Athmas

Oct 8, 2023
Here you go lads, just posted it

Sorry about the cliffhanger last update btw, I don't do it to be a dick(I am a dick though, don't think otherwise), I generally just do it on a dramatic moment. I mean sure, I could've just cut the update at the end of one of the dream segments, but who the fuck would be satisfied with that? I like to get people hyped up and talking.
I hope he's happy, had to go through withdrawal for a month and only just got back to normal at the end of February.

Reactions: SquallofNight

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
I agree that it's exponential after all I'm sure MC now (400-500) could easily beat a dozen MC/Kyle during the first party. Is there a level of power that causes you to fail the fight at the restaurant at the very start of the game? If you lose with less than 4 power for example and there are 4 guys it could make some sense that (at low levels) 1 power is 1 human but even then they had guns and were just random thugs which wouldn't be "average".
If you don't train at all before the fight in the diner and decide to fight the thugs you'll get a bad end. It's actually one of the most interesting bad ends in the game, especially since it was written very early in the game's development. It doesn't take very long to get to that if you start a new game. I suggest checking it out if you have 10 minutes to spare.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
If you don't train at all before the fight in the diner and decide to fight the thugs you'll get a bad end. It's actually one of the most interesting bad ends in the game, especially since it was written very early in the game's development. It doesn't take very long to get to that if you start a new game. I suggest checking it out if you have 10 minutes to spare.
There are some earlier scenes that have a lot of exposition but at the point they were released, the audience didn't know what to make of them.
The first deadend is one of my favorites. It's the first manifestation of the autonomous tail and the Power increase is an interesting piece of exposition.
Another interesting scene is hunting for the Minyak with Tiffany. It mentions greater spawn, ancient powers etc. It's the first instance of monsters showing some form of reverence towards MC, even if the Minyak was hungry out of it's mind.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
I vaguely recalled that a possible dead end there but since 1 power is largely irrelevant now (and it probably doesn't fail at >4 power anyway) im not going to bother. But I agree alot of early dead ends are very interesting in retrospect. Makes me wonder if/how more recent dead ends do the same (as far as foreshadowing).

There are some earlier scenes that have a lot of exposition but at the point they were released, the audience didn't know what to make of them.
There is even small stuff like Deryll not being able to look MC in the eyes (for a line or two) when Jake is getting bullied on the first day. Really shows that WW has had a fair amount of stuff planned from the very beginning

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
I vaguely recalled that a possible dead end there but since 1 power is largely irrelevant now (and it probably doesn't fail at >4 power anyway) im not going to bother. But I agree alot of early dead ends are very interesting in retrospect. Makes me wonder if/how more recent dead ends do the same (as far as foreshadowing).

There is even small stuff like Deryll not being able to look MC in the eyes (for a line or two) when Jake is getting bullied on the first day. Really shows that WW has had a fair amount of stuff planned from the very beginning
The interesting part about the first dead end is it's not dependent on the power stat. You have to train before the fight so you can learn to make your black hands. If you don't train you try to fight with just your stretchy arms, which causes the loss.

jak1165

Mar 10, 2018
The only thing I can't get behind as her "self interest" is healing Mia. It doesn't make sense for her to keep her promise to a (potentially dead) failure like Jake and she would know that MC would be able to do it at some point because ella has always been more body than memory.

I think its plot reasons over her being nice to MC for once but I really don't see how her helping the MC out a few weeks before he could solve it himself fits with her MO
Ella has already made clear that everything she does, she does for a reason. She's killed a lot of people. She's done some heinous shit. But in her view, everything she has done, she believes will make the world a better place. Will it? Irrelevant, imo. As longas Ella is motivated by her brand of self-righteousness, she'll do whatever she does. Its not hard to think that Ella is playing 8 moves ahead

Reactions: turbojoe

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
As longas Ella is motivated by her brand of self-righteousness, she'll do whatever she does. Its not hard to think that Ella is playing 8 moves ahead
I do think she "had a reason" and personally I think its plot. Waking Mia up before getting forced into hero (mc can't leave) makes the plot alot "easier".

In universe though what is the "8 moves" ahead for healing Mia a couple of weeks early? MC has the ability to not thank her so its not like she's doing it to get in MC good graces which relies on you wanting/caring about Mia in the first place.

Obviously she could be playing 40d chess and knows Mia's entire future and that she'll be absolutely required for her plan but there's just as much chance she isn't (50/50)

INquiop

Jun 13, 2018
Anyone else hoping in the next update the twins will be able to fuse into this absolute goddess now that they have powers since the whole twins thing in here make me believe they can do it

• Haha
Reactions: Simpgor
4.80 star(s) 346 Votes