foursnacks

Jul 21, 2017
@foursnacks

I just went back to the beginning of this thread and looked it over again saw the instruction about the password file and dropped it into the game file ran through the intro again and it still crashed. I did notice one thing I forgot to type before. Every time I delete the game and reinstall it, the save files are still there, so where are the save files supposed to be. I figured they'd be in the game directory, but apparently they're somewhere else, because they keep showing up. and another thing, when I skip the into to get to the game, in the map, am I supposed to have a plane as a mode of transportation, because there isn't one there, and I went through the quick start guide webpage referenced on the first page of this thread and it says to go to Globex the morning of the first Monday and Tuesday (and if I recall correctly you need to fly there) but I have no plane on the map screen and no location marked Globex. When I click on "Walking" or the "Bus" I get the coffee shop and the school, and under the chauffeur I get the coffee shop, the bus, and logistics division. But nowhere do I have Globex. Does that sound right to you?

Thanks
Ren'py has two sets of save files. One set is found in game/saves and the other is found in either (for Windows:) %APPDATA\RenPy\SuperPowered_v<version> or (for Macs): $HOME/Library/RenPy/SuperPowered_v<version>. If you want to clear everything out you need to remember the RenPy directory. I suppose the crashes could be related to some persistent data being kept around so it might be a good idea to delete both save directories.

Power cycle means "turn it off, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on". Computers, like most electrical devices with motors, fans, etc, you should wait at least 15 seconds after turning it off before turning it back on.

If the game still crashes, let the group know. I'm kinda stuck at this point and maybe someone else can give you the solution.

As for questions about what to do, I suggest that you take a look at the Wiki: .

Some quick comments though:
* you can't fly until you get the flight injection from Globex. To get flight, you need to have enough influence of the correct type.
* Globex, the Initiative, and Logisitics only show up on the map if they are open. You might need to skip school to see them.
* if you want you mom to chauffeur you, you need to have enough favor with her.

madarapotato

Nov 6, 2017
Where is this logistics division I got recommendation from the principal.but iget this message need . permission from logistics to work in security Dept.

TiggerYou

Aug 24, 2017
@foursnacks

Thanks for the info.

I've never seen Globex on the map no matter time of day or location. It's just not there. So it begs the question: do you have to be so far in the game or completed certain requirements before it will show?

Couple of Questions:

1. You mentioned decompiling...how do you do that if it's not too much trouble or time consuming on your part?

2. You advised going deeper into the crash file. What I pasted here is what comes up on my screen when the game crashes. That's all that I can see, no scrolling capability. I don't know how you're scrolling further into the file.

As far as power cycling, I never leave the computer running. It's shut down when not in use.

I've tried everything I can think of. Erasing the save files--I did a search and found the copies of the save files and erased them last night (thanks for the heads up though) but still have the problem of crashing. But if I'm reading right into what you are saying, then I'm assuming I've made it all the way through the intro, it's just crashing at the advancement of time right before interactive game start. That sound right?

I'm usually pretty good at figuring things out. Where I lack in this case, is that I'm not sure what should be and should not be (ie. I don't know the game...case in point...Globex as mentioned above...is it supposed to be there at the very start of the game after completion of the intro? So I don't know if there are other problems...or...could I possibly have something on this computer that is in some way effecting this game. I have other Ren'Py games that I have tried (a couple anyway) and have never had a problem until now.

Thanks for your help.

It's much appreciated.

TiggerYou

Aug 24, 2017
@foursnacks

Oh, I for got to mention (and I appreciate the mention on your part about the wiki page). Been there, that's what has me buffaloed. The quick start guide says to skip school on the first Monday and Tuesday to get the shots, but like I said there is no Globex at the start of the game...at least not on my system. The quick start also says to score a 100 by September 28th to go to the principal, but in the game it's 80. But I did see somewhere that the quick start guide is based on an earlier version, so there might be alterations unaccounted for between the guide and the current version.

cluster

May 31, 2017
@TiggerYou
I could reproduce your crash, it happens also in my version during the introduction with same error code as yours. I'm using the SLDR and universal mods but did additional modifications myself (I'm on a Mac). I don't have the original files to check if it is a problem with the mods or the original game. Could you try to put the attached none.png file into game/images/Scene/Intro/ as a possible workaround to see if your error disappears (make the folders if necessary) ? (Anyway, you can also just "Ignore" the errors three times and you should not lose anything)

I could not reproduce your missing Globex icon. It should be accessible right after the introduction during the week (Mon-Fri) either at Day or Afternoon. So skip to Monday, go to school and in the afternoon it should be below the coffee shop icon. You need to go there by bus (activated blue area on the map).

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
How do I get mind control and how far into the game is it I have level 3 flying is there a cheat to enable mind control.
not quite, but you can use the mod to get money and initiative points to be able to buy it right away and every other power

Last edited:

cluster

May 31, 2017
not quite, but you can use the mod to get money and iniciative points to be able to buy it right away and every other power
^This is the best way.

One can also try setting the following three commands with X= 1,2 or 3 depending on the desired MC Level, but it might break something else in the game if not properly triggered in an ingame event:
social_powers+=1
control_max=100
player.power_WIT = X

Edit: Forgot one line, some associated buffs and debuffs need to be set separatly, like the incest flaw: player.flaw_incest=True

Last edited:

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017
^This is the best way.

One can also try setting the following three commands with X= 1,2 or 3 depending on the desired MC Level, but it might break something else in the game if not properly triggered in an ingame event:
social_powers+=1
control_max=100
player.power_WIT = X

Edit: Forgot one line, some associated buffs and debuffs need to be set separatly, like the incest flaw: player.flaw_incest=True

Where do I edit these or type them in?

foursnacks

Jul 21, 2017
@foursnacks

Thanks for the info.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks for your help.

