TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
Considering that he wanted Deryl's help to make some of the serums, I think he mostly said the truth. Deryl needs to understand how something works to recreate it, so I think he would implicitly know if Tanos was trying to trick him for the most part.
I suspect that the 'Lie" has to do with the time needed for the procedure. He said that he needed days to do it due to synchronization issues, but the truth was the he turned them in a day and spent the rest of the time running experiments.

It's an easy lie to tell and it worked well to fool the audience, considering the extreme regeneration that the Twins showed. I really believed that the regeneration was due to being suspended in a ascension state as I had no reason to believe that Strength-Eaters can have that ability.
I'm not sure that he needs Deryl for any of that. It's possible his plan was to have Deryl make his new philosopher's stone that he could steal, then turn Deryl into another of his test subjects.
He could have been telling Deryl that he needs him to make serums because that's much more useful to Tanos than, btw, I'm planning on killing you when I'm done experimenting on your friends.
Tanos doesn't seem to have any kind of loyalty to S.I.N. or anything they want, considering he threatened to kill Cole for trespassing on his lab.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gtdead and Robotai

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Why keep him alive in even that way?
Even if some other theories turn out to be true, why keep him even remotely alive inside the MC's head?
He is the leader of sin and that will also give us a lot of inside information. Also can torture him inside the MC's mind as well. And they aren't really alive that is an memory imprint from devouring them.

AnonymousMouse

Jul 20, 2018
Welcome to the club.
Making my formal application to join this club! Before this update I was hoping for a hatefuck of the little bastard but he officially went too far with the end of this update, even though I’m fairly confident Liz will survive/be back (somehow? :unsure:) he HAS to die. On a no corruption play-through he’s my exception and he’s still dying :ROFLMAO:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
I'm not sure that he needs Deryl for any of that. It's possible his plan was to have Deryl make his new philosopher's stone that he could steal, then turn Deryl into another of his test subjects.
He could have been telling Deryl that he needs him to make serums because that's much more useful to Tanos than, btw, I'm planning on killing you when I'm done experimenting on your friends.
Tanos doesn't seem to have any kind of loyalty to S.I.N. or anything they want, considering he threatened to kill Cole for trespassing on his lab.
It doesn't make sense logically though.
If Tanos doesn't need Deryl's help, why would he include him in the first place when ignoring him would yield the exact same result.
If he just wanted to steal his philosopher's stone, why waste time with all this drama? It's not like it's hard to persuade Deryl to show off.
The Twins were agreeable from the start. Deryl wouldn't even need to be used as emotional support. There is nothing to be gained by including him in this endeavor if the serums aren't needed.

Perhaps Tanos didn't need Deryl to complete the experiment, but he needed to expedite the process with Deryl's help. After all, he and SIN live on borrowed time. Hex won't be able to hide them forever from HERO.

SquallofNight

Jan 21, 2024
One thing to remember about the Malik scene, is that it was a direct counter to him and a Chosen was involved.
1. Eisheth and the Estries (probable name for the pink monsters) made the barrier.
2. Undynes filled the orb with water (I suppose, based on the mythology), which is the natural counter to Malik's power.
3. Strength Eaters probably sapped Malik's power buying some more time.
So we really shouldn't attribute this to strength eaters as it was a team effort designed to work against Malik and most of the monsters involved already had an affinity for water.
Additionally, if the Strength Eaters are supposed to become stronger by facing stronger enemies.. shouldn't the Twins focus on draining Cole instead of MC? And then, we don't really now how they drain power. If they are anything like Michael's absorption of Energy, they have to engage in order to absorb, it's not necessarily a mental/intangible process.

So for this one to be true, a lot of things have to be true. Twins need to be conscious, their power needs to work at range and at will without a need for engagement, and they need to have enough strength to stun MC who is one of the more powerful level 3s.
I would give the Strength Eaters more credit in the effort to stop Malik. During their first meeting after MC was captured, when Malik offers to come rescue us (such a bro man, love that guy), Xhante comments not to underestimate their enemies to which Malik says something along the lines of "I didn't expect them to have Strength Eaters", implying that they were the ones bothering him the most.

Like, sure, Eisheth and her Estries locked him up in the Undines water, but it seems like the Strength Eaters were the ones taking the assault to him.

Also, about the possibility of the twins evolving, it could explain if they're the ones affecting MC, since Michael in his lvl 2 trance could suck him off with such force that MC backed away; not saying he would have died or anything, just that we have some precedence that the effect could be more extreme (especially on their case, since the effects of Strenght Eaters are supposedly worse the stronger you are).

