Unity SuperPowered 2 [v0.02.00] [Night City Productions]

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
like the art but i rly hope the pick skills daily thing doesnt stay i like progression and having to pick powers on the morning is odd like is he unable to use powers if he needs them
That mechanic and the rng dice is what is stopping me from trying this. I have a suite of powers, but can only use two of them in a day. It's as stupid as saying I have to chose which two of my limbs I want to be usable for the day. Then RNG dice to determine if your abilities actually decide to work today? Fuck that noise.

Modok969

Jul 30, 2021
From what I've seen you can get a handjob from Sandra if you choose to influence her love for you at the beginning.
I had successful talk to mom interaction and she took me to a coffee shop so I can work there. Nothing else. The first was clunky and grindy but there were a whole bunch of girls and cheating to make everyone horny 24/7 was pretty good, but this dosen't even have the smol goth sister in it outside of the intro.

The.xx

Dec 8, 2021
I've got a very strange love-hate relationship with games from this dev. They're rather unique and I enjoy them a lot, but at the same time their grind is ridiculous and hellish, and I can only stomach them with cheats. Writing and scenes are in a weird spot too, since I know they are far from the best and yet I still find myself enjoying them.

I'm going to wait until this one gets a few updates before trying it out. Looks promising.

Reactions: Mikey_Boy101

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
some devs seem to trying to be different by making games too complex-game definition=
an activity that one engages in for amusement or fun.
played first one yes i cheated otherwise i would not have bothered with it,lets hope this one is better

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
maybe-but are not games meant to be fun to play:)
As someone who enjoys dark souls and the games of old where it wouldn't let you pass without completing the level I agree, I also however realise not everyone is me, so the option should be there regardless of my personal feeling on the matter to be honest.

Reactions: Ginji

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
As someone who enjoys dark souls and the games of old where it wouldn't let you pass without completing the level I agree, I also however realise not everyone is me, so the option should be there regardless of my personal feeling on the matter to be honest.
by all means challenge the player but it should entice the player with clear direction to a clear goal,for me at least the first version had too many vairiables with too many outcomes.the old games show us in part what games were supposed to be,fun at first then challenging but these are adult games with a different set of values.i dont expect to have to fight a boss 10 times before i beat him,i am only saying that why complex an adult game to the the point its not fun or enjoyable without cheating but thats just my point of view with this dev :)

Reactions: Allen0206

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
So far the game has been very slow due to too much grinding. Now it's slow AND hard. Plus the interface is lousy. I'll wait for a cheat mod. But I fear that the developer will get bored again and give up. It's a pity, because the basic idea is good.

Reactions: Wrynn13

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
That mechanic and the rng dice is what is stopping me from trying this. I have a suite of powers, but can only use two of them in a day. It's as stupid as saying I have to chose which two of my limbs I want to be usable for the day. Then RNG dice to determine if your abilities actually decide to work today? Fuck that noise.
Bah, it change compared to other micro-management games, here you must micro-manage dices and limbs, all the rest is nothing :D

Seriously, introducing rng so much in such a game is an heresy and completly destroy it, maybe 5% or 10% max of variance to emulate fumble in using powers could be ok but here there is too much failure chance, it's like going hunting with a rubber gun ...

Last edited:

noxtek

Modder
Aug 19, 2017
So far the game has been very slow due to too much grinding. Now it's slow AND hard. Plus the interface is lousy. I'll wait for a cheat mod. But I fear that the developer will get bored again and give up. It's a pity, because the basic idea is good.
i already posted a couple of cheats a page back and converted to jpg

Lans90

Dec 2, 2017
Glad to see a new game from this developer. But I would really like 2 things: a reasonable grinding limit (I'm not against grinding at all, but in moderation), as well as the ability to change at least the name of the MC.

Mikey_Boy101

Nov 8, 2020
by all means challenge the player but it should entice the player with clear direction to a clear goal,for me at least the first version had too many vairiables with too many outcomes.the old games show us in part what games were supposed to be,fun at first then challenging but these are adult games with a different set of values.i dont expect to have to fight a boss 10 times before i beat him,i am only saying that why complex an adult game to the the point its not fun or enjoyable without cheating but thats just my point of view with this dev :)
For me the complexity of this game is what makes it fun for me. If this game were easy I would have just forgotten about it like so many other VN games on this site.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Honestly, for a tech demo, this is actually pretty darned robust for an example of what is available.

Like, take Maggie for instance. She has different antics and behavior depending on a whole range of stats, there is different intimate details depending if the MC is a gent, a lady, or a bit of both. Several different powers have a direct potential cause and effect that tweaks the goings on a bit more.

Not saying it's perfect by any stretch, but there is some potential here to be sure.

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
Work on SP (technically the second one -- there was a RAGS version first) stopped. Finished/completed? I don't think so, but others may disagree.

I feel it needs a couple of passes to remove all the TODO/WIP messages, repair a bunch of missing image errors, and add a note that the player has hit the end of content at the graduation party at a minimum to be considered done-ish.
Wasn't talking about the rags version that was long abandoned for the renpy version which I was a fan of but the renpy version is what I was asking about, with that said if their are still wips and to do messages in the renpy version that leads to nothing than the game is best called abandoned.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
For me the complexity of this game is what makes it fun for me. If this game were easy I would have just forgotten about it like so many other VN games on this site.
I agree with the fact that for me complexity in games is very interesting, I like management games where there is some sort of challenge but it is true only if you can plan your moves to create your own roadmap with your objectives.

In this context some random events can add fun IF missing them or fail them don't destroy your plan. Here rng is used on each action, combined with the limited useable powers per day, have as result that missing a dices roll kill your day (and often makes you rollback a few days) because you can't really react due to the limited choice of powers per day.

In SP0, SP1 and Looser, the more you learn the better you are and the more choices you have. Here, whatever the grind you will do to train and to buy/learn powers, you will be artificially limited (even with max focus) and in any case a bad roll will make you loose some days of game. Is there really an interest to grind and train in this context?

I only consider the core of the gameplay, all other things (lack of QOL options, balance,...) are peanuts and can be corrected as time advance but when you completly miss the core and have at start a bad gameplay the "game" is dead.

I can't really understand the difference between SP1 and SP2, why to re-create the wheel when you have an existing gameplay which did work? Without speaking that in this case the wheel have been transformed in a square...

Reactions: xapican

anominous

Oct 14, 2017
I'd forgotten how 'superpowered' it felt to fail all the time... after an hour of play time i succeded once with the mom... this is hardly a game at this point. dev needs to take the dice game out. and yeah the limited powers thing is the dumbest idea storywise... and gameplay wise. mc is a superhero with two random powers that never work...

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes