♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Hah! Landed on another bad end: 'Too strong too soon' :ROFLMAO::coffee:
So you can't be too weak, and you can't be too strong... hilarious!

You know what, this game would have been so much better if instead of slamming the player into some bad end, the choices simply shifted the players closer to one of the endings. I'd enjoy that much more. :whistle::coffee:
And more importantly, this way you wouldn't be prevented from progressing through the game every time you do something the game considers the 'wrong' move. :sneaky::coffee:

KyngC

Aug 21, 2022
OH NO! NOT THIS AGAIN! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
All that's left is for Jake's apologists and Deryl suckers to make a comeback (wasn't there a hag that wanted MC to be female so he could get fucked by Michael ou something like that?. :unsure:
By Deryl suckers do mean his haters or his defenders, because I'm pretty sure he has more haters then fans

SquallofNight

Jan 21, 2024
By Deryl suckers do mean his haters or his defenders, because I'm pretty sure he has more haters then fans
I meant on the "Deryl Suck" kinda people. My boy is kind of a fuck up, but he's a homie. Also, almost all the things he did wrong were Jake's (or Ella's) fault.

Last edited:
Reactions: AhrimanH

TheShelly

Dec 20, 2020
Hah! Landed on another bad end: 'Too strong too soon' :ROFLMAO::coffee:
So you can't be too weak, and you can't be too strong... hilarious!

You know what, this game would have been so much better if instead of slamming the player into some bad end, the choices simply shifted the players closer to one of the endings. I'd enjoy that much more. :whistle::coffee:
And more importantly, this way you wouldn't be prevented from progressing through the game every time you do something the game considers the 'wrong' move. :sneaky::coffee:
If youre not ideologically or morally opposed to them, there is both a walkthrough and a multi-mod that makes avoiding all them nasty Bad Ends way easier.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Honestly, the "bad ends" for the most part feel more like a throwback to old era VNs/adventure games, in the sense you get them quickly after a bad choice, and they're just a short, entertaining sequence after which you just reload and pick the other option(s) So i can't say they even bother me at this point. I would be much more vexed with that alternative you suggest, if i found myself routed into a bad end because of something done X hours ago and i couldn't even tell which of these choices "shifted" me into what ultimately became a bad end.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
If youre not ideologically or morally opposed to them, there is both a walkthrough and a multi-mod that makes avoiding all them nasty Bad Ends way easier.
Nah, it's just me having fun bitching a little i guess since i doubt that the dev will bother changing anything. :sneaky::coffee:
I'm more ideologically opposed to walkthroughs actually.
I'd rather be slammed into a bad ending than spoiling the entire fucking game to myself through walkthroughs.
What's the fucking point in playing the game if you just gonna read about somebody else playing it? :sneaky::coffee:
Honestly, the "bad ends" for the most part feel more like a throwback to old era VNs/adventure games
Yeah that's what i'm sayin', they're indeed just outdated relics of the past that are honestly not needed in modern VN's. :whistle::coffee:
I would be much more vexed with that alternative you suggest, if i found myself routed into a bad end because of something done X hours ago and i couldn't even tell which of these choices "shifted" me into what ultimately became a bad end.
Read again what i said, choices would shift you not to a bad end, but one of the legit ENDINGS.
Say there's an ending where you become world hero or something and an ending where you become world villain.
Depending on your choices you'd shift closer to one or the other and at the end of the game you'd simply get an ending you ended up being closest to. No bad end hassle at all. :whistle::coffee:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Read again what i said, choices would shift you not to a bad end, but one of the legit ENDINGS.
I understand that was your intention, but an ending i did not plan for and (especially if) i have no idea which of my choices even brought it on is very much a bad one in my book. I don't want "ending i was closest to" where the closeness is measured by undefined and often arbitrary criteria i might not agree with.

Reactions: weezal

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I think it's rather common. In fact, i don't think i've ever heard from someone they were making choices in a game without any idea of more or less specific outcome or goal they're after. Or being very happy with an ending that went against those expectations/wishes.
That's how i always play.
I make honest choices that appeal to me and then meet the consequences head-on.
It's entertaining to see what the game will surprise me with.
It's just a little annoying when that surprise ends up being an impassable wall. But i'll live. :ROFLMAO::coffee:

Apr 17, 2024
I think that while immediate bad endings can be annoying to slam into, putting off all consequences until the end of the game isn't a good solution either. Choices should have perceivable short-term results if they're going to feel meaningful, otherwise your emotional connection to them fades. Especially in an actively-developed game like Superhuman, where the time between you making a decision and the end of the narrative could be years. I think the best solution is when there are grades of failure, where you can make a few bad decisions and still have the story progress but in a worse way, and only get a bad end if you make a ton of bad decisions or one really bad one. Which, in Superhuman's defense, is how some of the fights later in the game go. Only a couple so far, but here's hoping the trend continues.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I think the best solution is when there are grades of failure, where you can make a few bad decisions and still have the story progress but in a worse way, and only get a bad end if you make a ton of bad decisions or one really bad one. Which, in Superhuman's defense, is how some of the fights later in the game go. Only a couple so far, but here's hoping the trend continues.
I think you're onto something here.
Say one 'bad' choice may put your friend at risk but you could still realize the mistake and jump to their defense down the line.
Or make one 'terrible' choice and that friend ends up dead.
Yeah, i can see how this could be interesting, much more interesting than reloading after being slammed into a wall for sure. :unsure::coffee:

Reactions: Doom Marine

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
That's how i always play.
I make honest choices that appeal to me and then meet the consequences head-on.
Right, but don't tell me that you don't form any expectations about what these consequences actually will be, as you make your choices? Both short- and long-term? Because that's very much what we're developed to do, after all -- to make our choices based on what we expect them to lead to. So the choices which appeal to you are, in large part, the expected consequences which appeal to you more than alternatives.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Right, but don't tell me that you don't form any expectations about what these consequences actually will be, as you make your choices?
Rather than having expectations, i am excited to see what the game will show me. I love seeing things i haven't seen before.
So, i have a rough picture of where my choices may lead, sure, that's why i pick those choices.
But the way i think may be quite different from the way the dev of the game thinks, so the result i end up with isn't necessarily what i expect to happen. Which, to me, is fun too. The fun of discovery see? :giggle::coffee:

Knowing everything ahead of time and planning for a specific outcome is... not my idea of fun.
I like not knowing anything and diving in completely blind, while trying to carve out more or less desirable outcome with whatever tools the game provides me with. ;):coffee:

Reactions: Pharos2 and ffive

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Knowing everything ahead of time and planning for a specific outcome is... not my idea of fun.
I like not knowing anything and diving in completely blind, while trying to carve out more or less desirable outcome with whatever tools the game provides me with. ;):coffee:
I get this sentiment, i actually prefer to get in the game blind too. I think we've possibly had a misunderstanding there -- when i was talking about trying to get specific outcome, it was along these lines of trying to carve out a desirable outcome etc based on my own guesses where the game might be heading; not going at it with some sort of walkthrough and exact knowledge of the endings. I mean, if it was the latter then getting an unexpected/unwelcome ending wouldn't even be a factor in the first place.

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

Dipasimaan

Feb 22, 2019
Rather than having expectations, i am excited to see what the game will show me. I love seeing things i haven't seen before.
So, i have a rough picture of where my choices may lead, sure, that's why i pick those choices.
But the way i think may be quite different from the way the dev of the game thinks, so the result i end up with isn't necessarily what i expect to happen. Which, to me, is fun too. The fun of discovery see? :giggle::coffee:

Quick question: why the heck do you use that cup of coffe in every damned post?

TerminusPrime

Nov 23, 2020
I think you're onto something here.
Say one 'bad' choice may put your friend at risk but you could still realize the mistake and jump to their defense down the line.
Or make one 'terrible' choice and that friend ends up dead.
Yeah, i can see how this could be interesting, much more interesting than reloading after being slammed into a wall for sure. :unsure::coffee:
The only problem with that is there is only one person developing Superhuman. Having branching storylines that meaningfully change based on choices is going to be too much work.
Also, the Bad Endings have given a substantial amount of information about the game world. They're less useful now that we've learned more without the Bad Endings, but it was fun when playing through the game initially to hunt out the bad endings and get glimpses of things we weren't aware of yet as players.
The very first Bad End in the game still gives out a ton of information. It shows that from the very beginning of the game the characters Clark, Alexis and Malik existed and provides some additional information about the MC's powers.

4.80 star(s) 346 Votes