Unity SuperPowered 2 [v0.02.00] [Night City Productions]

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes

Thwip!

Formerly 'Echo-128'
May 13, 2018
Dev making nikki a fucking brick shithouse is not a direction I expected, but fuck if it isn't a bold one.
Wait...
Maybe this was covered elsewhere, but are "Chelsea" and "Nikki" replacing "Danni" and "Sandra" -- or are they brand new characters?

buff

May 29, 2017
Nikki's new bod definitely gives some variety, but kind of a bummer since IMHO she was the hottest girl in the old game. Fits her character though.

• Hey there
Reactions: Chissident

MrHatIsHere

Jan 18, 2022
I think it would be better to just remake the original SuperPowered with a more typical Ren'Py programming structure that is compatible with things like rollback and has less issues with bugs and the like, and eventually finish the missing parts.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
I think it would be better to just remake the original SuperPowered with a more typical Ren'Py programming structure that is compatible with things like rollback and has less issues with bugs and the like, and eventually finish the missing parts.
Renpy is great for VNs.
But it sucks for making actual games.
And the dev wants to make a game.
Thus the move away from Renpy.

Bakachiki

Feb 25, 2018
Does choosing skills in the beginning do anything?

Or can I only use certain skills every day. And a notice of ones which can't be used yet, would be nice.

Edit: Screen turns black when loading saves.

Last edited:

slexywexy

Dec 6, 2017
for those saying the dev is milking it or only wakes up when donos drop. or are lazy and flaky. baal is in his discord live steaming his entire work day almost everyday for like 10 to 12 hours a day. don't see too many other devs doing that. and seeing what he is cooking up for this game it will be great.

memelman

Nov 18, 2017
I would not prefer that. I want the dev to continue to try to make sandbox games that have some actual gameplay mechanics beyond just tracking lust/love points. Ren'Py is just not designed or optimized for that as it is built around visual novel style gameplay.

MrHatIsHere

Jan 18, 2022
I didn't really see anything that would require the Unity engine, and I think the Godot engine would probably be a better fit than the Unity engine regardless.

Factor96

Apr 6, 2022
I didn't really see anything that would require the Unity engine, and I think the Godot engine would probably be a better fit than the Unity engine regardless.
Especially as I could easily see a situation in the relatively near future where say, the Unity engine stops being updated, and the dev is stuck with whatever remaining problems it has. However, I suspect the developer is stuck at this point with Unity as he has two projects for it, and the community is already at least partially angry at him over moving away from Renpy. Moving away from Unity would be hard to justify, unless he could somehow triple his workspeed(as an example of something that'd justify an engine switch), which I'm pretty sure is impossible.

Last edited:
Reactions: memelman

felixboy

Apr 29, 2020
So, I get that the renpy game had problems, and there are legitimate complaints, but I have to say, while it's a little complicated, I haven't had nearly as much fun with any mind control system I've played as with Superpowered. The mindless sex doll/girl who'll whore herself out for you/sexed up slut choices, and the way it was implemented was awesome. There's a ton of stuff in the first one to like, and honestly I really look forward to a couple years from now when this one's got meat on it's bones.....yeah. It just feels like there's lots of complaints here, and I gotta say, I keep checking back for his progress. Even shot some money his way, which, for me, is high praise.

Tempor

May 12, 2018
Dev making nikki a fucking brick shithouse is not a direction I expected, but fuck if it isn't a bold one.
cant say im a fan i liked the older design more
dev tried to make her recognizable while trying to make her lean alot more on her athletic/physical facet but the thing is that face does not match that body at all just makes it sit right in the middle of the uncanny valley
im not at all opposed to more fit or muscled girls but the face needs alot of work. im my humble opinion dev could scale back a bit on the musculature and make her more "old nikki"-like and maybe make a proper muscled girl from scratch (yes i know it takes work)

Mikey_Boy101

Nov 8, 2020
cant say im a fan i liked the older design more
dev tried to make her recognizable while trying to make her lean alot more on her athletic/physical facet but the thing is that face does not match that body at all just makes it sit right in the middle of the uncanny valley
im not at all opposed to more fit or muscled girls but the face needs alot of work. im my humble opinion dev could scale back a bit on the musculature and make her more "old nikki"-like and maybe make a proper muscled girl from scratch (yes i know it takes work)
I think the issue is the size of her head and neck. Her head size seems to small compared to her neck size. He could make her neck a little bit thinner and that could solve the issue.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
I think the issue is the size of her head and neck. Her head size seems to small compared to her neck size. He could make her neck a little bit thinner and that could solve the issue.
The 'pin head' look. That's normal for body builders.
Muscle bulks out (including neck muscles), but the head doesn't get any bigger.

For that matter, I think giving her a dainty little neck on top of those shoulders would look weird. It's jarring when musculature doesn't match in connected body parts.

Shockz

Sep 19, 2018
Has no one really said anything about the black screen upon loading saves yet? The only fix that I've seen here is to load the game right after starting a new game but I've tried that and it doesn't work.

Druid64

Dec 11, 2019
Time to stop watching this thread and delete the game. I don't believe I'll try out any more of Night City Productions games. In my opinion Superpowered was never finished and this one is borderline unplayable. Just completely lost interest in this Dev

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes