sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
I just added to ally's character file "$ a.groups = ['nerd']" and Terry had this empty $ t.groups = [' '], so I put Nerd in it, but still no nerd bonus for both.

There must be somewhere else a variable or similiar to put them in the group , because it works for Sam.
You have to add them to a list. I did it before so I know it can be done. I was just hoping the bug would have been dealt with. char.groups.insert(1,"nerds") when they are the selected character or replace char with their variable name. Though it might be "nerd" rather than "nerds"

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
You have to add them to a list. I did it before so I know it can be done. I was just hoping the bug would have been dealt with. char.groups.insert(1,"nerds") when they are the selected character or replace char with their variable name. Though it might be "nerd" rather than "nerds"
Yes, I think it should be nerd, sam uses nerd.
I just can't find the lists. Not for the Nerd, Cheerleader, jock and rebel.

Reactions: sillyrobot

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Yes, I think it should be nerd, sam uses nerd.
I just can't find the lists. Not for the Nerd, Cheerleader, jock and rebel.
They're built into the character class so each char has its own list. Not necessarily the most elegant design, but it works fine. That's why you need to reference the character in the assignment.

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Is there an issue with Sandra's quest in school? After visiting the principals office, I do not get the next step.

They're built into the character class so each char has its own list. Not necessarily the most elegant design, but it works fine. That's why you need to reference the character in the assignment.
If I underestand it correctly this happens for example in the char_Name file under label ini_samantha with
$ sam.groups = ['cheerleader', 'nerd']

So I added under ini_Allie for Allie in her file:
$ a.groups = ['nerd']

Terri had this already in her file, only missing Nerd. So I added nerd between ['']:
$ t.groups = ['nerd']

In script.rpy is a list under char_data which connects the abbreviations with their names. Which is maybe in this case not important.

There is in the label person_gossip(char):
with the following code:
if player.schoolrep_nerd > 0 and "nerd" in char.groups and player.alignment >= 60:
$ var1=(2 * player.schoolrep_nerd)
$ player.reputation+=var1
"{color=24ff00}+[var1] Global Influence{/color}\n From Nerd Reputation."
So I would expect that char.groups would be for Allie: "a.groups" and provide Nerd from her file, but this does not work. I seem to overlook something.

I do not understand this:
func_updatescript.rpy: $ a.groups.append('nerd')
func_updatescript.rpy: $ sam.groups.append('nerd')
func_updatescript.rpy: $ t.groups.append('nerd')
sam for example has already an nerd entry in her file. So I am not sure why she is mentioned in the updatescript.

I find it interesting that other chars do not have append added in the same file:
func_updatescript.rpy: $ sd.groups = ['rebel']
func_updatescript.rpy: $ sis.groups = ['rebel']

While for the jocks, they used again append
func_updatescript.rpy: $ ch.groups.append('jock')
func_updatescript.rpy: $ n.groups.append('jock')
func_updatescript.rpy: $ sd.groups.append('jock')
And I get Jock Reputation if I gossip for example with ch.

Archaon11111

Engaged Member
Aug 14, 2020
the only MILF looking woman is the principal, and she's not a mother that we know of. MC's mom looks 30. Not exactly a MILF addict's wet dream
Well it dosen't matter her age or body type, if she's a mom you can smash it deserves the tag and I see the mods agreed with me and added it.

Reactions: Darkaura

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Is there an issue with Sandra's quest in school? After visiting the principals office, I do not get the next step.

If I underestand it correctly this happens for example in the char_Name file under label ini_samantha with
$ sam.groups = ['cheerleader', 'nerd']

So I added under ini_Allie for Allie in her file:
$ a.groups = ['nerd']

Terri had this already in her file, only missing Nerd. So I added nerd between ['']:
$ t.groups = ['nerd']

In script.rpy is a list under char_data which connects the abbreviations with their names. Which is maybe in this case not important.

There is in the label person_gossip(char):
with the following code:
if player.schoolrep_nerd > 0 and "nerd" in char.groups and player.alignment >= 60:
$ var1=(2 * player.schoolrep_nerd)
$ player.reputation+=var1
"{color=24ff00}+[var1] Global Influence{/color}\n From Nerd Reputation."
So I would expect that char.groups would be for Allie: "a.groups" and provide Nerd from her file, but this does not work. I seem to overlook something.

I do not understand this:
func_updatescript.rpy: $ a.groups.append('nerd')
func_updatescript.rpy: $ sam.groups.append('nerd')
func_updatescript.rpy: $ t.groups.append('nerd')
sam for example has already an nerd entry in her file. So I am not sure why she is mentioned in the updatescript.

