Aug 22, 2018
What we know:
-the monsters are called Strength Eaters so assume some debuff capabilities;
-water related powers due to living in/being spawned from an ocean that spans 12 (?) galaxies and everything in between;
-the fish did a great job holding back Malik probably due to him being at an elemental disadvantage and mentioned debuffs, but that's still super impressive considering he can reach temps at the Planck scale.

Maybe more if I missed some bit of lore somewhere.

Also, you know, twins, so accelerated evolution for them. They will be very strong in the future. They are alive, why do you ask? Shut up.
We already know what Strength Eaters do: They are mental shapeshifters that take on the form of the strongest thing you can imagine.
We helped Nico kill one.

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
245871396985.jpg
Hey i'm also totally fine with not believing that, in fact i have my own theory.

So the initial plan of Tanos was to research twin evolution since it's linked between both siblings involved, he told Deryl the infection process was a sucess, no monsterfication, and that now they needed to wait.
To my understanding at this point he is waiting for Liz and Amber to evolve, we know that people can basically return from death/the brink of death when they do and that evolving completely heals the body.
Not just that if they do evolve they will be both at lvl 3 since it's twin evolution, i don't think it's too soon for that since we saw evolutions from lvl 1 to 2 happening in the span of a week, hell Henri made it to lvl 5 quick as fuck, so there you have it, they will be fine, strong and maybe even help us kick Cole's butt :).

zandalari

May 4, 2019
We already know what Strength Eaters do: They are mental shapeshifters that take on the form of the strongest thing you can imagine.
We helped Nico kill one.
Not quite. This is what she said during that event:
Nico "Obviously. One of our agents was clearing out a den in here, she was a second class, like you. But she was killed in action by something else, our scanners identified it as an A rank."
You "....What kind of monster are we talking about?"
Nico "An M:43. A type of shapeshifter."
===
Nico "And to answer your other question, no, it's not a shapeshifter like you."
Nico "This thing doesn't work with flesh and bone like you do, it works with concepts, thoughts, feelings... Memories. Immaterial bullshit like that."
Nico "It can only transform into something you know. Something you've imagined maybe, or someone you've met. Whatever it can dig out of your head."
show nicob an with dissolve
Nico "Which makes them a pain in the fucking ass to fight for anyone who's fought someone worth a damn. Because it can take the form of your toughest opponents."
Nico "If I'm unlucky, it'll be Malik that pops out of that thing and I'll have to fight that flaming asshole."
You "Shit... Will it be as strong as he is?"
show nicob nt with dissolve
Nico "For a time. But it's limited by its own pool of energy, so trying to use Malik's more powerful moves will likely just kill it quickly."
show nicob sigh with dissolve
Nico "I'll outlast it even if it fights conservatively, but it'll be a fucking pain in the ass. Which is why you're here."
show bmc s flip with dissolve
You "Me?"
show nicob nt with dissolve
Nico "Yeah. Monsters like this, or Strength Eaters are more dangerous the more powerful you are. Which is why we don't send people like me in first."
==

It was not a Strength Eater itself, but it does share a danger level to the strong ones. Good catch on that.

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
Maan this last scene was SAVAGE!! But dude, I swear the author will make me go crazy. I knew it was coming but it still hit hard, bc you never know. There is always that intrusive thought which goes lik : maybe he decided to finish this in this update. You can't know 'till you have played....
But fr this update was incredible but I kinda have a preference for the big update format. I hope he'll switch btw the 2. Cliffhanger can be good like in this case but you know what they say too much cliffhanger kill the cliffhanger lol.
I may be delusional or got swept in a genjustsu but I think WW said that he alrdy began working on the next update b4 actually getting this one out, so who knows maybe we'll see it faster than usual

Anyway, it was pure bliss. As always, hope the author stays safe and sound, that he grinds the sh1t bc next update will be EPIC

THX

Reactions: SquallofNight

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
What do you mean by believe? Did something bad happen to Liz? I played through the update and couldn't find anything, is it a secret scene or something?
My guy the whole thread is talking about that, just go back a few pages. But if somehow you missed it happens just after Mc escapes his dream prison and finds Liz and Amber cell, Cole is there and whitout spoilers he did something to Liz.

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
bold move but wonder if the creator has the integrity to keep her dead or she just going regenerate her body back in the next update.

Lammy123

Nov 7, 2021
Exactly, my guy is literally flashing back all his experiences with her and is probably gonna be the catalyst for his next evolution. She was the MC's first crush. She has the most romantic scene in the game. She has the most sex scenes in the game even without the NTR scenes. And ironically, the MC didn't really have to help her much beyond hanging around with her to fix her emotions and allow her to fall in love with you.

If there ever was a single canonical romantic interest in the game, its Liz. If MC was out of our control and had to pick a character as the LI, it would obviously be Liz.
Eeeeeh, this sort of thing always feels so heavily tied up in personal preferences and what you care about. Like if you pushed me for a single canon love interest for the MC I'd argue that Alice would be the most likely candidate. Just how naturally she fits into the MC's world/story and how she actively walks besides him as a partner is a really strong arguement for her being the OTP.

JackDiabrew

Oct 28, 2017
So finished playing the whole update while high off an edible so the fight with Michael VS met a really enjoyable fight showing off how much of a deadly combo Alice and Mikey will be at Evo 3, now on the topic of his eye not a big deal the mc can fix that right up after we get out or when Michael reaches evo 3(considering if you spare Danica a level 2 with both her eyes destroyed she says they got fixed with the help of xanthe but primarily fixed during the 3rd evo) if I had to say which of the 6 paths I enjoyed the most it would have been darkness seeing and fighting valravn at what would be his full power in the dream gets me so excited when we get to fight once more at our full power VS his full power. When I got to the end and woke up and saw the cliffhanger...Whether this means they are dead or can be revived next update Cole I will deflower you either by genderbending you into a chick and implanting memories while you're beat or you're getting devoured. Side note the introduction to the other world was amazing, did I miss any corruption choices tho? I'll have to check when I replay from my main save.

Reactions: SquallofNight

Lolikanion

Sep 11, 2019
What I find little funny about the ending is that Even if Liz is really, really dead. This world has just so many possible ways to bring someone back to life that I am not really stressed about her life. Even MC could potentially copy Amber's and everyone else's memories of Liz and put them in Liz's body.

nsfwdemanded

Nov 22, 2020
I only have two things to say here. First, Liz better be fucking alive, and alive now, not several updates later. Second, Cole better die for that. First that speech about how mc had a golden spoon or some bullshit, and then the whole Liz fiasco, yeah he better die at the hands of MC and MC better "devour" him and then kill him again in his mind to obliterate that cunt from existance permanently.

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
I only have two things to say here. First, Liz better be fucking alive, and alive now, not several updates later. Second, Cole better die for that. First that speech about how mc had a golden spoon or some bullshit, and then the whole Liz fiasco, yeah he better die at the hands of MC and MC better "devour" him and then kill him again in his mind to obliterate that cunt from existance permanently.
WW is going to cockblock us soooooooooooooooo hard with Cole. MC is going to beat him within an inch of death and the fucker will survive somehow and escape. I know it, you know, and everybody else knows it.
Liz is going to be fine. She received a lot of character progression and is the favorite of WW. While i love Alice as a LI for MC, the one who loves MC the most is Liz, by a lot.
Remember that weasel Jared is still alive to annoy the shit of us.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes