructs/ereases things and events if they stray outside of a predetermined borders like a deal or vow. Basically it's an explanation for Shopkeep's and Charlie's power.
I understand your argument, Lie and Truth are indeed opposite concepts. However, consider also that we are talking about 12 aspects of one God. The others all make sense, but Lie? Is this apostle the lie of God? Would a god lie? In this light, even Illusion is a weak option. Probably the most sensible options would be Imagination and then Dream.

Reactions: Robotai

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
I understand your argument, Lie and Truth are indeed opposite concepts. However, consider also that we are talking about 12 aspects of one God. The others all make sense, but Lie? Is this apostle the lie of God? Would a god lie? In this light, even Illusion is a weak option. Probably the most sensible options would be Imagination and then Dream.
Would a god dream? Imagination is something I could see a god doing but at the same time runs up on "toon force" type powers really quickly.

sexoffended

Oct 6, 2020
God maybe wouldn't lie, but his creations definitely will. And God's Lie is what they meet.

10th handles what happens outside of God's Truth.

Marvoch

Aug 24, 2023
Would a god dream? Imagination is something I could see a god doing but at the same time runs up on "toon force" type powers really quickly.
Yeah, a God would dream of creation before creating. It's not an alien thought. Still, it's not that strong of an argument, but more so than deception, IMHO obv. With a pantheon of gods, I can see deception being part of a portfolio. But a single god? I'm not so sure.

God maybe wouldn't lie, but his creations definitely will. And God's Lie is what they meet.

10th handles what happens outside of God's Truth.
The creations of Gods sure lie a lot. But remember that each apostle represents an aspect of God (the strength, the will, the shape, the intuition, the age and the space of God). Lie would be the deception of God. Tho', maybe I am too attached to the Abrahamic monotheistic outlook of God, considering that we are talking about a single God, the shaper of the cosmos and beyond, so the connection comes naturally to me.

• Thinking Face

sexoffended

Oct 6, 2020
Yeah, a God would dream of creation before creating. It's not an alien thought. Still, it's not that strong of an argument, but more so than deception, IMHO obv. With a pantheon of gods, I can see deception being part of a portfolio. But a single god? I'm not so sure.

The creations of Gods sure lie a lot. But remember that each apostle represents an aspect of God (the strength, the will, the shape, the intuition, the age and the space of God). Lie would be the deception of God. Tho', maybe I am too attached to the Abrahamic monotheistic outlook of God, considering that we are talking about a single God, the shaper of the cosmos and beyond, so the connection comes naturally to me.
That way God's Destruction also sounds kinda icky.

What is interesting is that nobody even considered some entity of this level other than God. We know about Outer Twins, we know that Apostles are divided into complementary components of reality 1 to 6, known to be alive and well, and opposite pairs representing some action/counteraction and considered by some to be dead. Maybe next update will come and put everything and everyone in their place.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes