T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
have a Concentration of 10 and I'm getting maybe 25% critical successes so that's 4 months of nothing but day/afternoon grind at an otherwise sub-optimal job.

Is there any other way people have found to earn her favour?
You're rolling unlucky. It is a D20 roll, and you only need to roll at or below your stat. At a 10, that should be 50% success on average.

File Clerk might be a better option if you have good Awareness, as it has the same options to build favor and does not carry the chance to lose favor on a critical failure.

All of Manners' favor changes occur at the Globex jobs.

Controlling alice is almost korean MMO tiers of grinding
Mind Control 3 grants +5 Control per encounter.

How do I get the emergency check-up scene with Anne, only that other chick shows up.
Random. Level 3 Enhanced Senses gets you a 10% better chance.

pbam

May 22, 2018
Mind Control 3 grants +5 Control per encounter.
Yeah, but that's 10 days of required critical successes to get to just 50 with some interactions costing a whole 50 favor. That's like 2 whole months of grinding if you don't save scum. Maybe it's just because I'm assuming maid manners has put a mental block on her or something, so you only get 5 for now and would be better once we get newer updates/when you eventually/hopefully control maid manner.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
You're rolling unlucky. It is a D20 roll, and you only need to roll at or below your stat. At a 10, that should be 50% success on average.

File Clerk might be a better option if you have good Awareness, as it has the same options to build favor and does not carry the chance to lose favor on a critical failure.

All of Manners' favor changes occur at the Globex jobs.
Figures. My data set is small, only ~10 data points, but even so my luck is sucky. Looking at the code,

Code:
    $ rng_value = renpy.random.randint(1, 20)
    $ var1=7
    if player.power_WIT>=1:
        $ var1+=2
    $ var1+=player.concentration
    $ var1+=player.MB
    if rng_value<=player.concentration and rng_value<=var1:
My Billy currently should be var1 = 7 + 2 + 10 + 3 == 22. So he can't fail and should get 50% critical success. I don't think I can potentially push Concentration any higher until Brilliance enters the game. *edit* this Billy doesn't have Kinesis yet, so Concentration can go to 11 and drop the number of shifts to 37.

So currently, I'm looking at an expected 40 shifts to achieve the favor to buy the better job if I don't try anything sneaky with Alice. Awareness max is a point lower because power bonuses are a point lower so at best it'd take 45 shifts if it were maxed, which it isn't on my current Billy.

8 weeks of grind it is, 10 actually. as I can't afford to cut school on Tuesdays because I need to keep attending the club activities. Maybe I'll use this time to cure Anne of her deep-seated mental illness.

Last edited:

KakarottSSJ4

Aug 29, 2018
Does anyone know how to trigger the "fetish cleaning step 3" step with mom, I have the necessary corruption needed and knows her fetish but it doesn't trigger

T.Geiger

Modder
Nov 29, 2017
Does anyone know how to trigger the "fetish cleaning step 3" step with mom, I have the necessary corruption needed and knows her fetish but it doesn't trigger
I am not sure what exactly you are referring to, but I believe Mom's stuff is all Minor favor, Major favor, and then Coffee dates.

K9

May 28, 2017
So currently, I'm looking at an expected 40 shifts to achieve the favor to buy the better job if I don't try anything sneaky with Alice. [...] Maybe I'll use this time to cure Anne of her deep-seated mental illness.
The third job at Globex is not interesting for now. You can only work it on Mondays and it's only linear scenes, there is no choice, opportunity, sexy content, or consequence yet.

If you also want to see everything there is to see with Alice, you'll need 150 Control at the very least. That's 30 critical successes with Mind Control 3, so maybe do that first, then get Manners' Favor to 40 to see the third job. That'll spare you the need for 15 more crits.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Friendly advice, keep a save if you decide to cure Anne, so you can come back to it if you don't like the result. I suppressed her Identity once and she looked akward as fuck afterwards.

What is "fetish cleaning step 3"?

If her fetish is indicated on her phone page, you're done, AFAIK.

If not, and you've asked the questions and went to get coffee with her, you just need to clean the kitchen when she's there, using the broom symbol in the room. If you have Mind Control, deactivate Brainwipe first, so you don't mind-control her to do it instead. If you've suppressed Family Ties in both Mom and Sis, choose a moment when Sis is not at home, or you'll get a jealousy scene instead.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Huh. I just got stun-locked and beaten to a pulp by a bully. He stunned me before the previous stun wore off at least 10 times in a row. The combat timer hit 600, but he won without me throwing a punch.

K9

May 28, 2017
It happened to me once too. Literally got bitch slapped into next week. Not Billy's proudest moment as a superhero.

Reactions: sillyrobot

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Isn't it overnight?
No. All mindcrafts take time based on how much Control remains on the subject at the end of each night. A basic personality costs 40 Control. A subtle version costs 80. The remaining Control is tallied and the mindcraft completes when that tally hits 100.

Assuming you have 100 Control to begin with and no Control refreshes active (Drone/Worker reprogramming or Self-Control suppression) then a basic personality will take 2 days (60 + 60) to complete and a subtle will take 5 ( 20+20+20+20+20).

Even if you have Drone active and reset to 100 Control every day, that occurs AFTER the daily tally and both a basic or subtle personality change will take 2 days.

KakarottSSJ4

Aug 29, 2018
Yeah the mindcraft is completed, it shows the personality icon in her profile, but under the interest text itself it still shows health nut

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
My saves from v42.01 are not available in v43. Anyone has this problem?
I can think of two possibilities: (a) the saves are using mods you haven't installed or (b) one of the two versions had a folder that ended in '-win' and the other ends in '-pc.' The compressed repack isn't compatible with the official release because a different version of ren'py is used.

l2002301140

Aug 16, 2019
I can think of two possibilities: (a) the saves are using mods you haven't installed or (b) one of the two versions had a folder that ended in '-win' and the other ends in '-pc.' The compressed repack isn't compatible with the official release because a different version of ren'py is used.
Thanks for your help! The v43 pack has the '-win' and '-pc.'folders. So the v43 I have is a compressed repack ?I hope my old saves are from the official release o_O Btw,your walkthrough is a great help,I played the whole game with that

Reactions: sillyrobot

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
there is 2 versions of this actually. stronger one(subtile) demands more control & rank3 ability. try it too
I have the sister converted (Nerd) with the basic and the mom converted (Alpha) with the subtle, just to make sure it isn't a problem with the base game.

3.20 star(s) 140 Votes