Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
I hear you, but as you know, I like direct language. Claiming something is NTR discourages some who dislike the direct translation, that may like the game otherwise, and may also draw people that expect actual NTR content, when there isn't any. Is there slutification, bimbofication, and degridation....yes. Those much more accurately describe some of the content in my game, and more honestly encourage or discourage players, depending on the players interests.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
ntr used to be an acronym for netorare, netorase and netori. Those things aren't in this game. (well some events come dubiously close)

But for the wider and 'newer' umbrella ntr then yes, this game is full of girls fucking and sucking with other dudes. All you have to do to make it happen in some cases is repeatedly have sex with a girl. That's an extreme logic jump and screams ntr'esque.

So you're right mostly on there being no netorare in the game, but there is 'ntr'. The umbrella term has gained momentum and is used now in most of these types of forums, so no-one should be confused. (unless they are feigning ignorance to try and prove a point)

Reactions: Tehemai

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
No, I get what you're saying. I just still disagree with the looseness of the 'newer' umbrella. Why use a word that can so easily be misinterpreted, when there are more apt words to use. I wouldn't say I bought a 'bunch' of batteries, when i only bought 3, and then try and justify it by stating a 'bunch' just means a plurality of batteries. A bunch implies too many to count. NTR implies infidelity. You can claim what you want....but wikipedia, and urban dictionary do not agree with this umbrella definition, and I think it's not specific or accurate enough to use in regards to my game. It is a misuse of the word/term, and it's a misuse localized primarily to this website. The two german pirate sites I go to only use NTR in regards to actual japanese NTR games and the few indie games that are actually going after that crowd. I know I won't suddenly win this argument, but I will correct everyone that claims my game is NTR, because it's not. And I'll do it with a smile on my face...because I know I'm right. I understand why other people get it wrong, and it's not really thier fault, that a handful of derps started using the term incorrectly after playing some hentai game and disliking the visual content while skipping past all the text, but that doesn't make them any less wrong.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
No, I get what you're saying. I just still disagree with the looseness of the 'newer' umbrella. Why use a word that can so easily be misinterpreted, when there are more apt words to use. I wouldn't say I bought a 'bunch' of batteries, when i only bought 3, and then try and justify it by stating a 'bunch' just means a plurality of batteries. A bunch implies too many to count. NTR implies infidelity. You can claim what you want....but wikipedia, and urban dictionary do not agree with this umbrella definition, and I think it's not specific or accurate enough to use in regards to my game. It is a misuse of the word/term, and it's a misuse localized primarily to this website. The two german pirate sites I go to only use NTR in regards to actual japanese NTR games and the few indie games that are actually going after that crowd. I know I won't suddenly win this argument, but I will correct everyone that claims my game is NTR, because it's not. And I'll do it with a smile on my face...because I know I'm right. I understand why other people get it wrong, and it's not really thier fault, that a handful of derps started using the term incorrectly after playing some hentai game and disliking the visual content while skipping past all the text, but that doesn't make them any less wrong.
Correcting people will be an exercise in futility Baal. It's not really 'wrong' many words evolve to encompass many different things over time. The acronym 'ntr' already described three vastly different (from a players point of view) types of gameplay.

Also just another point, ntr doesn't have to involve infidelity, a potential girlfriend/wife/object of affection also qualifies. None of them applies to Billy himself, but since we as players play through the eyes of Billy and don't share the same broken psyche as him, jealousy will eventually kick in for most non beta males when they see 'their' conquests fucking other dudes.

eugenene

Apr 19, 2018
"non beta males" :D
But yeah, corrupting every female you come across, making them dress "slutty" (imo that word is an understatement), basically making them prostitutes and being their pimp and then complaining about "NTR" seems rather schizophrenic.
NTR realy is not my piece of cake and I avoid games that have it, but in this game I don't mind any of the girls hoochie kooching with other characters besides the MC, since he's nowhere "romancing his harem of 20 girls".
Keep up the good work. I really enjoy the game.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
But yeah, corrupting every female you come across.
To corrupt the girls in this game you can just have sex with them. Having sex with a girl should not corrupt them into being cockjumping sluts. Even changing the way they dress shouldnt make them jump on any dick they see. That's a leap of logic too far.

In fact I'm pretty sure I talked with Baal about this once and he agreed. Once other means of corruption became more available he'd look into it again.

badblonde

Apr 20, 2017
I suppose you simply didn't encounter the scenes yet.
Many corruption & sexbot scenes are NTR, and Mom has two NTR senes as well.

UM nope ... lol HAHAHAHAAHAH

how can it be NTR IF U MADE THEM A SEXBOT ... thats just dumb

eugenene

Apr 19, 2018
To corrupt the girls in this game you can just have sex with them. Having sex with a girl should not corrupt them into being cockjumping sluts. Even changing the way they dress shouldnt make them jump on any dick they see. That's a leap of logic too far.

