Deleted member 229118

Oct 3, 2017
Ok here is a dumb question for people to think over.

What kind of Oversight would let a Super with a Lust flaw ever get a Mind Control power?
Goverments across the world?
I think most of us agree that goverment if not incomptent are just to big to worry about billy or any single one civilion.
Keep in mind that billy is a rare case and some already want to take his powers away.
Normal heroes are trained and watched within the inisitive.
Billy get nearly no oversight because he is legaly speaking allowed to get powers but is the first case of someone not enrolling in the inisitive.

Really, you might as well ask why they'd let ANYONE get a mind control power. Yeah, it can definitely be used for rape, but it could also be used for murder, theft or any other crime you can think of. Not really many ethical uses for mind control.
Because villians have mind control powers?
Villians who dont care if it is legal?
Sometimes you fight fire with fire.
If you "lose" the game you have karma brainwash your family to sit down while they take you in for a chat.
And you end up a brainwashed janitor who is a slave to mistress.
It isnt fun to be on the recieving end of mind control.
It can be used for good.
The entire point of the inisitive is to prevent more supervillians.

As for why the goverments allowed for mind control research in the first place.
Power.
Everyone who has it wants more of it(or atleast most people) and the ability to mind control others is among the strongest tools of power.
As you noticed there are some limets with the mind control in superpowered.
1: Mind control require repeated sessions.
2: It seem to be required to be physicaly close to the target.
3: When in drone mode there brains follow a preprogrammed routine.
This is fine for sex but worthless for science, mathathic's or other value jobs that require a working brain.
4: While not in game yet there are people looking for mind controled victems(it is why we have subtle mind control tools)
So it is risky.

Now add to this you need to have the genetic advantage of the drug working.
Then those people have a limet on how many powers they can get.
Billy is the execption because he has no known limet.

In short.
It is entirely believeable.
Remember in the intro they explaint that pandora box had been opened.
And now they are doing damage control.

nb8

Jul 22, 2017
If you don't like the people to play the game without sponsoring or paying for it then you should get it taken off this site.
He will never do it, because this is the best advertisement of his school grinder that he has. Few people knew about this game until it was attached in a separate section of the site (this section was later deleted). Most of its subscribers came through this forum.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Well not every lust flawed character is gonna get the incest flaw from Mind Control. Some may get a foot fetish while others may get a mirror fixation, and just get turned on by looking at themselves in the mirror. Billy's is a little on the harsher side considering he lives with his family. ;)
I don't think that was the point behind the question. It's more like giving Mind Control power to a person who has lust as a flaw, is basically giving the keys of the kingdom to them, a convenient tool to fulfill that flaw even without consent. That is a massive fuckup from Oversight however we look at it, incest flaw or not.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Game trope trumps in game insecurity and pains to get a life and integrate. Help is not handed to MC, we have to buy and train him! So there you have it .. kink shaming your own lewd desires into lambasting yourself with unwinnable anecdotes.
lust as a flaw,
Just play the game and be happy :)!

Reactions: ultorem13

Luka32

Mar 13, 2019
Ok here is a dumb question for people to think over.

What kind of Oversight would let a Super with a Lust flaw ever get a Mind Control power?
The kind of oversight that is probably massively infiltrated by supers who have their own interests in mind, and the means to see those interests made reality. In a world where mind control is rather commonplace you can bet there is more than one pervert who is going to take full advantage of that fact.

Ex78

Aug 22, 2019
Ok I know the MC power is there for game play. I also know the lust flaw is there to make the lewd things we have Billy do make some sense. While it is too late in the game to add now I would have liked to see a black market for powers they won't give Billy Blah due to his flaw so off to the black market. This would just add the Villain path in earlier

Well not really too late just too late to do it for the power levels already in game could add a black market for level 4+ powers the REALLY controlled ones normal people would never get a 4th shot and Heroes mostly need to spend all or most of the shots in that one power to have a 4th or higher level.

cyndane

May 24, 2017
error when loading 0.38 savegame in 0.39.01:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
ImportError: No module named matrix

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "C:\Users\marku\Downloads\Games\SuperPowered_v0.39.00-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\marku\Downloads\Games\SuperPowered_v0.39.00-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\marku\Downloads\Games\SuperPowered_v0.39.00-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\marku\Downloads\Games\SuperPowered_v0.39.00-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\marku\Downloads\Games\SuperPowered_v0.39.00-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3510, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\marku\Downloads\Games\SuperPowered_v0.39.00-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\Users\marku\Downloads\Games\SuperPowered_v0.39.00-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "C:\Users\marku\Downloads\Games\SuperPowered_v0.39.00-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 707, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\marku\Downloads\Games\SuperPowered_v0.39.00-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\Users\marku\Downloads\Games\SuperPowered_v0.39.00-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\Users\marku\Downloads\Games\SuperPowered_v0.39.00-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 946, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\marku\Downloads\Games\SuperPowered_v0.39.00-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 881, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\marku\Downloads\Games\SuperPowered_v0.39.00-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "C:\Users\marku\Downloads\Games\SuperPowered_v0.39.00-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 760, in load
    roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
  File "C:\Users\marku\Downloads\Games\SuperPowered_v0.39.00-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 63, in loads
    return cPickle.loads(s)
ImportError: No module named matrix

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
SP 0.39.01
Thu Mar 19 01:39:28 2020

Reactions: Trminator and H*A

Rock H.

Jul 30, 2018
Very disappointed to see that the demerit_game_over_event bug is not fixed after applying hotfix 0.39.01
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/func_time.rpy", line 274, in <module>

NameError: name 'demerit_game_over_event' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "func_time.rpyc", line 274, in script
File "[PATH]\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "[PATH]\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "[PATH]\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/func_time.rpy", line 274, in <module>

NameError: name 'demerit_game_over_event' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

SP 0.39.01
Wed Mar 18 18:03:16 2020

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
I think about 5-10 updates more at minimum since i last played it and i start playing this again, don't get me wrong game is good and all but Old content vs new content its too little to do over old content all over again its more satisfying when lots of new content is on board. Also with new balanced coming out cheating is going to be less needed since he halved the cost already, it would't suprise me if he plan on getting to atleast v 1.00.00 to call the game in beta stage and right now soon 0.40 so this game is going to be more than twice the size and honestly i don't mind since so much content is in it already and the quality is really grand great. I would not be suprised if around 50 or 60 the MC can get his own 'lair' so to speak, there just so much grinding needed before getting to newer content, i think thats why i am going to wait about untill closer to christmas, its a nice ride and lots of other games to keep me company while i wait. :)

alcanii

Sep 3, 2017
Its a bit very grindy and why the hell do i get punished for actions i cant even preform? like "hey mom how about we talk about..." mom:"NO FUCK U U LITTLE GARBAGE" - likey like points!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Stareagle lord

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
i hope he adds in pregnancy and make it a option to claim the child or brian wash the girl into thinking it some one else's
Eventually, but in the past, he said that one would take a LOOOONG time based on the rendering and such...

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
Its a bit very grindy and why the hell do i get punished for actions i cant even preform? like "hey mom how about we talk about..." mom:"NO FUCK U U LITTLE GARBAGE" - likey like points!
That's always been one of the game's biggest flaws. To be brutally frank, the developer isn't very good on "gameplay" issues. He thinks "punishing" is "challenging". That's why I've always found the only way to play the game effectively at all is to save-scum EVERYTHING.

wmammal

Jan 25, 2018
has anyone else gotten a persistent gosavve file in the game save files. Every time I delete it, it returns. I downloaded the mega file zip

malium

Aug 16, 2017
Why it lags so hard? I mean I am in the main menu if you move the cursor it lags a lot, if I do SHIFT+G and select NPOT disable works a bit better. Does anyone have a solution?
I have an i7, 12GB RAM and GTX970 so it cannot be my computer, i think

3.20 star(s) 140 Votes