Last edited:

Mahakmar

May 25, 2020
0.98 seeing the one you care in the state/where we at the story i so hope i can go medival on thar hiney when we will hit 0.99-1.0 complete

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SquallofNight

Jan 21, 2024
It doesn't make sense logically though.
If Tanos doesn't need Deryl's help, why would he include him in the first place when ignoring him would yield the exact same result.
If he just wanted to steal his philosopher's stone, why waste time with all this drama? It's not like it's hard to persuade Deryl to show off.
The Twins were agreeable from the start. Deryl wouldn't even need to be used as emotional support. There is nothing to be gained by including him in this endeavor if the serums aren't needed.

Perhaps Tanos didn't need Deryl to complete the experiment, but he needed to expedite the process with Deryl's help. After all, he and SIN live on borrowed time. Hex won't be able to hide them forever from HERO.
Not only that, but Tanos said that with Deryl's help things would be safer for them as well; if he really didn't need him, and was just lying, why even bother with the hassle? Even more, he seems interested in Deryl's philosopher's stone and comparing notes with his research/own stone as well. Theres just too much to gain from keeping in his good side, even if he lied about a lot of things.
For all its worth, this seems, at the very least, like a genuine attempt at showing good faith. And i'll reiterate, Tanos was happy with the twins and their progress, he left them to fully form the link wille he was taking the Rebis' input in his new discoveries. Cole's the one that fucked it all up completely.

Last edited:

AnonymousMouse

Jul 20, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
MC’s talk on that route managed to convince them not to take the oath, so they’re just working as contracted mercs for SIN essentially, they mention it when they see the MC restrained in the SIN HQ. The fight between them and Michael/Alice happens the same in either route I believe, the 2 paths might deviate a bit more in future updates but WW has said in the past he doesn’t want to create a situation where there’s a hundred different paths he needs to cover in each update since that often leads to games getting way too complex and eventually being abandoned a lot of the time. Obviously choices still very much matter but big events like the fight in this update will probably always be similar.

Windfaker

Dec 11, 2017
When new update?
When 4th evolution?
When explain about MC scars?
When evolution th5?
When our authority gose riot?
Where are Demi?
When the fuck I beat the shit out of those twins when my fucking power will be good enough? fresh twins on 2 or 3 stage of evolution way stronger than MC who master his body as much as he can, If on the next update he will not become some sorta of "challenge" after he learn he mind I lost the hopes, I mean yea fresh twins gose brrrrr on every enemy not even propably knowing full thier potential of power/parents and propably the "mind" things.

All I am saying Is that, that WE ARE THE FUCKING MAIN PROTAGONIST Its already 0.98 It Is a fucking time to gose "brrrrrr" as well.

And no, you wont change my mind about It.

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
When new update?
When 4th evolution?
When explain about MC scars?
When evolution th5?
When our authority gose riot?
Where are Demi?
When the fuck I beat the shit out of those twins when my fucking power will be good enough? fresh twins on 2 or 3 stage of evolution way stronger than MC who master his body as much as he can, If on the next update he will not become some sorta of "challenge" after he learn he mind I lost the hopes, I mean yea fresh twins gose brrrrr on every enemy not even propably knowing full thier potential of power/parents and propably the "mind" things.

All I am saying Is that, that WE ARE THE FUCKING MAIN PROTAGONIST Its already 0.98 It Is a fucking time to gose "brrrrrr" as well.

And no, you wont change my mind about It.
...what?

KingAgamemnon

Aug 7, 2022
I'm sitting here and wondering to what degree our Memory abilities were improved as a result of this training. Sure, we now have False Memory, but that's a lot of work for what seemed like only one ability. We also know it can't have been a dramatic power boost due to our seemingly poor showing against Valravn in his dream, though I kinda forget how powerful he's supposed to be in his original Heart boosted state. I think maybe Level 4 tier?

As far as what I expect to happen in the next update, I'm in agreement with some of what the others suggested. Cole and MC fight, MC probably dominates early on, then Cole evolves (potentially monsterfies which would be cool), which flips the tables on the MC, then Amber and Liz double evolve to Level 3, and assist the MC in his fight against Cole. Outcome is either Cole death or he escapes due to Hex collapsing.

Meanwhile, Deryl links up with Alice and Michael, helping them to heal, only for them to get caught by the evil Twins. They probably end up in a losing position, and there is the possibility that Charlie decides to assist Deryl which allows them to get out safely. Maybe Michael's brother and the girl who's name i can't remember also pitch in.

Sometimes in between this, Tanos catches Doll Ella doing shenanigans in the S.I.N. base, probably destroying Doll Ella, but not before she manages to revive her original body, which escapes H.E.R.O. custody. She escapes by releasing Valravn and Eistheth from captivity in exchange for their assistance in her plans due to their status as chosen.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes