Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
... It's temporary.
KingWeWuz is right.
With insanity aura active there's a 13.4% chance of making either of them 'deep seated' each day. Just remember to turn it off after achieving this as it has a chance of reverting the change if active. Easiest if their willpower above 50.
I'd recommend just getting Radioactive mod though, makes all of this easier to handle.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
It's not temporary if it becomes a "deep seated" mental illness which you can randomly do when you get insanity aura. Also keeping their willpower low will make it permanent if you never manage to get deep seated.
KingWeWuz is right.
With insanity aura active there's a 13.4% chance of making either of them 'deep seated' each day. Just remember to turn it off after achieving this as it has a chance of reverting the change if active. Easiest if their willpower above 50.
I'd recommend just getting Radioactive mod though, makes all of this easier to handle.
Not temporary if... So, it's actually temporary unless that 13.4% of continually using an aura to possibly create a deep-seated mental state that still leads to the "Eeew Gross" reaction from not having Mind Control, but can still be done after doing exactly what I said, which actually answers the issue raised.

Got to love when people focus on the correct answer, thinking it's wrong because they didn't read what was being replied to.

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
Not temporary if... So, it's actually temporary unless that 13.4% of continually using an aura to possibly create a deep-seated mental state that still leads to the "Eeew Gross" reaction from not having Mind Control, but can still be done after doing exactly what I said, which actually answers the issue raised.

Got to love when people focus on the correct answer, thinking it's wrong because they didn't read what was being replied to.
No, since it also sets char.taboo=False if related.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

At least double-check if you're right before starting to gloat about it.

Last edited:

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019

You keep on accusing me of thinking the correct answer is wrong.

I do not think that.

I was correcting this part of your answer, which you emphasized twice here.

Short circuiting them is only temporary, whereas mind control to reprogram them...
I prefer to do it the deep-seated mental illness way personally because it frees up a top slot, allowing me to give them 'wild oats' suppression and the like.

Also, you seem to be saying in your latest post that we're arguing he's interested in them without the incest flaw. We are not saying this.

In fact, looking back this started when you quoted the following "you can short circuit their feelings and make them horn on your character even if he says "ew gross""

Reactions: Cmann

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
You keep on accusing me of thinking the correct answer is wrong.

I do not think that.

I was correcting this part of your answer, which you emphasized twice here.
It wasn't clear whether or not you were agreeing or disagreeing with what I'd already said. Especially when you were focusing more on making the mental states deep-seated.

Also, you seem to be saying in your latest post that we're arguing he's interested in them without the incest flaw. We are not saying this.
No, my previous post was clearly a question.
Granted it's been three versions since I played prior to this one, but for Billy to be interested in incest, and the "Eeew Gross" reaction is when he hasn't got that flaw from getting Mind Control, Sympathic Link powers and Insanity aura don't remove the "Eeew Gross" reaction for him.

I keep focusing on the "Eeew Gross" part, because that's what was the key part of the question being asked. Not whether or not there is incest, despite the clear genre tags and obvious lack of incest restoration patch.

In fact, looking back this started when you quoted the following "you can short circuit their feelings and make them horn on your character even if he says "ew gross""
That was clearly highlighting the temporary nature of Obsession and Nympomaniac mental states, which are temporary. Making them deep-seated, therefore permanent mental disorders, requires a percentage chance to go in favour of them becoming deep-seated. It is an exceptional condition to them being temporary, not the standard.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
It wasn't clear whether or not you were agreeing or disagreeing with what I'd already said. Especially when you were focusing more on making the mental states deep-seated.
Why assume I'm disagreeing with the rest of your answer?
I keep focusing on the "Eeew Gross" part, because that's what was the key part of the question being asked. Not whether or not there is incest, despite the clear genre tags and obvious lack of incest restoration patch.
The others only offered additional info to that answer.
That was clearly highlighting the temporary nature of Obsession and Nympomaniac mental states, which are temporary. Making them deep-seated, therefore permanent mental disorders, requires a percentage chance to go in favour of them becoming deep-seated. It is an exceptional condition to them being temporary, not the standard.
"Exceptional?"

It's not hard even without cheating.

If you wanna break someone in, simply use break will until their willpower is low, then use the mental break ability from psychosism, then use sympathetic link till you see an overcharge.

The next day the character should become temporarily mentally ill.

Family members can be kept at low willpower easily until they both become permanent because you see them everyday and by default the mc returns home after every action (save for morning school).

For schoolmates, turn on the aura only when you do a class where the classmate is guaranteed to show up. EX: stoicism and Sandra. Then turn it off and keep trying till you get desired mentally ill people.

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
Is that for Billy or the family member?
I interpreted the initial comment to mean sis, since 'Gross' is a common phrase for her, and she likes to point out their relation. You are probably right that the meaning was MC, in which case mind control is necessary for his flaw, but would still use the aura because it allows working on multiple characters at the same time.
It is an exceptional condition to them being temporary
I do not agree that 64% chance in a week, for something that requires little work or 'resources', classifies as "exceptional condition".

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
"Exceptional?"

It's not hard even without cheating.
Exceptional, as in it's an exception to the statuses being temporary.

If you wanna break someone in, simply use break will until their willpower is low, then use the mental break ability from psychosism, then use sympathetic link till you see an overcharge.

The next day the character should become temporarily mentally ill.
No shit, Sherlock.
Now who's making assumptions here? ;)

I do not agree that 64% chance in a week, for something that requires little work or 'resources', classifies as "exceptional condition".
It's not a cumulative effect though is it? As in, it doesn't add 13.4% each time, to the previous chance roll.

To reiterate, exceptional as in deep-seated mental states are an exception to the typical state of mental disorders, which are temporary. Deep-seated is not normal for mental disorders, so it is exceptional.

It's funny that I'm having things explained to me, when I'm clearly not the one asking questions or saying things that are incorrect.

Birulei

Oct 12, 2018
Well, just triggered the new jealousy scene and it gives an error, it says that it's missing an image, Is that anyone here that has this image? Please.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Exceptional, as in it's an exception to the statuses being temporary.
Again, it's not temporary if it can be made permanent.

It's not a cumulative effect though is it? As in, it doesn't add 13.4% each time, to the previous chance roll.

To reiterate, exceptional as in deep-seated mental states are an exception to the typical state of mental disorders, which are temporary. Deep-seated is not normal for mental disorders, so it is exceptional.
So are superpowers, why do you not refer to the mind control part of your post as a rare exceptional condition? Why are you even referring to it in this way?

Like why? We say it's not temporary if it's deep-seated. Are you just randomly terming it this way or using it as an argument?

No shit, Sherlock.
Now who's making assumptions here? ;)
I don't even know what to say to you at this point in the conversation. I made the same "assumption" of what normal people would assume based on what you said. What you're doing now is no different than saying "I shot someone," then implying I'm stupid for thinking you meant literally and not metaphorically.

It's funny that I'm having things explained to me, when I'm clearly not the one asking questions or saying things that are incorrect.
Hmmm....
Short circuiting them is only temporary, whereas mind control to reprogram them...
... It's temporary.
The fact that it's something that requires "topping up" by redoing it every so often, is testament to that. Furthermore, it can still be done after they've been reprogrammed to suppress family ties, which directly answers the question that was asked.
It's not a cumulative effect though is it?
(By the way, to respond to this post, it mathematically becomes more likely each time it fails. The odds of 13% failing once is 87. The odds of it failing twice is 76%.)

Now I'm just going to end this here because I have literally no idea what you're arguing at this point or why you're arguing it. I'm just going to go ahead and outrageously assume you're doing what you're doing to save face rather than just admit you're wrong about it being a temporary way to change someone's feelings. I honestly don't care at this point. I don't intend to respond to whatever messages you feel like making in response, so feel free to take the last word.

Last edited:

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
Was a bit generous with the rounding. Chance is 1-(1-0.134)^7, or (more correctly rounded) 63.5% chance of occurring once in 7 rolls.

To reiterate, exceptional as in deep-seated mental states are an exception to the typical state of mental disorders, which are temporary.
This is devolving into semantics, no thank you.

Last edited:

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Was a bit generous with the rounding. Chance is 1-(1-0.134)^7, or (more correctly rounded) 63.5% chance of occurring once in 7 rolls.
So it's more like 9.1% chance per roll then?

This is devolving into semantics, no thank you.
It's not really, but I'll acquiesce to your politeness on this.

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
So it's more like 9.1% chance per roll then?
In order to calculate the chance of an event occurring once given multiple rolls, you use the formula 1-(1-X)^n, where X is the base chance and n is the number of rolls. Another solution is 1-Y^n where Y is base chance of the event not occurring.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
In order to calculate the chance of an event occurring once given multiple rolls, you use the formula 1-(1-X)^n, where X is the base chance and n is the number of rolls. Another solution is 1-Y^n where Y is base chance of the event not occurring.
Sooooo... It's a 9.1% (approximate) chance then?

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
13.4% of occurring in a single roll, and 63.5% chance of occurring in 7 rolls.
Okay, so is that 13.4% chance the same chance each time, or are you saying that it builds up to 63.5%?
If it's not a cumulative build up, and each time it's that same 13.4%, then I honestly don't see the point in even mentioning the percentage chance for the whole week.

3.20 star(s) 139 Votes