Hookonwifi

Jan 15, 2020
fuck fuck fuck should have wait another update!!! can't belive they kill Lizz and Amber!!! and it just end when we know it fuck damn ww better don't let them die real. If we get there first then we can heal them... fucking Cole and your mercy

Reactions: Nadder

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Regarding the last update:

It wasn't too long ago that I saw an MC heal an exploding head.
At that time MC was significantly weaker and had much less understanding of his own powers.
So unless the head was completely disintegrated, I have no fear for its owner's life.
:BootyTime: :BootyTime: :BootyTime:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
For anyone who missed it in the cliffhanger
"Cole "Trust me, it's a mercy. You don't want to know what they suffered through before they met their end.""
Both Twins are dead. Not just Liz.

My opinion on the cliffhanger:
Look, I really didn't like it. Not just because I like the Twins, but because of how this death is used.
1. Sets up Cole as the enemy, but Cole was already an enemy to begin with, he didn't need a setup.
2. The game has spent a huge amount of time familiarizing the audience with the Twins, showing their stories and their growth and using them as a device for MC to take action. They have prominent roles, so dying here makes all this time invested kind of.. pointless.

So even if we assume that the game always wanted to kill them to prompt MC to toughen up and destroy his enemies.. the sad reality is that the death was wasted.

This destroys any chance of reconciliation between MC and SIN / Ella's kids / Tanos and Eisheth. It's not just Cole. Everyone is guilty for putting them in this situation, for extreme negligence and a lot of other grievances. MC can't just forget this and join them down the line. This also happened in the same update that blurred the lines between Ella's goals, the Apostles and the Lord of Dark.

Additionally, there is a dissonance between the actual permanence of death, the reader's understanding and MC's understanding. For all MC knows, Twins are dead. Unless they somehow regenerate on the spot (which is actually possible based on their powers), MC should just accept that they died and avenge them.

This isn't something to forget. the Twins are literally MC's oldest friends. If MC wants to think of himself as a protector of those he holds dear, there is only one response, and this is to show the same mercy that Cole showed the Twins, to everyone involved.

On the flipside, chances are that even if the Twins die, they will return. Either through MC figuring out a new aspect of his power, through Nyx (with or without Charlie's assistance, as she too wants to ressurect her brother), or some other mechanism. This weakens the dramatic aspect of death and makes it a cheap cliffhanger.

Lastly I'm sure that this being the Twin arc, people would love to see the Twins in action. If that doesn't happen, then the game may spend a lot of time on MC attempting to ressurect the Twins and the audience will have follow along without knowing if the time spent on it is worth the trouble. If Twins can be ressurected now, they can also be ressurected later. It's hard for MC to get derailed in a quest to do it as fast as possible, with so many conflicts open and active.

Last edited:

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
If Twins can be ressurected now, they can also be ressurected later. It's hard for MC to get derailed in a quest to do it as fast as possible, with so many conflicts open and active.
I wouldn't be entirely sure about that...

Based on the conversation with Nyx and with our mom, it can be assumed that there is such a thing as a soul.
And it has been said about souls that they mostly pass on back to the cycle.

If I understand her power correctly, Nyx can mark and capture not only souls, but also the very essence of the being she marks. Although it still escapes me exactly how she recreates their bodies...
(Maybe the Doctor is preparing some flesh dolls for her, which could host both soul and essence?)

Anyway, if a revival is possible, I'm pretty sure the window of when it could be done isn't unlimited.

Reactions: Gigachad

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I wouldn't be entirely sure about that...

Based on the conversation with Nyx and with our mom, it can be assumed that there is such a thing as a soul.
And it has been said about souls that they mostly pass on back to the cycle.

If I understand her power correctly, Nyx can mark and capture not only souls, but also the very essence of the being she marks. Although it still escapes me exactly how she recreates their bodies...
(Maybe the Doctor is preparing some flesh dolls for her, which could host both soul and essence?)

Anyway, if a revival is possible, I'm pretty sure the window of when it could be done isn't unlimited.
You have to take into account that the game has teased Oscar's resurrection for a long time.

While we don't know how it will happen and there is nothing suggesting that it's possible for Oscar, I doubt the game spends so much time building up Oscars resurrection just to end up saying "you were too late little Charlie".

Add to that that MC can preserve their memories and perhaps Syla can potentially intervene in the Dream World to delay their souls from entering the cycle, I really don't think that time is limited in any serious capacity, no matter how death actually works.