It's much appreciated.
You are on a Windows box, which makes unren.bat be of interest to you:

The "crash file" is the dump crash message you originally posted - there isn't a file I'm aware of.

And your timing is correct. You are making it to the end of the tutorial (which you probably have memorized by now!) and if you have seen the blue sleeping message then the game is crashing right when the real part of the game is to start. I don't remember if you've tried to start the game by skipping the intro, but if you haven't give that a shot...

fruitloopxyz

Sep 14, 2017
Where is this logistics division I got recommendation from the principal.but iget this message need . permission from logistics to work in security Dept.
On the map screen, during the week. You have to click on the driver in the upper right hand corner to get your Mom to drive youo there on a day she is at home. You can also fly there.

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017
These are console commands: Open console with Ctrl+o (the letter o) or Shift+o (on Mac) and type these in one after the other. But as I said its safer to do gestveds route with the modded version.

Some reason console wont open with Ctrl+o

TiggerYou

Aug 24, 2017
@TiggerYou
I could reproduce your crash, it happens also in my version during the introduction with same error code as yours. I'm using the SLDR and universal mods but did additional modifications myself (I'm on a Mac). I don't have the original files to check if it is a problem with the mods or the original game. Could you try to put the attached none.png file into game/images/Scene/Intro/ as a possible workaround to see if your error disappears (make the folders if necessary) ? (Anyway, you can also just "Ignore" the errors three times and you should not lose anything)

I could not reproduce your missing Globex icon. It should be accessible right after the introduction during the week (Mon-Fri) either at Day or Afternoon. So skip to Monday, go to school and in the afternoon it should be below the coffee shop icon. You need to go there by bus (activated blue area on the map).
@cluster
Thanks for the help. I'll try the file and see what happens. Per your questions...The error occurs with and without the mods. Globex has never shown for me (also, with or without the mods) This is the only game in Ren'Py that's giving me this problem and it's driving crazy, that's why I started talking in here...I can't take it anymore...LMAO. You should my keyboard, it's covered with all the hair I've been pulling out of my head...LMAOEH.

Thanks again for the help.

TiggerYou

Aug 24, 2017
You are on a Windows box, which makes unren.bat be of interest to you:

The "crash file" is the dump crash message you originally posted - there isn't a file I'm aware of.

And your timing is correct. You are making it to the end of the tutorial (which you probably have memorized by now!) and if you have seen the blue sleeping message then the game is crashing right when the real part of the game is to start. I don't remember if you've tried to start the game by skipping the intro, but if you haven't give that a shot...
@foursnacks
I really appreciate the decompile link, have to take a look at that.

Yeah, I've pretty much have the intro memorized, the reason for the repetition is simple...if the game is failing there with no input from me other than clicking a mouse button, then what other surprises are out there in waiting for me (.i.e. the missing Globex link? And just for the record, I have skipped the intro and played the game and advanced to getting the recommendation letter (falling 75 points short on the required number (100) need to get the job (hopefully that's not another problem I'm currently unaware of) but if I can't get Globex to show on the map, then the game becomes unplayable because I'll not be able to get the required shots needed to superpower Billy. I'm doomed (or Billy is).

But in any case, thanks for all the help.

Shades19

Jun 8, 2017
I have a hard time triggering Kelly's nymphomaniac 4 scene.
Denise's obsessive scenes don't load. Gives me an error. I'm assuming the images aren't in the game yet, just the coding.

Still no clue on Sister's other scenes outside of corrupted 1-3, and booty call.

Any help would these would be appreciated.

TiggerYou

Aug 24, 2017
@foursnacks @cluster

It finally works (at least in the unmodded version). Thanks to both of you for the help. I'd give you two a thumbs up, but I'm not sure how you do that. Tell me how and I'll do it.

One last question for now. I want to try and add the mods for kinnerman and the SLDR and my question is this: kinnerman's mod is triggered by the "," key according to the thread...does that trigger both mods or is there another keystroke to activate the SLDR mod. I loaded them before, when I had all the problems, and I forgot to asked the question earlier, and since I don't know what the two mods looks like, I'm not sure if I'm seeing both mods together or just kinnerman's mod. I haven't seen anywhere in here what the mods are supposed to look like.

Appreciate the help.

foursnacks

Jul 21, 2017
@foursnacks @cluster

It finally works (at least in the unmodded version). Thanks to both of you for the help. I'd give you two a thumbs up, but I'm not sure how you do that. Tell me how and I'll do it.

One last question for now. I want to try and add the mods for kinnerman and the SLDR and my question is this: kinnerman's mod is triggered by the "," key according to the thread...does that trigger both mods or is there another keystroke to activate the SLDR mod. I loaded them before, when I had all the problems, and I forgot to asked the question earlier, and since I don't know what the two mods looks like, I'm not sure if I'm seeing both mods together or just kinnerman's mod. I haven't seen anywhere in here what the mods are supposed to look like.

Appreciate the help.
I have only used the Kinnerman Universal mod - it does everything I cared about and never used or tested the replay mod. The version I used popped up an ugly-ish menu that worked well enough. I haven't had the need to use it for the last few versions because I've done enough grinding that I'm happy where things sit now. If you have problems getting it to work, read through the postings on it - Twistty seems to have a handle on what may go wrong with the script.

Greugreu

Nov 12, 2017
Hey, I have a bug/crash of the game in the intro, once I go back home after tour of the facility. "Exception: DynamicImage u'Scene/intro/[char_event].png': could not find image. (u'scene/intro/none?png').

Is it known or the game downloaded incorrectly ?

3.20 star(s) 140 Votes