Shuyo

Jul 17, 2017
physical doesnt do much atm most people jsut choose social/mental with emphasis on concentration and persuasion. and the sister perk if you want her in the game

balinorr

Apr 25, 2017
guys i just downloaded the game v0.17.01 PC modded but when i click on the exe file nothing happens O___O

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
Is there any consequence if you stop tutoring them once the club is set up? I'd like my Mondays back at some point.

Reactions: Darkaura

MantisMVS

Sep 9, 2017
So I am one of the people the game just does not open for. I had the public release working fine but 17.01 Modded just does nothing when I click on it. I have restarted my pc and even unpacked the file 3-4 times. I got the mod because I was tired of grinding in the vanilla release so any help getting it running would be appreciated.

ClumZyFinGerX

Aug 23, 2017
You train one of the 3 main stats there, physical, social or mental. It takes 3 training sessions to get one 1 level up, and the stat is capped at 5.
Thank you. However, I wonder why I need to work on these. I tried once, but I couldn't find out what changes. Pls enlighten me. Thanks in advance.

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
Thank you. However, I wonder why I need to work on these. I tried once, but I couldn't find out what changes. Pls enlighten me. Thanks in advance.
Those stats have consequences for almost everything. Physical is the one you probably don't need as it only levels up your damage and gives some health bonuses. Mental will make you pay way less for mental related powers. Use the wiki if you want to know more, it's to much to list everything here. (You don't need to upgrade it at start, just do it if you have more important things unlocked already)

Reactions: ClumZyFinGerX

blizman

Aug 12, 2017
Flght is one of those Powers your going to want to get early, just to be able to go to locations and not rely on having someone drive you or taking a bus. Also forgot that old RAGs version let you get a car of your own to drive places..

Right now flight makes it easy to beat the bum as all the combat stuff isn't implemented yet. Use one of the other methods to get past him if you can and your character isn't going to have Flight anytime soon or if you don't want it at out.

If your wondering I hardly ever used Flight in combat in the RAGs version, using other powers that made the enemy easier to hit and less likely to hit me and normal punches was my main way of doing things till I got the damage increaing power and could afford a supersuit. i preferred knowing I was going to get a hit for less damage than if I had a good (50% or greater it seems chance of getting no hit all in a round of combat).

The only other good thing flight did was let you run away if the fight looked like you would lose it at some point.

The combat system is basic right now and still needs and will get some mosifications in the future as the scene was meant mostly to let others test the combat system.

So, the strategy is to take Flight ahead of Mind Control? Not that I mind, I always thought that was a promising strategy. I still hope it's not going to be the only approach though, going forward.

I get that, but the way this is set up, there's a test that it's difficult to put off and which requires a certain build. That seems at odds with the open world nature of the game.

That said, I from all those locked icons I suspect there'll be combat options for all the powers. I hope so. I'd like to think two levels of mind control offered more options than recapitulating what you could do with your fists.

Reactions: badblonde

DarkPhilosopher

Modder
Jul 27, 2017
@kylejpn : I didn't download every version that's out there, so I don't know. You should just copy 0.17.02 over it, then Get Lucky 0.17.01, and you should have them both.

If the game doesn't run at all, you could look in the log.txt and possibly errors.txt to troubleshoot.

As for Mac-users, here's something you could try: get the PC version, then replace everything in the Mac's Contents\Resources\autorun\game directory with the game-directory from the PC version. If you're lucky, it'll run. I don't have a Mac out of principle, so that's the most help I can offer.

Retief

Aug 13, 2017
Suggestion for reducing eventual Walkthrough requests, have a link to Superpowered wiki's Quick Start Guide (since it has the "how to get phone numbers" guide in it) on OP. Recently started playing this game... Decided to go no cheat/no instructions. ~40 hours later and about halfway in Oct completed Goal:New Hero Blues (and no I couldn't figure out how to get phone numbers either). Gave up and started reading the wiki. Found out that catalog in Globex had more pages than flight (took awhile until I saw the left fold change colour.. duh moment). ~20 hours later and after trying a couple different builds I just finished a Mental-sister build (still with no cheating) that completed Goal:New Hero Blues with 98 grade (100 School Influence) and Sandra at love 32/lust 8 by Sept 29. I will put a Mini Guide on Super-wiki with the details. Even with RNG, it still should always hit over 90 for any build.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 140 Votes