okokok

Aug 19, 2016
Nyx can resurrect people and she restored a monsterfied Duncan to his level 3 body.
I wonder about this. We've heard that Nyx did that but Duncan is still a tree cause Nyx can't restore him or hasn't worked out how to

corewen

Mar 28, 2018
If the twins need help to regen themselves I believe MC can do it. My first reaction to Michael losing half his face was "don't worry bro I will fix for you"
AFAIK he will get his eye back on his next evolution like Danica got her eyes back when she evolved after joining H.E.R.O.

SquallofNight

Jan 21, 2024
Isn't that mostly due to the fact that Ella changed his entire being? (like body and soul/mind)
Yeah, in the mission to hunt the Gorgon, the guy says something like: "be careful, even captain Elis can't bring you back if you're turned to stone". It could be because theres other peoples power at work in this case (Ella and the Gorgon), like GT theorised before.

Reactions: Kilopuri898

MartieCar

Sep 2, 2023
Nyx can resurrect people and she restored a monsterfied Duncan to his level 3 body
Nyx can't "resurrect" people unless they have her mark. I don't think she actually resurects them - it's more like telling to the Death "fuck no! he/she stays here!" when someone marked gets killed. She has powers of Death (necromancy?) on her side and she isn't some kind of words greater healer.
Nyx also brought him back in lvl3, which can suggests that this is more like "loading a quicksave" she makes when putting a mark or that evolution between superhuman levels is process that can be stopped but then the superhuman get send to the moment before it started.

Last edited:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
Nyx can't "resurrect" people unless they have her mark. I don't think she actually resurects them - it's more like telling to the Death "fuck no! he/she stays here!" when someone marked gets killed. She has powers of Death (necromancy?) on her side and she isn't some kind of words greater healer.
Nyx also brought him back in lvl3, which can suggests that this is more like "loading a quicksave" she makes when putting a mark or that evolution between superhuman levels is process that can be stopped but then the superhuman get send to the moment before it started.
There are a few indications that make me think this isn't exactly the case.
1. Oscar was never marked, but Ella says Nyx is capable of helping Charlie ressurect him. Could be a lie but somehow I doubt it.
2. If it's a quickload, then it means she has to constantly reapply the marks. What do you think would happen in this scenario:

Nyx marks a Superhuman.
The Superhuman evolves normally.
After a month, The Superhuman fights a battle and dies
Nyx ressurects the Superhuman

What would the Superhuman's level be?
I mean sure, it's possible that the Superhuman would have to be ressurected at a lower level, but if I had to guess, I'd say that this isn't the case. Her relationship with the stored souls seems more holistic to me and the reason is that the Souls inside her river have feelings about her. There is a certain progression which indicates that time doesn't suddenly stop for them.

JackDiabrew

Oct 28, 2017
Was in the middle of playing darkwood when I noticed weirdworld go live, had to run back to my hideout and save quick lmao.

Jan 16, 2024
Congratulations to everyone on reaching 900 pages! i am glad we got this update because while i got away with my bury the light joke on page 800 (that is now 799) i had no way over a joke involving the 9th. in celebration here you go The Truth and their Chosen Eisheth.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

adanu

Mar 28, 2020
Probably, there are many ways they could survive this and even if they don't the potential exists for them to come back.

In a sense, we have already seen this happening.
Nyx can resurrect people and she restored a monsterfied Duncan to his level 3 body.
Eisheth's and Charlie's powers allow them to defy death and just reappear no matter what.
Creation can outright create constructs with monster traits.

So if it's possible for some Powers to do it, it stands to reason that MC's powers may also allow something of the sort.
This is in addition to Bailey claiming that Syla told her about the possibility of a new body.
Bailey is an exception. Far as I can tell, she's just an animated body that can eat things. We don't know EXACTLY what Nyxs powers do yet. We just have some vague 'I have a part of your soul'. We have no idea how that works in regards to a new body for the people who die.

Regenerating yourself as part of your natural powers is not the same.

We've already had an extensive prison sequence where we see that the MC can use his power to assist in regrowing or changing normal people, and we've already seen that superhumans instinctively defend themselves against the powers of other superhumans. I don't see it without the MC having to do some training to figure out a way to sidestep that defense.

Reactions: Doom Marine
4.80 star(s) 346 Votes