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
Eeeeeh, this sort of thing always feels so heavily tied up in personal preferences and what you care about. Like if you pushed me for a single canon love interest for the MC I'd argue that Alice would be the most likely candidate. Just how naturally she fits into the MC's world/story and how she actively walks besides him as a partner is a really strong arguement for her being the OTP.
Hmm... If liz was the only love interest in the game, and she was forced upon us, I would not be here today.... Also, in wiki we actually have a wife candidate (only one and she clicks all the box for me to be a perfect wife)
And I agree that Alice has the most impact in MC's superhero life... MC has been with her through life and death multiple times
I am not replaying to the people who doesn't agree with me because we will never agree...they are liz fan...and I am anti ntr fan

Abazzaba

Sep 9, 2021
I'm beyond ready for MC to turn into an amorphous beast but still in control of himself.
Like a cross between Alucard with his limiters removed, and the monster you play as in Carrion.
Just swarming through the SIN hideout hallways consuming everything/one in a mass of maws, claws, and tentacles.
Rip and tear, until it is done.

alucard carrion.png

Last edited:
May 14, 2022
Hmm... If liz was the only love interest in the game, and she was forced upon us, I would not be here today.... Also, in wiki we actually have a wife candidate (only one and she clicks all the box for me to be a perfect wife)
And I agree that Alice has the most impact in MC's superhero life... MC has been with her through life and death multiple times
I am not replaying to the people who doesn't agree with me because we will never agree...they are liz fan...and I am anti ntr fan
metal-gear-rising.gif

TheOneZR

May 4, 2023
Bro i see some of you guys wants to genderbender cole but that will be a reward for him to be honest and the mc is beyond pissed at this point a revenge driven mc is not gonna stop anytime soon even if they survive the fact that they were killed is still there after the face and growl i see mc drag cole across hex dimension making sure he suffers a lot then kill and devour him and in his head he will be stripped of his power and have kenny (if you devour him) and bailey beat the shit out of him everyday into eternity

Ddlc

Jun 22, 2017
For anyone who missed it in the cliffhanger
"Cole "Trust me, it's a mercy. You don't want to know what they suffered through before they met their end.""
Both Twins are dead. Not just Liz.

Look, I really didn't like it. Not just because I like the Twins, but because of how this death is used.
1. Sets up Cole as the enemy, but Cole was already an enemy to begin with, he didn't need a setup.
2. The game has spent a huge amount of time familiarizing the audience with the Twins, showing their stories and their growth and using them as a device for MC to take action. They have prominent roles, so dying here makes all this time invested kind of.. pointless.

So even if we assume that the game always wanted to kill them to prompt MC to toughen up and destroy his enemies.. the sad reality is that the death was wasted.

This destroys any chance of reconciliation between MC and SIN / Ella's kids / Tanos and Eisheth. It's not just Cole. Everyone is guilty for putting them in this situation, for extreme negligence and a lot of other grievances. MC can't just forget this and join them down the line. This also happened in the same update that blurred the lines between Ella's goals, the Apostles and the Lord of Dark.

Additionally, there is a dissonance between the actual permanence of death, the reader's understanding and MC's understanding. For all MC knows, Twins are dead. Unless they somehow regenerate on the spot (which is actually possible based on their powers), MC should just accept that they died and avenge them.

This isn't something to forget. the Twins are literally MC's oldest friends. If MC wants to think of himself as a protector of those he holds dear, there is only one response, and this is to show the same mercy that Cole showed the Twins, to everyone involved.

On the flipside, chances are that even if the Twins die, they will return. Either through MC figuring out a new aspect of his power, through Nyx (with or without Charlie's assistance, as she too wants to ressurect her brother), or some other mechanism. This weakens the dramatic aspect of death and makes it a cheap cliffhanger.

Lastly I'm sure that this being the Twin arc, people would love to see the Twins in action. If that doesn't happen, then the game may spend a lot of time on MC attempting to ressurect the Twins and the audience will have follow along without knowing if the time spent on it is worth the trouble. If Twins can be ressurected now, they can also be ressurected later. It's hard for MC to get derailed in a quest to do it as fast as possible, with so many conflicts open and active.
To be fair this is not the first time WW uses a character "death" this way. Alice died when she was infected to the same effect during the first Klaus fight, the difference is how close she and Mc were. Michael died after being infected and came back right after, Deryl monsterfied to return fine and dandy, to an extent even if it's preventable Laurie is the same.

I doubt it's the last time something like that will happen but my point is it's not about how permanent the consequence is, it's about how living through the event affects the character, I think all those things were major points to all of them, even if I don't believe a possible death of the twins or if they return soon or later for someone to lose an important person like that is meaningful. And I am sure it will be for them too, dying might me a lot more normal to superhumans but whether they return or not it is still the defining point of their lives.

Katsuki45

Nov 8, 2020
Bro i see some of you guys wants to genderbender cole but that will be a reward for him to be honest and the mc is beyond pissed at this point a revenge driven mc is not gonna stop anytime soon even if they survive the fact that they were killed is still there after the face and growl i see mc drag cole across hex dimension making sure he suffers a lot then kill and devour him and in his head he will be stripped of his power and have kenny (if you devour him) and bailey beat the shit out of him everyday into eternity
Both endings to me are good, Cole wasn't the one that cause this situation with them, it was Tanos, this mf need a eternity of torture, but Cole can have some leeway in my opinion;
Before I never would thinking about turning Cole in a woman, but after seeing the possibility i began to think and .. 460c2e64c4e330433ba3f04f6a0496ecf59ca42cb7c3f68ab95b4611000a19e7.jpg
I think that MC will eat Cole and in his mind world we would have the opportunity to genderbend him

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
We're already in that situation with Ella as well. If every major character comes back from death then that cheapens not just death but being able to cheat death too. I think its more interesting for Liz to be gone gone

TheOneZR

May 4, 2023
Both endings to me are good, Cole wasn't the one that cause this situation with them, it was Tanos, this mf need a eternity of torture, but Cole can have some leeway in my opinion;
Before I never would thinking about turning Cole in a woman, but after seeing the possibility i began to think and .. View attachment 3492713
I think that MC will eat Cole and in his mind world we would have the opportunity to genderbend him
True i mean everything is possible in mc head but he will suffer a lot before that

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
You have to take into account that the game has teased Oscar's resurrection for a long time.
That's true, but it looks like that girl is somehow able to store his soul.
Maybe her mark doesn't allow the soul to leave.
Not everyone has access to something like this.

Add to that that MC can preserve their memories and perhaps Syla can potentially intervene in the Dream World to delay their souls from entering the cycle, I really don't think that time is limited in any serious capacity, no matter how death actually works.
By the way, I find it interesting that Syla was telling her son that her body is still fresh and juicy and that you can tell dad that he can play with it a little. My guess is that she probably didn't die a violent death. Maybe her soul was simply separated from her body, like Ella's. And since her body is fine and her soul didn't pass on, I guess it should be possible to revive her.

So, is her body in a casket or does some organization have it in the fridge?
:cool:

P.S.
Do you also find it interesting how many powerful superhumans invest a lot of time and resources to create their own phylacteries? I'm pretty sure the thing Deryl made for Ella was her personal phylactery and that puppet was probably supposed to fulfill the role of a flesh doll. I'm guessing there is some third element that the doll must find in order to be reborn at full strength. That, or the doll was her phylactery and the crystal is something that stores her power and need to be connected with the doll.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
To be fair this is not the first time WW uses a character "death" this way. Alice died when she was infected to the same effect during the first Klaus fight, the difference is how close she and Mc were. Michael died after being infected and came back right after, Deryl monsterfied to return fine and dandy, to an extent even if it's preventable Laurie is the same.

I doubt it's the last time something like that will happen but my point is it's not about how permanent the consequence is, it's about how living through the event affects the character, I think all those things were major points to all of them, even if I don't believe a possible death of the twins or if they return soon or later for someone to lose an important person like that is meaningful. And I am sure it will be for them too, dying might me a lot more normal to superhumans but whether they return or not it is still the defining point of their lives.
I really can't see the other deaths the same way that as the Twins death. Most of them were warrior deaths or there was a precedent/hope.

This was a comically abrupt death of two completely innocent characters and as I said, it only works in making MC angry at Cole and perhaps the others who were involved, like Shen and Eisheth. MC already knows that he has to protect his friends, he already has lost people. There isn't much to be gained here.

It's not like someone neutral or even friendly killed the Twins. It was fucking Cole. Given enough time, people will probably even forgive SIN in their entirety and solely blame Cole for what happened. And that's before even considering the permanence of death.

That's true, but it looks like that girl is somehow able to store his soul.
Maybe her mark doesn't allow the soul to leave.
Not everyone has access to something like this.
Could be, but I think Charlie wasn't a Superhuman when Oscar died. So "storing" is probably not what is happening here.

I think I have a theory. Nyx was basically trapped in her dream so she only had access to the people who were inside the river. Perhaps now that MC allowed her to roam the dream world, she can extend this to every soul.

This could be the reason why she says that MC helped her more than he realizes.

So if Charlie can find his soul there or somehow recreate it, it probably will happen that way

Last edited:

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
I really can't see the other deaths the same way that as the Twins death. Most of them were warrior deaths or there was a precedent/hope.

This was a comically abrupt death of two completely innocent characters and as I said, it only works in making MC angry at Cole and perhaps the others who were involved, like Shen and Eisheth. MC already knows that he has to protect his friends, he already has lost people. There isn't much to be gained here.

It's not like someone neutral or even friendly killed the Twins. It was fucking Cole. Given enough time, people will probably even forgive SIN in their entirety and solely blame Cole for what happened. And that's before even considering the permanence of death.

Could be, but I think Charlie wasn't a Superhuman when Oscar died. So "storing" is probably not what is happening here.

I think I have a theory. Nyx was basically trapped in her dream so she only had access to the people who were inside the river. Perhaps now that MC allowed her to roam the dream world, she can extend this to every soul.

This could be the reason why she says that MC helped her more than he realizes.

So if Charlie can find his soul there or somehow recreate it, it probably will happen that way
I disagree with the immaterial world being an afterlife kind of thing. This update established that Light and Dark make Soul, yet it is Memory that has the best control over the immaterial world.

Reactions: Gettyra
4.80 star(s) 346 Votes