I find it interesting that other chars do not have append added in the same file:
func_updatescript.rpy: $ sd.groups = ['rebel']
func_updatescript.rpy: $ sis.groups = ['rebel']

While for the jocks, they used again append
func_updatescript.rpy: $ ch.groups.append('jock')
func_updatescript.rpy: $ n.groups.append('jock')
func_updatescript.rpy: $ sd.groups.append('jock')
And I get Jock Reputation if I gossip for example with ch.
I used the console and 'a.groups.insert(1,"nerd")' and 't.groups.insert(1,"nerd")' and it worked fine. Perhaps it is case sensitive and didn't like the capital?

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
I used the console and 'a.groups.insert(1,"nerd")' and 't.groups.insert(1,"nerd")' and it worked fine. Perhaps it is case sensitive and didn't like the capital?
I just do not see where a captial was used. But a case sensitive issue I also thought about.

the only MILF looking woman is the principal, and she's not a mother that we know of. MC's mom looks 30. Not exactly a MILF addict's wet dream
From how Maggie looks like, I would expect her in the early forties. If thirties, more very late and early 30.

Aside Larson and Maggie, there is also Anne from the beginning. Even first sex scene with the MC.

And MILF is a very loose term. For some it could be important that she just has kids, or how her tits look like. For others she that look old. But even old in this case could mean for a teen something different, than to someone who is 10-20 years older.

But I know women who are ~30 who looke like 16. Some 14 years old girls look like they are 20 years old. And in dating apps, women's age in the 30s/40s looks so different, that any use of age category for MILF is worthless.

Larson could even count as a GILF and I do not mean G = geriatric.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
I just do not see where a captial was used. But a case sensitive issue I also thought about.

From how Maggie looks like, I would expect her in the early forties. If thirties, more very late and early 30.

Aside Larson and Maggie, there is also Anne from the beginning. Even first sex scene with the MC.

And MILF is a very loose term. For some it could be important that she just has kids, or how her tits look like. For others she that look old. But even old in this case could mean for a teen something different, than to someone who is 10-20 years older.

But I know women who are ~30 who looke like 16. Some 14 years old girls look like they are 20 years old. And in dating apps, women's age in the 30s/40s looks so different, that any use of age category for MILF is worthless.

Larson could even count as a GILF and I do not mean G = geriatric.
You reported using "Nerd". I used "nerd".

MasterDragon

May 13, 2018
Just curious. I have started the "stolen chemicals" quest and chose Tamara as my assistant like you're supposed to...yet I'm like 3 weeks in and nothing more has happened since I accepted it. Am I missing something or is it just random? The other "longer" quests had something happen a lot sooner so I'm wondering whether I missed something or it's bugged.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Just curious. I have started the "stolen chemicals" quest and chose Tamara as my assistant like you're supposed to...yet I'm like 3 weeks in and nothing more has happened since I accepted it. Am I missing something or is it just random? The other "longer" quests had something happen a lot sooner so I'm wondering whether I missed something or it's bugged.
Several missions only proceed if you attend a class. Some for classes in the morning, others for classes in the afternoon. Since going to class is a terrible option generally, it is easy to miss advancing a mission if you forget.

MasterDragon

May 13, 2018
Several missions only proceed if you attend a class. Some for classes in the morning, others for classes in the afternoon. Since going to class is a terrible option generally, it is easy to miss advancing a mission if you forget.
Doh, didn't think about that since I was pretty much done using classes by this point! LOL thanks!

Edit: Yep, that was it. Got to take the chemistry class in the afternoon a couple of times to advance it. Heh, I should've thought of that. Was rather obvious after the fact. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Doh, didn't think about that since I was pretty much done using classes by this point! LOL thanks!

Edit: Yep, that was it. Got to take the chemistry class in the afternoon a couple of times to advance it. Heh, I should've thought of that. Was rather obvious after the fact. Thanks for the help.
Any type of class will do, but it has to be a class -- not a job, tutoring action, or anything else.

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017
The 0.44.04 update seems to have solved all the problems :)
But this is the test version, does anyone have the final version update?

I think I remember Baal saying, that he wanted only the final versions to be posted here. He didn't want to see any test version here

Wistil

Sep 9, 2018
The 0.44.04 update seems to have solved all the problems :)
But this is the test version, does anyone have the final version update?
From what I can see on Patreon, The Alpha builds are what he releases. So the one in the first post is the same as the one Patreon. And hasn't been anymore hotfixes since 0.44.04 (Test builds have numbers like 0.43.80)

Passion3D

Modder
Nov 10, 2017
From what I can see on Patreon, The Alpha builds are what he releases. So the one in the first post is the same as the one Patreon. And hasn't been anymore hotfixes since 0.44.04 (Test builds have numbers like 0.43.80)
Ok, thanks for the info ;)
So I'm going to do the 0.44.04 repack and update the SFC mod this weekend :)

Reactions: Johny Alfa
3.20 star(s) 140 Votes