In fact I'm pretty sure I talked with Baal about this once and he agreed. Once other means of corruption became more available he'd look into it again.
You're right. By corrupting I was more talking about the sex bot and supression mechanics, not the actual corruption stat. Unless I missed something here, the way they dress affects inhibition and doesn't make them jump dicks but willing to use pictures of them jumping dicks for their profile. Yes, them becoming corrupted by having sex seems weird.
What I ment to say: No girl will jump any other dick that Billy's unless he makes them, by using his powers on them or at least using the negative social actions. The only exceptions are some avoidable storylines e.g. Derek/Sandra or Steph/Freddy and the profile pics in the phone menu. Iirc the profile pics can be dealt with by the right mindcraft action. So in conclusion:
1. If you consciously turn someone into a prostitute or nymphomaniac, your're not supposed to complain at them acting as one.
2. I'm realy not a fan of ntr, but I don't mind the actions in this game between the girls and other males than the MC. So I kinda agree with what Baal says about it.

Reactions: badblonde
Nov 9, 2017
Show a screen shot with the values you upgraded? I can'y seem to locate "Charm"
What stat are you trying to change? There is no stat in the save file that has "charm" in the name. There is player > personality but it is unclear what you are trying to do.

Remember I am talking about the save file in an unmodded game. Mod files can change the nature of the save file so if you are using a mod of some kind my screen shot is not going to help you.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
You're right. By corrupting I was more talking about the sex bot and supression mechanics, not the actual corruption stat. Unless I missed something here, the way they dress affects inhibition and doesn't make them jump dicks but willing to use pictures of them jumping dicks for their profile. Yes, them becoming corrupted by having sex seems weird.
What I ment to say: No girl will jump any other dick that Billy's unless he makes them, by using his powers on them or at least using the negative social actions. The only exceptions are some avoidable storylines e.g. Derek/Sandra or Steph/Freddy and the profile pics in the phone menu. Iirc the profile pics can be dealt with by the right mindcraft action. So in conclusion:
1. If you consciously turn someone into a prostitute or nymphomaniac, your're not supposed to complain at them acting as one.
2. I'm realy not a fan of ntr, but I don't mind the actions in this game between the girls and other males than the MC. So I kinda agree with what Baal says about it.
The phone pics are corruption based. So yeah, you see them on others dicks just from the corrupting act of fucking them. You can solve it all by using wild oats suppression. That's why you don't see me around here complaining a lot. Baal was good like that, he told me a while before it was implemented that it was coming and he made good on it. Now I just need some more free time so I can up my pledge again and start playing. :s

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Ok, this should fix it. If not, then I'm just an asshole typing garbage into a computer.
So this doesn't get lost in another "what is NTR?" discussion.

@bossapplesauce @klx or other mods, and @DarkPhilosopher and @Passion3D and other modders, @Baal7734 posted a small script fix here that fixes the Good alignment quest stopping events from moving forward.

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017
So this doesn't get lost in another "what is NTR?" discussion.

@bossapplesauce @klx or other mods, and @DarkPhilosopher and @Passion3D and other modders, @Baal7734 posted a small script fix here that fixes the Good alignment quest stopping events from moving forward.

Version 0.26.03 is ready. But I'm waiting for @DarkPhilosopher and @T.Geiger to be available to update their mod.

For those who do not use any mod, here is the link of the basic game in

The OP will be updated shortly, unless a new patch is released;).

Reactions: Regardie

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
@Shardoom I agreed that the stat corruption doesn't reflect what i intend it too represent properly. I told you that corruption is supposed to represent a girls willingness to have sex (not specifically with Billy), and the fact that you can get the stat to 50 just by having sex with the girl isn't very realistic. I do still plan on changing those levels at some point. I also agree that it may be an exercise in futility....but....I enjoy arguing, so I'll be entertained either which way :p I will say, I like debating with you because you don't throw tantrums like many of the other people that promote the idea of a co-opted "NTR" term.

As a side note: Beta-males tend to have high level of the jungian personality trait "Neuroticism" or negative emotion. Saying non beta males are just responding to feelings of jealousy is incorrect. There are wider ranges than just Alpha, and Beta, but through a simple lense of those two personality types...an Alpha male will react negatively to a girl not acting as he wants her to act. (i.e. pimp, or gentlemans club owner) While the beta male reacts negatively because their feelings were hurt. I personally have the "Architect/Mastermind" Personality Archetype (INTJ) if you're using the jung personality index, which is to say, I'm very much in the alpha male category. Aggression and Dominance are not the same thing.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
@Shardoom I agreed that the stat corruption doesn't reflect what i intend it too represent properly. I told you that corruption is supposed to represent a girls willingness to have sex (not specifically with Billy), and the fact that you can get the stat to 50 just by having sex with the girl isn't very realistic. I do still plan on changing those levels at some point. I also agree that it may be an exercise in futility....but....I enjoy arguing, so I'll be entertained either which way :p I will say, I like debating with you because you don't throw tantrums like many of the other people that promote the idea of a co-opted "NTR" term.

As a side note: Beta-males tend to have high level of the jungian personality trait "Neuroticism" or negative emotion. Saying non beta males are just responding to feelings of jealousy is incorrect. There are wider ranges than just Alpha, and Beta, but through a simple lense of those two personality types...an Alpha male will react negatively to a girl not acting as he wants her to act. (i.e. pimp, or gentlemans club owner) While the beta male reacts negatively because their feelings were hurt. I personally have the "Architect/Mastermind" Personality Archetype (INTJ) if you're using the jung personality index, which is to say, I'm very much in the alpha male category. Aggression and Dominance are not the same thing.
Alpha males will respond negatively to other males encroaching on their territory (females). Often responding violently in order to maintain their ability to mate exclusively. This is a primal reaction that exists across the world in many different types of animals. Of course your description fits too, mostly. As 9/10 men will not 'want' their females to run off and fuck other men (unwanted behaviour). So, they will react negatively. Although it doesn't just apply to women, Alpha's expect beta males to obey and remain loyal to them just as much as they expect women to obey and remain loyal. (this is seen across the world in animals as well as humans too)

Edit: I thought the inhibition stat was supposed to represent the girls willingness to do lewd stuff, with the corruption stat deciding how fucked up, public etc etc it could be? Or was that just me mis-remembering?

Baal7734

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
You're talking of mating, and yes you are correct. Pimps don't consider their females to be their mates, they see them as a resource. This view is not specific to just Pimps, but is the easiest to illustrate my point. Billy is not mating with the characters in the game. You won't find a single line of dialogue claiming a girl is now his. They are a resource. Players may project "mating" into the game if they want, but that doesn't suddenly change the nature of the story, only that individuals perception of story. What i was pointing out, is that how a lot of the "non-beta males" That complain about NTR, show a lot of beta male behavior, by throwing irrational hissy fits and screaming "NTR NTR!" at anything they don't like. I would classify using words improperly, and when confronted with the actual definition of the word, doubling down on it's misuse as being irrational. I don't consider you to be one of these people by the way. You are very rational. I just disagree with your position. ;)

Reactions: Shardoom

eugenene

Apr 19, 2018
Edit: I thought the inhibition stat was supposed to represent the girls willingness to do lewd stuff, with the corruption stat deciding how fucked up, public etc etc it could be? Or was that just me mis-remembering?
Inhibition is the opposite of exhibition. So a low inhibition means the character is pretty much an exhibitionist, meaning they will enjoy showing their body and doing lewd stuff WHILE BEING SEEN. In game a low inhibition causes the characters to wear even sluttier stuff the lower their inhibition gets. Also some scenes seem to be inhibition based, e.g. the Sophie/Mom obsession scene during wednesday and saturday nights progresses as Sophie's inhibition gets lower.

Edit: Progress with lower inhibition, not higher inhibition obviously.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
You're talking of mating, and yes you are correct. Pimps don't consider their females to be their mates, they see them as a resource. This view is not specific to just Pimps, but is the easiest to illustrate my point. Billy is not mating with the characters in the game. You won't find a single line of dialogue claiming a girl is now his. They are a resource. Players may project "mating" into the game if they want, but that doesn't suddenly change the nature of the story, only that individuals perception of story. What i was pointing out, is that how a lot of the "non-beta males" That complain about NTR, show a lot of beta male behavior, by throwing irrational hissy fits and screaming "NTR NTR!" at anything they don't like. I would classify using words improperly, and when confronted with the actual definition of the word, doubling down on it's misuse as being irrational. I don't consider you to be one of these people by the way. You are very rational. I just disagree with your position. ;)
Fair enough, I know that always been your standpoint on this, that Billy really doesn't care much about the girls.

But, as this is a game were we as the player put ourselves in Billy's position it becomes difficult to not lay claim to his/our conquests. I believe this is were a lot of the angst about the other males comes into play. Which is also why I'm thankful that you don't force any of it. I really wouldn't have played if that had been a part of the plan.

Changing the subject though, I remembered right didn't I, when I wrote about you saying that Billy's appearance can/will change? Once the game moves on from the school setting and time moves forward, right? I distinctly remember us talking about how Billy will 'beef up' a bit once he finishes school and becomes a proper superhero.

3.20 star(s) 140 Votes